Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

the tempest rotation is very clean and this shouldn't be happening; your lack of parse here makes it hard to find where your mistake is. however, in a single target rotation, you shouldn't be using storm torrent, and you can avoid clipping entirely if you pull it off properly. here's my rotation (i've edited it a little for eu ping):

code:
starting with 3 combat points
(focused fire)
arc - charged pulse + double pulse - flamespear - electricity blast
skyfall
shock pulse - dual pulse
electricity cascade
lightning torrent

arc - charged pulse, double pulse - flamespear - electricity blast
skyfall
shock pulse - dual pulse
electricity cascade
shock pulse 
fiery burst
shock pulse x3 - work in a delayed blast here
everything on the same line can be put into a single macro (in that order, ofc). if you don't have to deal with 150-200 ping, you can use a 2pt fiery burst instead of a 1pt.

e: also make sure you have the right synergy crystal, as it is a big dps gain

I want to go back to this if this guy is reading this. How do you get dual pulse to go off if shock pulse doesn't have a cd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

SlayVus posted:

I want to go back to this if this guy is reading this. How do you get dual pulse to go off if shock pulse doesn't have a cd?

put dual pulse before shock pulse in the macro. i just keep them on separate keys though so i didn't think of that when i wrote it.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

put dual pulse before shock pulse in the macro. i just keep them on separate keys though so i didn't think of that when i wrote it.

I think keeping it separate would be best as using Dual Pulse before Shock Pulse might actually be a DPS drop since Shock Pulse gives a buff when used that increased your damage.

Aryoc
Nov 27, 2006

:black101: Goblin King :black101:
Grimey Drawer
Someone mind inviting me? Names Delarian. Thanks!

Serai
Dec 28, 2009

cams posted:

Playing a Mage for the first time (I only play warfronts) and oh my god, Pyromancer is so much fun. I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

Build? (Also, race? I'm terrible at Rift). After healing up to 40+ in pvp I want to do some burning because poo poo that stuff hurts.

Eltoasto posted:

Summerfest announcement:
http://community.riftgame.com/en/20...summerfest_text

Has some pics of the swimsuits

Gonna look awesome on my female dwarf. Can't wait.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm still trying to get the rotation down on Paragon(I miss my timings on when to switch to certain macros), but is this good DPS? 2602 AP, 1850 PC, 355 Crit Power, 275.5 Weapon DPS, Self buffed.

Vastyr
Jul 23, 2013
Ive been playing for a little while, (level 34, woo!), I'd love to join goonsquad! See you chumps soon!

Dajamyr, 34 rogue thing

HeroComplex
Jan 1, 2005

Why do I keep doing this to myself?
What's the policy involving invites for non-goons? My friends and I have been leveling together in a temporary guild but now we are all 60 and are mostly wearing IS/expert guild. Both of them were also in the goon guilds on the various WoW private servers if it helps at all. I'm hoping for an invite for all three of us. My clerics name is Maxdeacon and I'm usually on if someone wants to message me.

browncoat434
Mar 18, 2011
Looking for invite as Skum.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
nvmd

Draynar fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 23, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

HeroComplex posted:

What's the policy involving invites for non-goons? My friends and I have been leveling together in a temporary guild but now we are all 60 and are mostly wearing IS/expert guild. Both of them were also in the goon guilds on the various WoW private servers if it helps at all. I'm hoping for an invite for all three of us. My clerics name is Maxdeacon and I'm usually on if someone wants to message me.

Friends are fine as long as they are cool with occasional goony behavior.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Eltoasto posted:

Tons of poo poo, too much to just rattle off. What items are you most concerned with?

well first of all how's the goon presence/population on the server? how are clerics doing(melee DPS/farming)? is the game in a good place?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Bob NewSCART posted:

well first of all how's the goon presence/population on the server? how are clerics doing(melee DPS/farming)? is the game in a good place?

It's midnight EST on a Monday and we have 43 people on in guild. Clerics are getting a big rehaul in the next week or two so it's hard to say, they are in a very good heal/tank place right now and DPS should be getting a nice buff. The game was always good, now it has a ton more people in it.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Eltoasto posted:

Friends are fine as long as they are cool with occasional goony behavior.

If they will freak out when asked not to "pop in and chat" in the raiding mumble channel, in the middle of a raid which requires timing, coordination and communication in mumble, please invite them because :laffo:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

mr. nobody posted:

If they will freak out when asked not to "pop in and chat" in the raiding mumble channel, in the middle of a raid which requires timing, coordination and communication in mumble, please invite them because :laffo:

Even better if they stay in there and remind everyone that hey, if anyone drops I'm ready to go. Just saying. Hey did anyone drop? Okay well let me know because I can come in if someone drops.

I call that move "the Unionizer".

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Bob NewSCART posted:

The game is continually improving, there's too many QOL things to list, the Rift Store is great (though they hosed up a bit making it the only shop interface and it doesn't show things like your planarite balance but I think they are working on that?) There's a massive amount of stuff you can buy with credits too, like a cosmetic version of pretty much every armor set pre-SL. Survival, Fishing, Instant Adventures, LFG system that lets you pick tank/healer/DPS/support based on what your current soul selection is capable of. Pretty much every soul has been streamlined and made more fun and less crazy than at release.

That said much of the world is still as dull as ever but you can pretty much skip anywhere that bores you too much.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

mr. nobody posted:

timing, coordination and communication

tdq requires none of these fyi

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah Daglar said they know that a chunk of people hate the new shop interface window and are working on it.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

In general I'd even say if you're required to join voice chat foe TDQ you're in for a trap run.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

KaneTW posted:

In general I'd even say if you're required to join voice chat foe TDQ you're in for a trap run.

Some PUGS don't trust rando's for jultharin and the last boss. Even when I join the pubbie vent I'm normally drunk so I just start screaming at them for their mistakes. It's quite enjoyable if the leader thinks you're funny, especially if you're carrying the entire team in dps.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

can I get an invite on brace?

Digital Spaghetti
Jul 8, 2007
I never gave a reach-around to a spider monkey while reciting the Pledge of Alligence.
Just bought a new PC (been stuck on OSX for a while) and got my account reactivated because it still had the mobile authenticator on it from before. Looking at my transactions the last time I played it was around 2011-7-13 - so it's been just over two years.

Anyway can't wait to get home and jump back in to the game :)

Edit: As such, I'm going to pretty much bet starting from the beginning again with my existing levelled characters - what are some of the first things I should do? Can't remember what level my characters are at though.

Digital Spaghetti fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 23, 2013

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Digital Spaghetti posted:

As such, I'm going to pretty much bet starting from the beginning again with my existing levelled characters - what are some of the first things I should do?
Go into the in-game store (it is the ] button) and collect all daily/weekly/legacy gifts. They're in the top-right corner of the store window.

A124!
Jun 28, 2009
Hi pals can you invite Videogame??

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009
Is the crafted gear referenced on pages 25 and 50 also pretty good for end-game warfronts?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I think you just want PVP everything for warfronts

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
Purifiers: The days of lazy shield spamming are going away. A few juicy tidbits from the PTS that weren't mentioned by kervik completely yet, if at all..

Ability: Firewall -- No cooldown
Inflames -- a talent that allows you to place up to 3 firewalls.

Ability: Cauterizing Wave -- No cooldown AoE Cleanse that removes 1 debuff from 10 players.

Ability: Roaring Flames -- The Flamethrowing Healing torrent like ability, heals for meh, in the full relic t2 gear for testing it was healing for 500-600 a tick, guess its an OK splash, nothing fabulous yet

Obviously these are subject to change, and will go through many iterations before hitting live. I think the mages were worked on since pretty much SL launch to get where we were in this last hotfix. Who knows!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

lsp posted:

Ability: Cauterizing Wave -- No cooldown AoE Cleanse that removes 1 debuff from 10 players.

:what:

Hooray we're now cleansebots, like archons except we'll be able to cleanse on Kyzan!

:saddowns:

Also Firewall already exists with no cooldown and unless they make Purifier doing damage matter to some extent like Warden doing damage does (or make the 61 point Purifier skill matter) any points to put down extra Fire Walls will probably be the first to be ignored.

I'll probably go look at it on the PTS later in the week after doing raids tonight and tomorrow night (maybe) and stuff.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I anxiously await bosses covered in firewalls.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

I anxiously await bosses covered in firewalls.

Why don't you already do this?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

All of those were posted by Kervik. The positional and cone healing abilities are pants on the head retarded, specially since Flame Cascade has a loving travel time.

edit: I do kinda like the overall changes to Puri (stepping away from shieldbotting) and into a reactionary healer. Still, the ridiculously long cast times on anything not a shield on puri are dumb, they should let us move for some of those.

deimos fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 24, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
I've been messing around with my bars tonight in hopes to be able to run BM proficiently in the future. However, I've run into a bit of a deadend. I'm attempting to make a buff bar specifically to monitor the following buff on my pet: http://www.riftscene.com/database/abilities/Fierce-Wounds/. The problem is that I cannot seem to get the proc to show up when I'm checking for the following:

Does anyone have any clue what options I need to be checking for so that I can be tracking this buff?

Latroc
Mar 22, 2004
Repent!

Latroc fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 24, 2013

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Are you sure the buff that appears on your pet is actually titled "Fierce Wounds" ?

I've seen talents like that where the buff triggered doesn't match the talent name.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Magus42 posted:

Are you sure the buff that appears on your pet is actually titled "Fierce Wounds" ?

I've seen talents like that where the buff triggered doesn't match the talent name.

That could be the issue. Hoom (also known as hoom ownz) told me to try using the ability that triggers the buff so I'll give that a shot and see how it works.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kreczor posted:

That could be the issue. Hoom (also known as hoom ownz) told me to try using the ability that triggers the buff so I'll give that a shot and see how it works.
The talent is Fierce Wounds, but it applies the buff Fierce Strike which I was trying to convey in game.

It's true though, I do own.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

deadtear posted:

The talent is Fierce Wounds, but it applies the buff Fierce Strike which I was trying to convey in game.

It's true though, I do own.

Worked like a charm! Thanks.

not0rious
Mar 5, 2011
Warrior named Bizzul, would like an invite.

Tombstone Monarch
Dec 21, 2006

Here comes the pay!
Are the fireworks still dropping from rifts? I can't find any sort of mentioned deadline for when they were going to stop that event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
:allears: Purifier soul is the one i secretly wanted to be, but always found it wanting. If they turn it into a pseudo dps/healing/support soul (like defiler) involving setting everything aflame to get the job done, I might just have to go back to being a cleric.

• Locked thread