Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
"I BROKE HIS WILL!"

The Monarch sees the bright side of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

This is how the season ends: not with a whimper, but with a bang.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Who the gently caress is gary?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
gently caress 21 is back with Monarch.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Now we have to wait for another season for.... man where did this season go...

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Kinda stunned no one died there.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Hah, its the Dick Whitman house!

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Who the gently caress is Gary?

This goddamn show. Of course The Monarch doesn't actually know his name.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Aww, this is actually a kinda happy epilogue!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So who died?

Apart from Hank and Dean.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What a weird finale. I like how it was a smaller episode, but outside of the post-credits sequence it felt a bit like filler.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Hank always looking on the bright side.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Maxwell Lord posted:

So who died?

It was a proper funeral for Humongaloid or whatever his name was.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

So who died?

The moppets and many, many henchmen.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Wow that was oddly touching, peeing on graves at all. Also not surprised that Hank thought being a clone is awesome since it makes him more like a comic character.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

So who died?

It looks like they just moved Humonculo's body.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Maxwell Lord posted:

So who died?

They moved Dr. Entman from Action Man's retirement home's front lawn to the Venture Compound.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I hope the Moppets died in the Cocoon fire.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

What a weird finale. I like how it was a smaller episode, but outside of the post-credits sequence it felt a bit like filler.

Well Gary discovered where he belonged.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.

feedmyleg posted:

No it was about failure. The whole episode was a harken back to the start of the series. Nothing but failure from everyone across the board.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
This was a great season. :unsmith:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

EatinCake posted:

The moppets and many, many henchmen.

I wouldn't be so sure The Moppets are dead, just because we didn't see any proof, and having them show up again is just the kind of thing this show would do.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Aw man, now the wait begins. This season really doesn't feel like it had a complete arc as much as previous seasons did. Feels like they're leaving a lot of loose ends to tie up in S6 (whenever that will be.)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

evilwaldo posted:

No it was about failure. The whole episode was a harken back to the start of the series. Nothing but failure from everyone across the board.

Action Man is banging Billy's mom and Hatred has developed a true enemy and fully with Team Venture.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RandallODim posted:

I wouldn't be so sure The Moppets are dead, just because we didn't see any proof, and having them show up again is just the kind of thing this show would do.

More and likely one of the moppets got killed by the henchmen turning on him and the other one lives to join the Revenge Society or something.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I don't think I can wait another 4 years to see a new episode.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm also hoping that Monstroso is finally really dead too.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand
That was certainly no Operation PROM, but was still good. Didn't feel much like a finale, though.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Hollis posted:

I don't think I can wait another 4 years to see a new episode.

This. Although didn't they say they were also working on season 6 in the last 3 years?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I didn't realize Humongoloid was actually retarded when he was giant. I feel like there was a line about that that I missed.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Not sure how I feel about Gary going back to the Monarch. Need to think on that one.

I can't decide what would be funnier: the Monarch actually giving up, letting Rusty go, and then giving that speech to save face in front of his wife, or if he actually was conducting psychological torture from the start.

They didn't invite Jonas Junior to the funeral, did they?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Uncle Wemus posted:

This. Although didn't they say they were also working on season 6 in the last 3 years?

I think they are suppose to be on track for it coming out in 2014. So a year basically.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I didn't realize Humongoloid was actually retarded when he was giant. I feel like there was a line about that that I missed.

It's all in the name - Mongoloid used to be a term for people with Down syndrome. (I only picked up on this tonight myself.)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Hollis posted:

I think they are suppose to be on track for it coming out in 2014. So a year basically.

I'll believe this when I am watching a new episode of Venture.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bobulus posted:

Not sure how I feel about Gary going back to the Monarch. Need to think on that one.

I can't decide what would be funnier: the Monarch actually giving up, letting Rusty go, and then giving that speech to save face in front of his wife, or if he actually was conducting psychological torture from the start.

They didn't invite Jonas Junior to the funeral, did they?

He really does not care for him.
The thing is Monarch cared for Gary. He has total faith in him and finds him to be the only person he can really trust. Also no one treated him with any respect at the Venture Compound and that is why he went back. If Brock invited him to OSI or Team Venture did not treat him like an unwanted guest he would not have gone back.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Doctor Candiru posted:

That was certainly no Operation PROM, but was still good. Didn't feel much like a finale, though.

I agree. I'd say that was the weakest of the season finales, but it was still fun. I guess my disappointment stems from how the previous episode set it up for being something bigger than what it turned out to be. I was expecting Phantom Limb and the rest of the Revenge Society to make an appearance, but no. It felt more like a mid-season episode.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

He really does not care for him.
The thing is Monarch cared for Gary. He has total faith in him and finds him to be the only person he can really trust. Also no one treated him with any respect at the Venture Compound and that is why he went back. If Brock invited him to OSI or Team Venture did not treat him like an unwanted guest he would not have gone back.

I wish we'd seen that on screen, though. What we saw was him running around trying new things and being mediocre at them, there was no character journey there.

And yeah, it really felt like we were prepped to have something with that photo of his dad that Monarch found, or the Revenge Society popping up last episode, or Molotov/Brock OSI something-or-other. To me it feels very intentional, but ultimately dissatisfying.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 22, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
It might be 2014. I noticed that all the episodes were copyrighted in 2012 so airing them the following summer seemed to be a network thing.

Lintwhite
Oct 15, 2007

I'm actually glad this episode was a lot quieter than previous season finales. It felt kind of like a relief, you know? I was so scared someone was going to die or something generally awful was going to happen, since supposedly this episode was setting up for the next one. I was so afraid for a cliffhanger of some kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

I wish we'd seen that on screen, though. What we saw was him running around trying new things and being mediocre at them, there was no character journey there.

They did show that. He tried to help out OSI they just blew him off and caused him to cause more problems. Then when it came to the Ventures they just treated him like crap unless they needed him.