Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

Los Angeles Targets got flooded with IDW Deluxes today. I suggest anyone picking up Bumblebee take a look at his paint apps before buying. Two of the three I saw today had black paint bleeding over onto the yellow everywhere, and one even had black paint on its face and taillights. One of them was nice and clean, so it's not universal.

And BBTS is behind again. I been waiting for those since May.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Speaking of BBTS, they killed my wallet this week shipping Hexatron, Last Chance, and a Green Ranger.

I was debating dropping the 3P Stunticons, but now I have four of the five. I'm a bit worried about the Motormaster price considering the cars are all out and still no preorder for the big guy.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Phy posted:

And BBTS is behind again. I been waiting for those since May.

BBTS isn't behind, Target's early. Hasbro's placards for the wave in the display cases have said "August '13" at BotCon and SDCC.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Sigh.

I'm never gonna see one of those Jetfire GI Joe sets for less than 4 figures again, am I?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Oooh. I'm not a huge fan of the styling, but since Hasbro doesn't seem to have any intention of releasing an F-22 Starscream that doesn't turn into a throwing star for a robot mode, I'm sold. And it's iGear, so the quality should be good.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

GD_American posted:

Sigh.

I'm never gonna see one of those Jetfire GI Joe sets for less than 4 figures again, am I?

It's not looking good.

http://www.allspark.com/content/view/11376/

quote:

I called HTS to ask about the Crossover Set. I didn't expect much info but figured I would try. The girl I spoke to was very nice, she said all they were told was that there was a lawsuit and that they were not selling them. She would not elaborate or disclose anything else. I explained that I didn't want to stalk the website if they weren't going to release anymore, and she told me that she didn't want to tell me not to keep checking, because you never know, all she knew is that they weren't included with the rest of the items today because of the lawsuit. Take that for what it's worth, I guess.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Knormal posted:

Oooh. I'm not a huge fan of the styling, but since Hasbro doesn't seem to have any intention of releasing an F-22 Starscream that doesn't turn into a throwing star for a robot mode, I'm sold. And it's iGear, so the quality should be good.
That looks based on the IDW Seeker design they used from like 7-20 or so of the ongoing.

I'm sold if they give us a couch potato Thundercracker, drat.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I'm at TFCon early, it's quiet. Too quiet.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
How Raph is it though?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Did you go up with the rest of the Americans, Strangehamster? I'm a Toronto native, but I still won't be up until friday and it's KILLING ME.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

strangehamster posted:

I'll be there tomorrow. (I'll be out touring Toronto till 9ish though)

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

strangehamster posted:

Just grab some booze and hit the water slide.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'll be there tomorrow. (I'll be out touring Toronto till 9ish though)
I might drag him into Toronto if I wake up on time, maybe we can meet up and discuss how all the comic stores are crap.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Well this is probably a huge longshot but if anyone finding a MP Soundwave wants to pick another one up for me I'll happily paypal you the money very fast. :D I have a bad feeling about finding my own...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Well this is probably a huge longshot but if anyone finding a MP Soundwave wants to pick another one up for me I'll happily paypal you the money very fast. :D I have a bad feeling about finding my own...

My buddy went to TRU and said a dude bought two of them and nearly got mauled on his way out of the store.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Spiderdrake posted:

I might drag him into Toronto if I wake up on time, maybe we can meet up and discuss how all the comic stores are crap.

The Hairy Tarantula is still...alright, but the Snail got really bad since the move.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

They're supposed to be one per customer, so that's going to end up being a pretty tall order, I think.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
How long did Metroplex last? Was it minutes because they're releasing an identical figure in japan that comes with decoys. It even has the Chrome face and second gun.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I didn't really pay all that much attention, but about 10 minutes.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SpikeMcclane posted:

I didn't really pay all that much attention, but about 10 minutes.

It makes me question the logic of having such a large exclusive if they're not being produced in that large a number to have large excess. Last year's Bruticus was sort of the same deal, but the Platinum edition they're making is identical. So maybe the Chromed metroplex will make a return later on, since the SDCC one isn't the only one being released with the chromed parts and second gun.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

WendigoJohnson posted:

It makes me question the logic of having such a large exclusive if they're not being produced in that large a number to have large excess. Last year's Bruticus was sort of the same deal, but the Platinum edition they're making is identical. So maybe the Chromed metroplex will make a return later on, since the SDCC one isn't the only one being released with the chromed parts and second gun.

I think the opposite is true. It makes much more sense to produce such a large and expensive toy in small enough numbers that the entire run will sell out. And to be fair, Bruticus sold out much faster than Metroplex did, so clearly they made a substantial number of them.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, I'm sure they are gonna milk that mold as much as they're able, as they did with Bruticus. So I wouldn't be surprised if they redeco it at least once, maybe some minor remold, and probably a similar or straight second run of the SDCC version.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I'd be surprised if we didn't see a Metrotitan repaint. And Japan will probably get some weird-rear end urine-colored clear plastic version or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

I'd be surprised if we didn't see a Metrotitan repaint. And Japan will probably get some weird-rear end urine-colored clear plastic version or something.

Japan will get like 10 repaints. We'll probably get a reissue with the decoys and then a year later another reissue with the second gun.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Japan will get like 10 repaints. We'll probably get a reissue with the decoys and then a year later another reissue with the second gun.

The decoys will likely be the thing that separates the SDCC version from all other versions. Hasbro does not reproduce exclusives exactly for mass release, even if the difference is very minor, like the Classics BotCon Seekers' eventual retail releases.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

The decoys will likely be the thing that separates the SDCC version from all other versions. Hasbro does not reproduce exclusives exactly for mass release, even if the difference is very minor, like the Classics BotCon Seekers' eventual retail releases.

So we'll get some crappy little guys that are badly painted then. I expect the main toy to remain unchanged until they release a 10th anniversary edition of it.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

So we'll get some crappy little guys that are badly painted then. I expect the main toy to remain unchanged until they release a 10th anniversary edition of it.

I really don't think we'll see multiple releases of Metroplex. A Metrotitan repaint is likely, if anything, but Hasbro is not going to overproduce this mold.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

I really don't think we'll see multiple releases of Metroplex. A Metrotitan repaint is likely, if anything, but Hasbro is not going to overproduce this mold.

They're already releasing Chromed Metroplex in other markets with gold/Silver colored Decoy Guys. It's the exact same toy as the SDCC version just with different colored decoys and a different box. Once you open the box the toys are identical.

It's already happened, chances are it's going to happen again. Not only that but the decoys have no Hasbro/takara markings on them, 3rd parties are probably going to use them because guys on message boards want clear purple and clear red plastic decoy guys because a G1 episode used clones or some poo poo or hologram projectors.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 25, 2013

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

WendigoJohnson posted:

They're already releasing Chromed Metroplex in other markets with gold/Silver colored Decoy Guys. It's the exact same toy as the SDCC version just with different colored decoys and a different box. Once you open the box the toys are identical.

But they're not going to re-release Chromed Metroplex in the US market, where that deco is an SDCC exclusive. And they're not going to release him with decoys at retail in the US, and probably not with the second gun. I am 99% sure that we will see the retail release of Metroplex and that will be it, with a possible Metrotitan repaint next year. What they release in other markets is, of course, another story, but I doubt anyone who bought SDCC Metroplex is going to be bent out of shape that a nearly identical package could be obtained at a Chinese convention.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Let's be honest I doubt less than 10 percent of fans who will buy Metroplex would buy a Metrotitan repaint

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

But they're not going to re-release Chromed Metroplex in the US market, where that deco is an SDCC exclusive. And they're not going to release him with decoys at retail in the US, and probably not with the second gun. I am 99% sure that we will see the retail release of Metroplex and that will be it, with a possible Metrotitan repaint next year. What they release in other markets is, of course, another story, but I doubt anyone who bought SDCC Metroplex is going to be bent out of shape that a nearly identical package could be obtained at a Chinese convention.

They're probably going to re-release Chromed Metroplex in Platinum. The line is slated to have 30 releases and we're up to 5 Because it's Omega Supreme, Energon Optimus, Ultra Magnus, Grimlock/Bruticus in the SDCC Deco, and the g1 Predaking re-issue.

We've already got one SDCC deco in Platinum. It also already has a Supreme figure in the line itself.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 25, 2013

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I'm going to buy that mold in whatever is less expensive. Metrotitan, Metroplex, Metronome, I don't care as long as the paint apps are decent.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ka0 posted:

I'm going to buy that mold in whatever is less expensive. Metrotitan, Metroplex, Metronome, I don't care as long as the paint apps are decent.

Paint apps look the same for both with the exception of chromed parts

However take a look at this:

Generations Metroplex has the Generations Numbered system where as SDCC Metroplex has it's own individual one/Transformer Collector Club number graphic. Meaning SDCC Metroplex really isn't part of the generations line to begin with. 01 is also Omega Supreme's Platinum number :shepface:

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 25, 2013

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
01 of 30 collect them all lmao. I cannot fathom the amount of money customs would swindle me out of for that gargantuan box.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

WendigoJohnson posted:

However take a look at this:

I think the regular Metroplex has one of it's arms removed and positioned somewhere else in the box to make it fit in the smaller one in that picture. Most of the SDCC box is bullshit.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ka0 posted:

01 of 30 collect them all lmao. I cannot fathom the amount of money customs would swindle me out of for that gargantuan box.

The scary thing is Platinum will have 30 figures. And there's already three that have an MSRP of over 100 bucks. Predaking is a re-issue, Bruticus and grimlock is a two pack, and Omega Supreme is a retool, what are the chances they decide to bestow upon people Golden Age Primus recolor or a 4th Supreme Unicron? You could possibly spend close to 3 thousand bucks for the Platinum line in total.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I was hoping MP Soundwave wouldn't hit shelves for a few more weeks, at least until I got over to the US. If he's out now, I have to coerce friends to visit TRUs for me, and shell out $120 :/

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Peter Bazooka posted:

How Raph is it though?

I never post here but this is one of the funniest god damned things in my near 10 years on SA.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

GD_American posted:

Let's be honest I doubt less than 10 percent of fans who will buy Metroplex would buy a Metrotitan repaint

Well we are talking about a company that said "Yeah we should make a Masterpiece Acid Storm".

Not that I disagree, I would love some Acid Stormyness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Local Toys R Us in Michigan is already out of stock of MP Soundwave, the lady said they should be getting more, probably on Saturday.