Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

Hey Tony any chance you can get a deal on Singularity going? I find 30 dollars for a 3 year old game insane when the console version is going for 10 new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Is there a way to use GOONCAVE for more than one thing? When I try to buy a game, it just makes me put in my payment info. There's no 'basket' or whatever.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Is there a way to use GOONCAVE for more than one thing? When I try to buy a game, it just makes me put in my payment info. There's no 'basket' or whatever.

Digital items can only be bought one at a time.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Far Cry 3 for 20 bucks with gooncave owns. Best deal ever.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

cheezit posted:

Digital items can only be bought one at a time.

And GOONCAVE can only be used once, right?

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

And GOONCAVE can only be used once, right?

Correct sir!

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.
Hey Goons,

Anyone here interested in XCOM? I'm working with 2K to get Q&A's set up about the game for those interested.

The first one is titled:

The Music and Art of the Bureau

So if you have any questions related to The Music and Art of the Bureau, post them here, I'll get them to the people at 2K making the game, and get answers back up when we get them.

I created a new thread for this by accident but just closed it, sorry about that.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I would like to know how many time they had to redesign the aliens through the development of the game and maybe show some of the design that got discarded.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Interested on the weapons. I'd like to see the concept art of them, like tommy guns and Ithaca model 37 crossed with alien technology.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Why is Saint's Row IV 10 bucks more on Amazon than on Steam?

workingdogv1
Jul 10, 2001

:catdrugs:

AmazonTony posted:

Hey Goons,

Anyone here interested in XCOM? I'm working with 2K to get Q&A's set up about the game for those interested.

The first one is titled:

The Music and Art of the Bureau

So if you have any questions related to The Music and Art of the Bureau, post them here, I'll get them to the people at 2K making the game, and get answers back up when we get them.

I created a new thread for this by accident but just closed it, sorry about that.

I'm actually curious about the music. I really enjoyed the music on Enemy Unknown, so a few questions:

1. Will the music in the new game be created by the same composer?
2. Are they trying to maintain similar themes (Enemy Unknown had a very high-tech feel)?
3. Have they had to make adjustments for the change in era?

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Why is Saint's Row IV 10 bucks more on Amazon than on Steam?

Are you looking at the console version?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Not_Log posted:

Are you looking at the console version?

I meant the PC version: http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-On...row+iv+download

Seems the physical one is the same price as on Steam tho, which I imagine is what you're getting at.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

I was waiting for Metro Last Light to get price matched on Amazon to use gooncave, bought it just now but now Steam tells me this:

That is the "Activate a product on Steam" box, not the store.

I am in Germany but the game isn't even censored here so I don't understand what the problem is. This is the first time I couldn't activate a product key on Steam.

Any ideas?

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Enabled my MLL key through a VPN, so no more problem there.

Tony, your DRM-free version of Rogue Legacy is discounted 20% but the Steam one isn't, any chance you could put the discount on the Steam version too?

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

I know this is a bit last-minute, but any chance of Amazon matching Steam's 25% off of Magrunner? It's been at that price all sale; not a flash deal.

e: Or Sang-Froid for that matter?

Lock fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 21, 2013

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Why is Assassin's Creed 3 $41 for the steam copy, but the pc one is $19.99?

Can you fix that tony?

Also any way to get Dishonored steam?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dishonored is Steamworks.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

epitasis posted:

Dishonored is Steamworks.

There's no PC Download for it that I can find.

vvv :negative:

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 22, 2013

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

There's no PC Download for it that I can find.

There are no Bethesda games on Amazon for download.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:eng101: Every copy of Dishonored is a download copy.

But really, I got a physical copy around here somewhere and I can't recall but there may not even be a disc in it.

SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

ANGRY WASHING duh-duh duh-duh duh-DUH!
Bought a bundle on the 13th, received a Maw promo key but not Ticket to Ride or Drip Drip. I've contacted support twice and someone on a technical team is supposed to be looking into it. Is it normally this complicated to trigger promo codes when they don't pop? Whoever helped me before with the Garshasp incident got it fixed up right away.

I don't mean to be impatient but I just want to get this resolved before too much time elapses and the promo codes expire or something :(.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

SassyRobot posted:

Bought a bundle on the 13th, received a Maw promo key but not Ticket to Ride or Drip Drip. I've contacted support twice and someone on a technical team is supposed to be looking into it. Is it normally this complicated to trigger promo codes when they don't pop? Whoever helped me before with the Garshasp incident got it fixed up right away.

I don't mean to be impatient but I just want to get this resolved before too much time elapses and the promo codes expire or something :(.

The promo code lasts for a year so no worries about it expiring.

Can you PM me on reddit (I'm Tvacgamer there) and I'll get you sorted myself?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I tried pming you about price matching for the AC3 game but seems you didn't see it or didn't get it in time. Ah well. I'll just wait for it to drop later on.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I tried pming you about price matching for the AC3 game but seems you didn't see it or didn't get it in time. Ah well. I'll just wait for it to drop later on.

I saw it and put the PM in place, I apologize if you missed it, I didn't have time to respond to all the PMs about PMs.

Edit: Also, Gooncave is dead, thanks for helping me come up with the name guys! Also, tomorrow we'll have this bundle for $9.99:

http://www.amazon.com/video-games/dp/B009YLKBQY?tag=somethingawfu-20

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

AmazonTony posted:

Edit: Also, Gooncave is dead, thanks for helping me come up with the name guys! Also, tomorrow we'll have this bundle for $9.99:

I'm sad to find out we finally know the expiration time for the gooncave code. After it's expired. :saddowns:

But I am happy to find out that I can finally buy Amalur and retire its eternal spot on my wishlist. :toot:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

AmazonTony posted:

I saw it and put the PM in place, I apologize if you missed it, I didn't have time to respond to all the PMs about PMs.

Is this the Steam version you been fighting to get or the old Origin release?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Rirse posted:

Says DRM: Origin on the page and customer reviews also say it doesn't activate on Steam. Looks like we're out of luck on this one.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Rirse posted:

Origin release :(, I still haven't ever heard back on the Steam version after the initial conversation.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Hey guys, heads up.

We just launched The Bureau: XCOM Declassified preorders and I don't think I mentioned the Final Fantasy offer in here.

1. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - 10% off + $10 Amazon.com credit (excludes 2K pre-orders + 30 days post launch) + DLC

2. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn + $5 Amazon.com Credit (no exclusions)

SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

ANGRY WASHING duh-duh duh-duh duh-DUH!

AmazonTony posted:

Can you PM me on reddit (I'm Tvacgamer there) and I'll get you sorted myself?

Good to know that I should be able to get the codes eventually :toot:. Nobody's gotten back to me since the last time I jabbed 'em with a stick. Chat is usually super helpful but it's not presented an option for downloaded stuff. If email support doesn't fix it maybe support over the phone will. I haven't tried it before and hope it's not heavily automated. Digitized voice indexes are fine but I hate trying to work with machines pretending to be people. Stop apologizing, you insincere soulless robot, I know you don't mean it.

Thanks for offering to fix it yourself but I don't use reddit and someone else with support will get this sorted, if only to stop the inquiries. I'll get those digital trains sooner or later.

The independent game shop is a great source for bundles and I still think it's been worthwhile even with the minor bugs revolving around the promotional titles. I prefer issues with the 'free' games than the purchases themselves :3:.

Edit: Everything's fixed and I've got my trains. Awesome :toot:!

SassyRobot fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 24, 2013

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys, heads up.

We just launched The Bureau: XCOM Declassified preorders ...

1. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - 10% off + $10 Amazon.com credit (excludes 2K pre-orders + 30 days post launch) + DLC

I most heartily apologize if this is a stupid question, but this amazon credit won't expire, will it?

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Drifter posted:

I most heartily apologize if this is a stupid question, but this amazon credit won't expire, will it?

On my Amazon credit page, it tells me it will never expire. Got it outside of this promo but guessing it's the same.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Drifter posted:

It does, but not for 12 months.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey Tony, any word on a deal for Civilization V with all of its expansions and DLC within the next month or so? I really want to give it a go, but the next time I know it'll be on sale anywhere is the Steam Christmas sale. Without a sale everything bundled together is like $100. :v:

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Blast of Confetti posted:

Hey Tony, any word on a deal for Civilization V with all of its expansions and DLC within the next month or so? I really want to give it a go, but the next time I know it'll be on sale anywhere is the Steam Christmas sale. Without a sale everything bundled together is like $100. :v:

I'll pitch something to my guy at 2k soon. We just had the Firaxis pack with all the Civ V content minus Brave New World, All Civ IV content and XCOM Enemy Unknown for $19.99, we'll probably do that again in the near future.

Also, we just launched our new deal of the week:

Buy Saints Row The Third Full Package for $12.49 (75% off) and get a $5 credit towards the preorder of Saints Row IV.

We also have the Need for Speed Most Wanted DLC Bundle on sale for $15 this week.

AmazonTony fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 25, 2013

calhoun
Feb 8, 2004

I am the scary clown with the tearaway face
Will Amazon price match the Steam midweek madness deal for Zeno Clash and Zeno Clash 2?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Hey guys,

We currently have the Bioshock Triple Pack for $34.99, just a heads up.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

calhoun posted:

Will Amazon price match the Steam midweek madness deal for Zeno Clash and Zeno Clash 2?

Doing it now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Why's Cladun X2 unavailable? Please get that back and maybe Clan of Champions too and teach NIS how sexy sales can be, thank you.

• Locked thread