Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
creatine
Jan 27, 2012

how the gently caress does the ubuntu phone plan to operate when i cant even get ubuntu to use wifi correctly in tyool 2013

this will be the first phone that cant receive/send calls/texts/data

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Radio Paranoia posted:

one of my friends is already posting about the utnuduphone :cripes: same guy who thought ouya was a good idea

man can't wait to hear about this guy shouting 'open sored again!!!!!!!'

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Heresiarch posted:

one day there will be phone-to-desktop systems that are worth using but it's not going to be until well after stockholders shred the desktop pc market (re: what's happening with dell right now)

i don't think it will ever happen because why not just buy a cheap mini-desktop and wireless sync your files

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

is there a statistic for the proportion of people who support ouya and other stupid devices and those who actually buy them?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
is it more stupid to buy a dumb gadget or to donate less money but without even getting an actual hardware?

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

creatine posted:

how the gently caress does the ubuntu phone plan to operate when i cant even get ubuntu to use wifi correctly in tyool 2013

this will be the first phone that cant receive/send calls/texts/data

pfffttt getting the wifi to work on the unbuntu telephone is easy. even a simpleton can do it. you simply gksu gedit /etc/rc.local and fix it in there. if that doesn't work, you might need to sudo apt-get install wireless-tools hwinfo and then iwconfig and then hwinfo --netcard. using the info you get from that, it's a simple step to edit /etc/network/interfaces to add the appropriate information. then simply sudo rmod and sudo modprobe. then reboot. it's obvious. you must be stupid or something.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Dr. Honked posted:

pfffttt getting the wifi to work on the unbuntu telephone is easy. even a simpleton can do it. you simply gksu gedit /etc/rc.local and fix it in there. if that doesn't work, you might need to sudo apt-get install wireless-tools hwinfo and then iwconfig and then hwinfo --netcard. using the info you get from that, it's a simple step to edit /etc/network/interfaces to add the appropriate information. then simply sudo rmod and sudo modprobe. then reboot. it's obvious. you must be stupid or something.

cant wait to type that out on a lovely touch keyboard

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
SEAMLESS USER EXPERIENCE

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

creatine posted:

cant wait to type that out on a lovely touch keyboard

i'd love to see a phone that just boots into a terminal session
e: no i wouldn't

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
ubuntu phone - for all those times you've gone up to a monitor and said wow i wish i had a linux machine to plug into this

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Ok, time to get away from UBUNTUMANIA for a few, maybe this'll make me calm the gently caress down over a lovely project getting a fuckton of money because CONSUMERISM

anyway

You know what people like spending money on? The new "organic" fad. Ever wanted to drink something that was organic? Well, look no further than drinking some ORGANIC WATER :what:

Ever wonder why electrical outlets (in the US) look so surprised? IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE HAVING SEX LOL SO WACKY

Not necessarily awful but this guy created an album while he was having brain surgery. That's kinda bad rear end.

You know what we need? More people spergin over a 20 year old video game. You know what else we need? Sperglords creating a fan made TV series based around said 20 year old video game

Also I'm pretty sure this breaks the ToS for kickstarter.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Migishu posted:

Ever wonder why electrical outlets (in the US) look so surprised? IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE HAVING SEX LOL SO WACKY

$19,292 US EARTH DOLLAR FOR A $0.30 PIECE OF loving PLASTIC

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Migishu posted:

You know what people like spending money on? The new "organic" fad. Ever wanted to drink something that was organic? Well, look no further than drinking some ORGANIC WATER :what:

water distilled from fruit juice

it's either a bad scam or the most blatantly wasteful luxury bullshit ever

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Migishu posted:

oh boy more products thought up by cast members of bravo reality shows. we can chalk this one up alongside blk. and diamond water

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Radio Paranoia posted:

one of my friends is already posting about the utnuduphone :cripes:

yep. this person had the atrix and webtopdock and cursed its existence. SURELY THIS WILL BE BETTER

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

im the white people

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

would

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/07/23/5588170/koa-organic-beverages-launches.html

quote:

Millions of people around the world struggle to have access to clean, healthy sources of hydration. Koa Organic Beverages has created a revolutionary approach to obtaining pure and fresh hydration, by utilizing a vast, untapped reserve that has been historically overlooked: vegetation. Koa is 100% plant based, purified by nature and squeezed from fresh fruits and vegetables.

quote:

Koa is sold at luxury lifestyle locations such as boutique hotels, day spas, and premium yoga and pilates studios. Koa retails for $4.99 a bottle and the company offers a limited edition 15-bottle case, available only online, for $59.99.

:cawg:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Migishu posted:

wow those fuckers have the nerve to market this as more sustainable than regular bottled water because it "does not deplete the earth's natural water resources"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i don't think anything could better encapsulate the natural foods movement

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Diamond Water posted:

It was not enough to have one of the highest alkaline waters on the market. The partnership of the precious diamond enhanced water and the extensive filtration process makes Diamond Water unique.

clorox has been selling an even higher-alkaline beverage for years now, and the people who buy Diamond Water definitely need to start chugging some of that instead

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Cream_Filling posted:

water distilled from fruit juice

it's either a bad scam or the most blatantly wasteful luxury bullshit ever

and its genius.

a lot of fruit juice is concentrated anyway by removing the water, stored in freezers for literally years then reconsititued later. might aswell sell that waste water to rubes

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

wow those fuckers have the nerve to market this as more sustainable than regular bottled water because it "does not deplete the earth's natural water resources"

the only way that this could possibly be justified, would be if they were processing waste fruit/veg slurry using surplus heat/energy from another process

the marketing would be tricky but it's been done plenty of times, people have no problems eating meat slurry, so why not drink the pure water produced by evaporation from mouldy old veg?

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

and its genius.

a lot of fruit juice is concentrated anyway by removing the water, stored in freezers for literally years then reconsititued later. might aswell sell that waste water to rubes

ah yes, this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh good, blk. donates to a autism is caused by vaccines "charity"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Generation Rescue is the leading national organization that provides hope, information and immediate treatment assistance to families affected by autism spectrum disorders. In an effort to help this great organization improve the quality of life for those affected by autism, blk. will donate a portion of every bottle sold in 2013.

save children from autism by letting them die of preventable diseases in childhood

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
at least the babby you made all retarded from getting its shots can't bring home whooping cough to kill your healthy unvaxxed kids

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

at least the babby you made all retarded from getting its shots can't bring home whooping cough to kill your healthy unvaxxed kids

if you think mmr gives your kids autism then the retarded babby is u

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
no vaccines are just a conspiracy by doctors to get your money wake up sheeple

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i got to laugh at a friend's husband the other day who busted that one out on me

once we were done laughing right into his face he got explained to that vaccines and 1st line antibiotics are both things the government forces pharma corps to produce in minimum quantities because they wouldn't otherwise due to no profitability

he was so mad and just doubled down and ruined the rest of dinner

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

i used to know a guy who said that doctors were all in league to give you vaccinations to make you addicted to going to doctors and keeping big pharma in money

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

i kinda lost it at him cos my dads a doctor and idk why he decided to be a doctor but hes a nice guy and genuinely wants to help people receive care and isnt involved in a global conspiracy to poison us all and so i kinda ripped into the guy a bit and never spoke to him again

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
heh thats what your dad wants you to think but hes actually in league with the zionist lizard men illuminati which are bent on eradicating the human race through sterilization via vaccinations mainstream medical "science" is all a scam intended to make u weak the only real medicine is mother earth gaia's herbal remedies in pill form *stuffs a handful of over priced vitamin pills into his face*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gnc sprang fully formed from nature's womb

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
gf's in med school so she was livid at this guy

also his wife is in a phd program for geology and they have a 1 year old so he basically made the whole room mad at him (he's a server at a fine dining restaurant with only a ged)

my friend calmed down a lot once my gf explained to her that you only need the consent of one parent to get things like shots and other stuff that's obviously in the child's interest

i honestly don't know how that topic never came up before they got married and had a kid but you definitely hafta lack self awareness if you're gonna start that argument with your scientist wife as a goddamn waiter

but after we left we both agreed that that's a perfectly divorceable position to take because jfc

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Crasscrab posted:

heh thats what your dad wants you to think but hes actually in league with the zionist lizard men illuminati which are bent on eradicating the human race through sterilization via vaccinations mainstream medical "science" is all a scam intended to make u weak the only real medicine is mother earth gaia's herbal remedies in pill form *stuffs a handful of over priced vitamin pills into his face*

i later learned that this guy was trying to sell a homoeopathic mixture which he said would cure cancer because it had cured his athletes foot

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
homeopathy is covered by the uk's nhs because one of the guys who's in charge of that stuff is a homeopath

whenever i hear stuff like that i wonder how hard it is to break into the magic water biz

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

i was trying to find the article about that homeopathic 'doctor' who killed a small child because he injected H2O2 into him and 'didnt know it would be harmful'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

homeopathy is covered by the uk's nhs because one of the guys who's in charge of that stuff is a homeopath

not one of

the guy

mr hunt himself

when asked how he acted in his quasi judicial role at media and sport

quote:

Hunt says he believed his quasi-judicial role meant "he had to be fair to both sides" but that did not mean having an equal amount of meetings with both News Corp and opponents of the bid.

• Locked thread