Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

RandomPauI posted:

Oh god. That'd be why they're called the number 7's huh? Brock had to kill Dean 6. :-(

It makes sense. He DID tell Hank he thought about it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Dracula Factory posted:

I think people don't like Spanikopita because it isn't heavy on the popular characters and takes place outside any of the normal settings. I really liked the backstory portions of it and I think there were a lot of good jokes in there.

Spanikopita is the new Dr. Quymn.

I also happen to very much like both episodes :colbert:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I heard Frankenstein today and now I demand to know why Edgar Winter hasn't been added to the show's cast of old rockers. And albinos.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

feedmyleg posted:

Spanikopita is the new Dr. Quymn.

I also happen to very much like both episodes :colbert:

People don't like Dr. Quymn :psyduck:

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Both of yous.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Everyone on here seems to hate it, or at least they did at the time. And I don't understand that opinion one iota.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

feedmyleg posted:

Everyone on here seems to hate it

Not everyone, it's a great episode.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I love every Venture Bros episode equally (except the ones I love more than others). Honestly, though, there isn't a single episode I actively dislike. This show. I love this show.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Tangentially related to VB - if you aren't following Doc Hammer on twitter I would recommend it. So far the only things he's tweeted are notes about his visits to the bathroom.

Doc Hammer posted:

@TheDocHammer 7h
2. 4:08: Home again and on my bowl. How perfect you are. Not too high, not too wide. I know in my heart Goldilocks would poo poo here.

Doc Hammer posted:

@TheDocHammer 25 Jul
1. 12:09pm: There's a toilet in my train berth. I repeat: "There's a toilet in my bedroom, not a bed in my bathroom." until I believe it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Be sure to read the tweets in the voice of Doc Venture.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ror posted:

I heard Frankenstein today and now I demand to know why Edgar Winter hasn't been added to the show's cast of old rockers. And albinos.

Albinos have their own guild, and he is their leader.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Anyone know where I could find some GIF of the Monarch and MRS The Monarch in the costumes before the bell torture?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

RandomPauI posted:

Be sure to read the tweets in the voice of Doc Venture Billy Quizboy.
Fixed this for you. James Urbaniak is Doc. Doc Hammer's normal everyday speaking voice, on the other hand, is almost weirdly similar to BIlly's.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Fixed this for you. James Urbaniak is Doc. Doc Hammer's normal everyday speaking voice, on the other hand, is almost weirdly similar to BIlly's.
Did he at least eat the pennies? I mean, they're just pennies. So you poop pennies. Big deal!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
If he ate the pennies I *think* we would have gotten a twitter update about the copper-filled corresponding bowel movement by now, duh

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Doc Hammer voices Billy but could you imagine Billy detailing his stools in this way? Rusty definitely would.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Yeah, Doc Hammer voices Billy but could you imagine Billy detailing his stools in this way?

That's an excellent question! I have no idea.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
Billy's first appearance was him complaining to Pete about not flushing the toilet and he described it as like "a bunch of Mars Bars in there", so yeah, I think he would in the right circumstances

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
One of my favorite thing about this show is how the names of characters and organizations, especially the marginal ones, are legitimately awesome. "Conjectural Technologies" is a great business title. "Headshot" is a great character name. There's nothing tongue-in-cheek about any of it.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

OctaviusBeaver posted:

It has some really good moments, but the twins drag it down.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Leospeare posted:

Billy's first appearance was him complaining to Pete about not flushing the toilet and he described it as like "a bunch of Mars Bars in there", so yeah, I think he would in the right circumstances

[St. Cloud] I believe you'll find the so-called Quizboy's first appearance was actually in the Terrible Secret of Turtle Bay, where he and his albino were discussing the particulars of the relationship of Rusty Venture and his bodyguard. [/St. Cloud]

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

RandomPauI posted:

Yeah, Doc Hammer voices Billy but could you imagine Billy detailing his stools in this way?

"White! White!"

"Billy, for the last time, I don't care how big it is!"

I just finished watching "The Invisible Hand of Fate" in glorious HD.

edit: Finally getting to watch an uncensored season, I'm still undecided on whether or not bleeps and black bars are funnier than "gently caress", "poo poo", and Jonas Venture's flopping dong.

Protagorean fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jul 27, 2013

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Having marathoned season 2 in both ways, I think that the bleeping is funnier.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Slamhound posted:

One of my favorite thing about this show is how the names of characters and organizations, especially the marginal ones, are legitimately awesome. "Conjectural Technologies" is a great business title. "Headshot" is a great character name. There's nothing tongue-in-cheek about any of it.

Crime-o-dile and the Intangible Fancy are great names, too.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

OctaviusBeaver posted:

That's definitely an episode that's grown on me.

Clyde the Boxing Orangutan should be on the new Team Venture. :colbert:

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Dracula Factory posted:

Having marathoned season 2 in both ways, I think that the bleeping is funnier.

I saw season two with the bleeping and season three without it. I think I prefer it without bleeping, purely because I love the idea the story is progressing further and further away from the old-style adventure shows it's paying homage to.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Hbomberguy posted:

I saw season two with the bleeping and season three without it. I think I prefer it without bleeping, purely because I love the idea the story is progressing further and further away from the old-style adventure shows it's paying homage to.

I'm sorry, the "rusty venture" conversation is a million times funnier with a ton of bleeps.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Ithaqua posted:

I'm sorry, the "rusty venture" conversation is a million times funnier with a ton of bleeps.

Incorrect, the voice actors put hella passion into it. :colbert:

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

It has some really good moments, but the twins drag it down.

I think the Venture twins with the competent(?) twins are pretty great actually.

Hank: "I can bench press!"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I like watching without bleeps because The Monarch says gently caress in the most hilarious way.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
Why is it always Dean the girls go after? He's scrawny, annoying, and won't even rub poo poo on his pee pee. :barf: Well, at least Hank lost his V-card first, even if the circumstances surrounding it were so horrible he had to erase everything but the memory of a memory of it happening.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Protagorean posted:

Why is it always Dean the girls go after? He's scrawny, annoying, and won't even rub poo poo on his pee pee. :barf: Well, at least Hank lost his V-card first, even if the circumstances surrounding it were so horrible he had to erase everything but the memory of a memory of it happening.

It's so harsh how both of them were forced to forget their successes with women.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Red posted:

That's definitely an episode that's grown on me.

Clyde the Boxing Orangutan should be on the new Team Venture. :colbert:

Bang Clyde!

I rather liked that episode mostly cause of Clyde. He needs to be living at Dr O's as a terrible roommate

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Slamhound posted:

I thought those were tongue in cheek jokes - "Headshot" because he's a sniper and it's a parody of the GI Joe job-title as name characters and "Conjectural Technologies" because the two members haven't ever really produced anything, they just have ideas that don't really go anywhere.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cloks posted:

I thought those were tongue in cheek jokes - "Headshot" because he's a sniper and it's a parody of the GI Joe job-title as name characters and "Conjectural Technologies" because the two members haven't ever really produced anything, they just have ideas that don't really go anywhere.

They're both jokes and actual good names at the same time.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

The other part of the Headshot joke is he's proud of his good looks and no doubt has had many many headshots taken.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
"Purple Pros" is a legit brilliant pun and team name, even more so because it's a throwaway joke from a incidental character with a thick accent.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Dynamite Dog posted:

The other part of the Headshot joke is he's proud of his good looks and no doubt has had many many headshots taken.

Well he's exceptionally talented at two things: sniping and looking extra handsome.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Malcolm XML posted:

Well he's exceptionally talented at two things: sniping and looking extra handsome.

It occurred to me a little late that he's probably a pastiche of Lowlight and Cover Girl of all things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The best new OSI guy was Bum Rush, just because was an actual bum with a shopping cart. I burst out laughing when they called him out in the episode.