Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
Summerfest brings rare spawns of friendly-flagged critter npcs that catchable companion pets! There are 11 different companions for you to catch, and they are only here for the duration of the event. When you catch them, you loot a companion pet version of that critter. They are account bound also, so catch more than one at a time if you want to send some to your alts.

Summerfest companion guide & general tips

Catch/trap ability: This is what button pops up when you are near it.

- DO NOT purchase the pet "Twiddle" unless you are lazy and have an excess of badges. Below are coordinates for a mob named "Mini Mordant", the pet you loot from catching it is the pet named "Twiddle", not a reskin not a separate item, the pet you loot is the same as the one on the Summerfest vendor
- DO NOT use your merit badges on the companion boxes unless you have an excess stash and are LAZY, you can get multiples of the same pets, but they are account bound
- Pets spawn every 65 minutes, for example: As of Tuesday, July 10th, the last time pets have spawned was at 7:55 EST. The next spawn will be 9:00, followed by 10:05 and so on. As long as you know the last spawn time, you can keep going off of that
- They are up for only 5 minutes with a timer that starts when someone is in the vicinity of the mob. The mob will start running away very quickly , and the trapping range is very small so having a macro is very helpful
- Multiple pets spawn at the same time and generally in the same spot. Not every pet on the list will spawn at the same time, but rather a few from the list. You might want to have people checking different spots for every spawn time, ready to banner eachother to the locations
- Multiple people can catch the pets, there is no cap as to how many can catch it so don't worry if you see other people chasing it around

Map of spawn locations

Suggested traveling methods: PA teleports and using instant adventures to sometimes place you in areas close to the spawns are good ways to travel quickly to the zones if portals are a bit far

Suggested x,y,z coordinates: You should check these spawns as a priority compared to other marked locations
Spotted Snake - Freemarch: 6568,848,4758
Black Bunny - Silverwood: 6252,847,2853
Brown Rat - Stonefield: 5212,1055,5170
Tamed Deepfang - Gloamwood: 4925,1054,2879
Scoots - Scarlet Gorge: 3871,980,2843
Black Coyote - Scarwood Reach: 3868,1096,4283
Tabby Cat - Moonshade Highlands: 5672,973,1799
Mini Mordant - Droughtlands: 7202,891,6008
White Squirrel - Iron Pine Peak: 3808,1243,1675
Green Cobra - Shimmersand: 6960,917,7278
Jewel Scarab - Stillmoor: 2153,1153,2312

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

175k ping? That's nothin.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Getting double weekly and daily summerfest patron login rewards! The once-per-account claiming of gifts is per datacenter, and the US and EU regions use different datacenters. Summerfest login gifts contain 25-50 credits +/-, which are account bound.

What you need to do is change your region at the Launcher->Settings->Region from North America to Europe
Login as normal and select any server
Create a new character
Collect Weekly/Daily patron gifts
Tada, you have credits added to your credit stash.

Found this interesting tidbit yesterday, finally got around to trying it out. It works like a charm. Exploit you say? Daglar acknowledged it, wants to see how the promotion affects the store and said that he may or may not change it. Its staying in place for the time being, so enjoy your bonus credits while you can :toot:

Source: Daglar is a cool guy@rift forums

lsp fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 25, 2013

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Man I can't even connect now. Reset my router and reboot my machine just to be safe. Loading screen once I choose my character just gets to 10% and then sits there until I get d/c'd

:(

Anybody else having this? edit: I mean yeah I know there's lag, I was just curious if this is part of the connectivity issue. Since I can't get trion forums to load up either.

Bonapartisan fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 26, 2013

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Bonapartisan posted:

Man I can't even connect now. Reset my router and reboot my machine just to be safe. Loading screen once I choose my character just gets to 10% and then sits there until I get d/c'd

:(

Anybody else having this? edit: I mean yeah I know there's lag, I was just curious if this is part of the connectivity issue. Since I can't get trion forums to load up either.

From what I understand, yes, that is part of the connectivity issue.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The defiance twitter posted something about them finding a problem in the datacenter and working on it. So whatever that is, hopefully it helps Rift too.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Eltoasto posted:

The defiance twitter posted something about them finding a problem in the datacenter and working on it. So whatever that is, hopefully it helps Rift too.

Just went up on the @Riftgame twitter: In that thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/376357-ongoing-connectivity-latency-disconnect-issues.html posted:

UPDATE - 5:45PM Pacific: Apologies for the delays in getting another update - the connectivity issues are impacting us in our studio as well & I'm unable to use the forums as effectively.

Needless to day, the pursuit of a solution continues. The re-routing we attempted does not appear to have resolved the issue.

While it's still unclear where this issue first originated (with us, with a major ISP backbone, or a combination of the two) we want to make good & are making plans on how to do so - likely sometime next week.

For now - we're heads down, focused on getting this fixed. Thanks for the continued patience & understanding, we understand how frustrating this is.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We're gonna get some free poo poo :toot:

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Eltoasto posted:

We're gonna get some free poo poo :toot:

Yay I can at least get to the forums now. Angry manbabby posts are the best way to keep me occupied when a game is down :D

fake edit: wow, REALLY angry manbabbies.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So it seems it might be a problem with how the are handling connections from certain ISPs or something. Sitting over here in GA with Mediacom cable internet and getting 40-45ms pings.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Any EU goons on Zaviel want some free stuff? I am grabbing my extra EU rewards on Saintnick and will trade away anything other than loyalty/soulbound stuff.

currently in possession of:
3x [The Shambling Twig]
3x [Halifax's Herbal Supplement]
1x [Deep's Lockbox Key]

artifacts:
[Fairwind's Ship Bell]
[Caught Reciting Poetry]

Machai fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 26, 2013

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Looking for an invite. Character name Aahaz.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Machai posted:

Any EU goons on Zaviel want some free stuff? I am grabbing my extra EU rewards on Saintnick and will trade away anything other than loyalty/soulbound stuff.

currently in possession of:
3x [The Shambling Twig]
3x [Halifax's Herbal Supplement]
1x [Deep's Lockbox Key]

artifacts:
[Fairwind's Ship Bell]
[Caught Reciting Poetry]
Ugh, EU goons :argh:

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

You see, Guragh, they can't fire me for sexual harassment. The crime doesn't fit the punishment! :orks:
So I get into this Warfront today, and I'm greeted with:

I don't know about you guys, but I vote for the systematic slaughtering of all pubby-kind. :orks101:

a digital orc fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 26, 2013

Vafthrudnir
Apr 6, 2009

FRUNGY! FRUNGY! FRUNGY!
The summerfest scavenger quests are tedious beyond belief. I understand what they were trying to do with them, but boy am I glad MMOs moved away from this quest design of "Here's a vague clue about what you need to do. Now wander aimlessly for hours trying to find it.". Maybe I'm getting too old for this.

Machai posted:

Sure, send em to Zualya. If anyone is on Faeblight I can send my crap too.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

lsp posted:

Getting double weekly and daily summerfest patron login rewards! The once-per-account claiming of gifts is per datacenter, and the US and EU regions use different datacenters. Summerfest login gifts contain 25-50 credits +/-, which are account bound.

What you need to do is change your region at the Launcher->Settings->Region from North America to Europe
Login as normal and select any server
Create a new character
Collect Weekly/Daily patron gifts
Tada, you have credits added to your credit stash.

Found this interesting tidbit yesterday, finally got around to trying it out. It works like a charm. Exploit you say? Daglar acknowledged it, wants to see how the promotion affects the store and said that he may or may not change it. Its staying in place for the time being, so enjoy your bonus credits while you can :toot:

Source: Daglar is a cool guy@rift forums

I just did this about an hour ago, now one of my guildmates is saying it only gives one per account total now.

Tombstone Monarch
Dec 21, 2006

Here comes the pay!

SlayVus posted:

I just did this about an hour ago, now one of my guildmates is saying it only gives one per account total now.

I just checked it on an old account I used for Ascend-a-Friend, and was able to get 2 boxes.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Vafthrudnir posted:

The summerfest scavenger quests are tedious beyond belief. I understand what they were trying to do with them, but boy am I glad MMOs moved away from this quest design of "Here's a vague clue about what you need to do. Now wander aimlessly for hours trying to find it.". Maybe I'm getting too old for this.

Make your NA character on Deepwood and send your stuff to Kreczor. I'll be sending my stuff your way.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Vafthrudnir posted:

I'm on Faeblight. Name is Bobdol. We can just trade then :)

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

cross-post from the "Smile Everybody" photoshop thread.

Why does Crucia never smile. She always sounds so smug.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Haha, summerfest trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-uZqlRxOmI

Vafthrudnir
Apr 6, 2009

FRUNGY! FRUNGY! FRUNGY!

Kreczor posted:

Make your NA character on Deepwood and send your stuff to Kreczor. I'll be sending my stuff your way.

I already have a character on faeblight and looks like Machai is there too. Thanks though :)

Machai posted:

I'm on Faeblight. Name is Bobdol. We can just trade then :)

Alright, the character name is Bakhlein. I'll friend you and mail everything I get.

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
In as Fartlorde looking to try and get an invite.

Primaris fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 26, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Hahaha, god damnit that's a good trailer.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Machai posted:

cross-post from the "Smile Everybody" photoshop thread.

Why does Crucia never smile. She always sounds so smug.

I always thought that was Queen Miela, if that's Crucia, they look pretty similar

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

lsp posted:

I always thought that was Queen Miela, if that's Crucia, they look pretty similar

Umm... you remember the RP from the chronicle right?

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Hey, when did the guild transfer servers? I didn't see it mentioned in the OP anywhere.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ukrainius maximus posted:

Hey, when did the guild transfer servers? I didn't see it mentioned in the OP anywhere.
We transferred to Threesprings after free to play launched, then transferred back to Deepwood a couple weeks later. The OP says we're in Deepwood, and that's where we are.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Ah, I just logged into my rogue for the first time in a while and it said it was moved to Threesprings. It says I'm in Everything is Fine and it's transferred, I guess I need to just grab another invite. Thanks.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

ukrainius maximus posted:

Ah, I just logged into my rogue for the first time in a while and it said it was moved to Threesprings. It says I'm in Everything is Fine and it's transferred, I guess I need to just grab another invite. Thanks.

e: if you didn't move with the prompt, that's correct

dochoko
Jan 29, 2005
verily
Please invite Weyl.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

lsp posted:

:ughh: Crucia took control of Miela, just like Regulos took control of whats-his-face (in the Guardian starting quests) and had a human form. So basically Miela IS Crucia

Latroc
Mar 22, 2004
Repent!

Hmm, had 450 credits for "RIFT_PROMO_450CREDITS_VOUCHER" added to my account. Guessing this is maybe related to the lag issue the past couple days?

Latroc fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 27, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Do we have enough people to do an alt FT/EE run? My rogue really needs some 20man stuff and I don't want to sacrifice Esthi's spot for him (yet)

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

KaneTW posted:

Do we have enough people to do an alt FT/EE run? My rogue really needs some 20man stuff and I don't want to sacrifice Esthi's spot for him (yet)

It is very unlikely that we do. As far as I'm aware, people are still having trouble forming a second 10man at the moment. We may have enough people that don't get to raid with the main raid plus alts to form one but finding a time when they are all available is going to be a pain.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Tairon posted:

It is very unlikely that we do. As far as I'm aware, people are still having trouble forming a second 10man at the moment. We may have enough people that don't get to raid with the main raid plus alts to form one but finding a time when they are all available is going to be a pain.

We only have trouble forming a second 10 man because only three of us outside the main 10 man raiding group have enough hit, toughness and mechanical awareness (outside of my cleave-centric love affair) to do GA. Ultimately, we just need more consistent raiders to show up to the 20 mans so we can gear people up and teach them mechanics etc. Also, we still need to gear another two tanks for GA, which might take awhile.

As per alt runs - just pug. Most pugs can do 2/4 FT and 2/5 EE so there's still a high chance of getting some sweet loot.

cendien
Sep 14, 2008

Latroc posted:

Hmm, had 450 credits for "RIFT_PROMO_450CREDITS_VOUCHER" added to my account. Guessing this is maybe related to the lag issue the past couple days?

Same - must be that.

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
In as Vimm. Looking for an invite

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
Has the auction house ever made a mistake? I bought 17 lean meats for like 9 silver a unit. Next thing I know I get a message saying I won an auction and had spent 119 plat. Or maybe I just clicked the wrong thing :(

I put in a ticket. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asok
Aug 19, 2006
Hi! I'm Asok! :)
In as Asok. Please invite.

• Locked thread