Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Mudoubleha posted:

I have a UIScrollview which covers the screen on the app, and has an UIView animation of 3 buttons which scroll from left-to-right. The buttons don't sit in any view, so I'm moving them UIView animations.

Whenever I move the scrollview, the buttons reset to the original positions they were at. How do I prevent this, and have the animation persist, rather than stop and reset?

If the buttons are visible, they're in a view. Which view are they in?

Can you post a small example project that illustrates the problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

kitten smoothie posted:

So what horror has befallen the Apple Dev Center site? It's been down for something like two days now with a cryptic "maintenance" message. Provisioning, forums, downloads, you name it, it is dead.

Marco Arment seems to think it's security related. Like, they got hacked and now have to audit everything.

Or maybe they're moving away from WebObjects and it isn't going as well as they'd hoped.

edit: or maybe the old PowerMac G3 they seemingly ran the developer forums on has unexpectedly given up the ghost

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 21, 2013

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I want the Dev Center to be down for a week straight, then suddenly pop back online, without a single issued statement or leaked explanation.

It will be hilarious.

Alternative: Ender.uNF's iCloud Core Data thread caused the forums to evaporate in a puff of logic, bringing the Dev Center down with it.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
Turns out that the dev cneter was backed by core data with replication done via icloud and their servers got out of sync.

Mudoubleha
May 20, 2001
I have no title and I must scream.

pokeyman posted:

If the buttons are visible, they're in a view. Which view are they in?

Can you post a small example project that illustrates the problem?

The buttons are in the UIScrollView too, and they are being animated from right-to-left. Their only superview is the UIScrollView.

This is the piece of code that has a scheduler that moves the UIButtons every 6 seconds.

code:

NSTimer *tempTimer = [NSTimer timerWithTimeInterval:6.0 target:self selector:@selector(scrollBanners) userInfo:nil repeats:YES];
    [[NSRunLoop currentRunLoop] addTimer:tempTimer forMode:NSRunLoopCommonModes];

And this is the function:

code:

- (void)scrollBanners
{

[UIView animateWithDuration:0.3
                          delay:0.0f
                        options: UIViewAnimationOptionAllowUserInteraction
                     animations:^{

for(int i = 0; i < [banners count]; i++)
                         {
                             CGRect viewFrame = [[banners objectAtIndex:i] frame];
                             float xTranslate = viewFrame.size.width;
                             viewFrame.origin.x  = viewFrame.origin.x - xTranslate - 4;
                             [[banners objectAtIndex:i] setFrame:viewFrame];

}

}
                     completion:^(BOOL finished) {
                         if(finished)
                         {

}
			}
                     }];
}

What the function does is that when the button is off-screen, it moves it to the right off-screen, so i get a carousel. When the UIScrollview moves, instead of the buttons remaining in the new positions after they're animated, they move back to their original positions which are set in the Interface Designer.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

By my reading the buttons should be moving to the left; you're subtracting each button's width from its origin's x-coordinate.

Aside from that, I don't see anything obviously wrong with the code you posted. Perhaps the problem comes from elsewhere?

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Plorkyeran posted:

Turns out that the dev cneter was backed by core data with replication done via icloud and their servers got out of sync.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Time for another post where PT6A is frustrated and probably overlooking something obvious (either that or I discover a lot of bugs)!

I have a View in a Storyboard. This view contains, among other things, a subview at the bottom and a TableView that should make up the rest of the main view. I want the subview at the bottom to maintain its size, and the TableView to expand to fill any empty space. To this end, I've pinned the subview's bottom space to the superview (at 0), and likewise for the TableView. For whatever reason, nothing is changing when I use the 3.5-inch screen instead of the 4-inch screen. Is there some obvious thing within the Auto Layout system that I'm failing to understand? I feel like this is a pretty simple case of view rearrangement, so I'd prefer not having to do it in code if I can avoid it.

I'm using iOS 7 beta 2, if it helps. I didn't notice beta 3 was out until the developer portal hosed up.

EDIT: If anyone else has this problem, it can be fixed by selecting "Resolve Auto Layout Issues" -> "Add Missing Constraints".

PT6A fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 21, 2013

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
They realized that links from as long ago as 2010 were still somehow resolving to their intended location, instead of redirecting to the developer portal. They're working to resolve the issue

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

PT6A posted:

I'm using iOS 7 beta 2, if it helps. I didn't notice beta 3 was out until the developer portal hosed up.
OTA update should still work since it's just the website that's offline.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Plorkyeran posted:

OTA update should still work since it's just the website that's offline.

Yeah, as it turns out the notification just popped up on my device as I was posting that. Still, it would be nice to have an upgrade of the xCode beta and the simulator as well. Is there a workaround for those?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh hey, I guess this explains all those weird AppleID password reset emails I got on the 10th.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

PT6A posted:

Yeah, as it turns out the notification just popped up on my device as I was posting that. Still, it would be nice to have an upgrade of the xCode beta and the simulator as well. Is there a workaround for those?
I assume torrents for it are trivial to find. Probably significantly faster than Apple's terrible CDN, too.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

quote:

Last Thursday, an intruder attempted to secure personal information of our registered developers from our developer website. Sensitive personal information was encrypted and cannot be accessed, however, we have not been able to rule out the possibility that some developers’ names, mailing addresses, and/or email addresses may have been accessed. In the spirit of transparency, we want to inform you of the issue. We took the site down immediately on Thursday and have been working around the clock since then.

In order to prevent a security threat like this from happening again, we’re completely overhauling our developer systems, updating our server software, and rebuilding our entire database. We apologize for the significant inconvenience that our downtime has caused you and we expect to have the developer website up again soon.

Whoooops.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Why do I get the feeling the breach was worse than they're letting on? You don't "completely [overhaul your] developer systems, [update your] server software, and [rebuild your] entire database" because some russian botnet was spamming the reset password link.

Edit: Oh jesus, what if someone knocked over the PowerMac G3???? :ohdear:

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

carry on then posted:

Why do I get the feeling the breach was worse than they're letting on? You don't "completely [overhaul your] developer systems, [update your] server software, and [rebuild your] entire database" because some russian botnet was spamming the reset password link.

Edit: Oh jesus, what if someone knocked over the PowerMac G3???? :ohdear:

"Overhauling our systems, updating our server software, and rebuilding our database" sounds like the sort of technobabble you would tell the general public to get them to briefly put down their torches and pitchforks while you scrambled to figure out what the hell actually went wrong. Which of course is a little funny when this is what you tell people who actually have a technical background.

Tuesday afternoon is the AAPL quarterly investor call. It might get interesting if this stuff is still up in the air by then.

kitten smoothie fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 22, 2013

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

It sounds like they had some gaping security hole that let someone grab the entire DB, but some of the data in the DB is encrypted and the attacker may not have gotten the key.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

kitten smoothie posted:

Tuesday afternoon is the AAPL quarterly investor call. It might get interesting if this stuff is still up in the air by then.
I really doubt investors care about something like this

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

chumpchous posted:

I really doubt investors care about something like this

"You only made 582 gazillion dollars last quarter? Some analysis guessed expected you were going to make 582.2 gazillion dollars!" (Stock tanks)

That's what investors care about!

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Working on better preview area docking:

It works by putting a tall, thin UIView with a UIPanGestureRecognizer on the rightmost edge. Dragging in from outside the screen animates it down to size, then pans with the touch. Works great! Except...

1. On iOS 7, only the right edge (when holding the device upright) drags well from outside the screen. When rotated, the other three don't catch it - you have to land a touch exactly on the UIView strip. On iOS 6 all four screen edges pull in just fine.

2. Playing the preview grid area (a subview of the drawer view), it starts to stutter when multiple touches start going wild. If I add the preview grid view directly to the main view controller's view, there is no stuttering. I have a feeling it's recognizing a gesture on the view, which stops the input from getting to the right touch methods, but I don't know how to check for this.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

lord funk posted:

1. On iOS 7, only the right edge (when holding the device upright) drags well from outside the screen. When rotated, the other three don't catch it - you have to land a touch exactly on the UIView strip. On iOS 6 all four screen edges pull in just fine.

I haven't actually played around with it (code-wise), but I suspected behaviour like this would break lots of apps. The other 3 bezels now have "OS-level" gesture recognizers - top brings in Notification Centre, bottom brings in Control Centre and left is the back gesture in a navigation view.

What happens if you build an IPA against an earlier SDK and install this on the iOS 7 device? (As this disables other iOS 7 specific behaviours, e.g. status bar layout and translucent keyboard).

On that note (general question, not a lord funk reply), is there currently an alternative way to deploy directly to an iOS 7 device while building against an earlier SDK? I have to build an IPA in Xcode 4.6 and install this to the phone, I haven't found a way of using earlier SDKs in Xcode 5.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Froist posted:

I haven't actually played around with it (code-wise), but I suspected behaviour like this would break lots of apps. The other 3 bezels now have "OS-level" gesture recognizers - top brings in Notification Centre, bottom brings in Control Centre and left is the back gesture in a navigation view.

What happens if you build an IPA against an earlier SDK and install this on the iOS 7 device? (As this disables other iOS 7 specific behaviours, e.g. status bar layout and translucent keyboard).

This is what I expected. I'll try building against iOS 6 and see what happens. What doesn't make sense is why it's the physical screen edge, instead of the currently rotated edge.

Edit: here's a quick test project in case you want to try it out:
EdgeDrawer.zip

It seems like the bottom edge works too. It's just the top and left that don't.

lord funk fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 22, 2013

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

I just had an email telling me that I need to click the following link to reset my password.

I didn't ask to change my password, is everyone getting these? Or does it mean someone has tried to access my developer account on iTunes COnnect?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Funso Banjo posted:

I just had an email telling me that I need to click the following link to reset my password.

I didn't ask to change my password, is everyone getting these? Or does it mean someone has tried to access my developer account on iTunes COnnect?

The Developer Center got its database dumped, so it's mostly being attributed to that. Someone's trying to phish your password from you.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

Lots of people are getting those. It is probably related to the security breach.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
I've been trying out Crittercism for crash reporting and some other neat stuff. I just got my favorite crash log ever:

code:
Crashed Thread
TextInput 0x37cd485a _ZNSt8_Rb_treeIN2KB6StringESt4pairIKS1_N3WTF6RefPtrIN2TI8Favonius9LayoutKeyEEEESt10_Select1stISA_ESt4lessIS1_ESaISA_EE8_M_eraseEPSt13_Rb_tree_nodeISA_E + 14
TextInput 0x37cd4863 _ZNSt8_Rb_treeIN2KB6StringESt4pairIKS1_N3WTF6RefPtrIN2TI8Favonius9LayoutKeyEEEESt10_Select1stISA_ESt4lessIS1_ESaISA_EE8_M_eraseEPSt13_Rb_tree_nodeISA_E + 23
TextInput 0x37cd4863 _ZNSt8_Rb_treeIN2KB6StringESt4pairIKS1_N3WTF6RefPtrIN2TI8Favonius9LayoutKeyEEEESt10_Select1stISA_ESt4lessIS1_ESaISA_EE8_M_eraseEPSt13_Rb_tree_nodeISA_E + 23
TextInput 0x37cd4841 _ZN3WTF10RefCountedIN2TI8Favonius14KeyboardLayoutEE5derefEv + 37
TextInput 0x37cd48dd _ZN3WTF10RefCountedIN2TI8Favonius5TouchEE5derefEv + 29
TextInput 0x3804ade3 _ZNSt6vectorIN2TI8Favonius14CMTouchHistory16TouchCorrelationESaIS3_EED2Ev + 35
TextInput 0x38049a13 _ZN2TI8Favonius14CMTouchHistoryD2Ev + 55
TextInput 0x380499c3 _ZN2TI8Favonius14CMTouchHistoryD0Ev + 11
TextInput 0x37ce7c4f _ZN2TI8Favonius10BeamSearchD2Ev + 79
TextInput 0x37ce725b _ZN2TI8Favonius10BeamSearchD0Ev + 11
TextInput 0x37ce7c67 _ZN2TI8Favonius10BeamSearchD2Ev + 103
TextInput 0x37ce997f _ZN3WTF6VectorINS_6RefPtrIN2TI8Favonius6SearchEEELm0EE6shrinkEm + 47
TextInput 0x37ce9913 _ZN3WTF6VectorINS_6RefPtrIN2TI8Favonius6SearchEEELm0EE14shrinkCapacityEm + 39
TextInput 0x37ce9145 _ZN2TI8Favonius18StrokeBuildManager23sync_with_input_from_UIERKSt6vectorIN2KB6StringESaIS4_EERKS4_j + 97
TextInput 0x37cd3963 _ZN20TIInputManagerZephyr16keyHitTestFromZTE7CGPoint15UIKeyTouchStagedifi + 51
TextInput 0x37ce2bd3 -[TIKeyboardInputManagerZephyr keyHitTest:touchStage:atTime:withTouch:forceShift:forcingKey:] + 107
UIKit 0x344d86f1 -[UIKeyboardImpl keyHitTest:touchStage:atTime:withTouch:forceShift:forcingKey:] + 73
UIKit 0x344d7d3f -[UIKeyboardLayoutStar keyHitTestForTouchInfo:touchStage:] + 807
UIKit 0x344d73cf -[UIKeyboardLayoutStar touchDown:] + 247
UIKit 0x344d716b -[UIKeyboardLayout touchesBegan:withEvent:] + 359
UIKit 0x343c1523 -[UIWindow _sendTouchesForEvent:] + 319
UIKit 0x343ae801 -[UIApplication sendEvent:] + 381
UIKit 0x343ae11b _UIApplicationHandleEvent + 6155
GraphicsServices 0x360b55a3 _PurpleEventCallback + 591
GraphicsServices 0x360b51d3 PurpleEventCallback + 35
CoreFoundation 0x3257b173 __CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_SOURCE1_PERFORM_FUNCTION__ + 35
CoreFoundation 0x3257b117 __CFRunLoopDoSource1 + 139
CoreFoundation 0x32579f99 __CFRunLoopRun + 1385
CoreFoundation 0x324ecebd CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 357
CoreFoundation 0x324ecd49 CFRunLoopRunInMode + 105
GraphicsServices 0x360b42eb GSEventRunModal + 75
UIKit 0x34402301 UIApplicationMain + 1121
My Application 0x0004d913 main (main.m:17)
Favonius beam search? Oh... of course.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

ManicJason posted:

I've been trying out Crittercism for crash reporting and some other neat stuff. I just got my favorite crash log ever:

Favonius beam search? Oh... of course.

I like that they use both Favonius and Zephyr. Also Zephyr is the Spring wind..for Springboard?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I guess this was the wrong week to realize one of my distribution certs expired.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Dev site is back up now.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Doc Block posted:

Dev site is back up now.

Oh you tease.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

Doc Block posted:

Dev site is back up now.
Still redirecting to http://devimages.apple.com/maintenance/ for me.

Hughlander posted:

I guess this was the wrong week to realize one of my distribution certs expired.
It should be auto-extended if it expired in the last few days. If it expired before that then yeah, you're kinda hosed.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Hughlander posted:

drat, it's only up if you go to developer.apple.com. If you actually go to any of the actual developer sections, though, it's down.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 22, 2013

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004
All this stuff didn't keep them from pushing out Mavericks DP4 in the app store at least. Don't know about iOS 7 B4 yet.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I swear the next potential client of mine that acts with surprise and alarm upon discovering that a "simple app!!!" (read: not a very simple app) starts at around $6000-$10000 is just going to be told to gently caress off and come back when they're serious, instead of receiving a detailed, calm explanation of why things take time to do. Oh, your boss only wants to spend $2000? That's his (and your) problem, not mine. That might get you a preliminary database design and some interface sketches, depending on the project.

I have to wonder if this lack of connection with reality extends to other bits of their lives. Do they get upset when the supermarket insists they pay $10 for a steak, when they only want to pay $2?

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
Lowtax giveth, and Lowtax taketh away.
College Slice

PT6A posted:

I swear the next potential client of mine that acts with surprise and alarm upon discovering that a "simple app!!!" (read: not a very simple app) starts at around $6000-$10000 is just going to be told to gently caress off and come back when they're serious, instead of receiving a detailed, calm explanation of why things take time to do. Oh, your boss only wants to spend $2000? That's his (and your) problem, not mine. That might get you a preliminary database design and some interface sketches, depending on the project.

I have to wonder if this lack of connection with reality extends to other bits of their lives. Do they get upset when the supermarket insists they pay $10 for a steak, when they only want to pay $2?

From what I hear the answer to that is yes. A plumber charges what? Electricians cost how much?

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
But I thought you liked doing this stuff! Besides, think of all the exposure you'll get by doing our app! And maybe we could work out some kind of profit sharing in exchange for a smaller upfront payment!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Doc Block posted:

But I thought you liked doing this stuff! Besides, think of all the exposure you'll get by doing our app! And maybe we could work out some kind of profit sharing in exchange for a smaller upfront payment!

The exact line was, "well, if they like this app, we have two or three more to do later, so you have to factor that in!"

gently caress. Off. I don't need to do poo poo. You need to pay me for my time, and that's where the discussion begins and ends. I've given discounts to people I've worked successfully with before (based largely on the fact that they pay me promptly and don't drive me loving nuts), but certainly not for a new client, and certainly nothing in the range of a 50% discount.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
I have a property:

@property (nonatomic) Class myClass;

This allows me to do:

thing = [[self.myClass alloc] initBlah];

That's great and all, but why can't I do:

thing = (self.myClass*)thisIsCastable;

What am I doing wrong? It says I'm missing an expression. It's been a long day :saddowns:

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Doh004 posted:

I have a property:

@property (nonatomic) Class myClass;

This allows me to do:

thing = [[self.myClass alloc] initBlah];

That's great and all, but why can't I do:

thing = (self.myClass*)thisIsCastable;

What am I doing wrong? It says I'm missing an expression. It's been a long day :saddowns:

I'm not sure how that's done, but in the meantime could you do:

code:
objc_msgSend(thing, @selector(mySelector));
Another option would be to define a protocol and cast to id<YourProtocol>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Doh004 posted:

I don't think you can cast to the result of an expression (ie casting is compile-time afaik, so the compiler won't know what self.myClass returns)

E: also, just cast it to id and send whatever selector you want. Or cast to id<Protocol> if you want to be a little more safe

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 23, 2013