Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

After spending upwards of 12 hours researching luggage last November and probably another 12 hours over the past few days, trying to figure out whether I wanted to buy a $50 carry on or spend up to $150, I finally realized that the 22" $150 would probably be too big and that I should get a 20" carry on. Lo and behold, I was able to get the 20" version of the 22" for $110 on discount, and it's a HELL of a lot better than many of the $90 options I was looking at, everywhere from Target to TJ Maxx to Nordstrom Rack to Macy's to eBags.

Behold, the Travelpro FlightCrew 4 20" Rollaboard, literally a perfectly designed piece of engineering.

Where did you end up getting it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

Clip-in bangs. One of my wigs suffered an unfortunate hack job when I tried to trim its bangs so I'm hoping these will conceal some of the damage. :saddowns:

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
I don't normally do pre-orders this early but Del Toro said there's going to be about half an hour of extra footage and hilarious amounts of making-of stuff on the blu-ray, so welp. (Movie poster since the actual blu-ray cover isn't available yet.)

Also, because I love the artists who Del Toro works with, the artbook.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

A gopro hero 2 motorsports edition, cause I need videos of all these twisties :unsmigghh:

Also extra mounts, cause I got the gopro off CL and it was missing the adhesive mounts and the directional pivot.

It works loving great, and I got a really good deal on everything. :toot:

Oh right, also a new helmet

M42 has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Jul 23, 2013

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
A familiar bedside Kangaroo to keep my odds and ends in. (Not my picture)

Vintage from 1956, just won the eBay auction. Very happy about it.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Coffee And Pie posted:

Perfect place to store your various rear end-watches. loving rad.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Adding to my ever-growing shaving collection:

Now my morning shave is even more :black101:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Just bought this little sweetness from Google:

When you factor in three free months of Netflix, it was only ~$18 after shipping and tax.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

DrBouvenstein posted:

When you factor in three free months of Netflix, it was only ~$18 after shipping and tax.

Ordered one too. So awesome.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

OptimusMatrix posted:

Ordered one too. So awesome.

In for one as well.

VVV Noooooo :arghfist:

PaganGoatPants has a new favorite as of 21:52 on Jul 24, 2013

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Amazon has it as well if you've Prime and enjoy spending less money.

MistahBread
Feb 23, 2007
Yes Sah!

Bunk Rogers posted:

Amazon has it as well if you've Prime and enjoy spending less money.

Do you know if purchasing of Amazon still gives you the Netflix free months?

Just ordered one as well - had to use Amazon since I am not in the States and it wasn't available otherwise :P Hopefully it still works, ho ho.

MistahBread has a new favorite as of 22:12 on Jul 24, 2013

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

MistahBread posted:

Do you know if purchasing of Amazon still gives you the Netflix free months?

Just ordered one as well - had to use Amazon since I am not in the States and it wasn't available otherwise :P Hopefully it still works, ho ho.

It said it did when I ordered mine a few hours ago. Google's page also links to amazon and it doesn't say anything about the 3 months not coming.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
My ZeroLemon battery isn't working out for me. I swapped back to my original battery to confirm, and the ZL one is definitely ruining my mobile signal somehow. So I'm sending it back, and so I don't have to worry about my phone dying while I'm out, I'm replacing it with this:

An Anker Astro3E 10000mAh power bank. It costs more or less the same, so I'll about break even when the refund for the ZL battery goes through. They're making as difficult for me as possible, so a word of warning if you want to send your battery back after you've had it for more than 30 days: do not wait that long.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Bought a new Casio watch... check it out

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.

CrackSpider posted:

My ZeroLemon battery isn't working out for me. I swapped back to my original battery to confirm, and the ZL one is definitely ruining my mobile signal somehow. So I'm sending it back, and so I don't have to worry about my phone dying while I'm out, I'm replacing it with this:

An Anker Astro3E 10000mAh power bank. It costs more or less the same, so I'll about break even when the refund for the ZL battery goes through. They're making as difficult for me as possible, so a word of warning if you want to send your battery back after you've had it for more than 30 days: do not wait that long.

I have one of these - it's pretty great except for the little curly usb connector that it came with. It's pretty loose in the usb connector on my phone (no other usb connectors are like this so it's definitely the anker one being lovely).

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Athenry posted:

It said it did when I ordered mine a few hours ago. Google's page also links to amazon and it doesn't say anything about the 3 months not coming.

Engadget specifically mentions that you still get 3 free months of Nextflix if you purchase it on amazon.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Wayne Gretzky posted:

Bought a new Casio watch... check it out

Al-Qaeda spotted :cripes:

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

DrBouvenstein posted:

A part of me wants this but I have an Apple TV with Crystalbuntu so I have no use for it. drat you Google!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Troll Bridgington posted:

Adding to my ever-growing shaving collection:

Now my morning shave is even more :black101:

Link?

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Daimo posted:

Al-Qaeda spotted :cripes:

Yeah some body just told me about that and now I'm super bummed out :(

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Wayne Gretzky posted:

Yeah some body just told me about that and now I'm super bummed out :(

Woah woah wait, I wear this watch every day. What's the story behind this?

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Parker SR1 Stainless Steel Straight Edge Razor

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

App13 posted:

Woah woah wait, I wear this watch every day. What's the story behind this?

It's commonly used in the making of bombs by terrorist groups, as it's cheap and reliable. I've also heard even buying one can put you on a watchlist, but I'm sure that's just a myth.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's commonly used in the making of bombs by terrorist groups, as it's cheap and reliable. I've also heard even buying one can put you on a watchlist, but I'm sure that's just a myth.

NSA are coming. :tinfoil:

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

Well hey, now I know what to do with this if I ever replace it.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Coffee And Pie posted:

Only if you aren't white, though :)

transient
Apr 7, 2005
Adult car! 328i

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Oh lord, you said "watchlist" and I can't tell whether or not it was intentional. :downsrim:

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Saw a trailer for the new How to train your dragon movie and my son was really into it so I decided to go ahead and grab the first one. Plus he's nuts for Cars so I threw the second in too.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

I would love that little thing, problem is I already have a box for streaming stuff from my pc, and it handles netflix natively.

This looks so much easier to use :(

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Best purchase I've seen in this thread in ages. Love it and SUPER jealous. Let me know if you ever come across another one, ha!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

My local Best Buy goofed mega hard and let me choose in store pickup for tonight. Because they said it was available, the dude went out back and took it off the truck that pulled in twenty minutes earlier. Stoked.

UPDATE: Oh my god I love this thing

Tim Whatley has a new favorite as of 01:46 on Jul 26, 2013

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

$12 hardcover with dustjacket at Half Price Books. Plus, it's signed by Sully. :swoon:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Tim Whatley posted:

My local Best Buy goofed mega hard and let me choose in store pickup for tonight. Because they said it was available, the dude went out back and took it off the truck that pulled in twenty minutes earlier. Stoked.

:argh:

You can't by chance pull up any TV streaming websites can you?

MistahBread
Feb 23, 2007
Yes Sah!

Tim Whatley posted:

Damnit man, tell us more! ;)

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

SaltLick posted:

:argh:

You can't by chance pull up any TV streaming websites can you?

Someone on twitter confirmed Twitch works on it with no stuttering or lag. I don't see why it wouldn't work that well with other sites of similar nature.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark
I picked one up at Best Buy about 2 hours ago. You can stream local media from your chrome browser too by either using C:\ in the nav box or using ctrl+o. I found that live youtube events don't work yet.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Caitlin posted:

Best purchase I've seen in this thread in ages. Love it and SUPER jealous. Let me know if you ever come across another one, ha!

Thank you! Just check out eBay, there are usually floating around in the $20-30 range. I lucked out with mine, only $18! "Pulp Fiction kangaroo" ought to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

transient posted:

Adult car! 328i

Nice! I have an E90 328i sport/premium, and previously had an E46 330i sport. Loved both, and I can only imagine the new ones have gotten better. I'm probably going old-school with my next car though - looking at a 2003 540i 6sp M-Tech.

I picked up a set of two Stool_ONEs by Konstantin Grcic for Magis at 50% off. I don't have any room for them at the moment so I'm letting the store continue to use them as displays. You could say my furniture addiction has gone beyond the saturation point.

I have a tall, round Burdick Group table hiding in another building around town that I plan to pair them up with.

• Locked thread