Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Grabbed this and at first thought the whole core mechanic was needlessly confusing, but after reading through the book and looking at the Rogue Impulse thread in PBP, I'm definitely digging it.

I only wish there were more aliens to choose from at player creation, but I'm sure that'll be expanded on later or by a good GM. I wanna play an Ithorian :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Some other people seem to have agreed with you. It looks pretty well balanced, so as long as your GM doesn't dismiss unofficial stuff outright, they'll probably be fine with it.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

devilmaydry posted:

Some other people seem to have agreed with you. It looks pretty well balanced, so as long as your GM doesn't dismiss unofficial stuff outright, they'll probably be fine with it.

Whoa, this rules. Now to just make a few characters for fun and then find a play-by-post game.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.

MadDogMike posted:

Hmm, interesting logic failure in the weapon attachment section; Weighted Head is an attachment for bludgeoning Melee or Brawl weapons. Requires 2 hard points, but all bludgeoning Melee and Brawl weapons have 0 hard points available (with the exception of shock gloves, which have 1). So, unless you're a Technician with Tinker who likes shock boxing, this attachment is completely useless. Truly, making a harder club is as lost an art in the Star Wars universe as effective railings.

Tinkerer is a ranked talent with two spots both in the first tier of outlaw tech (5xp each) so it's actually not hard at all to add two hard points assuming you spec into OT

Edit: actually I see what you mean, looks like I misread tinkerer and it increases the number of items you can upgrade not the number of hp? That doesn't make much sense. I think its a mistake on the part of the talent description, otherwise you could only ever add 1 hp to two items? Also the description of weighted head says "bludgeoning weapons" yet not weapon or item descriptions classify/distinguish bludgeoning vs slashing that I can find

Looks like it's based off the general item description, in which case you could include the force pike which has 3hp to start

edit2:

I threw this together this afternoon/evening. It's a fillable character sheet with checkboxes for each of the skill ranks.
It's based off one that I found on the FFG forums but I fixed a lot of layout/formatting issues.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16057259/Edge-of-the-Empire-CharacterSheet-fillable.pdf

treeboy fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 21, 2013

Caecitas
Sep 23, 2012

Dare ye pick the wizard?
Perfect timing treeboy, my core book just arrived through my door and I've players who want to give the character creation a go, cheers in advance. My only regret now is the fact that everywhere in the UK seems to be out of stock of dice packs. I'm sure I can cope with just a single pack for the first few sessions, but I can see more being rather vital. There’s always the dice app, but that isn't my bag.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

There's an excel sheet that does a pretty great job at character creation too, ill see if I can find the forum post. I just prefer to put it all down in a static sheet once I've rolled the character

Edit: looks like the PDF might not be saving form data (either that or it's an odd font issue) I'm away from my computer so i cant fix it right away, but don't be surprised if you fill it out and nobody can see its contents

Edit2: I think it's a font problem on mobile devices (also Dropbox PDF reading sucks), need to make sure it's properly embedding font data, should hopefully be an easy fix.

Edit3: fixed the font issue. If you're viewing the sheets in PDF format on mobile devices you'll likely have to use Adobe Reader (free) as others (like Dropbox) don't display field information at all, only the base pdf. So either use Reader or save it out as JPGs for viewing on mobile. PC/Mac there should be no issues viewing the pdfs at all.

treeboy fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 21, 2013

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

edit: poo poo.

alg fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 22, 2013

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

alg posted:

This deck absolutely whipped rear end today at a tournament today. Super happy with its performance. I feel like it will change the meta here a lot.
Wrong Star Wars thread, champ

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
Question on weapons and weapon ranges.

Do they do *anything*?

For example, if I have a Heavy Blaster Rifle (Range: Long), I assume that means I can shoot anything at Short, Medium, or Long ranges, but not Extreme range.

But I also have the Range Difficulty.

Short: ♦
Medium: ♦♦ (Average)
Long: ♦♦♦

Do I get any bonus for using a Long range weapon at Long Range (♦♦♦), or is it just enough to know you can shoot people from half a klick away?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Kenderama posted:

Question on weapons and weapon ranges.

Do they do *anything*?

For example, if I have a Heavy Blaster Rifle (Range: Long), I assume that means I can shoot anything at Short, Medium, or Long ranges, but not Extreme range.

But I also have the Range Difficulty.

Short: ♦
Medium: ♦♦ (Average)
Long: ♦♦♦

Do I get any bonus for using a Long range weapon at Long Range (♦♦♦), or is it just enough to know you can shoot people from half a klick away?

The range of the weapon determines the maximal range you are allowed to shoot at, period.

The range difficulty chart tells you how hard to is to shoot from any given range band.

There is no inherent bonus from being able to shoot at your weapon's maximal range, except, as you say, the knowledge that you can shoot a dude from downtown. This is actually a pretty huge deal though. It takes two Maneuvers to get from Medium to Long so the ability to shoot from Long is very nice. As a Ranger (Light) player I cannot tell you how many times I have been jealous of our long-arms users, since all blasters are limited to Medium.

Was there something else you're missing? It seems like you've already got a grasp on it.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

I've got a weird question regarding talents.

So it says that when purchasing (non-ranked) talents, Grit (or other) in one tree counts as grit in another tree for the purposes of having gained the talent. I read this as "if you bought this talent you cannot buy it again." Mechanically controlling power creep this way makes some sense.

However the top tier talent Dedication (which allows +1 to characteristic) is the same in each talent tree and is not ranked, so can you only ever improve one characteristic? Or is the ability to "skip" grit once you've purchased it an option rather than mandatory?

edit: i must be reading too much into this, since if you can't purchase grit/toughened/whatever more than once then the marauder talent tree is really lame since half of them are Toughened

treeboy fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 22, 2013

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

Mendrian posted:

The range of the weapon determines the maximal range you are allowed to shoot at, period.

The range difficulty chart tells you how hard to is to shoot from any given range band.

There is no inherent bonus from being able to shoot at your weapon's maximal range, except, as you say, the knowledge that you can shoot a dude from downtown. This is actually a pretty huge deal though. It takes two Maneuvers to get from Medium to Long so the ability to shoot from Long is very nice. As a Ranger (Light) player I cannot tell you how many times I have been jealous of our long-arms users, since all blasters are limited to Medium.

Was there something else you're missing? It seems like you've already got a grasp on it.

Nope, just wanting to make sure I understood it. Ran my first real game of it last night and that was my only real unsure-moment question. :)

I did however manage to crit-blow-off a player's leg. That was cool as hell. :D

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

treeboy posted:

I've got a weird question regarding talents.

So it says that when purchasing (non-ranked) talents, Grit (or other) in one tree counts as grit in another tree for the purposes of having gained the talent. I read this as "if you bought this talent you cannot buy it again." Mechanically controlling power creep this way makes some sense.

However the top tier talent Dedication (which allows +1 to characteristic) is the same in each talent tree and is not ranked, so can you only ever improve one characteristic? Or is the ability to "skip" grit once you've purchased it an option rather than mandatory?

edit: i must be reading too much into this, since if you can't purchase grit/toughened/whatever more than once then the marauder talent tree is really lame since half of them are Toughened

Grit, Toughened, Dedication and the like are ranked. I didn't notice at first either, since the descriptions in the trees don't mention it, but the Talents chapter does note that they are.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

Giant Ethicist posted:

Grit, Toughened, Dedication and the like are ranked. I didn't notice at first either, since the descriptions in the trees don't mention it, but the Talents chapter does note that they are.

that's really dumb... (i mean that's cool, but it'd be nice if there was some indication on the talent sheet)

edit: also getting over the whole "ability scores are king" is hard. Remembering 4agi/2pilot is the same as 4pilot/2agi is weird.

treeboy fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 22, 2013

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

treeboy posted:

that's really dumb... (i mean that's cool, but it'd be nice if there was some indication on the talent sheet)

edit: also getting over the whole "ability scores are king" is hard. Remembering 4agi/2pilot is the same as 4pilot/2agi is weird.

Well, the instinct is still in the right place.

You need to increase both to reach maximum effectiveness, and since one is much harder to come by than the other, Characterstics still end up being king, at least during Char-gen.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

Mendrian posted:

Well, the instinct is still in the right place.

You need to increase both to reach maximum effectiveness, and since one is much harder to come by than the other, Characterstics still end up being king, at least during Char-gen.

yeah i've been discussing it with my group and we seem to have settled on this logic:

Spend the majority of points on Characteristics (find a good focus stat, but don't neglect secondary/tertiary. For droids this usually comes across as 4/2/2/2/1/1, others some variation of ~2 stat increases) Spending >70 xp on a single stat doesnt seem to get the same bang for your buck as spreading it out a little
Use free race/career/specialization options on skills
Use left over XP on talents, then skills.

This system does seem to encourage character over min-max however, since you could potentially aim at having a "dumb pilot" where your Int is low (1 or 2) but you invest a lot of points into Astrogation. At the very least it's very hard to "totally gimp" your character through less than optimal stat allocation.

Also in regards to the character sheet I posted earlier, I've seen some cool stuff with auto-dice pool generation I might try to work into the sheet. Also it can't be edited and saved (only printed) in Adobe Reader. I'll fix that this evening when I get home from work.

Edit:

Updated the Character sheet!
=Added some slick Auto-dice pool generation! (shamelessly ripped and adapted from some other custom character sheet)
=Now writeable by Adobe Reader not just Acrobat! (Unfortunately it doesn't seem iOS likes the javascript necessary to do the auto dice stuff. It'll display properly in iOS Adobe Reader, but won't update if you change anything)
=Generally made it look better!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16057259/Edge-of-the-Empire-CharacterSheet-Fillable-v2.pdf

treeboy fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 23, 2013

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

shosar posted:

Per the lead developer on D20 Radio's Order 66 podcast (1st ep I think)...
Is there a good podcast somewhere? I tried listening to Order 66's first episode but they waste so much time on bullshitting and filler content that it's frustrating to listen to. I stopped about halfway through. I wanted to edit the thing down to about 1/10th of its length (which would still contain all of the actual content) just to save others the same frustration, but that would mean I'd have to listen to the whole thing.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

treeboy posted:

Yeah; there are a few talents (Jury Rigged and Overwhelm Emotions come to mind) where having some sort of note in the talent tree to the effect of "these aren't the complete rules for this talent; go check the talents chapter" would have been nice.

Amish Retard
Jan 27, 2004
Taking the short wagon since 1885

nelson posted:

What I'm wondering is, does higher level play continue to keep things fast paced or, like d&d, does it become more and more complicated (and slow) as you progress to higher levels?

Obviously at this point no one really knows, since the most people would have been playing is a few months with the beta rules or beginner. But I would guess that higher level play will stay relatively fast paced, you'll be rolling more dice and more upgraded dice, but you'll probably be facing NPC's and events with greater difficulty, so they'll continue to cancel each other out.

One interesting thing to see at higher levels is that if you're rolling more upgraded dice on both sides, you'll end up with more triumphs and despairs, which don't cancel each other out.

So you could theoretically have battles and events with multiple triumphs and despairs in the same roll. Lots of potential for huge events and explosions and side-effects.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Amish Retard posted:

One interesting thing to see at higher levels is that if you're rolling more upgraded dice on both sides, you'll end up with more triumphs and despairs, which don't cancel each other out.

So you could theoretically have battles and events with multiple triumphs and despairs in the same roll. Lots of potential for huge events and explosions and side-effects.

I think it will make high level play even more cinematic, which is even more :black101: and reason to keep playing.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I think the other interesting thing about high-level play (that it shares with its parent game, WFRP3) is that there is no mechanical endpoint -- no end to the XP chart, where you need to wrap up the campaign when people hit level 30. The cap on attributes also means that campaigns won't go on to the point where one character has the stats of a star destroyer, and the GM struggles to come up with ways to challenge him.

I think that since it's open to most people (droids aren't people), that eventually everyone will choose to be Force sensitive. When more specializations and signature moves come out, it will provide even more narrative opportunities.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

i'm very curious to see what a 4+ specialization character looks like with a significant number of talents to go with it. Assuming you survive that long. The weapons deal a decent amount of damage and a lot of characters don't have much health. That's a recipe for lethality.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

homullus posted:

(droids aren't people)

You monster. I bet you think restraining bolts are the responsible thing to do, and memory wipes are part of droid maintenance!

...Droid hater.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I'm not sure what constitutes 'high level play' but my group is running north of 300XP at this point if you have any questions. I haven't noticed things getting too complicated, but things like autofire have started to move things in the direction of rocket tag. On the plus side, the system is robust enough to encourage non-combat actions anyway, so that hasn't really been a problem for us. It's not like D&D where combat is half the game and if you suck at it you might as well go home.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Does anyone know of any podcasts of people playing Edge of the Empire? I want to see the dice system in action so I can get a better handle on how to use advantage and disadvantage in neat ways.

Wookiee Of Doom
Jul 16, 2006

devilmaydry posted:

Does anyone know of any podcasts of people playing Edge of the Empire? I want to see the dice system in action so I can get a better handle on how to use advantage and disadvantage in neat ways.

Order 66 has at least 2 live play episodes. The main show is good also, and has helped me be a better GM: http://start.d20radio.com/home/the-order-66-podcast

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

devilmaydry posted:

Meeples and Miniatures have done a 3 part podcast of their Skype sessions. It's pretty good.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Carteret posted:

You monster. I bet you think restraining bolts are the responsible thing to do, and memory wipes are part of droid maintenance!

...Droid hater.

Maybe the EU covers this, but there's a lot that's problematic about Star Wars as Lucas created it. Droids are very clearly imbued with personalities (even the lowly mouse droid), and yet are owned by other sentients and (via the restraining bolt) enslaved; the only characters concerned about memory wipes are the droids. R2D2 played a pivotal role in the destruction of the Death Star (as much as Leia did!), and got nothing for it. The Rebels are rebelling against empire, but themselves grant droids no suffrage. The galaxy is incredibly wasteful with its natural resources, building massive fleets and abandoning wrecks wherever, and creating sentient beings, only to leave them wherever for Jawas to stack like cordwood in their sandcrawlers.

None of this bothers me -- it's mythmaking aimed at kids, painted in broad strokes -- but there are some sci-fi stories that his world isn't made for.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

They kind of cover how nobody really takes droids seriously in the corebook. The only reason droids can move around so freely on the Fringe is that pretty much everyone is unscrupulous in there dealings, so they don't mind who does their dirty work.

The adventure in the back of the corebook contains some droid discrimination, there's an informant that won't talk to any droid characters unless the entire party is made of droids. Even then, he'll only talk to the most human looking one. I do think the "droids are slaves" idea is very apt. A droid's owner can actually free them when they die, which is also covered in the adventure in the back of the core book.

I disagree that a droid's story isn't worth telling, though. Them gaining sentience, or being set free, and how they deal with that and try to make do in a world designed against them can be interesting. I also like all of that stuff that extends naturally from what we know of the Star Wars universe. Even if it isn't covered in the movies, it can still be really interesting to tell those stories.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

devilmaydry posted:

They kind of cover how nobody really takes droids seriously in the corebook. The only reason droids can move around so freely on the Fringe is that pretty much everyone is unscrupulous in there dealings, so they don't mind who does their dirty work.

The adventure in the back of the corebook contains some droid discrimination, there's an informant that won't talk to any droid characters unless the entire party is made of droids. Even then, he'll only talk to the most human looking one. I do think the "droids are slaves" idea is very apt. A droid's owner can actually free them when they die, which is also covered in the adventure in the back of the core book.

I disagree that a droid's story isn't worth telling, though. Them gaining sentience, or being set free, and how they deal with that and try to make do in a world designed against them can be interesting. I also like all of that stuff that extends naturally from what we know of the Star Wars universe. Even if it isn't covered in the movies, it can still be really interesting to tell those stories.

I agree, and saw that in the Core book. My point is that Lucas' world isn't made for that story -- the Rebellion is not one of droids against people, and the Rebellion we have is going to be dominating the releases for Edge of the Empire. You could certainly try to tell that story in your own game, and I think it would be interesting, but it would be a radical deviation from canon, as far as I can tell.

homullus fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 24, 2013

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'm aware, and it was largely tongue in cheek, seeing as I mentioned the memory wipes and restraining bolts :P

A Friends PC is a droid, and he is vocal about droid suffrage. No one, including the NPCs, engage him. So overall, perfectly in line with cannon.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

homullus posted:

I agree, and saw that in the Core book. My point is that Lucas' world isn't made for that story -- the Rebellion is not one of droids against people, and the Rebellion we have is going to be dominating the released for Edge of the Empire. You could certainly try to tell that story in your own game, and I think it would be interesting, but it would be a radical deviation from canon, as far as I can tell.

But the Edge of the Empire doesn't focus on the rebellion, it focuses on the outcasts of society. The next book, Age of Rebellion, is what covers the rebellion in detail. I think that's reflected in the races available in the book. All of the races, besides humans, in the corebook aren't actually seen in the Rebel Alliance in the movies. Most of them are found in Mos Eisly or on Darth Vader's ship when he hires a group of bounty hunters.

I don't mean to attack you on this or anything, I just think that you can do a lot with the Star Wars universe, or any setting, really.

I admit that this is a lot of :words: for a little side comment, though. :v:

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Droid freedom-frighters are absolutely part of a Rebellion story. The characters on the Rebellion side of the war seem to be more empathetic towards droids than the Empire, which is a tool for underscoring how the Rebellion are the 'good' guys. However I think if you wanted to do that in 2013, you'd need to really go a lot further than Lucas did to demonstrate that, since while the Rebellion doesn't casually abuse droids the way the Empire seems to, they certainly take advantage of them.

If anything I think it helps complicate the Star Wars universe in a positive way and helping a droid establish his independence is very cool. This is certainly the first Star Wars system where I would want to try playing a droid.

Further it's useful because it's an obvious conflict that is not the Rebels vs the Empire. We already know how that conflict shakes out; if you're worried about cleaving to canon,it makes more sense to pursue a parallel conflict rather than being directly involved in the Battle of Yavin or whatever.

Edit: ^^^^This is a good point too. The droids we're looking at are either outcasts themselves (like IG88, let's say) or they are the droids of outcasts. That's pretty ripe for a breaking-of-bonds story.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

homullus posted:

My point is that Lucas' world isn't made for that story
Star Wars has grown so far beyond Lucas. The Star Wars films don't care a tiny bit about droid rights, but someone in the Star Wars universe does.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

jivjov posted:

Star Wars has grown so far beyond Lucas. The Star Wars films don't care a tiny bit about droid rights, but someone in the Star Wars universe does.

Totally! I find the unexamined cultural assumptions in Lucas' original vision really interesting, though, and a game that deviates from canon (and the EU) can try to go there. I don't mean stuff like Kessel Run/parsec (I think they should have just decided that parsec was a unit of time for that galaxy). Why is it not ok to blow up one planet (Alderaan) but ok to blow up another (the Death Star)? Why didn't Lucas stick with "Revenge of the Jedi", then? If the Millennium Falcon is such a commonplace hunk of junk, why don't we see any more of those?

IG-88 is a great example of a lot of things (again, I don't read EU stuff) -- how is a droid even a freelancer? Why do assassin droids even exist, when any barkeep in a crappy Tatooine bar can have a droid detector? If they're that good, why wasn't Boba Fett the lone organic in a scene full of droids?

If you just go by the movies, the real message seems to be that most droids are just machines, but a few others have risen above that and have developed personalities, and that those who have them still consider themselves closer to their mute kin than to the organics...which sounds a lot like 1970s racism in the US. Doesn't Luke (or Ben or somebody) even say something like "the Force is strong in that one" of R2? Why can't droids use the Force, if mini-accordions can magic up a virgin birth? If the whole point of midi-chlorians is symbiosis, would that explain why droids in a semi-symbiotic relationship with powerful Force-users end up closer to people?

I don't want to sound crazed about this, because I'm not: the few games I've run of EotE just involved cracking wise, shooting dudes, and collecting credits. I do think the movies, despite their supposed timelessness, are more a product of their time than people realize.

devilmaydry posted:

But the Edge of the Empire doesn't focus on the rebellion, it focuses on the outcasts of society. The next book, Age of Rebellion, is what covers the rebellion in detail.
What I meant was that future books are going to keep us tied to the events/world of the Rebellion, whether we like it or not, not that we can't ignore that or work it out. I do not mean any of these things as a criticism of either Star Wars or Edge of the Empire, I like both a whole lot. Edge of the Empire represents the best opportunity so far for telling (for example) a Droid Autonomy story.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.
I don't think anyone ever mentions a droid using or being strong in the force in the original movies, but I felt like it was definitely implied that droids develop personality over time if their previous memories and experiences are not erased with a memory wipe.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
There's always Skippy the Jedi Droid, if you're looking for a force sensitive automaton.

Sadly this comic is Infinities (non-canon)

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

homullus posted:

Totally! I find the unexamined cultural assumptions in Lucas' original vision really interesting, though, and a game that deviates from canon (and the EU) can try to go there. I don't mean stuff like Kessel Run/parsec (I think they should have just decided that parsec was a unit of time for that galaxy).

I actually prefer what I think the explanation was meant to be. Han was a conman trying to throw snow in the eyes of the rubes. Or possibly testing Obi-Wan to see whether he had a clue. And Obi-Wan did know how ridiculous the claim was.

quote:

Why is it not ok to blow up one planet (Alderaan) but ok to blow up another (the Death Star)?

Because there were no civillians on the Death Star. It was just a very large warmachine. And there's a huge difference between sinking a passenger liner and a battleship.

quote:

Why didn't Lucas stick with "Revenge of the Jedi", then?

Revenge is of fear and hate. Fear and hate of the Dark Side are. Hmm?

quote:

If the Millennium Falcon is such a commonplace hunk of junk, why don't we see any more of those?

Who says she's commonplace? She's a heap of junk. But the sort of heap of junk that's still going through duct tape when most sensible people have upgraded to something better. Leia's reaction is, I think, meant to be the same as it would have been to a car featured on There, I Fixed It.

[quote[If you just go by the movies, the real message seems to be that most droids are just machines, but a few others have risen above that and have developed personalities, and that those who have them still consider themselves closer to their mute kin than to the organics...which sounds a lot like 1970s racism in the US.[/quote]

Yes :( Other good points also snipped.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Is there another forum besides SA that you all use for play-by-post games of EotE, or have you just been running live games? I kinda want to get more into it but there's only one EotE game currently recruiting here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Drone posted:

Is there another forum besides SA that you all use for play-by-post games of EotE, or have you just been running live games? I kinda want to get more into it but there's only one EotE game currently recruiting here.

Well, as soon as I'm done acquainting myself with the full rule book, I plan on running a PbP game, so there's at least one more that'll open up soon.

neonchameleon posted:

Because there were no civillians on the Death Star. It was just a very large warmachine. And there's a huge difference between sinking a passenger liner and a battleship.

Tons of civilians were stationed on the Death Star.

• Locked thread