Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Dux Supremus posted:

I've been working up a Mechromancer and just figured something out the other day: if you accidentally manually reload, you can quickly fire a shot and manually reload again and it'll cancel your Anarchy stacks burning. You'll usually lose about 5 on a quick-reloading gun. Also, you can reload-cancel by switching to another gun during the reload animation to stop them from burning at all if you're alert enough.
Just quick tap the menu button and it will cancel your reloading. Don't forget mechros can use infinite discord without speccing into it using the glitch as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Or you can solve the reloading issue entirely by rocking four Infinities of different flavors, the tradeoff of which is being completely insane from grinding Doc Mercy for five or six hours. :getin:

edit: Aw, gently caress! With Gaige's ammo reducting skills that are required to use the anarchy tree, the Infinity has 0 clip size and therefore cannot fire. :gonk:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jul 23, 2013

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

CJacobs posted:

Or you can solve the reloading issue entirely by rocking four Infinities of different flavors, the tradeoff of which is being completely insane from grinding Doc Mercy for five or six hours. :getin:

edit: Aw, gently caress! With Gaige's ammo reducting skills that are required to use the anarchy tree, the Infinity has 0 clip size and therefore cannot fire. :gonk:

One of the new dlc mods fix that. But it's probably not worth it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Are the DLC raid bosses lower level on Normal playthrough? I'm not interested in doing a bunch of grinding up to 50+ again but I do want to get the most achievements I can. I finished the Tiny Tina DLC on Normal and the dragons are one of the only things I have left to do for the DLC so I am wondering if I can have some friends join my game and we can take the Normal dragons out easier.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

The Berzerker posted:

Are the DLC raid bosses lower level on Normal playthrough? I'm not interested in doing a bunch of grinding up to 50+ again but I do want to get the most achievements I can. I finished the Tiny Tina DLC on Normal and the dragons are one of the only things I have left to do for the DLC so I am wondering if I can have some friends join my game and we can take the Normal dragons out easier.

Yes. Think dragons are 34-36 on normal. I helped my partner do that on their Normal Psycho with my 61 Siren and popped that achievement.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Relin posted:

Just quick tap the menu button and it will cancel your reloading. Don't forget mechros can use infinite discord without speccing into it using the glitch as well
Is the Discord glitch still around? I heard it got patched but I haven't tried since.

Oh and if you're worried about losing stacks and don't want to run Discord, always have something like a Striker or Orphan Maker on you. Actually gently caress it Mechros should have an Orphan Maker anyway.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Kifisonfire posted:

Is the Discord glitch still around? I heard it got patched but I haven't tried since.

It still works, I've been doing it all day.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Sorry for the double-post but what's the best class mod to work for for Anarchy Mechro? Both the Terra Slayer and Legendary class mods for Gaige use from 40% to half of the modded skills in the middle skill tree, which uh...really loving sucks.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Occupation posted:

Sorry for the double-post but what's the best class mod to work for for Anarchy Mechro? Both the Terra Slayer and Legendary class mods for Gaige use from 40% to half of the modded skills in the middle skill tree, which uh...really loving sucks.
I'd probably go with a Punk class mod. Decreased magazine size, increase fire rate, plus points in The Better Half and SFL, so basically even more decreased mag size and even more fire rate. Try for a blue one since the other skill in the purple version is Annoyed Android and honestly who uses that?

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Kifisonfire posted:

Try for a blue one since the other skill in the purple version is Annoyed Android and honestly who uses that?

I did :colbert: And, it was the best with a black hole shield when dt zipped across the room pulling everything with him (then pushing them all back with his explosive clap :black101:)

A Chaotic Neutral/Evil Necromancer class mod (+Fire Rate /+Mag Size or critical dmg) with +6 Made of Sterner Stuff/+5 Strength of 5 Gorillas is pretty great for both you and deathtrap. Almost 60%+ melee damage for him and both of you get a 10% damage reduction from MoSS if you got it up to 10/5 skill points.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Is the Mechro middle tree really bad? It's what I've been speccing into and I enjoy all the shock damage boosters? But shock damage ain't really all that great.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
At higher levels, the shock explosions will completely vaporize enemies who are standing near each other. It's mostly useful for crowd clearing, but without a combination of the middle and left (maybe anarchy too?) trees, it won't be effective into the endgame.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

scary ghost dog posted:

Is the Mechro middle tree really bad? It's what I've been speccing into and I enjoy all the shock damage boosters? But shock damage ain't really all that great.

Honestly, Wires Don't Talk is pretty much the only skill worth getting, but with a Catalyst mod it's good enough to justify the points in whatever it takes to get there. Strength of Five Gorillas is okay but it seems out of place in the skill tree; I'd gladly trade it for either Cooking Up Trouble or The Better Half. Shock is pretty much the best element because it's not bad against anything, and at level 61 pretty much the only weapon I need to use is the Florentine.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 24, 2013

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I just got to the rescue Roland mission (where handsome jack already took him). I've been having tons of fun with Axton and his Turret girlfriend on this mission, blowing up hyperion junk with my shock sniper rifle, exploding assault rifle, and inflammatory SMG. This is good stuff.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Xbox 360 shift codes I found (that still work), good for 5 gold keys each:
KBWTB-T6XSC-JJHBF-WXBJJ-WRWKF
WBWJ3-JHKSK-ZHXT6-CRTJT-BW59W

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Fraction posted:

Both good for me, must have missed them thanks

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Fraction posted:

Still, working, thanks. So far I've been hording these keys, when should I start using them? My highest is level 30 and still has to start TVHM.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1066/borderlands-2-hot-fixes-7-24

List of recent hotfixes. Doesn't mention anything about the "good" prefix on the Tiny Tina mods. Or has that already been fixed?

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

Soonmot posted:

Still, working, thanks. So far I've been hording these keys, when should I start using them? My highest is level 30 and still has to start TVHM.

I always use them in the low to mid 40s, because the damage starts scaling exponentially there to the point that even legendaries are trash after a couple levels.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Fraction posted:

The first one of these is dead, the second just worked for me. Thanks!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just picked up a Sham with an 83% chance to absorb bullets. I'm pretty happy about this.

Edit: If anyone wants it duped I'm on still. Gonna be farming bunker for a while because gearbox is dumb and bunker is selfish about his character head drops.

GT: Offshoretoast. Just send me a message and I'll jump in your game.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 25, 2013

Barnes
Jul 20, 2003
raeg agniast teh machiese

Fibby Boy posted:

Just picked up a Sham with an 83% chance to absorb bullets. I'm pretty happy about this.

Edit: If anyone wants it duped I'm on still. Gonna be farming bunker for a while because gearbox is dumb and bunker is selfish about his character head drops.

GT: Offshoretoast. Just send me a message and I'll jump in your game.

Thanks again.

In unrelated news I just got a level 61 non-elemental Conference Call if anyone's interested.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Barnes posted:

Thanks again.

In unrelated news I just got a level 61 non-elemental Conference Call if anyone's interested.

No prob. DO whatever you want with those other guns.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012
So, I've been going through the Captain Scarlett DLC and I found a yellow diamond waypoint on the map. Like a regular quest waypoint but yellow with a little picture of something inside. It was near the sofa where you pick up the explosives in Oasis. Does anyone know what's up with that?

Blotto Battalion
Mar 30, 2010
If I'm thinking of the right area that should be the customize/re-spec station. I remember being confused by it as well since it overlaps a store or something else on the minimap.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012

Blotto Battalion posted:

If I'm thinking of the right area that should be the customize/re-spec station. I remember being confused by it as well since it overlaps a store or something else on the minimap.

I can be more specific, it showed up on a cliff. The sofa should be in a shipwreck surrounded by stalkers and the dynamite is part of the Burying the past sidequest. The cliff has a bonfire, I think it lit up when I got near it but that might be rendering and there are two or three palm trees. the icon shows up right around there.

edit: nevermind, I'm not seeing it anymore, it must've been a glitch or something.

Rhygezenguro fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jul 25, 2013

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
You probably clicked waypoint marker on the map.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Yeah, the custom marker is yellow with a little picture of a person or something inside.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Fraction posted:

Nice! Both of these worked for me!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I was duping guns for some people online, and an idiot hit the save marker as I was leaving the game. I'm out an Infinity, Casual Swordsplosion, a corrosive Vladof sniper rifle, Chain Lightning, and a good corrosive SMG.

Anyone care to help a 61 Siren on PS3 later tonight? PSN: DrSmasher

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Dr.Smasher posted:

I was duping guns for some people online, and an idiot hit the save marker as I was leaving the game. I'm out an Infinity, Casual Swordsplosion, a corrosive Vladof sniper rifle, Chain Lightning, and a good corrosive SMG.

Anyone care to help a 61 Siren on PS3 later tonight? PSN: DrSmasher

I got you covered. Only things I might not have are the corrosive sniper and smg. Unless you count a tattler as a good smg.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 25, 2013

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
So I was farming the loot midget room this morning and so far I've had 2 legendary drops fall right through the floor. I thought that maybe I was killing them too fast (phaselocking as they jump out before they even hit the floor) so I started letting them walk out into the big hallway, but their poo poo still occasionally drops right through the floor. What gives? This ever happen to anyone else?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
So, how many guns does Moxxi give you? I had heard 2 but I got a third one. Moxxis good touch, bad touch, and lucid good touch(which she also called her favorite gun.) Are there more?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

beaner69 posted:

So, how many guns does Moxxi give you? I had heard 2 but I got a third one. Moxxis good touch, bad touch, and lucid good touch(which she also called her favorite gun.) Are there more?

Just the Good Touch and Bad Touch. They can have different prefixes, as you've seen in the Lucid Good Touch.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Rudoku posted:

Just the Good Touch and Bad Touch. They can have different prefixes, as you've seen in the Lucid Good Touch.

Oh ok, thanks!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Anybody have a lvl 61 Infinity they could dupe for me? I've only just learned how easy duping is, so I don't have a lot to offer in trade: a lvl 52 pearlescent Jakobs gun and a lvl 50 legendary psycho class mod seem like they'd be the most interesting in terms of rarity. I also have a bunch of random 61 legendaries that you've probably already got if you have an infinity.

I'm fishtobaskets on xbox. Should be on in an hour orso.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

fishtobaskets posted:

Anybody have a lvl 61 Infinity they could dupe for me? I've only just learned how easy duping is, so I don't have a lot to offer in trade: a lvl 52 pearlescent Jakobs gun and a lvl 50 legendary psycho class mod seem like they'd be the most interesting in terms of rarity. I also have a bunch of random 61 legendaries that you've probably already got if you have an infinity.

I'm fishtobaskets on xbox. Should be on in an hour orso.

Looking for a particular flavor?
I'll friend you, be on the lookout found you. :)

EDIT FOR 3 GOLDEN:torgue:KEYS
PS3:
C3WTT-R696C-ZZC5J-HBW33-JFSSB

XBOX360:
CB53J-S39BB-SRZBF-W6B33-BTR3R

:ssh: Good until ???

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 27, 2013

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

burntpork posted:

I got you covered. Only things I might not have are the corrosive sniper and smg. Unless you count a tattler as a good smg.

That Tattler is already better than what I lost, so, yeah. I was using some green or blue Maliwan SMG that I got off BNK3R.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Jake Blues posted:

EDIT FOR 3 GOLDEN:torgue:KEYS
PS3:
C3WTT-R696C-ZZC5J-HBW33-JFSSB

XBOX360:
CB53J-S39BB-SRZBF-W6B33-BTR3R

:ssh: Good until ???

Now expired. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
YES. Finally took my Mechro through Normal. I imagine if I get through the DLC I'll be pretty set to be ahead of the curve if I send hand-me-down gear from my Gunzerker to get through the absolute bear that is the early 40s in TVHM? My Zerker is just at the 'rescue Roland' mission and should be 61 by the end if I keep pushing through, but that mission and the segment between the the liftoff of Sanctuary and the reaching the city is the hardest part of the game on any difficulty. God. At least the SWORDSPLOSION!!! :torgue: is amazing and keeps making me happy. Unless I miscalculated a hit from all three swords causes around 500k damage.

Also, Badass Constructors and their ilk are way, way harder than any (non-raid) boss.

• Locked thread