Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
God drat I am such a jerk, but I did not expect this to work. Was going to deep fry myself but a changling busts in and acid spits me, drags me into the freezer next to the gibber for a quiet absorb. However I did not think suiciding while being choked out would let me climb into the gibber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.

s0m3 guy posted:

God drat I am such a jerk, but I did not expect this to work. Was going to deep fry myself but a changling busts in and acid spits me, drags me into the freezer next to the gibber for a quiet absorb. However I did not think suiciding while being choked out would let me climb into the gibber.

Hahaha awesome. Reminds me of when I was being a jerk and was killing the HoP beside a pod, even though he was stunned he was able to board the pod and flllyyyy awayyy. That sucked.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Elth posted:

There's quite a few ways to commit suicide now. Used to be your only options were the russian revolver, a shard of glass, or holding your breath. If you're bored and want to end a round in style, try suiciding while holding random objects in your active hand, or standing next to a contraption.

Speaking of the russian revolver, I actually miss the days where you could survive shooting yourself in the head. It'd be funny if you could have a small chance of surviving, albeit with lots of brute and massive brain damage. The chances go up the more bath salts you have in your system. :unsmigghh:

We need a list of all the ways to off yourself in a boring round of SS13. Starting with the command suicides and working up to the creative ones.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
Now, I spend a lot of time on roleplay servers (:ohdear:) which, when they actually run antagonist-having modes, are actually really fun. I've been thinking, with all the great stuff we have on goonstation, it seems like a lot of it would only work best in a roleplaying environment. Or, at least, they would be fun in such an environment. For example, the weightlifting in the gym. The chaplain's entire role. Email, money-production and so on.

I know goonstation isn't going to go open source any time soon, and that's far enough. A lot of people have put a lot of work into making the current build what it is, and it's fair that they want creative control over the future of it. But, I would spend cash-money on a server being hosted that had (and I'll get reamed for this) something approaching Bay12's ridiculous RP rules. They are...I don't know, it's a weird kind of fun. Apollo is awful, but the people on bay seem to be alright. Is there any likelihood on such a server ever existing, with the goonstation build?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
To an extent, people roleplay on goonstation. People play their roles rather than metagaming (at least overtly), avoid referencing out-of-game things for the most part, etc. That's why you see them doing things like using the aforementioned gym. It's admittedly a lot sillier generally, with things like the chaplain running around declaring this and that to be sinful or claiming to hear the void of God, but it's still a form of roleplaying. (Also the chaplain's actually useful against vampires and wizards, but that's not really relevant to your main point.)

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I think you're understating the quality of our excellent roleplay. We roleplay 2d spacemen in a game about farts, who realize that they are 2d spacemen in a game about farts and are perfectly fine with it. :haw:

It's like a space station full of Deadpools.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
A captain earlier tonight broke a sacred unspoken role of arr pee, uttering the term "fail." He was quickly cluwned for his heinous treason.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

A captain earlier tonight broke a sacred unspoken role of arr pee, uttering the term "fail." He was quickly cluwned for his heinous treason.

Was it the same captain that did this to me?

quote:

<Naba> Got tasered, stripped and thrown into the furnances a minute from arriving on the station
<Naba> Just because of my name
<atomic1fire> what was your name
<Naba> Weedlorde Bonerhitler
<atomic1fire> heh

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I think most people try not to metagame and do try to at least be semi-coherent. I'll RP it up if I'm playing something like Miner because that has a lot of spare time in which to type silly sentences. If it's a really hectic job with a lot to do or if I have some goal in mind that kind of falls into the wayside.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Digihazard posted:

...When someone said to loot EVA for suits I picked up a helmet then punched myself in the face with it a few times trying to put it on....
This is never not funny for me when I heard players do this. Ouch. Stop hitting yourself. Ouch. Stop hitting yourself.

Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011
I find it hilarious that Tech Storage, with a flash spawned in it among other things, is accessible to staff assistants, but not to engineers.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Us assistants need something to call our own. :colbert:

(It's also open to electricians mechanics)

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 27, 2013

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
So why isn't having 50% of the staff assistants high at the end of the round an objective for botanists? Come on, guys.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
"Ensure that at least four people escape alive on the shuttle while high on drugs" would be a pretty funny bonus objective, but the "no cannabis products" one is meant to cut down on the frequency of client-crashingly massive stacks of weed being left everywhere, I think, which is a good thing. It's much funnier as an infrequent event than as the universal constant that it was for a while.

Now that things can be burned, we need skewers and the ability to cook certain items by skewering them and using the skewers on a burning object or person. Roast hot dogs over a bonfire. Toast marshmallows on the blazing body of the RD. Make s'mores over a giant mountain of burning weed.

Donnerberg posted:

It's like a space station full of Deadpools.

This line is eerily perfect and really needs to go in the OP.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jul 26, 2013

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Angry Diplomat posted:

Now that things can be burned, we need skewers and the ability to cook certain items by skewering them and using the skewers on a burning object or person. Roast hot dogs over a bonfire. Toast marshmallows on the blazing body of the RD. Make s'mores over a giant mountain of burning weed.

Oh my god, yes. Make every fruit, vegetable, and piece of meat able to be skewered and cooked on a fire. Bonus points if vampires and the shambling abomination can take a break to roast kabobs of arms and gibs to heal themselves slightly.

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002
So I had a mishap in mining and my charge set off some plasmastone. Apparently you can still drag it into your mining satchel while its on fire with no bad consequence.
I should’ve dumped the bag out to see if it would still be on fire, instead of just shoving it into the fabricator.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Which tangentially reminds me you can't pick up dead rats/roaches to put them in the deep fryer. Please fix this.

e: You take a bite of the lightly fried dead cockroach wonton.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jul 26, 2013

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Please implement ghost butts.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Noreaus posted:

Now, I spend a lot of time on roleplay servers (:ohdear:) which, when they actually run antagonist-having modes, are actually really fun. I've been thinking, with all the great stuff we have on goonstation, it seems like a lot of it would only work best in a roleplaying environment. Or, at least, they would be fun in such an environment. For example, the weightlifting in the gym. The chaplain's entire role. Email, money-production and so on.

I know goonstation isn't going to go open source any time soon, and that's far enough. A lot of people have put a lot of work into making the current build what it is, and it's fair that they want creative control over the future of it. But, I would spend cash-money on a server being hosted that had (and I'll get reamed for this) something approaching Bay12's ridiculous RP rules. They are...I don't know, it's a weird kind of fun. Apollo is awful, but the people on bay seem to be alright. Is there any likelihood on such a server ever existing, with the goonstation build?

Goonstation did try to implement more roleplaying. You had to manually breathe and blink, but people sucked at it so much that they removed it :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Pssh, I was the best at it. I was still alive and able to see for almost five minutes, plus I managed to fart on someone's face in that time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Noreaus posted:

You could try getting some crew together for a telescience expedition. That can generally go pretty well roleplaying-wise, and it's guaranteed that you'll get at least some volunteers just from saying "telescience expedition" over the radio in most rounds. Especially once your team starts dying and the rest have free license to *scream like madmen and cower in lockers while you're desperately trying to beat an ice spider to death with your shoes before it can lay eggs in you.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Tsurupettan posted:

Which tangentially reminds me you can't pick up dead rats/roaches to put them in the deep fryer. Please fix this.

e: You take a bite of the lightly fried dead cockroach wonton.

You take a bite of the roasted fried toasted lightly fried toasted fried roasted fried dead cockroach cake pizza cake pizza cake pizza cake. That tasted amazing! HOLY poo poo!! YOU START TRIPPING BALLS!!!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

We need an entire cockroach revamp. Let the cook keep a cage of them in the kitchen, and feed them table scraps. Make dead cockroaches contain portions of all the substances they've eaten. Pump them full of MSG for delicious slices of cockroach cake, or shove them full of cyanide and then serve up a batch of deadly fried cockroach legs.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You could try getting some crew together for a telescience expedition. That can generally go pretty well roleplaying-wise, and it's guaranteed that you'll get at least some volunteers just from saying "telescience expedition" over the radio in most rounds. Especially once your team starts dying and the rest have free license to *scream like madmen and cower in lockers while you're desperately trying to beat an ice spider to death with your shoes before it can lay eggs in you.

I'm lobbying a coder or two for a Fun New Thing that will not only make telescience expeditions more eerie and interesting, but also work really well from a roleplaying standpoint. Cross your fingers!

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

Captain Bravo posted:

We need an entire cockroach revamp. Let the cook keep a cage of them in the kitchen, and feed them table scraps. Make dead cockroaches contain portions of all the substances they've eaten. Pump them full of MSG for delicious slices of cockroach cake, or shove them full of cyanide and then serve up a batch of deadly fried cockroach legs.

Seriously this idea!

While we're in the chef topic I have been playing chef pretty regularly and I've ordered crates at the beginning of the round (fresh produce and condiment) and have never gotten them from QM. Can the chef get a small supply of sauce at least to start with since ordering anything off the radio is pointless due to Swedishness and qm's aren't responding to the console.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

For extra super special fun, make cooking something count as applying heat to it, so you can feed a cockroach every kind of discount dans, and then bake the meth inside the oven. :v:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Oh yeah, Telescience adventures are absolutely great if you want to do some RP. Especially when one of the expedition is trying to kill you all without getting caught...

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I used to get arrested as the chef for a dirty kitchen back when poo was in the game. Now, I am not advocating a return for poo. I am advocating a return for a disgusting kitchen. So, please, let us use roaches. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

"You take a bite of the lightly-fried mystery meat."

"Mmm! Tastes like chicken!"

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Razage posted:

Seriously this idea!

While we're in the chef topic I have been playing chef pretty regularly and I've ordered crates at the beginning of the round (fresh produce and condiment) and have never gotten them from QM. Can the chef get a small supply of sauce at least to start with since ordering anything off the radio is pointless due to Swedishness and qm's aren't responding to the console.
It'd be nice to at least have some ketchup and hot sauce packets. What kinda kitchen doesn't have ketchup? Not many, just like 5 of each, kinda like how we start with access to a little bit of peanut butter. Enough to mollify dabbler chefs but not enough that you can get by without QM or Botany if you want to produce a lot of food.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

Nakar posted:

It'd be nice to at least have some ketchup and hot sauce packets. What kinda kitchen doesn't have ketchup? Not many, just like 5 of each, kinda like how we start with access to a little bit of peanut butter. Enough to mollify dabbler chefs but not enough that you can get by without QM or Botany if you want to produce a lot of food.

That would be perfect! Then we can atleast make some pizzas instead of that stupid vending machine.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Normally I would've let the crew deal with him, but he was also yelling over the radio about becoming the first person to masturbate in space.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

atomicthumbs posted:

Normally I would've let the crew deal with him, but he was also yelling over the radio about becoming the first person to masturbate in space.
A claim that is almost certainly false anyway! What a maroon.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Napalm Blackpowder Foam Bomb. Think about that. Think about it being released on a shuttle full of escapees.

It was the loudest, most glorious thing that I have ever seen in this game.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Nakar posted:

Come to think of it, does the game have mustard in it?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Special thanks to admin GorillaDreams for gently guiding me through my first nuke detonation.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
Did the server go down?

The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat
It's gone down for me.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
If there is food you want in the game, but is not in the game, make a sprite for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009

HukHukHuk posted:

If there is food you want in the game, but is not in the game, make a sprite for it!

Are the sprites still 32x32 like they used to be back on doughnut station or have they been put up to 64x64?

• Locked thread