Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
best part about that ubuntu phone is that it's on indiegogo, which means they keep however many million they make, right? so gently caress it, shoot for $70m, even if you miss you land in money swimming pool range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Vicas posted:

best part about that ubuntu phone is that it's on indiegogo, which means they keep however many million they make, right? so gently caress it, shoot for $70m, even if you miss you land in money swimming pool range

nah it is ~fixed funding~ not ~flexible funding~

it's probably on indiegogo because kickstarter doesn't allow projects that are just hardware preorders anymore, while indiegogo is desperate for whatever it can get

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Werthog 95 posted:

there aren't really that many complete loving idiots out there, right?

we're going to find out

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Sagebrush posted:

idgi. is that just a vaguely racist statement that is only cause ubuntu is a bantu word or was mandela actually somehow associated with the project?

mandela is the reason anyone the weirdo germans who developed it even know the word unbuntu

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
they were going to call it ACHTUNG SPITFIRE

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
they were also considering naming it after hendrik verwoerd but dodged a bullet there

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Werthog 95 posted:

there aren't really that many complete loving idiots out there, right?

there's one born every minute

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

This does look like The Gimp, could have at least be running Photoshop on Ubuntu, even Google can manage that.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
how did shuttlecock even end up in charge of ubuintu anyhow

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

chumpchous posted:

how did shuttlecock even end up in charge of ubuintu anyhow

he sold thawte for half bil then needed rich people projects to do

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
WHY DOES THIS loving UBUNTU PHONE HAVE $3m WORTH OF BACKING SO FAR FOR A loving TERRIBLE PHONE

GOOD LUCK GETTING THE loving AUDIO DRIVERS TO WORK ON IT YOU DUMB FUCKS

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hey, you know what will make the worlds most worthless operating system better?

Let's make it into a gooddamn loving phone, because they're popular (and because you can't dual boot into Linux on one at the moment because why the gently caress would you)

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
20134 is the year of Linux on the smartphone

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Et tu, Linus?

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

haha, if that thing ever actually exists it's gonna make android look positively amazing in comparison

this thing is designed by the people who literally couldn't understand why unity was terrible

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Migishu posted:

Let's make it into a gooddamn loving phone, because they're popular (and because you can't dual boot into Linux on one at the moment because why the gently caress would you)

eh, it worked for windows 8

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
but guys how many times have you sat down with your phoen adn thought goddamn i really wish i could plug this thing into a monitor with a full desktop environment

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

year of Linux on the desktop under a pile of late payment notices

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
i bet its hundreds nay thousands of times

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
also 3 people have already pledged ten thousand human earth dollars each for one goddamn ubunti phone what the hell

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
few pages since soulja boy chat, but soulja boy owns he's just some dude that struck it big. Iirc he used to post on newgrounds

Vvvv if anyone helped him with his website they might be rich now

lol i just noticed he posted in 2012 so he must still browse

jfc http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-rappers/soulja-boy-net-worth/

Oppenheimer fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jul 23, 2013

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

haha
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/search/author/SouljaBoy

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

wow he's like not a shithead at all

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

swag

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Migishu posted:

dual boot between ubuntu and windows phone the worst of all worlds

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
no guys, see, if you plug the phone into an hdmi out it becomes a full computer! this is the future

*ignores every fuckin garbage phone manufacturer that tried this over the last few years and miserably failed*

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
the dual boot thing puzzles the gently caress out of me. if you boot it into umbuntu, and someone phones you, what happens? if the phone rings and you can answer it, what's the point of the angroid? if the phone DOESN'T ring, what is the point of the umbuntu?
:confused:

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
also, with the dual boot thing, ASSUMING that both os supports phone functionality, you've effectively got two different phones, but only one of them exists at any one time. presumably they are set up differently, otherwise what's the point? you want to play anger birds, but oh no, you can't do that on limux, one sec i have to boot to android. hhheheheh i'll call chuck to tell him about my new phone! oh what's his number? shucks he's not in THIS contact list, he's in the OTHER one. just a sec gotta reboot

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

why do you hate freedom dr honked

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Honked posted:

also, with the dual boot thing, ASSUMING that both os supports phone functionality, you've effectively got two different phones, but only one of them exists at any one time. presumably they are set up differently, otherwise what's the point? you want to play anger birds, but oh no, you can't do that on limux, one sec i have to boot to android. hhheheheh i'll call chuck to tell him about my new phone! oh what's his number? shucks he's not in THIS contact list, he's in the OTHER one. just a sec gotta reboot

because nobody would ever call anybody who would spend nearly $900 on an Ubuntu phone

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
one day there will be phone-to-desktop systems that are worth using but it's not going to be until well after stockholders shred the desktop pc market (re: what's happening with dell right now)

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

NTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
hey baby, no i'm not happy to see you, i'm happy because I got a portable phone with LINUX ON IT HAVE YOU HEARD HOW AMAZING THIS poo poo IS loving YOLO SWAG 420 BITCH

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

I bet the dock isn't even included in the $900 package

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

they were also considering naming it after hendrik verwoerd but dodged a bullet there

quote:

H. F. Verwoerd Academic Hospital in Pretoria, now Steve Biko Hospital,

hahahahaha, should have done that with every single thing named after him, and maybe named some poo poo after the guy that stabbed the racist old gently caress too

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You know what other phone did the computer docking thing? You know what other phone failed?

That's right, the motorola atrix

I can't wait for this concept to fail spectacularly so cheap poo poo gets put onto the market quick for modding projects

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
modding projects are really the only useful thing to come out of any hardware kickstarter

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

chumpchous posted:

wow he's like not a shithead at all

he wanted someone to help build his website and he... offered to pay them :monocle:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

one of my friends is already posting about the utnuduphone :cripes: same guy who thought ouya was a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
keep fuckin' that chicken

• Locked thread