Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!
The author makes a good point in his notes: Baam has never really fought anyone on even terms, he's always at a massive advantage or disadvantage. Although my impression was that the Zahard Princesses were at least comparable to him in a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

The author makes a good point in his notes: Baam has never really fought anyone on even terms, he's always at a massive advantage or disadvantage. Although my impression was that the Zahard Princesses were at least comparable to him in a fight.

Honestly this whole arc is bursting at the seams with potential and having to wait a week at a time is getting painful :f5:

Honestly the Im interested in seeing how Baam will handle a even match.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
I'm interested in seeing Koon ruin FUG's day.

Regarding Rak changing size, I think it's done to him, not by him, and probably as a limiter since he's so great.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I wonder if Koon can just straight up recruit Baam. :v:

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

Sleepy Owl posted:

I wonder if Koon can just straight up recruit Baam. :v:

Thats crasy enough, it might just work. :raise:

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
Or Koon recruits both Viole and Bhargav, stomps FUG's team into paste. Or even just with Bhargav.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

cooldude2.0 posted:

I'm interested in seeing Koon ruin FUG's day.

Regarding Rak changing size, I think it's done to him, not by him, and probably as a limiter since he's so great.

I dunno about this, I think he is just able to change at will now because that was done to him on floor 2.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/s02-72/?all

Featuring ManParrot and Spectacular Artwork

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I thought Androssi was Yiha for a second there, the pose and outfit looked completely out of character. Well, I guess because it was a different character!

How long have they been teasing Baam reuniting with his friends? Its been so long now, and everyones starting to recognize Jyu Viole Grace. I hope we get to see it soon!

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Gator and Dan's disguises are fantastic.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

lil baby anime posted:

Gator and Dan's disguises are fantastic.

I had to go back and re-read it. Didn't even notice Dan. Rak's is especially outstanding though haha

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!
I guess this is the Arc where Baam is basically reunited with his friends? Now that he's out in the open, they're all figuring out who he is pretty quick.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
Baam can copy any shinsoo technique he sees, right? So he because saw Bhargav make someone's head explode in the chapter before this one, he should be able to do that, too, right?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Safe and Secure! posted:

Baam can copy any shinsoo technique he sees, right? So he because saw Bhargav make someone's head explode in the chapter before this one, he should be able to do that, too, right?

Well they never explained how it worked, and Im pretty sure every technique hes ever copied was targeting him, so he might have to be close to learn it

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Safe and Secure! posted:

Bhargav did that without creating a baang, so he might not have even been using Shinsoo.

Maybe he just moves really fast :anime:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

When did Dan hook up with Rak anyway?

Cave Adapted
Jun 13, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

When did Dan hook up with Rak anyway?

Dan and Koon joined Wangnan team and now Rak has joined too.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

I really liked that the kid who ran up to Baam and shook his hand at the beginning of the arc is cheering for him in the last panel. It's the little touches SIU does that make TOG so great.

Any thoughts on who Poken is? From their initial appearance, they seem a bit rabbit-like from the shadow, but Reflejo seems to be taking credit for getting Viole on the team and berated XiaXia during the One Shot arc.

ElrondHubbard fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 22, 2013

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
July 28th update: http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/S02-73/1/

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Remind me, did we know Ran is apparently a Koon, or is that a new piece of information?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Cake Attack posted:

Remind me, did we know Ran is apparently a Koon, or is that a new piece of information?

I don't think we knew that, aside from looking at him.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Some of the characters did talk about him being related to A.A.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy

Cake Attack posted:

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned. Not sure which chapter though.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Did someone challenge the translators to throw a grammatical error into every speech bubble on this page? Jeez. Subject-verb agreement, folks!

edit: I don't know if it was said explicitly before, but Ran uses attacks made by the Koon princess and has blue hair and eyes. I never really considered he might not be a Koon.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 29, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wait...what was up with the mustache and glasses? Are we to assume the guy who walked past and was waiting for Baam did it? :psyduck:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Sindai posted:

Wait...what was up with the mustache and glasses? Are we to assume the guy who walked past and was waiting for Baam did it? :psyduck:

Just a gag the author did to make them look more like detectives I'm sure.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Good to see that Devil Bon's weird eyes aren't the result of some weird art error :buddy:

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 29, 2013

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

PFlats posted:

Did someone challenge the translators to throw a grammatical error into every speech bubble on this page? Jeez. Subject-verb agreement, folks!

edit: I don't know if it was said explicitly before, but Ran uses attacks made by the Koon princess and has blue hair and eyes. I never really considered he might not be a Koon.

I find it's worth it to re-read with TheCompany's translation (link to last week's). Usually there's a few small things they get right that the speed translation doesn't. The problem of course is they take an extra week.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/154

The midgets do battle :black101:

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

If your hair stands up, you become stronger.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm predicting Ran will be the winner here; Anak's confusion about what Ran is up to can't be a good sign for her. The fight between the other six guys will be won by Parakewl, to show that he's not as incompetent as he used to be (so he can job to someone else later on).

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/S02-75/?all

They keep Beta in a cage? :stonk:

Also, predicting that Anak swallowed a baang too. She's only attacking with three baangs here but we've seen her using four.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 12, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sleepy Owl posted:

Also, predicting that Anak swallowed a baang too. She's only attacking with three baangs here but we've seen her using four.

Seriously? That was just a phrase.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Sleepy Owl posted:

More of an isolated room, cage is still accurate and in fact proper, just because it isn't a cell doesn't make it not a cage

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Sleepy Owl posted:

Definitely not, that would be a cheap powerup for a character that's just trying to brute force her way through. Even Baam fights smart.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

cooldude2.0 posted:

Definitely not, that would be a cheap powerup for a character that's just trying to brute force her way through. Even Baam fights smart.

We've seen at least one instance of Anak using more than brute force though. For example, back in season 1 where she went for Androssi's high heels. I will admit that she might not be willing to imitate Ran's technique specifically.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

After someone mentioned that they kept hiding how Anaks shorts worked with her tail a few chapters back, it looks like SIU has managed to figure it out since then since he wasnt afraid to draw her from behind.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/S02-76/all

PARAKUl[/b]![/b][/i] :master:

I can't stop laughing.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 21, 2013

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
What a twist~

What happens if Baam wins though, does he win himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Hietala posted:

What a twist~

What happens if Baam wins though, does he win himself?

I have a horrible sneaking suspicion that, as his masters/owners, FUG (will at least claim to) own all his accomplishments. :(