Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I kinda wanna buy it now just for the Feeny look alike factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Djarum posted:

That Stan Lee figure looks more like Mr. Feeny than Stan Lee.

Finally I can finish my Knight Rider customs.

True Fact: Mr. Feeny is Kitt

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
For those of you who collect them, Kotobukiya will be making a Luke and Leia, and Han and Chewie 2-packs ARTFX+ statues. I own their Vaders, Fetts and Stormtroopers, and all of them are top notch.

Also, wave 2 for Hasbro's 6" black series was announced, it will feature Han, Leia(slave) and Boba Fett. I'm really wondering how easy these will be to find at retail.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Jace Madan posted:

Also, wave 2 for Hasbro's 6" black series was announced, it will feature Han, Leia(slave) and Boba Fett. I'm really wondering how easy these will be to find at retail.

The first wave will be everywhere, everything after that will be near impossible to get.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Fish Of Doom posted:

The first wave will be everywhere, everything after that will be near impossible to get.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I'll just stick with the ARTFX+ statues as my large-scale star wars figures.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Rage posted:

Haha, when Stan reads this he's gonna poo poo at how good that :iceburn: is.

You tried to call me out for making a failed :iceburn: by trying to :iceburn: me yet your :iceburn: is much much worse than my silly joke. Baby you cray cray.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Anybody have the means to hook me up with the new Legends Jim Lee Jean Grey? The one on eBay I tried to bid on went for $63 and I have a feeling they're gonna be impossible to find. :(

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Anybody have the means to hook me up with the new Legends Jim Lee Jean Grey? The one on eBay I tried to bid on went for $63 and I have a feeling they're gonna be impossible to find. :(

I've been looking at all the stores I go in, since the last time you said you were looking for one. Just by chance if one pops up, nothing but Kangs and Constrictors:(

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

DrChud posted:

I've been looking at all the stores I go in, since the last time you said you were looking for one. Just by chance if one pops up, nothing but Kangs and Constrictors:(

Technically that wave isn't out until February but people are buying cases from random places. I have a feeling Jean is gonna be a scalper's wet dream.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
I just picked up the Batman Medicom Dark Knight Rises toy at the local comic shop for $40.. and HOO BOY.

It is nice. Full Review Here

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Louisgod posted:

I realize that kind words aren't much compared to toys but I too have been looking. I'm headed to a really rural area in a few weeks where they keep stocking MLs that no one buys. I snagged an Archangel there once because it just sat there for two weeks straight. So hopefully you'll have more than you can deal with by mid-August.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.

Sanschel posted:

Four Horsemen's Raven Kickstarter is finally live

Minotaur the Duck will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

Oh god I want every single one of these.

Now to figure out a way of justifying to myself spending hundreds of dollars on bird toys. Even really ridiculously nice bird toys. :negative:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Gonna second this. Is the figure allegedly out at retail now?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

DressCodeBlue posted:

Oh god I want every single one of these.

Now to figure out a way of justifying to myself spending hundreds of dollars on bird toys. Even really ridiculously nice bird toys. :negative:

If it sways your opinion any, since they've so far achieved all but the two wing stretch goals they'll be including a pair of webbed duck feet wih every Minotaur and are trying to figure out how to get a tattered American flag cape to work on the eagle. A lot of people online have been tweeting Stephen Colbert about the eagle figure, too, since a screaming bird warrior cloaked in an American flag wielding golden weapons is dripping the ridiculous over zealous patriotism he's made a brand of.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So my buddy found the Ray Stantz and Egon Spengler 12" Ghostbusters 2 pack from MattyCollector at Big Lots tonight, I went and checked my local one and found the same 2 Pack, and a bunch of MOTUC figures like Megator, Orko, and the Skeletor vs. Molarr pack. GB 2 Pack was $30, and each of the MOTUC figures were $10 each. Just thought I'd pass this along cause I couldn't believe it. No sign of the Peter Venkman and Winston Zeddemore pack at either Big Lots.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The Rage posted:

So my buddy found the Ray Stantz and Egon Spengler 12" Ghostbusters 2 pack from MattyCollector at Big Lots tonight, I went and checked my local one and found the same 2 Pack, and a bunch of MOTUC figures like Megator, Orko, and the Skeletor vs. Molarr pack. GB 2 Pack was $30, and each of the MOTUC figures were $10 each. Just thought I'd pass this along cause I couldn't believe it. No sign of the Peter Venkman and Winston Zeddemore pack at either Big Lots.

Matty is the worst. They only sell a percentage of their stock at the sales on the 15th so they can later come back and say "oh hey, look how we found this extra stock" and drive up demand again. When this tactic doesn't work, poo poo ends up at like big lots.

Good score though, that's pretty awesome.

I spent way too much money on Play Arts figures at SDCC. None of the exclusives but I was really digging the dynamic posing you can do that they had in the displays. Ended up with Lara Croft (from the new Tomb Raider), Arkham City Harley and Poison Ivy and DKR Selina Kyle.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

RevKrule posted:

Matty is the worst. They only sell a percentage of their stock at the sales on the 15th so they can later come back and say "oh hey, look how we found this extra stock" and drive up demand again. When this tactic doesn't work, poo poo ends up at like big lots..

Absolutely. They have PKE meters for sale once again having previously sold out many times before for 'absolutely the last we have of these'.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.

Sanschel posted:

If it sways your opinion any, since they've so far achieved all but the two wing stretch goals they'll be including a pair of webbed duck feet wih every Minotaur and are trying to figure out how to get a tattered American flag cape to work on the eagle. A lot of people online have been tweeting Stephen Colbert about the eagle figure, too, since a screaming bird warrior cloaked in an American flag wielding golden weapons is dripping the ridiculous over zealous patriotism he's made a brand of.

:stare: Sold on duck feet. Need to narrow down which to get, though. The hardest decision of my life.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I got the Vulture and "America gently caress Yeah!" Eagle.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The Rage posted:

Thanks for the tip, snag a Orko w/Prince Adam and Man-E-Faces at my Big Lots. They had quite a few different MOTU, but no Ghostbusters sadly. My plans for tomorrow is to drive to ever Big Lots I can find

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

DrChud posted:

Thanks for the tip, snag a Orko w/Prince Adam and Man-E-Faces at my Big Lots. They had quite a few different MOTU, but no Ghostbusters sadly. My plans for tomorrow is to drive to ever Big Lots I can find

Nice! Glad to help!

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

The Rage posted:

Nice! Glad to help!

I went and checked mine, alas, nothing.

Closet Cyborg
Jan 1, 2008
Our love will rust this world
http://comicsalliance.com/square-enix-dc-comics-variant-play-arts-kai-superman-supergirl-aquaman-action-figures/
So Squeenix showed off the rest of their reimagined DC line. Batgirl, Superman, Supergirl, Flash, and Aquaman. I'm really digging the designs on these (bishonen Hal :swoon:), but it would have been cool if they mixed up the anime archetypes and made a grizzled Yagyu Jubei-esque version of hook-and-beard 90s Aquaman. Not too sure about the red Batman variant at the bottom of the page, though.

I Really wish they'd do more Play Arts Kai Revengeance figures, at least Blade Wolf and Mistral.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

RevKrule posted:

Matty is the worst. They only sell a percentage of their stock at the sales on the 15th so they can later come back and say "oh hey, look how we found this extra stock" and drive up demand again. When this tactic doesn't work, poo poo ends up at like big lots.

Good score though, that's pretty awesome.

I spent way too much money on Play Arts figures at SDCC. None of the exclusives but I was really digging the dynamic posing you can do that they had in the displays. Ended up with Lara Croft (from the new Tomb Raider), Arkham City Harley and Poison Ivy and DKR Selina Kyle.
I just got that Poison Ivy as well, that figure came out WAY better than I expected it to.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Closet Cyborg posted:

http://comicsalliance.com/square-enix-dc-comics-variant-play-arts-kai-superman-supergirl-aquaman-action-figures/
So Squeenix showed off the rest of their reimagined DC line. Batgirl, Superman, Supergirl, Flash, and Aquaman. I'm really digging the designs on these (bishonen Hal :swoon:), but it would have been cool if they mixed up the anime archetypes and made a grizzled Yagyu Jubei-esque version of hook-and-beard 90s Aquaman. Not too sure about the red Batman variant at the bottom of the page, though.

I Really wish they'd do more Play Arts Kai Revengeance figures, at least Blade Wolf and Mistral.

I love the KRAASH! accesory of Superman :haw:

Outside of the armor making them looking more like robots and the 'bishonen' faces the line looks alright, however the line had a lot QA issues hopefully they fixed that by now.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Probably one the craziest loving thing I've seen out of SDCC. It's like they took the heroes and designed them anime style.... then took that design and made it american movie style... and then took THAT design and made it anime :psyduck:

Batgirl actually looks pretty cool and Red Batman (Earth 2?) is nice, so if I get any it'd be those

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Those Squeenix DC figures look pretty neat!

Reminds me that I wish I could find some Final Fantasy characters on the cheap, but alas.

Ninjajebus
Jan 19, 2005
I'd check your Boba Fetts if any of you happened to get one. My friend checked his yesterday and it was an entirely empty box. We got ours on the floor on Thursday, at the 12:00pm slot. Either an employee in the back swiped one, or he somehow got the display box.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Went and checked my Big Lots again today, found a whole mess of MOTUC figures, Chief Carnivus, Catra, Sy-Klone, The Faceless One, Icarius, Adora, and Clawful. So they're still coming, keep checking your Big Lots.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The Rage posted:

Went and checked my Big Lots again today, found a whole mess of MOTUC figures, Chief Carnivus, Catra, Sy-Klone, The Faceless One, Icarius, Adora, and Clawful. So they're still coming, keep checking your Big Lots.

From what I read off a He-man board, this is the list of confirmed ones people have seen.

Adora
Battleground Teela
Chief Carnivus
Catra
Clawful
Count Marzo
Faceless One
Icarius
King Grayskull
Leech
Man-E-Faces
Megator
Mo-Larr/Skeletor
Moss Man
Orko with Prince Adam - both standard and color changing versions, color changing being rarer
Snout Spout
Sy-Klone
Thunder Punch He-Man

Roboto is rumored to be floating around also. I hope it's true, I'm looking for him and Snout Spout since they were two of favorite figures as a kid. Also hoping that maybe Trapjaw or Mer-man will pop up.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

tru has their dc/motu two packs for 25 dollars if you haven't gotten the differently colored mer-man.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11015025&prodFindSrc=search
gonna go check big lots again.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I should check biglots too. I still need Grayskullman, Zodac, and the first King Randor(the one that resembles the original action figure not the Filmation one).

10 dollars though at a discount outlet, they're still pulling a profit. Which probably means the exact cost per figure is around 3-5 dollars. It also means that "we can never sell them at a store" is complete bullshit.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, Mattel is stupid. They just want people locked into subscriptions so they screwed themselves with their fake scarcity. The greed and idiocy of this company is astounding.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Haha, Matty Collector posted a response on their forum to complaints about the He-Man and ghostbusters subs. An excerpt:

Matty Collector posted:

It really shouldn't matter which figures we are doing, the type of customer needed to keep the line going, the customer that is the life blood of these lines is the type of MOTU (or DC) customer who wants anyone no matter what. In today's market we just can't build a line around cherry pickers.

Heh, you nerds will loving buy ANYTHING :smug:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I do love MOTU so I will buy anything, but I'm certainly not going to campaign for them or give a poo poo about their "THE LINE IS DYING THIS IS NOT A SCARE TACTIC" campaign.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I was utterly dumbfounded when this year they decided that the Matty sub people would get a day advance for pre-ordering from the SDCC exclusives. I was even more astounded when they decided to let two loving items just sell out before gen pop even had a chance at them. And even worse, their limits make it obvious they aren't catering to collectors, they're catering to resellers (really? who the gently caress need SIX loving copies of a toy)?

Hasbro may have an awful supply chain and love to create artificial chase figures but I feel they don't try and pull half the poo poo that Matty does.

In other news, I got my charge notification for Selina Kyle from DKR. I've had a lonely Batpod waiting for her for like 9 months.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Wait the rocklords sold out? I was hoping to get them on 8/5 with the Comic Con most wanted sale.

You may gently caress with a man's Strobo, but never gently caress with a man's Rocklords.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

The Rage posted:

ugh. I feel dirty every time I go to big lots, and again, nothing doing.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bushifox posted:

ugh. I feel dirty every time I go to big lots, and again, nothing doing.

I have spare Megators and Sy-Klones if you want them. I'd be happy to do cost+shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
After trying a few stores, I finally got lucky at a Big Lots in the middle of Bumfuck, Maryland - I got myself Moss Man, Catra, Man-E-Faces, and Adora. They had (and I passed on) Faceless One, Count Marzo, and Grizzlor.