Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

kittensnype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQrwWkpsEqk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Kittens are so goddamn adorable but their teeth and claws are like needles. They are best.

All cats are best. But kittens are extra adorable/bleedy.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I can't actually get to him though. after about five feet he takes off. otherwise, yeah, that would have been at 5:30 today and i'd be posting about this cat hiding under my couch.

he's not starving. there's a huge bowl of food he's been eating from forever, provided by the sheriff's deputy. he's eating from it now. i'm just trying to get him to warm up a little.

e: hopefully i get a call back and can pick up a cage tomorrow afternoon and get this sorted out.

YO

GET

THAT

CAT

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Luisfe posted:

Kittens are so goddamn adorable but their teeth and claws are like needles. They are best.

never forget, they're killing machines

and so adorable when they find a mouse to rip apart :3:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Luisfe posted:

I have tiny claw/bite marks all over my hands and arms :3:

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Portals posted:

I have tiny claw/bite marks all over my hands and arms :3:

Same but also on my left leg because Trece decided that that is the best way to climb on the bed/chair/is a scratching post.

Luisfe fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 25, 2013

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i may have hallucinated but i swear i saw a little mouse in my kitchen a few days ago. i haven't been able to flush it out and haven't seen or heard from it, so

come on in little floof, there's fresh meat :twisted:

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys
no such thing as over feeding a catte hth

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

I can't actually get to him though. after about five feet he takes off. otherwise, yeah, that would have been at 5:30 today and i'd be posting about this cat hiding under my couch.

he's not starving. there's a huge bowl of food he's been eating from forever, provided by the sheriff's deputy. he's eating from it now. i'm just trying to get him to warm up a little.

e: hopefully i get a call back and can pick up a cage tomorrow afternoon and get this sorted out.

good luck. cages are risky - if he's able to escape as it's snapping closed it'll make him even more wary of you

if the cage doesn't work try laying down as close to him as you can while he's eating & talk to him. keep doing this and he'll get increasingly comfortable with you. when you're finally able to pet him you can gently pick him up

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

beatlegs posted:

if the cage doesn't work try laying down as close to him as you can while he's eating & talk to him. keep doing this and he'll get increasingly comfortable with you. when you're finally able to pet him you can gently pick him up

you might want to use a towel or oven mitts or something.

he will scratch you.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

well if it comes to that i have some excellent silicone oven mitts for maximum kitten grip

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

*me holding a squirming kitten with both hands*

well poo poo now what

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

okay, get a pulley and some rope and a cardboard box. attach the pulley over where the kitten hangs out and suspend the cardboard box with the rope. gently lower the box onto the cat when it's sleeping or something.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

finally a use for the skycrane left behind by the previous owners

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

beatlegs posted:

good luck. cages are risky - if he's able to escape as it's snapping closed it'll make him even more wary of you

I've tried that for MONTHS with a momcat.Months.

She becomes really really excited when she sees me because that means HEY FOOD FOOD I NEED FOOD I AM STARVING. But if I take ONE step towards her after she has meowed to demand her food, she bolts.

I mean she even does the straight-up tailshake when she sees me but does not allow pettings. And yet she loves to rub heads against my cats. Grr.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

or maybe build one of these, but for cats

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

FrozenVent posted:

you might want to use a towel or oven mitts or something.

he will scratch you.

if it's a wild katten yes. if he's been previously owned by someone who didn't abuse him he may just decide to trust fully. lenny was like that, wouldn't let me near him, then after a lot of time spent feeding and talking to him he finally decided I was ok and just flopped on me

well poo poo now what

might want to have a game plan before you get to that point

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

duTrieux. posted:

or maybe build one of these, but for cats

imagine laying out a big one of those and coming back in the morning to a half dozen cats trapped in it

gonna need more litter boxes, i guess

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys
catte heaven

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Morkai posted:

catte heaven

If heaven is then it must have cats

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

well poo poo now what

shoebox, carry to small room with few breakable items, food/water and litter box, let cat out in room

you can't just wing it when it comes to kittens, they're a cunning adversary. you need a plan.

some chinese guy posted:

know thy catte and know thyself and you will not be defeated in a thousand battles

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

duTrieux. posted:

okay, get a pulley and some rope and a cardboard box. attach the pulley over where the kitten hangs out and suspend the cardboard box with the rope. gently lower the box onto the cat when it's sleeping or something.

yeah just like wile e. coyote this will totally work

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

i tire of your incessant whining. bring me nips.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

just leave your door open and cover your floor in turkey. you will get a kitten and also maybe a bonus raccoon

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

Radio! posted:

just leave your door open and cover your floor in turkey. you will get a kitten and also maybe a bonus raccoon

raccoon is not bonus. raccoon is satan on earth.

hail satan

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

so close to a kitler

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

OC w/ purple artifacts, courtesy virtualdub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FJYHWkofhI

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

beatlegs posted:

BOG/Trophy's family was on the Today show!

http://www.today.com/video/today/52563578#52563578

holy lol. i like how no one even comments that one of the kids is dressed like a cat

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

there are a couple of owned kitties that I see lounging outside when I go for an evening walk. I think I'm going to start carrying around a laser pointer.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Carmen got some mail!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ9D0GEjHUE

Thanks golden i, refurb, and dogface! The paw print looks great.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

same
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vepHRiuw0SY

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

hey trophy

also looooool at the end

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

double catte celebrity event is anticlimatic, as it should be

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

double catte celebrity event is anticlimatic, as it should be

feline entertainment daily headline for tomorrow:

trophy snubs refurb fundraiser. beginning of a new celebrity feud?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

loooool

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

drat, trophy's cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
is trophy caught in a perpetual :catstare:?