Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Eltoasto posted:

Necro is fun as heck now.

The burning fury changes hurt it more than any other spec, but it also got boosted with some damage from it's buffs. It's not as high as full harb or necro, or necroharb hybrids, but it is not too much lower. It can still parse over 20k dps, getting up to 21 or so.

The Necro buffs were that big? Dayum. I gotta get back on my Mage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

boho posted:

The Necro buffs were that big? Dayum. I gotta get back on my Mage.

There is a lot to do, so it will take some practice/karuul to get the most out of it. But even just loving around with no buffs or caring about rotation, I was putting up 11k on raid dummy.

http://valvalval.net/valvalval-61-necromancer-guide-2-3/

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
So uhh, I just tried some Inquisitor on the PTS and :circlefap:.

I should probably learn how to do the new rotation correctly though.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Playing a Mage for the first time (I only play warfronts) and oh my god, Pyromancer is so much fun. I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

cams posted:

Playing a Mage for the first time (I only play warfronts) and oh my god, Pyromancer is so much fun. I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

That robot in the background is all :toot:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

So with the changes to Warriors, should I still use the WL/Champ build with my level 51 warr? I saw someone suggest 11 in warlord and rest in champ.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

cams posted:

I think you may have just owned me over and over in the runemaster's library.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

I think you may have just owned me over and over in the runemaster's library.
100% likely. I am really really good at PvP in this game because it's all I do! I started playing this again a couple weeks ago, and since then I have a 53 Rogue, 40 Warrior, 33 Cleric, and 27 Mage, all of whom I have leveled 100% on warfronts. PvP is fun!

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

You see, Guragh, they can't fire me for sexual harassment. The crime doesn't fit the punishment! :orks:
Sweet, this is what me and my buddy have basically been doing, leveling through WFs the whole time. We're in our upper-20s now, you should join us some time!

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Eltoasto posted:

The burning fury changes hurt it more than any other spec, but it also got boosted with some damage from it's buffs. It's not as high as full harb or necro, or necroharb hybrids, but it is not too much lower. It can still parse over 20k dps, getting up to 21 or so.

Hmm, that 21k is about the same as what ranger is pulling on PTS, assuming Ailion's old nothing but what's in the boxes, max PA, no CQ power is what was used for parsing that (it's what I used to get the ranger number, which is higher than what almost everyone else who has parsed has posted :allears: [it's a stupidly easy spec so :iiam:]). I was getting about the same with Sin, NB/Sin and NB (as has most everyone else :haw:), though I wasn't really putting all that much effort into them, so I was almost assuredly loving up with Sin.

Speaking of PTS, Sab is really nice there, though I'm not sure how much of its effectiveness is on live and how much is due to more recent changes. Behind Champ in ST (10-20% with large variability in 5 minute parses, ~15-16k versus the absurdly repeatable ~18.5k I was getting off champion), but similar in AoE, and the sab has the advantage of being ranged.

Eltoasto posted:

So with the changes to Warriors, should I still use the WL/Champ build with my level 51 warr? I saw someone suggest 11 in warlord and rest in champ.

Champ can hit pretty hard ST now, so there's really nothing wrong with using champ as the majority of your soloing build. 11 WL leaves 4 points free though, so I guess those would go into tempest for ranged attacks (or RB for speed if you don't want a ranged attack ability).

nicehook
Dec 5, 2011

cams posted:

Pure awesomeness.

nicehook
Dec 5, 2011
Also, I think its time to do some more craft rifts. Have another two weeks of lures. Anyone interested?

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!

nicehook posted:

Also, I think its time to do some more craft rifts. Have another two weeks of lures. Anyone interested?

I've got 27 lures sitting in my bank just waiting so yeah I could go for a few.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

cams posted:

100% likely. I am really really good at PvP in this game because it's all I do! I started playing this again a couple weeks ago, and since then I have a 53 Rogue, 40 Warrior, 33 Cleric, and 27 Mage, all of whom I have leveled 100% on warfronts. PvP is fun!

I restarted a babby mage that I haven't touched since release and have been going Pyro, just seeing 1/3 or more health disappear with a Fireball is pretty awesome.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

There is a lot to do, so it will take some practice/karuul to get the most out of it. But even just loving around with no buffs or caring about rotation, I was putting up 11k on raid dummy.

http://valvalval.net/valvalval-61-necromancer-guide-2-3/

I threw this spec together last night and tried it out on the TB dummy, got 18k and poo poo my pants before I remembered it's within AoE distance of the other dummies. Went to our guild dummy and put out about 11k as well, with a lot more interesting rotation than Pyro. I like it.

You get a little gravemaker buddy when Parasite goes off. :3:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Bussamove posted:

I threw this spec together last night and tried it out on the TB dummy, got 18k and poo poo my pants before I remembered it's within AoE distance of the other dummies. Went to our guild dummy and put out about 11k as well, with a lot more interesting rotation than Pyro. I like it.

You get a little gravemaker buddy when Parasite goes off. :3:

We did the same thing :3: How were you doing 18k in TB but only 11k in Guild? I hit 12.3k without much issue and I was only doing 17.2k or so in TB.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

necrotic posted:

We did the same thing :3: How were you doing 18k in TB but only 11k in Guild? I hit 12.3k without much issue and I was only doing 17.2k or so in TB.

I honestly have no idea. There were some random dudes hitting poo poo in TB, they might have been putting something up that was inflating my numbers even more.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Bussamove posted:

I honestly have no idea. There were some random dudes hitting poo poo in TB, they might have been putting something up that was inflating my numbers even more.

I didn't think you could get buffed unless you were in the same group. Not sure about debuffs on a target, though.

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

All added! Thanks.

Rianlee fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 21, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Bussamove posted:

Just parse in dimension dummies or on PTS. Check your parse breakdown for Spotter's Order/Illuminate/Coda of Jeopardy/Thorns of Ire (although armor debuffs won't show up on it as effectively).

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Zoness posted:

Just parse in dimension dummies or on PTS. Check your parse breakdown for Spotter's Order/Illuminate/Coda of Jeopardy/Thorns of Ire (although armor debuffs won't show up on it as effectively).

Yeah I hopped off to the dimension dummy after I noticed the AoE thing, which is where I got the much more reasonable 11k considering my gear level.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

a digital orc posted:

Sweet, this is what me and my buddy have basically been doing, leveling through WFs the whole time. We're in our upper-20s now, you should join us some time!

Krecrea and Krecric are a pyro mage and sent cleric in their 20s right now. I'm also leveling via warfronts. I'll try to hop on tonight for some drunk low level pvp.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
I could use an invite on another alt of mine, Loire.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Requesting an invite for Bachol.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

We should all run Hammerknell Fortress until I get the Murdantix mount!

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Summerfest!

http://community.riftgame.com/en/2013/07/19/summerfest-returns/

SUMMERFEST
Pack your suits and bait your lines: the season of high-summer adventures returns to Telara on July 25! With the worst of the Architects’ threats yet to be revealed, you can rest and relax – or romp through scavenger hunts, battle the forces of Swarmlord Karhgroth, fish, explore, and catch rare companions – all under a balmy summer sky.

Key Features
ZONE EVENT: THE EXUVIA OF KHARGROTH

In tune with the cyclical nature of the seasons, Swarmlord Khargroth gathers those loyal to him and unleashes them upon Telara. Thwart his quest for revenge and loot the treasures of the devilish Fae.

SCAVENGER HUNTS

Join your friends for scavenger hunts throughout Telara – ride a barrel down Scarlet Gorge Falls, risk life and lips to plant a kiss on some of Telara’s greatest villains, and more. You’ll have to follow the clues, though – hunt objectives aren’t marked on your map!

RARE COMPANIONS

Unique and adorable critters return to zones across the continent of Mathosia. Catch and befriend up to 11 special companions, from black bunnies to striped prairie dogs and colorful cobras.

MAKE A SPLASH

Summer fashion’s alive at the RIFT Store! Sport a variety of swimsuits and exclusive items including Sunset, a feisty avian companion.

SPOILS OF SUMMER

Camp out to earn the title “the Counselor” and catch Summer Sunfish from special nodes throughout the event. As you complete Summerfest quests, you’ll earn Friendship Bracelets and Merit Badges you can trade in for seasonal loot.

WIN CREDITS

During Summerfest, Daily Login Gifts have a chance of including 25-75 RIFT Credits. If you’re a Patron, you have an even higher chance of receiving free Credits!

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

Bonapartisan posted:

SUMMERFEST
SCAVENGER HUNTS
Join your friends for scavenger hunts throughout Telara – ride a barrel down Scarlet Gorge Falls, risk life and lips to plant a kiss on some of Telara’s greatest villains, and more. You’ll have to follow the clues, though – hunt objectives aren’t marked on your map!

I have a guide in the works for Summerfest Phase 1 of Brevane and Dusken scavenger hunts

RARE COMPANIONS
Unique and adorable critters return to zones across the continent of Mathosia. Catch and befriend up to 11 special companions, from black bunnies to striped prairie dogs and colorful cobras.
I have a guide to catching all of the summerfest rarespawn companions as I had for last year!

I'm SO READY FOR THIS :toot:

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

lsp posted:

I have a guide in the works for Summerfest Phase 1 of Brevane and Dusken scavenger hunts

RARE COMPANIONS
I have a guide to catching all of the summerfest rarespawn companions as I had for last year!

I'm SO READY FOR THIS :toot:

gently caress yeah. I missed last years, so I am super excited for this.

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

You see, Guragh, they can't fire me for sexual harassment. The crime doesn't fit the punishment! :orks:
Best pvp round yet with my harb/chlor/ele spec:

Not sure how well this spec will do at 60, but for sub-60 tiers it seems to work out pretty well. 84k damage and 19-0 (I suppose 0 deaths is more of a credit to my healers than myself) is probably the best I've done with any of the specs I've tried so far. Avert your eyes from the texture settings and messy hotbar.

a digital orc fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 22, 2013

nahanahs
Mar 26, 2003

<3 Shantastic <3
In as Dokkon

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

a digital orc posted:

Best pvp round yet with my harb/chlor/ele spec:

Not sure how well this spec will do at 60, but for sub-60 tiers it seems to work out pretty well. 84k damage and 19-0 (I suppose 0 deaths is more of a credit to my healers than myself) is probably the best I've done with any of the specs I've tried so far. Avert your eyes from the texture settings and messy hotbar.

Those bars really aren't that bad at all, mine are a lot worse. :haw:

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Can someone toss SabledSun an invite? Thanks.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How's the game now that it's F2P? What's changed other than the payment model?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Bob NewSCART posted:

How's the game now that it's F2P? What's changed other than the payment model?

Tons of poo poo, too much to just rattle off. What items are you most concerned with?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I'm out on the west coast all week. Good luck with Matriarch tonight! And get some relics from that dragon lady. I will probably be back for next Monday's raid.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

No Matriarch for me tonight :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Summerfest announcement:
http://community.riftgame.com/en/20...summerfest_text

Has some pics of the swimsuits

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Summerfest announcement:
http://community.riftgame.com/en/20...summerfest_text

Has some pics of the swimsuits

Yes! Short shorts! I'm glad I bought a REX.

Ikuu
Feb 17, 2009
Posting for an invite, character is named Liaya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

necrotic posted:

I'm out on the west coast all week. Good luck with Matriarch tonight! And get some relics from that dragon lady. I will probably be back for next Monday's raid.

Oh hey mages: make sure someone has DomCon (58 archon/18 dom) and PyroCon (if Johson or some other warrior BMs at least). You need DomCon for Crucia, and PyroCon pairs perfectly with BM.

• Locked thread