Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I am literally retarded and fought with the captcha on registration for 20 minutes before I managed to translate the error box and figure out that it doesn't like ! in your password.

So should I put someone's name in the Friend Invitation System box when I make a person or does it not matter?

ask for someone's player ID number in IRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
With all the Vita talk: I got a helmet from some Vita campaign just now. It's a hairstyle option.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Huh, so since they broke the record for simultaneous users logged in on Wednesday, they're going to have double rare spawn rate and double drop rate from August 2-4.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
I'm trying to make an account for this because I liked PSO1, but I keep getting an error message 25 when I try to make an account.

Kind of gave up after getting the same error message repeatedly.

Also drat that captcha.

Edit: Aha! Finally made an account.... I think. I hope it worked.

General Morden fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jul 26, 2013

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

General Morden posted:

I'm trying to make an account for this because I liked PSO1, but I keep getting an error message 25 when I try to make an account.

Kind of gave up after getting the same error message repeatedly.

Also drat that captcha.

Edit: Aha! Finally made an account.... I think. I hope it worked.

Keep trying (edit I see you hit edit right as I hit reply) you want in on this good PSO crack. If you loved the first one this is what you have been waiting for 12 years for.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Protocol 5 posted:

I dunno about that. They seem to put in new items instead of changing old ones.
They buffed Umblla rod when people complained how lovely it was. :v:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know about the Umblla Stick but they definitely buffed the Magical Wand, I remember the patch note.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
They also drastically reduced the stat requirements for rare units just a week ago.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

That's a good point, and I can't believe I overlooked it. Fair enough, then.

Anyway, I'm assuming the reason there aren't more katana and bow options at the moment is that they're still working on the art assets. You kind of pity their art department when you try to imagine the kind of hours they've had to have been working on modeling, texturing, lighting, and animating all the new assets.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
Emergency maintenance Saturday 10am-3pm JST to fix some bug with Support Partners.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Umberger posted:

Emergency maintenance Saturday 10am-3pm JST to fix some bug with Support Partners.

People with multiple SPs have been losing stuff given to one SP but not to the other, looks like some values were getting overwritten. While I can't CONFIRM it, this almost sounds like something that might have a rollback of some sort coming with it.

EDIT: Of course, the translated version of it mentions nothing about a rollback so.. take it as you will. I'd figure in this sort of game that would be in big, red letters.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

I really doubt they would do a full-on rollback, since the data for Support Partners is separate from character data.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

waah posted:

Keep trying (edit I see you hit edit right as I hit reply) you want in on this good PSO crack. If you loved the first one this is what you have been waiting for 12 years for.

It really is. The start is slow and lovely (just like in PSO) but it really does capture a similar feel to the original along with a lot of great improvements to bring it into the modern era.

Also saw that chairs are coming back, which will hopefully usher in a new era of chair racing.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Nuclearmonkee posted:

It really is. The start is slow and lovely (just like in PSO) but it really does capture a similar feel to the original along with a lot of great improvements to bring it into the modern era.

Also saw that chairs are coming back, which will hopefully usher in a new era of chair racing.

I don't know what you mean by 'the start' exactly, it took me about four days to get my Braver from 0 to 30. If anything, the slow part comes much later.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Handgun Harlot posted:

I don't know what you mean by 'the start' exactly, it took me about four days to get my Braver from 0 to 30. If anything, the slow part comes much later.

The slow part is unlocking all the different COs and whatnot. Once you have one class to 40~45 you can level everything else up pretty quickly due to being able to blaze through a large amount of COs at a time, and generally you'll have more +XP tickets to use while running Emergency Quests.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Protocol 5 posted:

You kind of pity their art department when you try to imagine the kind of hours they've had to have been working on modeling, texturing, lighting, and animating all the new assets.
Especially when it's something that - at most - only 1% of the player base gets to appreciate.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Handgun Harlot posted:

Slow as in it takes a few hours of slogging through boring tutorials and starter missions before you get into stuff where you get to kill more than 3 rappies and a vulf on a mission.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Most of the early slog is just unlocking CO stuff rather than the missions themselves. It opens up so much more as soon as you're allowed to play Hard.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
The way it is now you will hear about dark falz the minute you first log in and suddenly you are level 12 without knowing what the hell was that.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
Was running Tundra Free Explore before maintenance to help a friend get the Schlact set.

<2m left and I enter the boss room to find a boosted Oran/Elena. We only had time to kill one and he didn't drop any discs. :smith:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

For the guy who had trouble with Hans' COs not showing up, they've acknowledged that there is in fact a bug blocking the early Hans COs from appearing for some players: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=1900

Apparently it has to do with clearing Koffie's mag license CO without clearing Afin's early CO beforehand.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

That's really strange. Another bug they have identified is that Braver Mag will stop functioning when you use an Event Marker in the field, which will cause your weapons to de-equip if your values are too low without it.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Probably has to do with how the client communicates with the server. This is also horrible, but I haven't run into it MYSELF thankfully.

This will need to get fixed, though.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
Servers are up early

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

I keep trying to log in with my Sega ID, but I keep getting an error message 602.

Wish I knew what it's trying to tell me...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

General Morden posted:

I keep trying to log in with my Sega ID, but I keep getting an error message 602.

Wish I knew what it's trying to tell me...

Are you making sure to only use lowercase characters for your ID?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kessel posted:

For the guy who had trouble with Hans' COs not showing up, they've acknowledged that there is in fact a bug blocking the early Hans COs from appearing for some players: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=1900

Apparently it has to do with clearing Koffie's mag license CO without clearing Afin's early CO beforehand.

And it looks like they're planning to fix it on the July 31 Maintenance! Thank you for finding this, it's a huge relief.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Are you making sure to only use lowercase characters for your ID?

After jumping through various hoops, I finally got it to work.

Thank god. I was starting to lose my patience.

Added myself to the player list!

General Morden fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 27, 2013

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Alright, going to be doing a slightly early session of culling inactives from the team. I'm almost certain that I'm going to end up nicking someone by mistake here, so please let us know if you/someone you know were cut by mistake. The game account IDs affected by this wave are:

Sonny Cheebah
Kevlar Beard
N.E.R.D.S.
SA_Dizz
Burdman
Scher
Cream Collector (sorry bro, you've been gone for a while.)
Mubcrab
shinyehx
BUSTAMOVEMAXIMO

As always, anyone's welcome to come back, this is just to keep slots open for recruits.

Also, it would be great if we got more people doing team orders so we can start getting our photon tree upgraded into something that isn't largely useless. I understand there hasn't been much motivation for it, especially now when we're rushing to establish brand new characters or training up braver on our existing ones, but every little bit will help.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 27, 2013

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:
It's time to meet...

THE BRA-VER-RHAI

(I promise to shut my mouth on the matter now. :ohdear:)

I dare someone to make a Sam-Moo-Rhai alt in the future. :v:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Rainecopter is coming in for landing.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Also, it would be great if we got more people doing team orders so we can start getting our photon tree upgraded into something that isn't largely useless. I understand there hasn't been much motivation for it, especially now when we're rushing to establish brand new characters or training up braver on our existing ones, but every little bit will help.

I did one today! I have no idea what they are or what it accomplished, but at least one of them was a kill quest for enemies I actually recognized.

This mirrors my experience with the game in general.

Souichiro
Aug 31, 2003

You should focus on doing the things only you can do.
edit: solved my own problem. Have a creepy Mr. Spock.

Souichiro fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 29, 2013

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Souichiro posted:

edit: solved my own problem. Have a creepy Mr. Spock.

That is eerie as hell, did you name him Mr Spock?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Sent out all outstanding AC codes.

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.

fuxxo posted:

The downside of making a Cast, no way to see your human form during character creation.

Wait you can go into "human form" as a cast or is this just something with the bikini thing?

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

Shachi posted:

Wait you can go into "human form" as a cast or is this just something with the bikini thing?

Casts can use 'Special Costumes' that turn you into a human (with robo ears) while you wear it. A full list can be found here for females and here for males

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

So the next patch will include pirate costumes and a limited time EQ in Shore called Beach Wars, which is your typical "run around and get points" type of deal. The enemy level in the preview movie is level 50, but the characters are all also level 55, so it may not reflect the actual levels that will appear in the finished version. Some people are obviously concerned that they may not drop high end drops, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Protocol 5 posted:

So the next patch will include pirate costumes and a limited time EQ in Shore called Beach Wars, which is your typical "run around and get points" type of deal. The enemy level in the preview movie is level 50, but the characters are all also level 55, so it may not reflect the actual levels that will appear in the finished version. Some people are obviously concerned that they may not drop high end drops, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Also worth re-iterating: August 6th is the last day for the Chaotic Border Break quest, the Burning Rangers EQ, and all 3 current Bingo cards expire that day as well (well, everything will be there on the 6th but after maintenance they won't). On August 2-4 we will be getting +100% rare enemy appearance rate and +100% rare drop rate, so that will be a great time to do some last minute SW Teardowner farming and to go hunt any rare PAs you may be after.

Here's hoping they do some level 60 Falz in the next week, I took a break when it was going on every day and it's the only square I need in the Reverse card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Souichiro
Aug 31, 2003

You should focus on doing the things only you can do.

Cockblocking Jerk posted:

That is eerie as hell, did you name him Mr Spock?

I didn't, no, but whoever did named him "Mr.スポック." I found him waiting for the Big Vardha E-trial.

• Locked thread