Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Super late, but I, Wazzu, Oath to paint the following 3 models before the end of July
They are:
Skinsaw Man (Reaper)
Tuco (Malifaux)
Weaver Widow (Malifaux)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010
I, tasty food, oath a reaper bone in 28mm for July

The donors,

:siren: The oath :siren:

Gomo
Mar 26, 2012
:frogsiren: Oath complete! :frogsiren:

Themed Iron Warriors of chaosy marine origins.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Claiming the Speed Painting point!

Also Claiming the Box Art point!

Gomo
Mar 26, 2012

krushgroove posted:

:siren: ATTENTION PRIZEWINNERS :siren:

All your loot is in the post as of tomorrow :)

EXCEPT:
Under 15
Gomo
Icon Of Sin

^^^ you guys need to get me your details so I can have your awesome new brushes sent to you :)

Please PM me or email me at krushgroove169 at gmail with your deets!

Just wanted to make sure you got my email with my shipping info. Please let me know if not. Thanks!

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

I'm claiming Themed Group for this, as well as the Detektuv's Jurnal I re-posed the commander's arm, as seen in my original post and again below.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

God drat, that scheme is hot as gently caress. And you went and did the reflections and all.

poo poo's badass.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
Holy poo poo that is an awesome scheme.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Fix posted:

God drat, that scheme is hot as gently caress. And you went and did the reflections and all.

poo poo's badass.

Reflections are just a piece of white plexi. I don't really deserve any credit for that.

Thanks for the color scheme love. I based it off playing far too much mass effect 3 and some guy's scheme on warseer that's very similar. (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?374586-Kroeger-paints-some-Tau)

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Booley posted:

Reflections are just a piece of white plexi. I don't really deserve any credit for that.

Horse poo poo. I didn't track down any white plexi for my white models and photograph them from the proper angle with proper lighting to get the right effect. You did good work picking the final display of your models, best suited to fit the clean aesthetic you chose when you set out. You did a real good job. Now drill your barrels and clean up your base rims.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Gomo posted:

Just wanted to make sure you got my email with my shipping info. Please let me know if not. Thanks!

I don't have a PM or email from you (and your brushes are literally sitting right next to me right now) so please drop me a line! krushgroove169 at gmail or I have PMs.

Icon of Sin - you, too! I can't get the Games & Gears brushes to the other 3 prizewinners until I get your details, so please get in touch!

Fix posted:

Horse poo poo. I didn't track down any white plexi for my white models and photograph them from the proper angle with proper lighting to get the right effect. You did good work picking the final display of your models, best suited to fit the clean aesthetic you chose when you set out. You did a real good job. Now drill your barrels and clean up your base rims.

I was going to say the same about the bases, but in the painting thread he did say he's waiting on some resin bases for those figures. I do agree with the drilling of the barrels, though, but the green Tau seem to get away with not having anything drilled, at least to my eye.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

krushgroove posted:

I was going to say the same about the bases, but in the painting thread he did say he's waiting on some resin bases for those figures. I do agree with the drilling of the barrels, though, but the green Tau seem to get away with not having anything drilled, at least to my eye.

I was going to call Avocado on it earlier. I'm always reluctant on the high-tech races, when I don't know if what is being emitted is actually slug or laser fire. Do you drill a melta gun? It's microwaves!

The point is that effort paid off. Good job efforting.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

The points for Good Start, You Missed A Bit, etc., will be calculated at the end of the year, I believe.

This is correct: my spreadhseet will automagically do math and reward points for these without the need to get people to explicitly claim them. (It's just a matter of counting how many of 12 specific cells have content.)

tasty food posted:

The donors,

:siren: The oath :siren:

What have you done! :stonk: that is one sexy bearded pirate ladyman

Fix posted:

Also Claiming the Box Art point!

Hey his pants are the wrong color!

Naw but I guess this is close enough, point awarded

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Finally getting around to this, even though I won't have any time to paint until next week:

I, krushgroove, do hereby solemnly oath that I will paint this Privateer Press Skarlock Thrall for the month of July!

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

Arlaharen posted:

I, Arlaharen, oath Midas and six Razor Boars from Privateer Press for July

Oath addition! Oathing one Road Hog, four Bone Grinders and one Brigand Shaman from Privateer Press

Finally got the conversion done for the jurnal. I might have hosed up the before picture though since I didn't want to do the entire arm replacement after putting the model together :ohdear:

"Before" pic with original shoulder and fist to the side:

Original sculpt here for comparison

After sculpting (including a brand new arm pit).

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Oath Completed

I would like to claim Cut and Swap Journal as well as In Battle! with these photos.

Both my Vindicator and the Techmarine on the field!

Assault Marines about to get owned by a Ripetide

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I JesusIsTehCool summit this AFTER photo for approval of my oathed Tech Marine

Original Post

Close up of the changes:

legs bent back more to better fit bike

left hand is now a clamp

backpack has servo arms attached

I know my before hasn't be approved yet but yesterday and today were the days I had time to work on stuff so if there was an issue I will just do something else later in the month.

Not my best work but I am having a busy month. Hopefully August will bring with it more hobby time.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
I started by taking a set of blunderbuss arms from a GW Empire kit, and a GW Space Marine Scout Biker arm.

Let's rotate the wrist holding that blunderbuss, remove the hand from under the gun, and take the Space Marine's hand.

Then I took the legs from an Empire Outrider. The horse just seems too fancy for what I have planned...

Although this fancy hat will do just fine. Better cut that ugly head away.

And put it all together on a Tamiya mule model. :banjo:

:hist101: I, Tadhg, Oath to paint this... drunk guy on a mule! :hist101:

He's going to be the mounted general for my Stirland Empire army. :v:

Siili
Dec 27, 2012
I, Siili, oath one lonely GW high elf archer.

Cut off the hand to replace the broken bow with a fancy wood elf bow.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Tadhg posted:

I started by taking a set of blunderbuss arms from a GW Empire kit, and a GW Space Marine Scout Biker arm.

Let's rotate the wrist holding that blunderbuss, remove the hand from under the gun, and take the Space Marine's hand.

Then I took the legs from an Empire Outrider. The horse just seems too fancy for what I have planned...

Although this fancy hat will do just fine. Better cut that ugly head away.

And put it all together on a Tamiya mule model. :banjo:

:hist101: I, Tadhg, Oath to paint this... drunk guy on a mule! :hist101:

He's going to be the mounted general for my Stirland Empire army. :v:

That's awesome!

I owe you a prize, dammit!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren: I add Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator and the Black 13th to my July oath! :siren:

These are both Privateer Press.

:siren: I also make an Alternate Universe Oath of 3 Defilers, 2 Ripjaws, 2 Deathrippers, and 2 Nightwretches :siren:
These are all Privateer Press.

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
I, Illudere, oath 10 Gondorian Spearmen in 10mm from Copplestone Castings.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Time to GET YOUR OATHS IN TODAY! Today's the last day to Oath, because it's the 24th and 24+7=31. You need go get your oaths in by midnight, British Summer Time. That's in seven hours and forty minutes from this post's timestamp!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Completed!

Close-ups of each one:

I have completed the Cut and Swap goal. Any of the last three would qualify, and I posted them earlier, but if I had to choose one I would pick:

or the shield drone.

This group also is a Themed Group

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Cutting and swapping has been done.

Here's a Redemptionist Confessor...

... and swap head and arms and we have an Imperial Guard Commissar.

(It's a slight adjustment)

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Harkano posted:

I Harkano, oath this Privateer Press Trollblood Mountain King for the month of July.

Oath Completed!

Edit: Adding one time bonus In Battle!

Harkano fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 29, 2013

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Well, I am a little behind with all the rules and crazy new things. But I missed some months already, and I want to get back into oathing. At least I don't have to min-max for all the little points since I am quite out of the running by now. Maybe I can just... paint. What a concept.

I WhiteOutMouse oath 4 of the long aegis defence line walls *Games Workshop.

I add 5 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch to my Oath. Games Workshop OOP metal 25mm miniatures. Themeded Group, I believe.

*Bigger*
Chopped and swapped some arms and horns.

I got the models from a goon and sadly they came without any of the arms or horns that are not apart of the base model. I had leftover plastic arms from my Warhammer Fantasy Ghouls that fit surprisingly well with these horrors and I made some horns out of green stuff.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Signal posted:

I, Signal, oath to paint two Marseille Class Cruisers, eight Lyon Class Frigates, one Voltaire Heavy Interceptor and sixteen Tiny Fliers from Dystopian Wars/Spartan Games (in 1:1200 scale, I think) and two Crusader Brethren from Infinity/Corvus Belli in 28mm

Oath Addition!
I do frantically add to my oath one NOVAYA ROSSIYSKAYA FEDERATSIYA Trooper, from Antenocitis Workshop, in 28mm scale.

(Just realized I hadn't done the Journal for this month.)

EDIT:
Post conversion:

Signal fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 26, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

Themed Group

Cut and Swap

Infinity Model

edit: sorry for the lower quality pics my good camera's battery is pooched.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jul 25, 2013

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

I'm not sure if these guys qualify for the themed group or not, their all Police officers, but as most of them are out of Uniform, they don't match up per-se. I'll let the judges decide on that one.
They were a lot of fun to paint however. Trying to be realistic for once is a nice change. This set features Not-Sherlock Holmes and Not-Dr Watson, as well as Not-the-cast-of-Ripper-street. (Inspector Reed, Sergeant Drake the desk clerk and the young policeman.)

This is Trosk from my Rogue Trader LP, the Detectiv Jurnol is the Thunder Hammer replacement. I've also converted him a nice hat because my lot draw them on any NPC I give them.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 25, 2013

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Grey Hunter posted:

I'm not sure if these guys qualify for the themed group or not, their all Police officers, but as most of them are out of Uniform, they don't match up per-se. I'll let the judges decide on that one.
They were a lot of fun to paint however. Trying to be realistic for once is a nice change. This set features Not-Sherlock Holmes and Not-Dr Watson, as well as Not-the-cast-of-Ripper-street. (Inspector Reed, Sergeant Drake the desk clerk and the young policeman.)

That is most definitely a themed group :)

A_Bluenoser
Jan 13, 2008
...oh where could that fish be?...
Nap Ghost
Oath Complete

Napoleonic French line infantry in 6mm from Baccus Miniatures.

From the front

From the back

These should count as a themed group. I'm not as impressed with the casting on these ones as I was with the Brits in May but they are still pretty good. The metal is quite hard and brittle and most of the bayonets had broken off. I managed to glue them back on but the guns look a bit more like spears now. Oh well, still perfectly paintable :). I hope the colour re-production on these photos is better than for my Brits in May. My ancient point-and-shoot won't adjust the white balance or focus properly so I started playing around with gimp and managed to clean them up a little. They are a bit better than the raw photos but still not quite right...

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
I know baccus is redoing their french line, how long ago did you buy them (might be from the older molds, which I think were starting to wear)

My brits were sharp and most of the ACW stuff I picked up is very crisp, but the covered wagons look to be an old mold as well.

A_Bluenoser
Jan 13, 2008
...oh where could that fish be?...
Nap Ghost

Mr.Booger posted:

I know baccus is redoing their french line, how long ago did you buy them (might be from the older molds, which I think were starting to wear)

My brits were sharp and most of the ACW stuff I picked up is very crisp, but the covered wagons look to be an old mold as well.

I bought them in January or February as part of a big pack. They certainly look like they could be from a mould that was wearing out, a bit rough and pitted, but the detail underneath is not too bad. There was quite a bit of metal between the legs I had clear out. The metal was also different from the British, much harder and more brittle so a bit of a pain to work with. It was no problem in the end, just some extra work cleaning and gluing, but a bit of a disappointment after the very high quality British minis. Lots more of them to do so I just needed to come up with a system to work with them. The French cavalry looks better so it may just have been a bad batch of castings.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I add 5 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch to my Oath. Games Workshop OOP metal 25mm miniatures. Themeded Group, I believe.

*Bigger*
Chopped and swapped some arms and horns.

I got the models from a goon and sadly they came without any of the arms or horns that are not apart of the base model. I had leftover plastic arms from my Warhammer Fantasy Ghouls that fit surprisingly well with these horrors and I made some horns out of green stuff.

I realize you don't have the original bits, but I need something as a Before picture. If you can find a photo online of the original models, that should be sufficient, since I can (juuust barely) make out the greenstuff on one or two of your figures (even though it is poorly lit).

Grey Hunter posted:

This is Trosk from my Rogue Trader LP, the Detectiv Jurnol is the Thunder Hammer replacement. I've also converted him a nice hat because my lot draw them on any NPC I give them.

I've withheld a point for basing because this model isn't based to the minimum standard required. Unless it's a game piece where the base shouldn't be decorated, but I don't think that's the case? Anyway you've still got a week left in the month, maybe you could put down some rubble or ship parts or paint some street lines or something.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Leperflesh posted:

I've withheld a point for basing because this model isn't based to the minimum standard required. Unless it's a game piece where the base shouldn't be decorated, but I don't think that's the case? Anyway you've still got a week left in the month, maybe you could put down some rubble or ship parts or paint some street lines or something.

Its a display piece for Rogue Trader, the RPG, none of the rest of the crew are based so I've not based him to match. So once again, I don't think it needs more basing, but then again, its not for a game.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

A_Bluenoser posted:

I bought them in January or February as part of a big pack. They certainly look like they could be from a mould that was wearing out, a bit rough and pitted, but the detail underneath is not too bad. There was quite a bit of metal between the legs I had clear out. The metal was also different from the British, much harder and more brittle so a bit of a pain to work with. It was no problem in the end, just some extra work cleaning and gluing, but a bit of a disappointment after the very high quality British minis. Lots more of them to do so I just needed to come up with a system to work with them. The French cavalry looks better so it may just have been a bad batch of castings.

Yeah my Baccus French were exactly like that but I bought them like 6 years ago. I sold them all off recently in order to do them all again based differently once the new range is released.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Drip, drip, here's a WIP (starting suiting up...)

Materials list so far: Plasti-kote grey primer. Citadel Bronzed Flesh (must be 15 years old, still good, like all my old hex pots, including several with outright splits in the lids). Miniature Paints Deep Red (no, I've never heard of the brand either, though my FLGS owner insists they're the same factory as the citadel paints, but use less extender. lovely lids though, I've already had 2 pots dry out and another is closing on it). Citadel Leadbelcher. Citadel Mournfang Brown. Citdel Dark Angels Green.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Wazzu posted:

Super late, but I, Wazzu, Oath to paint the following 3 models before the end of July They are: Skinsaw Man (Reaper) Tuco (Malifaux) Weaver Widow (Malifaux

tasty food posted:

Arlaharen posted:

Oath addition! Oathing one Road Hog, four Bone Grinders and one Brigand Shaman from Privateer Press

Siili posted:

I, Siili, oath one lonely GW high elf archer.

Red Shoe posted:

I add Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator and the Black 13th to my July oath! I also make an Alternate Universe Oath of 3 Defilers, 2 Ripjaws, 2 Deathrippers, and 2 Nightwretches These are all Privateer Press.

Illudere posted:

I, Illudere, oath 10 Gondorian Spearmen in 10mm from Copplestone Castings.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I add 5 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch to my Oath. Games Workshop OOP metal 25mm miniatures.

Signal posted:

Oath Addition! I do frantically add to my oath one NOVAYA ROSSIYSKAYA FEDERATSIYA Trooper, from Antenocitis Workshop, in 28mm scale.

Tadhg posted:

I, Tadhg, Oath to paint this... drunk guy on a mule!

Accepted.

krushgroove posted:

I, krushgroove, do hereby solemnly oath that I will paint this Privateer Press Skarlock Thrall for the month of July!

Gonna pocket veto the gently caress outta this :smaug:
(No, I cannot actually do this to real participants.)

Germ
May 7, 2013

:ducksiren: OATH COMPLETE!:ducksiren:

I Finished up this Morlock from Corvus Belli (which included a Cut and Swap, and these wrecked vehicles from Worldsmith Industries (which are definitely Terrain and probably a Themed Group)

So, I've been going a bit crazy with the wrecked vehicles since the last month. I've long wanted to kickstart a resin terrain company, and this has proved just the thing to get me motivated to start things off. If the gods allow, I should be launching a kickstarter for these bad boys starting on or about August 1. Keep an eye out for Worldsmith Industries!

And the Morlock!

Also, I've got a battle photo! This is one of my flying croissants of doom (from my 1st month's oath) bearing down on Fix's Imperial Guard. The guard defending the Aegis Line were about to get mowed down with Tesla to allow the two wraiths to pop over the defense line to eat part of Fix's oath this month (which included an orangutan). Had we had the time to finish the game, I'd have easily rolled him 9 - 0, but alas, we only got in 3 turns and it ended 3-4, in his favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Nother WIP and materials list.

Citadel Snot Green, Citadel Scorpion Green, Miniature Paints Leather Brown, Citadel Bleached Bone, Miniature Paints Black, Citadel Blood Red, Citadel Fire Dragon Bright. Not pictured, Citadel Mithril Silver, because I forgot to put it in the picture...

Just done one-colour highlights for most of it, two colours for the cloth, plus some detail work on the necklaces and the eyes and mouths. Next step is to glom it all with Devlan Mud and Ogryn flesh on the skin, then final detailing to pick out the armour studs and teeth on the necklace, maybe some last highlights, then base and varnish. Should be done with the painting by 1-ish.

E: final WIP after washes, before basing. All that's left to do is glue on the sand (which is drying as I type, and will then get a simple coat of Devlan, for a dungeon-floor base that's quick and easy, I have a lot of these Wizards minis with precast bases attached to do, and I don't want to fuss with them too much), and paint the base rims, which are going to be the same primary colour as the cloth, for easy identification during D&D games. Also pictured: their blue bro, who I painted for last year's thread. Materials: Citadel Devlan Mud, Citadel Ogryn Flesh, B&Q PVA glue (which had gone a bit weird after how long I'd not used it, I hope it's still sticky)and flora margarine a flora margarine tub full of basing sand, which came from my FLDS (Department Store, Boswell's in Oxford, great modelling department), but of which I have no idea of the brand. Still to come, Rust-oleum crystal clear matt spray varnish. And finally, by Her Majesty's Royal Mint, one penny per base as a magnet receptor.

E again: I'm not quite sure why they're so much brighter than their pal; I may have used different washes on him, I don't recall correctly. I might hit the whole mini with another layer of devlan when I wash the base, see how that looks.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jul 27, 2013

• Locked thread