Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raneman posted:

Is the game not launching for anyone else? for me it starts firefall.exe but the game itself doesn't seem to start. :ohdear:

EDIT: Also, I really wish you guys would use mumble more. Most of the time I'm alone in there.

You should hang out with whoever is on. Like kristopher or eight or whomever. They love to talk and are great company. i only use mumble when we need it when the voip is being stupid (always it seems (IT WASN'T THAT WAY BEFORE GODDAMNIT)) or when we have multiple groups running on a large event like baneclaw or whatever. Or if we are all just jerking off in channel cause we are all soloing and noone has taken the initiative to start a squad.

But seriously, some people use mumble and you should spend time getting to know them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

You should hang out with whoever is on. Like kristopher or eight or whomever. They love to talk and are great company. i only use mumble when we need it when the voip is being stupid (always it seems (IT WASN'T THAT WAY BEFORE GODDAMNIT)) or when we have multiple groups running on a large event like baneclaw or whatever. Or if we are all just jerking off in channel cause we are all soloing and noone has taken the initiative to start a squad.

But seriously, some people use mumble and you should spend time getting to know them.

I idle in there for 6 hours a day every morning. I don't see anyone beyond Green, Nipples, or Glug.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

poptart_fairy posted:

Do enemy groups have any tactics beyond "instantly alert every ally in 600 yards, converge on single player"?

e; ugh, on second thoughts I just uninstalled the drat thing. Spent two hours loving around trying to get to ARES missions and the like to have them finish before I got there due to terrain design, or just be another clusterfuck of circle strafing mobs. Really wasn't having fun.

That's really my biggest complaint. I don't know why developers keep doing this, but as soon as they put jet packs in a game they have a hardon for making the terrain as annoying as possible to make jetpacks either absolutely necessary or utterly worthless.

That being said, I had fun rolling around with a group in the beginning, and once you unlock your frame abilities it gets better. Usually if you go to an ares mission and wait a bit, other pople will show up.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

poptart_fairy posted:

Do enemy groups have any tactics beyond "instantly alert every ally in 600 yards, converge on single player"?

e; ugh, on second thoughts I just uninstalled the drat thing. Spent two hours loving around trying to get to ARES missions and the like to have them finish before I got there due to terrain design, or just be another clusterfuck of circle strafing mobs. Really wasn't having fun.

I don't know if there was an official change of if I suddenly just got terrible at the game, but I have had many problems recently that I haven't had before. The worst is getting pegged from 300 yards by a sniper while I'm darting around mid air. Usually if you were moving perpendicular to the sniper it was nearly impossible for them to hit you, something that was rather easy to do once the charged sniper rifle sound started. Now, forget about it.

What I'm failing to understand is what is the weakness of the actual dread supposed to be? Tons of HP, tank and DPS? I'm not raging against Dreads by any stretch, I love my mammoth too, but as I near getting my assault completely upgraded I'm wondering what role it's suppose to serve at the end game. Has less hp, less tank, and less damage than a dread. Distance and mobility isn't a viable defense anymore with the new ai tracking. Curious what other assaults are experiencing. There is a high probability I am just awful at this game.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

xxEightxx posted:

I don't know if there was an official change of if I suddenly just got terrible at the game, but I have had many problems recently that I haven't had before. The worst is getting pegged from 300 yards by a sniper while I'm darting around mid air. Usually if you were moving perpendicular to the sniper it was nearly impossible for them to hit you, something that was rather easy to do once the charged sniper rifle sound started. Now, forget about it.

What I'm failing to understand is what is the weakness of the actual dread supposed to be? Tons of HP, tank and DPS? I'm not raging against Dreads by any stretch, I love my mammoth too, but as I near getting my assault completely upgraded I'm wondering what role it's suppose to serve at the end game. Has less hp, less tank, and less damage than a dread. Distance and mobility isn't a viable defense anymore with the new ai tracking. Curious what other assaults are experiencing. There is a high probability I am just awful at this game.

I thought the weakness is supposed to be less aoe, but I wouldn't be surpised to hear that they're close to even because of abilities, plus the recluse probably does more aoe with better survivability and possible utility options.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

xxEightxx posted:

Dread is a meatshield that can keep on shooting, but has low burst damage.

I know AI is still being tuned to operate in a more tactical manor and even right now its still early in development.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, poptart fairy. I agree with you. I got up to a mammoth frame and I upgraded jumpjets and servos so missing out on missions right before I get there isn't an issue. It's just there weren't many people interested in lower tier missions and what not for me to catch up to the guys in guild doing the higher end things. Doing them solo turns into what you describe, fairy. I'll have another look at the game when (if) they add pvp that's more than just arena crap.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
you guys should be using the terrain to your advantage. I hang around the thump dump area because I can get to something like 6 or 7 missions within about a minute. Including a couple of sites for tornado spawns, an invasion spawn, and incursion spawns. So its a pretty solid area. Its also practically all flat (relative to the rest of the drat map). Even in T4 gear I hate trying to get to missions south of cerrado. It is just too much of a pain in the rear end.

If you do decide to run missions, do it in a tight area, don't run all over the place.

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

you guys should be using the terrain to your advantage. I hang around the thump dump area because I can get to something like 6 or 7 missions within about a minute. Including a couple of sites for tornado spawns, an invasion spawn, and incursion spawns. So its a pretty solid area. Its also practically all flat (relative to the rest of the drat map). Even in T4 gear I hate trying to get to missions south of cerrado. It is just too much of a pain in the rear end.

If you do decide to run missions, do it in a tight area, don't run all over the place.

This forever. Though, I think I might be shelving this game until later in the beta; I saw something about episodic campaign content, and I'm hoping more variety in content comes with that. Also, maybe faster progression? I can't be arsed to make that push to T3 gear, let alone T4. It feels like such a casual game until you get to that point, then it's grind central.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Blazing Zero posted:

Yeah, poptart fairy. I agree with you. I got up to a mammoth frame and I upgraded jumpjets and servos so missing out on missions right before I get there isn't an issue. It's just there weren't many people interested in lower tier missions and what not for me to catch up to the guys in guild doing the higher end things. Doing them solo turns into what you describe, fairy. I'll have another look at the game when (if) they add pvp that's more than just arena crap.

Yeah, don't get me wrong I'm not hating the game I'm just finding it too frustrating to devote to it the sort of time it wants from me. I'll probably pick it up again in future.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

robocopforever posted:

On another note, where the Goons at? The mumble channel seems abandoned 90% of the time. Are people just taking a break or is there a cool kids club I am unaware of?
You can /friend everybody in the 4 armies, or you can now: /w AllianceBot !listusers

Blazing Zero posted:

Keep in mind that the only "higher end thing" you probably won't be able to do is thumping in the melding pockets. That is the only gated piece of content in the game so far for most goons. A bunch of us have BWA keys by now so it shouldn't be difficult to find a BWA group to join.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I usually only run into one or two ARES that I can't at least get credit for a day when I play, even when I just go around the map doing them. Picking a spot and figuring out the terrain can certainly help a lot though (like Rhonyn said Thump Dump gets piles of ARES most of the time and they're all pretty easy to get to quickly). I play Tigerclaw with a full movement based moveset (only T2 at best though) so that might be tipping things in my favor.

The Sniper AI seems to be a huge mix for me though, about 80% of the time I can dodge their charge shots, but randomly they'll headshot me while I'm bouncing around like normal, I have no idea how it works.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

GodFish posted:

The Sniper AI seems to be a huge mix for me though, about 80% of the time I can dodge their charge shots, but randomly they'll headshot me while I'm bouncing around like normal, I have no idea how it works.
I've noticed accuracy depends on the Stage of the Sniper.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I think accuracy is also dependent on how far away the sniper is. I could swear I heard somewhere that the further away you are, the more accurate the sniper is.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
That makes sense and matches personal experience. When I'm up against snipers, I dance around them all day and shoot them in the butt. especially when I see the rifle start to glow. I know to stay away from the unhappy end. At range, you're at their mercy but the more you get shot by them, the more you get a feel for the timing of their shots. You get to the point where you can stand perfectly still and then jump at just the right moment and the shot will miss you. When I'm playing a jumpy frame, I pick that moment to not be flying. Falling straight down is pretty reliable too. Luckily, there's plenty of cover most of the time and that's way more reliable. With upgraded armor plates, you can take s few shots before going down, even as a wussy recon frame.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I have been keeping an eye on this for a while, so I decided to check it out and see how FireFall plays.
I like the setting, it being Copacabana is pretty unique in my opinion and I have taken to kind of singing the song a little bit for some strange reason.
It makes me think of a cross between Tribes, Tabula Rasa, and Champions Online.
I like how the Assault and the Dread both play, they are different enough that my tactics change drastically depending on which one Im using.
The Assault feels the most "Tribes-like", with the plasma cannon firing really similarly to a Spinfuzor so I just aim at the ground under the feet of the enemies.

I think the mountains are tall enough to be a giant pain to navigate around, it took me so long to get near an ARES mission marker that they kept expiring just as I got to them. The Thumper stuff was pretty crazy though, I joined a squad farming them and we accidentally had a massive spawn for a nearby ARES mission get dragged into our farming spot.
It was totally nuts, I had to bounce around like a madman to keep from dying there were so many mobs. I did discover that you can bounce off the heads of enemies, which helped keep me alive longer.
It's cool that I can just run in a random direction and find poo poo to do, but I don't like the npcs constantly nagging me to go do this nearby thing. Also, they apparently imported the butter shoes Jason from FarCry 3 wears because I was sliding off of thing I should have been able to stand on.
Hopefully they add a travel power or something that lets you fly arund if your not in combat, that would be pretty sweet.
The costume design is pretty bad though, I'd want to wear a full bodysuit to protect myself when I invariably slam into a rock or something.
I like it aside from that, it's not a bad way to spend an hour or two.
EDIT: Sorry for the wall of text.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
The mountains become a non-issue once you learn where the spots are that you can easily pass through or over to get where you want to go. That comes with time and exploration. After that, you look at the map and can quickly judge where you can easily get to and whether you want to bother going over there or just hang out at the printer for a few minutes until a new spawn appears closer. Popular ARES hubs are Thump Dump, Shanty Town, and to a lesser extent, Trans Hub. Memorizing where all the glider pads are in an area, or where you can put your free Adventurer's Glider Pad, or where the race terminals are so you can spawn the free race bike can really increase your mobility. Other than that, the post above about upgrading servos and jump jets is spot on. Especially when you upgrade your Mass stat a bit.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

So I've been flying with my tiny group for a while and finally decided to pop in and say hello.

Working on a Mammoth/Bastion right now, trying to upgrade all of my gear from stock into something worthwhile. A few quick questions, though:

How are yall getting Crystite? I'm constantly running low or out of it and it's the biggest choke in terms of progression. I'm already sitting on raw resource refining IV and Crystite refining III; should I be just dumping everything into crystite refining?

What does quality do for abilities; is it just improving the durability of them?

Finally, what are vouchers good for? I know you can buy stock secondarys from Corpacabana and teir 1 from vendors around the place, but if I'm pushing towards T3 weapons, are vouchers still useful to me?

Edit: Also is there a good list of what abilities gain what as they rank up? I'm told that multi-turret gets more turrets at higher levels; does this also apply with gaining more turrets with better quality materials?

TalonDemonKing fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 24, 2013

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

TalonDemonKing posted:

So I've been flying with my tiny group for a while and finally decided to pop in and say hello.

Working on a Mammoth/Bastion right now, trying to upgrade all of my gear from stock into something worthwhile. A few quick questions, though:

How are yall getting Crystite? I'm constantly running low or out of it and it's the biggest choke in terms of progression. I'm already sitting on raw resource refining IV and Crystite refining III; should I be just dumping everything into crystite refining?

What does quality do for abilities; is it just improving the durability of them?

Finally, what are vouchers good for? I know you can buy stock secondarys from Corpacabana and teir 1 from vendors around the place, but if I'm pushing towards T3 weapons, are vouchers still useful to me?

Edit: Also is there a good list of what abilities gain what as they rank up? I'm told that multi-turret gets more turrets at higher levels; does this also apply with gaining more turrets with better quality materials?

Bwa or area missions, in a group run running it back to back to back best way to get cy. You shouldn't be crystite refining unless you plan on skipping the crafting route. With no p2p or army trading there is no real way to have someone craft something for you, so you will be at the mercy of the market which does not have consistent pricing.

Quality of an item refers to its overall...quality. It's a reflection of all the items stats, and can be misleading when you craft. I have some green jumpjetIV which are beastly in every crafted category except air sprint. Even though two of three categories were done with high level purple, the fact i used resources with a rating less than 50 for the air sprint category only gave it a green 600 something rating.

Vouchers are needed for progression, and other things. I think the are needed to make the anomaly keys, which are what I guess you would call end game content right now.

Most abilities just become better as you level them up, turret is really the exception in that you can have more than 3. For practical purposes getting to t3 isn't that hard, the grind from t1 to t3 isn't that great, the grind from t3 to t4 is much more steep. Aim for some quality t3 stuff you will be there for a while.

xxEightxx fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 24, 2013

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

TalonDemonKing posted:

As said before, BWA/ARES/Raw resource refining. Even the vets are crystite starved. The game has many, many huge crystite sinks and you will always be needing more of it. It starts getting crazy when you start researching T4 equipment.

And for ability comparison, try the marketplace (ALT+M). That is what I do when I want to see how an ability scales between tiers.

xxEightxx posted:

With no p2p or army trading there is no real way to have someone craft something for you, so you will be at the mercy of the market which does not have consistent pricing.
No, we've traded items before. You lose Cy doing it as it is done through the marketplace, but it is possible. You just put it up on the market for a certain unique price and have the receiving party put that exact price into the min/max Crystite fields. You put it up and announce it, and they click refresh and buy it. Done.

Grunewald
Oct 5, 2012
Long time SA lurker here. I've been running around solo and with small groups for awhile and getting a feel for the game. The info and discussions here are very helpful - thanks.

I agree that the mountains become less of an issue once you get a feel for the terrain. While the game felt pretty epic in scope when first zoning in, the terrain is pretty easy to memorize in the first couple days.

I'm curious if it's acceptable for newbies to jump on to the mumble server that is advertised in the OP, or should we should introduce ourselves here and get a decent post count first?

Thanks in advance.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Nalin posted:

I think accuracy is also dependent on how far away the sniper is. I could swear I heard somewhere that the further away you are, the more accurate the sniper is.

That would make a lot of sense. A good way to keep snipers from killing everyone would be to limit their turn speed while charging. That way they could still make minor adjustments while not being able to track you completely. The farther away you are the less they have to turn and the more likely they are to keep you in their sights. You could also make higher tiers more dangerous by increasing that turn speed.

So if that's what the devs did, it would mean that moving back and forth would actually make it easier for snipers to hit you. Best way to do it would be pick a direction and keep going that way til you hear the shot.

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Yeah it's a lot like that.

Grunewald posted:

I'm curious if it's acceptable for newbies to jump on to the mumble server that is advertised in the OP, or should we should introduce ourselves here and get a decent post count first?

Awww I haven't seen someone worried about post count in years. Just jump on the Mumble server and apply to one of the armies. It's all good.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Yeah, this game isn't competitive enough that anybody cares about how much of a goon you are. There are already people in the army pushing the limits of what anybody would consider a "goon". Hop on Mumble, join an army, and come play!

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Nalin posted:

Yeah, this game isn't competitive enough that anybody cares about how much of a goon you are. There are already people in the army pushing the limits of what anybody would consider a "goon". Hop on Mumble, join an army, and come play!

Is voip in game just hosed for some reason? Do people hate it? For some reason half the people in mumble I can never hear, hasn't really had a problem with the in game chat feature. Just curios what the thought is.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

xxEightxx posted:

Is voip in game just hosed for some reason? Do people hate it? For some reason half the people in mumble I can never hear, hasn't really had a problem with the in game chat feature. Just curios what the thought is.
When in-game voip was first implemented, it worked perfectly, and many people didn't bother to log into Mumble. It broke after one of the patches and it isn't very reliable anymore. When people join/leave squad, switch zones, etc, there is a chance you will lose the ability to hear somebody. Or they will lose the ability to hear you. It is a huge pain when it happens so people mostly just hang out in Mumble nowadays.

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Alkanos posted:

That would make a lot of sense. A good way to keep snipers from killing everyone would be to limit their turn speed while charging. That way they could still make minor adjustments while not being able to track you completely. The farther away you are the less they have to turn and the more likely they are to keep you in their sights. You could also make higher tiers more dangerous by increasing that turn speed.

So if that's what the devs did, it would mean that moving back and forth would actually make it easier for snipers to hit you. Best way to do it would be pick a direction and keep going that way til you hear the shot.

After running BWA a million times and getting shot by snipers every run I want to say that I'm pretty sure this is how it is currently set up. They definitely have a limited tracking (i.e. turning) speed. If you jet up to them while they are trying to snipe you will see that they can't actually turn around quick enough to get you. The way their AI seems to work is that they have slower tracking but also have a certain amount of 'momentum' or so to speak, so that beyond their slow turning speed they will also have a delay of sorts in getting you back in their sights (could be wrong on this part, but they definitely have a slow tracking speed). I can't comment on their stages affecting how fast they turn though, since basically all I do is BWA.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

ErrantSystems posted:

After running BWA a million times and getting shot by snipers every run I want to say that I'm pretty sure this is how it is currently set up. They definitely have a limited tracking (i.e. turning) speed. If you jet up to them while they are trying to snipe you will see that they can't actually turn around quick enough to get you. The way their AI seems to work is that they have slower tracking but also have a certain amount of 'momentum' or so to speak, so that beyond their slow turning speed they will also have a delay of sorts in getting you back in their sights (could be wrong on this part, but they definitely have a slow tracking speed). I can't comment on their stages affecting how fast they turn though, since basically all I do is BWA.

Strafing them or going vertical at close range is the best way to deal with them. They are who I go after first since they are the biggest threat to my mobility, since they can basically one shot me. Once they settle in their lines they tend to hang way way back, and often cluster together. If you get to that point they can be engaged rather safely since their rifles aren't that powerful, and they won't have the close support or the other chosen. Just make liberal use of 'f' so you can get them highlighted and figure out where they are exactly.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Per the OP, if you hop on Mumble you need to have a comment of what your SA and in game names are so we can know who we're talking to. It's also required for authentication. Making your mumble name the same as your character name is the best since it gets pretty confusing to do rapid invites for invasions and such if your mumble name has nothing to do with anything else.

As for the snipers, I spent all night running ARES (surprise surprise) missions again and there's a pattern you can count on when it comes to Chosen. Walk in and say Hi and you will have all the hissers, bruisers, juggs, and the machine gunners (whose name eludes me) rushing after you. Naturally, you will want to pull back and lure them out as best you can so you can deal with them in more favorable terrain. Once they're taken out, you get to walk back in to a wall of snipers since they don't charge after you. Get very good at snap shooting and using terrain for cover. Left Control button is crouch and very handy for hiding behind boxes. I often switch to first person and shoot over cover while crouched. The snipers will usually continue trying to shoot at center mass which is now behind hard cover allowing me to pick them off at leisure. If you have to fight without cover, it definitely helps to have the volume up loud enough that you can hear the "Fweeee" charging sound and jump or juke to the side at just the right moment to dodge. It takes practice but it still works. Even at range. You have to do this a lot in BWAs.

Unless you're a Mammoth. Then you just throw up your shield wall and tremmors, rush in and murder hose them all.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 25, 2013

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Inimicul posted:

That makes sense and matches personal experience. When I'm up against snipers, I dance around them all day and shoot them in the butt. especially when I see the rifle start to glow. I know to stay away from the unhappy end. At range, you're at their mercy but the more you get shot by them, the more you get a feel for the timing of their shots. You get to the point where you can stand perfectly still and then jump at just the right moment and the shot will miss you. When I'm playing a jumpy frame, I pick that moment to not be flying. Falling straight down is pretty reliable too. Luckily, there's plenty of cover most of the time and that's way more reliable. With upgraded armor plates, you can take s few shots before going down, even as a wussy recon frame.

When I play a sniper and one of those demon grunt things comes up on me, I basically run around crying and shooting the dirt and get so freaked out I can't even remember to switch to my secondary weapon, so yes this is really accurate. :)

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

New Open Beta Trailer just went up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH6b_bDpp74

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 25, 2013

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Yeah it's a lot like that.
Only new stuff I saw in there was at 35s.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
That look like it could be a higher level tornado.

In other news necrotic poison is bad, I got it at blue level IV and it's still less useful than stock siphoning plate.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

MadHat posted:

Technically we have "seen" a Titan, just not been able to play with a working one.

Where can I see this information?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Where can I see this information?

The extremely old and out of date PAX 2010 Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-CdQmxH96M

e: Adding the Tiki Edition of Firefall Live since it adds more background to the 2010 PAX Demo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UutK_AYw9m8

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 26, 2013

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
Lemon King, is there something I'm missing with reactor bar or is HKM status and icon nowhere to be found?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

imatree posted:

Lemon King, is there something I'm missing with reactor bar or is HKM status and icon nowhere to be found?

You're using pre-0.6 Reactor Bar, if you read the top of the Reactor Bar post there is a direct link to Omnibar: http://www.curse.com/ff-addons/firefall/omnibar

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Feel free to add G.I.A. army to the "never rez them" list. There were four of us doing a tornado and the others were all in G.I.A. I got killed in the process and they said in zone chat "Sorry, I don't help Goons. Something to do with being ganked too many times". Internet fame.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
Do you guys recommend going anywhere in particular for more concentrated, frequent missions and higher player population?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Strike Anywhere posted:

Do you guys recommend going anywhere in particular for more concentrated, frequent missions and higher player population?

Player pop is really shard based. It really isn't that difficult to travel overworld, so if you link up with someone in zone, even if you are at SH and they are at TD you're looking at less than 10 minutes of travel time to get there.

You are best off picking a region and sticking with it. Transhub I think is less populated, and since it is a bit out of the way, tends to have missions stick around longer because no one is there doing them. Personally I prefer Thumpdump, the maps ares missions spawn in are conducive for using cover, and not getting stuck in wide open layouts. The only drawback is that in the rare event a SH invasions spawns on your shard you are going to be busting rear end to get down there if you don't catch it when the alert first goes out (there is a timer countdown before the invasion begins to allow people to get there.)

• Locked thread