Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Oh goodness, my Bones are here. I have a bale of tiny things to paint.

Cthulhu is HUGE. Holy gently caress.

The figure case seems like it will be pretty jazzy for small things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

evenworse username posted:

The figure case seems like it will be pretty jazzy for small things.
Yeah - I was hoping that it would be able to fit a Blood Bowl board so I could have a place for my teams and BB stuff. Alas, no luck there.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Cross post of some cheap bulk plastic bases I'm thinking of from the minis thread:

400 1" square plastic (3/8" thick?) at about 5 cents each
400 1" square plastic (2mm thick) at about 5 cents each (after expensive shipping)
200 1" round plastic at about 5 cents each
250 0.75" round plastic at about 2.5 cents each

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I got my shipping notice today, I'm in the UK.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I noticed they were sending them to UK yesterday. I compulsively reloaded the site about every half hour, then checked my email each time.

No luck yet D:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think they'll wrap it up this week, they've only got a couple thousand orders left to fulfill and it looks like they did over a thousand just today. Although I tried to referesh the counter and now it's just saying "Thanks for following along!"

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I was hoping that meant they were done but it looks like the sync on the counter broke and with only a relative handful left to go, they just took it down.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, it didn't update all day so I guess (I hope) it broke - given that I don't have my shipping note yet. I think they were shipping ~1000 a day last I checked, so hopefully it might all be polished off by friday.

E: yeah confirmed on the big book o'face

"Due to USPS policies, our tracker data is very out of sync. We're going to take it down now. Goodbye tracker! You were fun!"

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

thespaceinvader posted:

Yeah, it didn't update all day so I guess (I hope) it broke - given that I don't have my shipping note yet. I think they were shipping ~1000 a day last I checked, so hopefully it might all be polished off by friday.

E: yeah confirmed on the big book o'face

"Due to USPS policies, our tracker data is very out of sync. We're going to take it down now. Goodbye tracker! You were fun!"

Still no e-mail, so I guess I'll get mine among the very last ones as well.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Canada order arrived here today, twenty odd items just waiting to be unwrapped :3:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Use a scissors instead of your fingers, there are a lot of little bags, and it make sit much faster, I did my whole 38 line item order in about an hour.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

LumberingTroll posted:

Use a scissors instead of your fingers, there are a lot of little bags, and it make sit much faster, I did my whole 38 line item order in about an hour.

About halfway through I was thinking "I should go get a scissors, this is starting to get uncomfortable . . . . naaaaaah" and thought that on every bag after halfway. I really should have gotten a scissors. No damage or anything, but I wasn't having any fun at the end.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

homullus posted:

a scissors ... a scissors

:confused:
Regional dialect? Newfangled internet slang? What madness is this and how have I never seen it before.

Anyway yes, I used a pair of scissors to cut open all my hundreds of baggies and I also recycled them all, you should do that.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Yesssss, I'm being boned.

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Demons x1
Red Dragon x1
C'thulhu x1
Mythos Monsters x1
Undead Giant x1
There Be Dragons x1
Mind your Manors x1
vampire x1

Original order was for the UK, but I have since moved to Singapore.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.
I just got mine and having never owned (let alone painted) miniatures before, this was such an incredible value. It also just motivated my DnD group to start back the campaign earlier then we planned. Now to head over to the painting megathread and figure out if I wanna try my hand at that.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Imazul posted:

I just got mine and having never owned (let alone painted) miniatures before, this was such an incredible value. It also just motivated my DnD group to start back the campaign earlier then we planned. Now to head over to the painting megathread and figure out if I wanna try my hand at that.

Doooo iiiiiit. Even just doing some basic paint will make them look so much more awesome, and if you screw something up you can always strip 'em and start over!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Imazul posted:

Do not be afraid to ask questions!

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010
My bones arrived :3:

And some of them got near some paint! I am so excited!

Originally I pledged on the sheer $$:oz plastic ratio; but looking through them there is so much character! I'm excited to paint pretty much all of them. It will be nice to just relax and paint a model or two at a time.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

I finally finished unbagging, despruing, scrubbing, and boiling my two vampire sets.

After going through them all I definitely have some favorites. There are such a variety of styles and scales and my favorites definitely tend towards the chunkier, larger sculpts.

Some of my favorite sets:
- Fighters
- Dwarves
- Heroes
- IMEF Marines
- Swamp Things

Sets that I'm not so hot for:
- Undead Horde
- Dark Elves
- Zombie Hunters
- Pathfinder Iconics 1 & 2

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010
A lot of my favorites are turning out to be from the original 30 models. The anti heroes and the Egypt themed dead are also fun. On the other hand I don't feel great about nethyrmal, but like others have said her base makes excellent terrain.

Nowa
Mar 20, 2006

...a gulliver of dreams.
Still Bones dry out here in Western Canada.

2 weeks stuck at "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

I didn't order Deathsleet, but a friend did, and she asked me to paint it for her. Thus my first Bones paintjob is one I don't own. Still, I don't think it came out too badly (a little messy in places, which I regret):

So many to paint! Some of the faces lost a lot of detail in the metal to plastic transition, looks like, but that's to be expected. Still have a whole bunch to boil. Here's hoping I'll have time this weekend to knock some out.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I STILL haven't even got a delivery note yet so gently caress you all AAAAAH!

That aside, seriously, is anyone else still missing theirs? I don't want to bother Reaper about it too much, but there comes a time when even I start to lose patience.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

I STILL haven't even got a delivery note yet so gently caress you all AAAAAH!

That aside, seriously, is anyone else still missing theirs? I don't want to bother Reaper about it too much, but there comes a time when even I start to lose patience.
Haven't gotten one yet.

And seconding the "gently caress you, early Bones receivers :argh:" sentiment.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I have so many bones I've started throwing them out my car window as I drive around town. :smug:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Bad Munki posted:

I have so many bones I've started throwing them out my car window as I drive around town. :smug:

Why not? They are cheaper than rocks.

:smugdog::respek::smuggo:

gently caress you, got mine. Bones crew 2013.

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

No delivery note here either (EU address - 14 items in order) :(

I don't even know what I am going to do with that many minis but the waiting is killing me.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
It's probably the issue they were talking about with USPS, but you might give 'em an e-mail just to be sure. questions@reapermini.com should work.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I haven't received a message either, and according to some guys posting on the Reaper site, the expected ship-off date for those of us ROWers who got left out is creeping into August. Normally I don't care, but it is a bit lovely of Reaper to completely alter the expected shipping without posting updates. It would be one thing if this was just a slight delay, but some people have had their stuff for months now, and we were told a month ago that our stuff was just about to be sent. Well, gently caress us for living abroad, I guess.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I'm not saying that isn't true but I wouldn't take "some guys posting on Reaper" as gospel.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

So are they basically done with the official campaign, then? Aside from those of you who fell through the cracks or whatever. I'm just wondering if now would be a good time to start addressing FistFace the Frost Giant and Stumps the Handless Giant.

Also, who is it we contact again? I know the info has been posted here before but it was some time ago.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Bad Munki posted:

So are they basically done with the official campaign, then? Aside from those of you who fell through the cracks or whatever. I'm just wondering if now would be a good time to start addressing FistFace the Frost Giant and Stumps the Handless Giant.

Also, who is it we contact again? I know the info has been posted here before but it was some time ago.

I sent an e-mail about my armless ogre to customer support, and they said they'd address it when the shipping was done.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I sent email to webmaster@reapermini.com and got a response from their customer support (a guy named Kit). I included my original shipping notice for reference.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

homullus posted:

I sent an e-mail about my armless ogre to customer support, and they said they'd address it when the shipping was done.

Same with my email about a couple missing figures in my box. Email response was very fast, but warned me it would be a few weeks at least before they could get my minis out to me.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I just got mail, it said that they're hoping (emphasis hers) to have the international vampire level pledges (and I note, I'm not sure whether this means all of the Vampire+, or just the plain Vampire pledges) done by the end of the month, if not by 1 AUgust, and confirmed that mine is still in the system.

Nowa
Mar 20, 2006

...a gulliver of dreams.
Got my email last night. Package entered system in Calgary at 11pm. Delivery to Calgary. Estimated Monday.

Ma Bones are within 30km of me right now. gently caress yeah.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Now that most the orders have gone out, have they given any indication when regular sales will start? I'm regretting not buying a few of the add-ons.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
They still have the Undertaker pledges to send out (the ones that have actual racking and packaging). Once that's done, they'll allow stores to order it, and about a week after the stores have theirs, they'll start selling on their website.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Working on my rats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

If they fit, one idea you might want to consider is gluing four of them together in a square to make rat swarms :D

• Locked thread