Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Spot the difference between these two images!

One's 551 kilobytes smaller than the other, or almost 1/6th the filesize. You should switch image formats. I might have mentioned it in the thread but I stopped reading a while ago. Not your fault, but Oblivion's :v:

But seriously your updates are all almost quite literally 600% the size they need to be.

e: how did that work with a typo in the filename?

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Huh, guess I'll try that.

...the hell is a JPGP though?

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

Huh, guess I'll try that.

...the hell is a JPGP though?

It's just a typo in the filename for JPG, browsers usually don't rely on extensions to figure out what kind of format a file is.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah, odd that it still worked, but it was a typo. Weird :confused:

For what it's worth that was just Photoshop Save for Web, quality 75. I'm sure you could min/max your filesizes even further but that goes over my "too much effort" threshold.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Your browser doesn't care about the extension, only that the server told it it's a JPEG image.

imgur only checks if the file extension starts with one of "png", "gif", and "jpeg"/"jpg" but since it always knows the correct type of image, it will always say "hey, this is a JPEG image" to the browser.

These all work fine, and they're all JPEG images (Firefox shows "JPEG image" in the tab title):

http://i.imgur.com/qvZtkvT.jpegbutts
http://i.imgur.com/qvZtkvT.gifpenis
http://i.imgur.com/qvZtkvT.pngfart

I don't know if there's any others. I tried "tif", "tga" and "bmp", but none of those worked.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_media_type

tl;dr - When a browser makes an HTTP request (that is, you enter an url or click a link etc.), the server sends a response which consists of the body (the actual requested file data) and the header (various information about the data, including the MIME type of the file). For an OS, there's nothing inherently magical about a file extension. It's just used for figuring out which program should execute the file.

But yeah. Png is useful for images with large areas of static colors, jpg for images with lots of color variation in small areas such as photos.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Psion posted:

Yeah, odd that it still worked, but it was a typo. Weird :confused:

For what it's worth that was just Photoshop Save for Web, quality 75. I'm sure you could min/max your filesizes even further but that goes over my "too much effort" threshold.

Couldn't I use IrfanView for bulk processing? VirtualDubMod only saves screenshots in PNG, TGA and BMP formats.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
So some people suggested I add story time to the Chocobo Tales LP. Thing is, I don't have the voice necessary for story time, or the artistic skills necessary to draw story time, so I'll end up asking either here or in the thread if anyone wants to contribute. Is the LP good to go aside from that?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Couldn't I use IrfanView for bulk processing? VirtualDubMod only saves screenshots in PNG, TGA and BMP formats.

In vdub, pause the video on the frame you want. Hit ctrl-1 to copy the image to the clipboard. Paste it in irfanview and save as jpg.

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 19, 2013

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Or just take the images as PNG and then batch-convert them afterwards.

Also I'm going to recommend using AvsPmod for taking screenshots, you can set the screenshot key to Enter and then just double-press Enter to take a screenshot, and it defaults the filename to the current frame so you keep chronological order no matter in what order you actually take the shots.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Or just take the images as PNG and then batch-convert them afterwards.

Yeah, this. PNG is lossless so it's a good format to save in since you can then do lossy compression (i.e. JPEG) at a later step, and yes, Irfanview will do batch processing.

I don't know how well Irfanview's quality settings match up to Photoshop, but if it's a 1-100 slider, Photoshop is basically "60 or up is fine, 80-90 probably isn't even noticeable, 90-100 is a completely stupid waste of filesize"

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

If you won't try to find coherence in the world, have the courtesy of becoming apathetic.
I'm not quite sure why imgur cares about the extension particularly, especially when it's not a whitelist but a substring as Suspicious Dish points out. On lpix I don't care about anything other than the id and neither does any sane browser that I'm aware of: http://lpix.org/975737/notavirus.zip.exe.pif

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

GeneralYeti posted:

So some people suggested I add story time to the Chocobo Tales LP. Thing is, I don't have the voice necessary for story time, or the artistic skills necessary to draw story time, so I'll end up asking either here or in the thread if anyone wants to contribute. Is the LP good to go aside from that?

Well, here's my take on story time. I just tried the voice, I don't have any kind of artistic ability either (and honestly the storybook is cute enough).

I didn't want to be sitting around for the slooooow text crawl to catch up, so I just slid it at my own pace, which may make it a little difficult to read. I could just try to get better at being gradual with it, or maybe just crop out the bottom half of the screen and put a transcription somewhere for people who really cared.

Mixing this into your videos would be tricky, so if you think this is decent, I could just do this as a side-thing for your thread. I have a 90% completion save, so when you clear a book, I could just do a single video with the prologue and all the epilogues.

But yeah, otherwise your video looks decent and I think you're ready to post.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Krysmphoenix posted:

Well, here's my take on story time. I just tried the voice, I don't have any kind of artistic ability either (and honestly the storybook is cute enough).

I didn't want to be sitting around for the slooooow text crawl to catch up, so I just slid it at my own pace, which may make it a little difficult to read. I could just try to get better at being gradual with it, or maybe just crop out the bottom half of the screen and put a transcription somewhere for people who really cared.

This seems good enough! I wasn't planning on having story time actually in the episode, because I enjoy having the option to listen to our talking through the text. If you'd do this for the thread, that'd be great - just crop out the bottom half of the screen and we're fine. The thread won't be up for a while, as I want to finish up Medabots.

Thanks for feedback, everyone.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

baldurk posted:

I'm not quite sure why imgur cares about the extension particularly, especially when it's not a whitelist but a substring as Suspicious Dish points out. On lpix I don't care about anything other than the id and neither does any sane browser that I'm aware of: http://lpix.org/975737/notavirus.zip.exe.pif

Maybe for SEO or virus scanning reasons? Those things aren't really ever done correctly, so I can imagine imgur getting downvoted or virus scanned more prevalently by somebody linking to http://i.imgur.com/viruS.exe

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

baldurk posted:

Fun note: Some software firewalls (including the near-ubiquitous Websense), will block this sort of thing as a potential software exploit.

Not that I really care that much, but getting too clever with this is not without consequences.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Test posting for my part of the CKII Old Gods Tutorial LP.

:shepicide: I picked West African Pagan.

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=14521

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

AtomikKrab posted:

If you don't do this with CK2Plus you'll burn out within a month. At least with CK2Plus you have some more coastal counties to tool around in.

Looks ok otherwise though.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 20, 2013

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

AtomikKrab posted:

Looks good, but you made a few small mistakes. You say you are buying humble when you are actually buying content, you are using the word dukedom although the CK2 consensus is to use the word duchy (if you prefer dukedom this word is viable as well, so no need to change it if you don't want to) and you talk about playing an emir when in reality you are playing a high chief since you are not playing a Muslim. The duchy level title for West African Pagans is high chief, no matter if you are independent or not, and the kingdom level title is Mansa (like Mansa Musa, one of the richest men in history).

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
In modern English usage, a duchy is a land holding ruled by a Duke whereas a dukedom is the actual title itself; this has relevance for, example, Prince William, who holds the Dukedom of Cambridge but no actual Duchy to go with it.

If this distinction is the most of your worries you are good to go. That said, I'd say your style is a bit sort of halfway on most things. You explain a lot about what things do, but not why the things that they do are relevant (you may decide you don't have to explain what stat bonuses mean because everyone reading has played CKII, which may or may not be true). Also you put RANDOM THINGS IN BOLDED CAPITALS which is a pretty obnoxious way of adding emphasis.

Oh, and you misspelled "wroth" as "worth" at least once, which your spellchecker understandably missed. To be honest, I don't think you need five billion screenshots of the traits menu; just tell us what the ones you're picking are and have a single shot of it.

Dice_
May 29, 2013

Afraid of being hollow?

Join the club, my face is more caved in than your mother.

Dice_ posted:

Alright, I've updated my test post. http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=14396
It's still a bit short but in the next part we'll actually get into the game and then I can sperg over all the mechanics and rides for about a 200 page essay.

Posted this a little while back but haven't gotten any responses. Can someone check through it and tell me if it's ok? Thanks.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

I'm having a really hard time reading your images. You might want to make them a little larger, or not resize them so drastically.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Ilanin posted:

In modern English usage, a duchy is a land holding ruled by a Duke whereas a dukedom is the actual title itself; this has relevance for, example, Prince William, who holds the Dukedom of Cambridge but no actual Duchy to go with it.

If this distinction is the most of your worries you are good to go. That said, I'd say your style is a bit sort of halfway on most things. You explain a lot about what things do, but not why the things that they do are relevant (you may decide you don't have to explain what stat bonuses mean because everyone reading has played CKII, which may or may not be true). Also you put RANDOM THINGS IN BOLDED CAPITALS which is a pretty obnoxious way of adding emphasis.

Oh, and you misspelled "wroth" as "worth" at least once, which your spellchecker understandably missed. To be honest, I don't think you need five billion screenshots of the traits menu; just tell us what the ones you're picking are and have a single shot of it.

:v: I didn't think they were random. You are right about the traits I'm going back redoing the images for ease.I'll have to work on relevance? Also other people are posting theirs and have done a lot of explanation on the basics of things already.

Oh could you give me an example about the part it Italicized? It would help me get it.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 20, 2013

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Psion posted:

Yeah, this. PNG is lossless so it's a good format to save in since you can then do lossy compression (i.e. JPEG) at a later step, and yes, Irfanview will do batch processing.

I don't know how well Irfanview's quality settings match up to Photoshop, but if it's a 1-100 slider, Photoshop is basically "60 or up is fine, 80-90 probably isn't even noticeable, 90-100 is a completely stupid waste of filesize"

Thanks for the heads up on this, by the way. Tested out some batch conversions at 85 quality on some of my old saved images and drat, what a difference it makes.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 20, 2013

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.

AtomikKrab posted:

Oh could you give me an example about the part it Italicized? It would help me get it.

Like I said, it depends on how much knowledge of CKII you're going to assume. For example, readers who don't know that your ruler dying with his heir outside your dynasty causes a game over would not understand why you say this:

AtomikKrab posted:

Lets move on and grab lustful, Lustful is a vice, and opposes the virtue Chaste (not the same as celibacy which is a lifestyle) we gain a point because it costs us more monthly piety than it gains us in fertility, but it will ensure we get more heirs which is good with our very very vulnerable start.

You say you're happy to trust to the fact that readers will have read other LPs that explain the basics (I note that I haven't read any of them, but then I may not read this one either...CKII doesn't seem to interest me any more to watch than it does to play).

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Ilanin posted:

Like I said, it depends on how much knowledge of CKII you're going to assume. For example, readers who don't know that your ruler dying with his heir outside your dynasty causes a game over would not understand why you say this:

You say you're happy to trust to the fact that readers will have read other LPs that explain the basics (I note that I haven't read any of them, but then I may not read this one either...CKII doesn't seem to interest me any more to watch than it does to play).

Multiple people are doing an lp in this, several have already put in updates, especially explaining a lot of that stuff so I don't think it will be a problem.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Lizard Wizard posted:

Thanks for the heads up on this, by the way. Tested out some batch conversions at 85 quality on some of my old saved images and drat, what a difference it makes.

:hfive:

One last thing - If you're doing in-game screenshots of all the books in Oblivion - I don't know if you are - those you might want to keep png on a case by case basis. Just keep in mind that "screenshots of text" is a thing where JPEG doesn't always do so well.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Psion posted:

:hfive:

One last thing - If you're doing in-game screenshots of all the books in Oblivion - I don't know if you are - those you might want to keep png on a case by case basis. Just keep in mind that "screenshots of text" is a thing where JPEG doesn't always do so well.

Nah, if a book's quest-relevant (or otherwise really worth a read), I just grab the text from Imperial Library and quote it. If someone wants to read all the books in Oblivion, then quite frankly, they can go buy Oblivion.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 21, 2013

unfair
Oct 6, 2012
Let's Play Defense Grid: The Awakening

Description
Defense Grid: The Awakening is a very highly regarded tower defense game with excellent production values and good voice acting. The gameplay is challenging but balanced - an all around excellent addition to the TD genre.

Style
This will mostly be live commentary about strategy, with a bit of information here and there. Most of the combat will be in fast-forward speed until later levels. At that point things may get dicey and require normal speed. My focus is mostly on experiencing the game and the light story behind it.

Schedule
I'll probably be posting an episode or two per week, depending on how long these episodes take. No set schedule, just slotted in between my other LPs.

Feedback/Suggestions/Participation
I love feedback - even negative comments are appreciated, that's how I improve. Feel free to play along and post your best runs on each level as we go along - I love this game but definitely won't be gold-medaling the whole game.

Spoilers
Please use the spoiler tags for anything we haven't encountered yet in this game.

Episodes

Episode 1 - Protect The Cores
YouTube Polsy

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
^ Looks good to me. You explained it well enough that having never seen the game I picked up on the concepts quickly. ^

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Does this look good as an OP for a Victoria 2 LP?

Victoria II (often abbreived as Vicky2 or V2) is a historical grand strategy game by Paradox Interactive in which the player can take control of a wide variety of countries in 1836 and guide said nation through an era of industrialization, imperialism, and political turmoil until the game ends in 1936. Like many other Paradox games of this style (ie: Europa Universalis series, Crusader Kings series, etc) this game has a bit of a steep learning curve, but once you get to know it, it can be a very fun experience. There are two expansions, both highly recommended: A House Divided (AHD) adds a new starting point of 1861, in the early stages of the American Civil War, as well as fixing some of the problems of the vanilla Victoria II. The other expansion, Heart of Darkness (HoD) adds some new mechanics, greatly affecting gameplay for the better. I'll be working on the Heart of Darkness expansion, since it is the most recent one.

That's interesting and all, but what are you trying to do with this LP?
Sadly, unlike many other Paradox games, Victoria II has never had a lasting instructional LP made. Sure, there have been attempts at it, but they either petered out or were never properly archived. I'm hoping to at least provide a stopgap until someone more competent than I can step in and give this game the instructional LP it deserves.

An instructional Paradx LP? Isn't that more Kersch's department?
I've brought this project up in the Paradox thread, and Kersch said that, while he is considering giving Vicky2 an LP, he wouldn't mind if anyone else did something similar in the meantime. So here I am.

OK, cool. So if you can pick from so many countries, which will you be showing off?
I don't have a set list at the moment, but I will most definitely be showing off Japan since it gives me the besst opportunity to show off as many game mechanics as possible, given Japan's pretty quick and eventful trajectory from uncivilized nation to global power. Other possible options after Japan are Prussia, Brazil, Russia, and so forth, but I heartily encourage posters to come up with any suggestions--I'll keep them in mind, I promise. However, there is a caveat: since I'm mostly in this to show off mechanics, please make sure any suggestions give me a chance to display new mechanics not likely to be touched on (or that will show such mechanics in a better light) in the regular Japanese game.

Any mods?
No mods for now, but if the thread approves I may show off some that really mix up gameplay, in particular the goon-made Imperialist Adventures of Srbija and Friends.

How often are updates?
I'm pretty busy these days, but I'll do my best to get updates out something like two or three times a week. Expect most updates to be on weekends, since that's when I have the most free time.

Will there be reader participation?
I saw Wiz's Crete LP, so don't count on every decision going to the Goon Parliament. However, I'll more than likely throw you guys a bone in the form of asking where to expand next and such. Because it's a short game as far as Paradox games go (only 100 years as opposed to Europa Universalis III's or Crusader Kings II's ~400) this won't be a very common event, but I'll try to squeeze some in.

And so, without further ado, wax your mustache, put the kettle on, and let's jump into Victoria II: Heart of Darkness!

Episodes
None for now

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

^ Looks good to me. You explained it well enough that having never seen the game I picked up on the concepts quickly. ^

Excellent, thanks - this game has a ton of levels, so I'm trying to fill in things slowly and not overwhelm new people with all the concepts in the first episode :)

Thread is live now. Side note: seems like the LPs have slowed down a lot during the Steam sale, which is weird - or maybe it's just a seasonal thing.

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Does this look good as an OP for a Victoria 2 LP?

You should really include at least one episode so people can give you feedback on quality.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

unfair posted:

Side note: seems like the LPs have slowed down a lot during the Steam sale, which is weird - or maybe it's just a seasonal thing.

Steam sales tend to skew the community toward the "Play" and away from the "Let's."

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
This is my first attempt at a subtitled LP and I basically have no idea what I'm doing. Feel free to share even the most obvious and patronizing advice.

Aside from the video, I'm a little worried that the OP might be too bloated. Should I move the character bios to a second post, or maybe reduce the vertical size of the header images? I feel like the link to the actual video might get lost among all the other crap in there, at least until I've got five or six links in a row to make them stand out more.

quote:

:siren: Heaphones are necessary to fully enjoy this thread! :siren:

Corpse Party follows the story of nine people who are separated from one another and trapped in the ruined remains of the Heavenly Host Elementary School. Heavenly Host is no ordinary school, however. It exists in a dimension outside of regular time and space. The school can reshape itself at will; rooms vanish and appear, hallways are warped, and entire wings of the building can disappear in the blink of an eye. Our protagonists must navigate this twisted school to reunite with one another and escape with their lives.

Corpse Party is a horror adventure game that uses binaural audio (a method of recording that makes use of two microphones) to create a sort of simulated surround sound when listened to through stereo headphones. It uses this audio to build an extremely effective atmosphere. The effect does not translate to speakers, so always be sure to wear headphones when watching videos from this thread.

Corpse Party was originally released in 1996, developed by the Japanese indie developer Team GrisGris using RPG Maker software for the PC-98. In 2008, Team GrisGris released a Windows remake of Corpse Party, titled "Corpse Party: Blood Covered." Two years later, 5pb published and assisted in the development of an enhanced PSP version of Corpse Party: Blood Covered, titled Corpse Party: Blood Covered Repeated Fear. Xseed picked this up for release in North America and Europe, dropping the absurd subtitle and simply calling it "Corpse Party."

This will be a subtitled video LP. The audio is necessary to build the game's atmosphere, and I highly recommend wearing headphones while you watch. This is the third time I've mentioned it because it's very important. Wear headphones.

This is a 100% run. I'll be getting every Wrong End and collecting every nametag, which will be compiled in the second post. I'll also be showing off all 10 extra chapters, after we've reached the end of the main game.

Do not post spoilers in this thread. That goes for this and any of the sequels and spinoffs, don't even put them in tags.

Chapter 1, Part 2

All of these bios are taken from a massive infodump at the beginning of chapter 1. They contain general descriptions as well as background information that's otherwise not described in detail in-game.

Satoshi Mochida
VA: Hiro Shimono

A 17-year-old student in Kisaragi Academy Senior High class 2-9. Fairly average, but popular. Known for being both kind and cowardly in equal measure. Despite his timidness, he's very personable and open, which complements his general sensitivity toward others to make him a natural leader. The one person to ever challenge that leadership is Naomi -- who is, consequently, the only person to whom Satoshi regularly defers judgment.

Naomi Nakashima
VA: Rina Sato

A 16-year-old student in Kisaragi Academy Senior High Class 2-9, and a classmate of Satoshi's since junior high. Frequently greets Satoshi with, "Oh, not YOU again!" Having lost her father a few years back, Naomi and her mother now depend on one another for moral support. Still, she remains optimistic and cheerful. Her home life has given her an interest in nursing, which she's intent on pursuing. She spends her time studying, aiming for acceptance to medical school.

Yoshiki Kishinuma
VA: Yuichi Nakamura

A 17-year-old student in Kisaragi High class 2-9. Often regarded as sarcastic and cynical, but as far as he's concerned, he's just being honest. Although generally not one to participate in events, his fondness for Satoshi and Ayumi means he'll make an exception now and again is either is involved. With intense drama at home, Yoshiki currently works part-time after school to afford rent on a small apartment, where he lives alone.

Ayumi Shinozaki
VA: Asami Imai

The 17-year-old appointed representative of Kisaragi High class 2-9. Often subjects her classmates to ghost stories, and revels in hearing them scream. It's generally believed that she carries candles and other "horror goods" with her at all times, just in case an opportunity presents itself to use them. In truth, however, Ayumi wears this reputation as a mask to hide her own fear of the unknown, which rivals even Satoshi's in its intensity. When faced with any truly scary situation, her knees give out and panic sets in. Only her personal pride can break her out of this fear-induced state.

Yuka Mochida
VA: Eri Kitamura

Satoshi's 14-year-old sister. Though she's an eighth-grader at Kisaragi Academy Junior High School, she looks and acts much, much younger. In the Mochida household, Yuka's always been the "princess," generally getting her way and thus never really shedding her childlike behavior. Despite this, she yearns to grow up, often attempting to act older or braver than she is -- which sometimes gets her into trouble.

Seiko Shinohara
VA: Satomi Arai

A 16-year-old student in Kisaragi Academy Senior High Class 2-9. Lives very close to Naomi, and generally accompanies her to and from school each day. A free spirit, she often says or does things that take others by surprise -- though she's also easily forgiven due to her good nature and amiability. Her mother disappeared three years ago, leaving her with three younger siblings and a working father. As such, she basically serves as head of the household. Seiko seems to regard Naomi as a kindred spirit, and the two of them frequently have long conversations about their many dreams for the future.

Mayu Suzumoto
VA: Yuka Nanri

A 16-year-old student in Kisaragi High class 2-9. Somehow looks much tinier than she actually is, but possesses a big heart and a bright personality. Accepts anyone and everyone with open arms, never playing favorites, which has earned her nearly universal regard amongst her fellow students. Unfortunately, due to familial circumstances, this was Mayu's last day at Kisaragi High. She'll be moving shortly, and transferring to a new school.

Morishige Sakuratou
VA: Tetsuya Kakihara

A 16-year-old student in Kisaragi High class 2-9. He's been in theater club with Mayu since middle school, and developed a real closeness with her. He finds socializing with anyone else to be more trouble than it's worth, however, so he typically regards his other classmates with indifference. Takes great pride in his family heritage, and reacts violently if anyone makes fun of his name. The only exception is the nickname Mayu's given him: "Shig."

Yui Shishido
VA: Miyuki Sawashiro

A 23-year-old 11th grade English teacher at Kisaragi High. Just started this semester after passing her teaching exam, and is eager to make an impression. Although not a perfect instructor by any means, her unjaded zeal and enthusiasm are infectious, and her students seem generally responsive to her methods. Also serves as a teacher's assistant during homeroom for class 2-9, and really seems to have connected with the students there.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

unfair posted:

Thread is live now. Side note: seems like the LPs have slowed down a lot during the Steam sale, which is weird - or maybe it's just a seasonal thing.

It's more of a summer thing. Just speaking from my end, but you get a lot more parties and other obligations with friends during this time. Sorta like the end of the year.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Aside from the video, I'm a little worried that the OP might be too bloated. Should I move the character bios to a second post, or maybe reduce the vertical size of the header images?

Why have character bios at all? Surely we'll learn about the characters in gameplay. Does the game expect us to know them already?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Why have character bios at all? Surely we'll learn about the characters in gameplay. Does the game expect us to know them already?

Near the beginning of chapter 1, the game dumps all this information on you. Reading the bios isn't really required, but the game does expect you to read them. I want all that information to be accessible, but I don't want to just post a video with 10 minutes of silently reading biographies.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

DarkHamsterlord posted:

This is my first attempt at a subtitled LP

Okay, this raises two questions that just confuse me completely right off the bat. Call it whatever you like, but Corpse Party is basically a visual novel at the end of the day. So, why would you do it as a video LP at all and why you do it subtitled if you did? That doesn't strike me as particularly efficient.

bottles and cans
Oct 21, 2010

Dragonatrix posted:

Okay, this raises two questions that just confuse me completely right off the bat. Call it whatever you like, but Corpse Party is basically a visual novel at the end of the day. So, why would you do it as a video LP at all and why you do it subtitled if you did? That doesn't strike me as particularly efficient.

I think he really, really, wants to show off the binaural sound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

The binaural sound's cool and all, but that really, really doesn't justify doing a VLP of a visual novel done in what might as well be RPG Maker. It's slow to play through and is a chore to watch.

• Locked thread