Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Abbeh posted:

What are those funny grey lumps in the back yard?

:holy: baby bunnies! I'm not even upset the mom ate our strawberries and asparagus.

You can always pay her back by eating her babies. :chef: Just kidding sort of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

"Insecure dogs don't bite" - Cesar Millan

:allears:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

cryingscarf posted:

That's strange because he's certainly been bitten by enough insecure dogs. He's such a loving idiot.

Totally unrelated but my dad just sent me info on a Finnish Spitz that's up for rehoming because she's allowed out for long stretches and barks at wildlife (which...is what they do). He's always making fun of me for looking at rescue dogs and then he's like OH LOOK YOU COULD HAVE THIS ONE. And its like "oh my god, she's 5, being in an apartment might remove a lot of the stimulus etc" but like I don't have the cash or resources for a second dog who might be a problem barker.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I was reading the wiki article on him to see how he got famous. Another TV idiot. I love this one

quote:

Millan encourages owners to give affection, but to give affection when the dog is in a balanced state of mind, not when the dog is fearful, anxious, avoidant or excited

I guess giving my fearful 10lb dog encouragement when scared of walking past a group of strange men was the wrong thing to do! Never mind he actually did walk past them after some kind words from me!

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

cheese eats mouse posted:

I was reading the wiki article on him to see how he got famous. Another TV idiot. I love this one

I guess giving my fearful 10lb dog encouragement when scared of walking past a group of strange men was the wrong thing to do! Never mind he actually did walk past them after some kind words from me!

No you are not being THE ALPHA. Make sure you drag your fearful dog past the thing its afraid on while it nearly chokes, urinates on itself, or exhibits really extreme calming behaviors. Then roll the dog over. Then it knows not to be afraid.

i will take all your moneys and a licensing deal now

hhgtrillian
Jan 23, 2004

DOGS IN SPACE

cheese eats mouse posted:

So wrong. The right answer is always alpha roll. You get busy alpha rolling your tiny dog.

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

hhgtrillian posted:

So wrong. The right answer is always alpha roll. You get busy alpha rolling your tiny dog.

My dog rolls over in submission when I walk in the room and then stares at me until he gets tummy rubs. Am I a good alpha since I don't even have to roll him?

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

hhgtrillian posted:

I alpha rolled him and found him doing this later. I think I might have caused some serious depression guys.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

cryingscarf posted:

Lmao hahah there is a very morbidly curious part of me that desperately wants to see how well his poo poo would go over with Griff

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
My friend went to the dog park yesterday. A bus pulled up full of special ed kids for a field trip. To the dog park. The kids started tugging on her GSD so obviously she left immediately.

Who takes a field trip to a dog park? Did they imagine it was a doggy zoo?

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

Superconsndar posted:

Lmao hahah there is a very morbidly curious part of me that desperately wants to see how well his poo poo would go over with Griff

I say go for it 'cause there's a chance Griff would kill him and end his stupidity. :allears: Logically I know that's not the best way to go about it, but my inner child has demands.

I literally saw someone alpha roll their Pomeranian in the park for barking at Shadow one time. I gave them the most :psyduck: reaction I could. But by golly that Pom stopped barking so it must be a good technique! :downs:

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Superconsndar posted:

I always have this thought because in my perfect world, Psyche would bite him and everyone would go 'Ooooh, maybe this guy is an idiot!'. Then I remember that there are already videos of him getting bit for being stupid and no one cares. :(

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Superconsndar posted:

I will happily petition to have Cesar come "evaluate" griff. Please run your own camera's so we can see the jackass being eaten.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

I think there's a good chance that his techniques would "fix" her - i.e. completely shut her down into a broken husk of a dog that never reacts to anything ever again - and he would see it as a victory. :smith: Hopefully she'd get some good mauling in before that happened, though.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Shifty Pony posted:

Texas PI meet! Too bad the state is 1k miles across :(

Central TX PI meet?

Dis would be a thing I'd do. Everyone can see how tiny the Shibas are and how cray cray as well. :v

And yes, Texas is weird. I've been here for 8 years and I'm still a fish out of water.

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Waco has a nice dog park! I've also seen billboards advertising one opening in West as part of a travel stop soon. Kolaches and dogs, what could be better?

Thebesssssssssssst

On another note, the Japanese Festival is happening again in late September if any TXGoons want to trek to Dallas. Snug some sheebs. Akitas, too.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Siochain posted:

I will happily petition to have Cesar come "evaluate" griff. Please run your own camera's so we can see the jackass being eaten.

The first half of the episode would be Griff screaming and then the other half would be him trying to wave his arms with Griff attached to one and trying to alpha roll her while she's attached.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Super, please make Cesar come to your house so you can cackle madly while Griff eats him. Please. Pretty please.

wtftastic posted:

The first half of the episode would be Griff screaming and then the other half would be him trying to wave his arms with Griff attached to one and trying to alpha roll her while she's attached.

I actually hope she goes for his nads.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

I'm the first to line up to hate on Cesar, but the funny thing is that he's broke and he no longer has a TV show. He's definitely still a thing, but he's impotent compared to the reach he had when he was plastered all over Nat Geo.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

a life less posted:

I'm the first to line up to hate on Cesar, but the funny thing is that he's broke and he no longer has a TV show. He's definitely still a thing, but he's impotent compared to the reach he had when he was plastered all over Nat Geo.

Well I'm glad he's no longer got much of a platform (do they run reruns?)and I'm surprised he's broke.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

wtftastic posted:

Well I'm glad he's no longer got much of a platform (do they run reruns?)and I'm surprised he's broke.

"Bad business decisions" apparently. Despite all his work on the show, he owned the rights to about 0% of it. He also tried to commit suicide in 2010. He's had a rough time of things. I think now he's trying to recoup some cash by offering training at his facility.

I'm sure his name will live on in reruns for a very long time.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Doesn't he have that "Leader of the Pack" show going on overseas now or something?

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYQaH-kCA38

Maybe the lack of money is why he is advertising for samsung now too. Apparently TSSSCHT is also useful in getting photos of your dog.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Waco has a nice dog park! I've also seen billboards advertising one opening in West as part of a travel stop soon. Kolaches and dogs, what could be better?

Can I come even if I don't bring an animal :ohdear: I mean Sadie would be pisssssssed.

WolfensteinBag posted:

Speaking of Texas, does anyone have any recommendations for a groomer near Austin? I have a client who is supposed to be moving out there, and the lady is distraught over having to find a new groomer, new doctors, etc, so I thought if I could at least get her started with a groomer, she'll feel a little better. :( I think she MIGHT even be considering leaving her husband, this is how little she wants to move from IL. :ssh:

I will ask my neighbor. She's pretty connected to the world of Austin dogs so hopefully she'll have a good rec. Does she also need boarding and vet recommendations?

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

That because Texas is poo poo.

On the whole... yup. Texas is awful but there are some good areas. Also kolaches.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Great, my neighbor's aggressive as gently caress pit is off his chain again and they still haven't bothered to fix the hole in their fence :psyduck: I'm legitimately surprised no one's shot the dog yet.

a life less posted:

"Bad business decisions" apparently. Despite all his work on the show, he owned the rights to about 0% of it. He also tried to commit suicide in 2010. He's had a rough time of things. I think now he's trying to recoup some cash by offering training at his facility.

He's an rear end in a top hat but that's pretty sad :smith:

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

My puppy dun got new collars :3:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

a life less posted:

I heard about the suicide attempt, but I didn't realize it was that recent.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Superconsndar posted:

I mean, if she's going to get euthed for HA, she might as take that idiot with her. Take a video of Griff pitching a tantrum and send it to him with a pleading letter cobbled together from bits of pit bull rescue lady essays.

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy

Triangulum posted:

He's an rear end in a top hat but that's pretty sad :smith:

It's okay, though, because "To come back from his low, he told the AP, he opted for his much-preached pack-dog wisdom instead of anti-depressants, and used exercise, discipline and affection to heal. Constant work helped a lot too, he said."

From this article

He just alpha rolled himself a bunch and now he's all better and not depressed anymore. You don't need anti-depressants, just be the pack leader!!!!!

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Nione posted:

It's okay, though, because "To come back from his low, he told the AP, he opted for his much-preached pack-dog wisdom instead of anti-depressants, and used exercise, discipline and affection to heal. Constant work helped a lot too, he said."

From this article

He just alpha rolled himself a bunch and now he's all better and not depressed anymore. You don't need anti-depressants, just be the pack leader!!!!!

Cool, so he's decided he's now a professional in mental health too?

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
Jesus, he's broke and tried to off himself. I...I legit feel bad for making fun of him on an internet comedy website.

Then again, I may just be inured to him and his methods at this point from working with clients.

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy

Serella posted:

Cool, so he's decided he's now a professional in mental health too?

Hahaha, just found this article.

quote:

While confined to a psychiatric hospital, Millan discovered that many of the patients were fans of his.

“The patients there knew me. They didn't trust the psychologists, but they trusted me. So they wanted Cesar to be in the consultations." he explained. “So I became their pack leader.”

But, guys, I'm sure all this publicity has nothing at all to do with his documentary about The REAL Cesar and speaking tour. It's because he owes it to his fans to come clean. And help them with their dogs mental health problems.

At first, I felt bad, suicide is not funny and I have a lot of friends and family who have struggled with depression, but the more I read the more I'm convinced this is just more of the same bullshit.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
My dog ate my wallet yesterday and I was really mad and I yelled at her but now I'm mostly just glad she didn't get any coins stuck in her throat/gut. Stupid dog.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

hhgtrillian posted:

My dog sneezes whenever she is on her back. Should I alpha roll her to get her to stop?!

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

El Jebus posted:

My dog sneezes whenever she is on her back. Should I alpha roll her to get her to stop?!

No, the dog is clearly already in alpha roll position but is mocking you with her sneezes. To teach her to respect your leadership, you need to crab walk and TSSCHT her neck.

Or you could just pee on her.

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FXU2NLPE_s

Stan enjoys being kept time on. He'll chill like that for as long as my boyfriend plays. I had to poke his butt in the beginning so it wouldn't just look like he was dead.

hhgtrillian
Jan 23, 2004

DOGS IN SPACE

cryingscarf posted:

...you need to crab walk and TSSCHT her neck.

Wow. This just made some sense to me. My newest cat who is the only female likes to go up and yell at the other cats necks. She will go right up to them and make this horrible little noise with her nose pushed right to their jugular. I should really try to get a video sometime. Oh, and if she isn't doing it to their necks, she's doing it to their buttholes. She's weird and gross.

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.
Fionna had a good time in the Outer Banks this past June. She was terrified of the water, but she really enjoyed chilling at the vacation house.

I feel so terrible for saying bad things about her yesterday. :( I was in a bad state of mind and everything seemed much more terrible than it was. I kind of took it out on the dog a little, I think. She just needs to get back on track with her house training. She's a good dog. I closed my thread about her, I'll just update anything about her here. I can't believe I even let the thought cross my mind to give her up, ugh. It really shows what a bad state of mind I was in. My mom screaming "WELL ARE YOU READY TO GET RID OF HER YET?!?!" :byodame: Didn't help matters at all. I'm so sorry puppy. :(

Azrael Alexander fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 26, 2013

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Don't worry, it is okay to feel overwhelmed at times, especially when it comes to possible medical problems :sympathy: Hopefully whatever it is is just an easy medical fix or a stage and she will be all better soon. I love her goofy squinty smile.

Speaking of pits, one of my fb friends posted this wonderful status:
"Dogs have about 100 different facial expressions, most of them made with the ears. Unfortunately, bulldogs and pitbulls only have 10, due to their breeding. Therefore, these dogs easily get misinterpreted by other dogs and often get into fights."

There are no sources and the numbers are so wtf that I assume its a bullshit statistic. Anyone know more about this?

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

cryingscarf posted:

Don't worry, it is okay to feel overwhelmed at times, especially when it comes to possible medical problems :sympathy: Hopefully whatever it is is just an easy medical fix or a stage and she will be all better soon. I love her goofy squinty smile.

Speaking of pits, one of my fb friends posted this wonderful status:
"Dogs have about 100 different facial expressions, most of them made with the ears. Unfortunately, bulldogs and pitbulls only have 10, due to their breeding. Therefore, these dogs easily get misinterpreted by other dogs and often get into fights."

There are no sources and the numbers are so wtf that I assume its a bullshit statistic. Anyone know more about this?

The pits I've seen on here are some of the most facially expressive pets I've seen in this subforum. The only thing that bothers me about pit expressions is when their ears are cropped and they always look like they're pinned back, but that applies to a lot of dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

If we ever make it back to the greatest commonwealth from Texas that would be grand. I go back on occasion here and there, sans dogs though.

Unfortunately I think the earliest the dogs would ever get to Virginia would be in 2017 when we leave Nebraska if we get stationed at Langley or something (but I'm not complaining about Nebraska... it was almost Okinawa. Eegh.). Speaking of which, any PI goons in Omaha? We're moving there next summer out of this godforsaken state. Being a non-native Texan in Texas is not particularly enjoyable. People here are... odd.

BSL in Omaha is amazingly terrible and if you have a "dangerous dog breed" they either need to get their Canine Good Citizen or be on a muzzle at all times. When I say that I mean when pit rescues go to any sort of event, their dogs must be muzzled, scaring off a lot of potential adopters. Also have fun trying to find a place to rent. Luckily you seem to have ACDs which pose no bite risk at all.

• Locked thread