Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Holy crap, I chuckled lightly at a lemons joke.

Gigi Digi's a goddamned wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

TwoPair posted:

Quick, Cucumber! Order a pizza!

At this point Cucumber and Double Night organizing a truce over deep dish and mutual apathy could be a funny ending that I would be satisfied with.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if nightmare knight is going to try to negotiate with Cucumber and co. I don't think his heart's in this whole thing, and maybe he has ulterior motives.

Razorwired posted:

At this point Cucumber and Double Night organizing a truce over deep dish and mutual apathy could be a funny ending that I would be satisfied with.
It's going to depend on what kind of apathetic the big guy is. He could also be just deciding to have the final boss fight three discs ahead of schedule, at least if he's sick of this whole schtick but still has enough hope in him to think it'll change things. Apathy and a lack of enthusiasm don't necessarily make you a GOOD guy, just one that doesn't overgloat when he stomps on things.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I would suspect that this isn't really the Nightmare Knight, except we're far too early in the plot for the Disaster Master who relies on deception, and Noisemaster definitely isn't subtle enough for that.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
It is time.
For...
NIGHTMARE KNIGHT LIMBOOOOOOOOO

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Akett posted:

Holy crap, I chuckled lightly at a lemons joke.

Gigi Digi's a goddamned wizard.

quote:

Optimism Log 101 – When life gives you lemons, squeeze them into your eyes

Lost it at "Optimism Log" - how can one person be so consistently funny?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-372/

Well, Cucumber's reaction wasn't completely unexpected, really.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The Nightmare Knight seems so disappointed. :(

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I'm kinda hoping Double Night just gives Cucumber the key to the door because it's more convenient for everybody.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Dr Pepper posted:

The Nightmare Knight seems so disappointed. :(

If it was your job to make the hero look good, wouldn't you be, too?

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Actually let out a loud laugh at work over Cabbage's testimonial.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Nonbaka posted:

Actually let out a loud laugh at work over Cabbage's testimonial.

Same. He's just such a big jerkface.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Gigi put up a drawing of Nautilus (then known as Princess Seashell) that she did at age 15:

It is all the animes

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Zeeman posted:

Gigi put up a drawing of Nautilus (then known as Princess Seashell) that she did at age 15:

It is all the animes

Oh my God, it's like deviantart vomited on Nautilus.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
linked in the latest q&a:

help

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If thighmaster doesn't become canon I will be disappointed.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
Gigi added some sketches on her tumblr and obviously this was the best one:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Gigi added some sketches on her tumblr and obviously this was the best one:

It's so uguu.

If she does "parody style" sketches of characters, I would love to see her draw some of the characters in the Fist of the North Star style. It's practically an artistic tradition at this point, and makes every character look hilarious. I also want to see it just to see if she could pull it off.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-373/

I really want to see Nightmare Knight's limbo-zone attire.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I realize limbo is about seeing how low you can go, but Nautilus raises the bar yet again for being amazing. We've only seen a peak of Piano, true, but Nautilus is going to be a hard act for any of the autographers to follow.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am completely digging the new banner. At least, I think it's new?

Seriously, though, gigi's constantly changing banners are amazing.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Go on, Cucumber, ask him "why?". Why does he go along with that stupid "destroying the kingdoms" plot despite having failed like a hundred times before? Get some insight into your nemesis. Also we could use some exposition while Almond and Carrot are off having interesting adventures.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Quick Nautilus, summon your Limbo Dimension!
Goshdang Gigi is the best thing to happen to webcomics.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Cuco's gotten a lot tougher! Two chapters ago he'd have fainted dead away at this point.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh god Nautilus is the best. Like, I wasn't completely sure until now but yeah, she is. At least until someone else gets to be the best which happens often in this comic.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
... Okay, no. There is no way they can take this guy. Not even through comical misadventures. Comical Misadventures are powerful stuff, but that, right there, is a tiny sun. I can't think of any problems that can't be solved by a well-hurled sun, except problems that involve a larger sun.

I think this is the part where they apologize to the nice Ultimate Evil for being so impolite. This is just a big misunderstanding between perfectly reasonable people. It doesn't have to end with anyone getting hit by a Final Boss Supermove.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
No it's all right. The heroes always survive the unwinnable boss-fight. Either because they "aren't worth his time to finish off" or because someone powerful and friendly swoops in to rescue them at the last second, or because they get thrown off a cliff/under rubble/into something else that "no one could survive". Really what's surprising is when someone doesn't survive this type of encounter.

Nightmare Knight seems too smart for the first one and is probably going to take precautions against the third, so my bet is that any second now they'll be saved by...Bacon?

Ok yeah they're boned.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Heavy Zed posted:

No it's all right. The heroes always survive the unwinnable boss-fight. Either because they "aren't worth his time to finish off" or because someone powerful and friendly swoops in to rescue them at the last second, or because they get thrown off a cliff/under rubble/into something else that "no one could survive". Really what's surprising is when someone doesn't survive this type of encounter.

Nightmare Knight seems too smart for the first one and is probably going to take precautions against the third, so my bet is that any second now they'll be saved by...Bacon?

Ok yeah they're boned.

I can see Nightmare Knight getting exasperated over Bacon being there and just leaving, especially since it seems his heart just isn't into this whole taking over the world only to be overthrown by a plucky band of heroes business.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Nightmare Knight is just a hater in general. He's totally going to take over the world, but he's going to be a rear end in a top hat to everyone as well.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nautilus is on exactly the right track here. They need to make sure this is a Battle, since if someone is reduced to 0 hp in a battle they're just 'knocked out'. Whereas in a cutscene characters can actually die.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

... Okay, no. There is no way they can take this guy. Not even through comical misadventures. Comical Misadventures are powerful stuff, but that, right there, is a tiny sun.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-375/

Wrap it up, guys. Thread over.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Thanks for the memories, gigi. :patriot:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Looks like they're in a pickle.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FedoraDefender420 posted:

Looks like they're in a pickle.

We don't need to know about your OC.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, I think that wraps up most of the plot threads nicely. We'll probably get a Cabbage epilogue and that's it.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Blackheart posted:

Well, I think that wraps up most of the plot threads nicely. We'll probably get a Cabbage epilogue and that's it.

It's gonna be real dark and post apocalyptic she'll be all grizzled have like and eye patch and a robot hand and be all like "Rar! you killed my brother!" ke-chop!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cabbage, not Almond.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
It's obviously setup to actually launch CUKE OR DIE II: CUKE HARDER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Waffleman_ posted:

Cabbage, not Almond.

It's a shame I can't read your correction over the post-apocolyptic internet that's totally going on right now, too busy installing a carrot toothed chainsaw on this dirt bike made of candy. Apocalypse candy.