Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
This week's SNCJ debuts a new castmember who I did not invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Many people listen to Dr Keith Presents on F4W?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Valeyard posted:

Many people listen to Dr Keith Presents on F4W?
Sometimes if they have interviews.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Often the best shows on the site

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

My personal favorite on the site.

I don't know what's going on with Naylor right now but I still want him to appear back as a guest on the show!

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 28, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He's probably busy with a job hunt.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Gaz-L posted:

It could work if they do the whole show for each 'stage' of the story, kind of an interesting snapshot of what was going on around the angle.

Yeah, they should be doing the entire programs. Kinda clunky to go from 2-hour PPV recaps to 20 minute "David Arquette won the match :effort:" shows.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I think that's what they're doing, but just the relevant shows. Still though, I think it should still be just PPVs.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Speak of the devil. Naylor just announced he's back on DKP today talking PWG with Alan & EXCALIBUR~!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Every time I've heard an Excalibur interview I've been entertained. He had one of the best AOW episodes and his appearances on DKP are always fun.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Of every guest on the site he's always a favorite.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Former NXT Creative and Worldwide trending topic Rob Naylor's welcome return to the podcast game:

quote:

DR. KEITH PRESENTS: Excalibur, Naylor, OH MY!!!

The return of Excalibur after 7 months, the return of Rob Naylor after 2 YEARS, all on the same show??? FOR FREE? You betcha! It's one of the biggest DKP's of the year and we're previewing Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's biggest month ever! The Tenth Anniversary show with an insanely stacked lineup, Battle Of Los Angeles with loads of new faces possibly including W*NG KANEMURA, and so much more is discussed on the show. A must for any fan of PWG, hell a must for any fan of wrestling! Tell your friends, tell your brother, tell your mother, tell your dog! The DKP has a show for them! Only place to listen to it is right here at http://www.f4wonline.com - CHECK IT!!!

http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/072813dks.mp3

SO HAPPY!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Bryan is reviewing "Joe Rogan Questions Everything" episode 1: Bigfoot. I watched about half the episode and the whole time was thinking I need Bryan to review this. Joe Rogan is so unintentionally hilarious on that show.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Rogan's one of those dumb-asses who has fried his brain with stuff like DMT and other psychedelics. It's not surprising he's into that stuff and I'm sure Dana thanks his lucky stars he never brings this poo poo up on air.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

Bryan is reviewing "Joe Rogan Questions Everything" episode 1: Bigfoot. I watched about half the episode and the whole time was thinking I need Bryan to review this. Joe Rogan is so unintentionally hilarious on that show.

Given that Joe is a comedian I doubt it's unintentional.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Rogan's one of those dumb-asses who has fried his brain with stuff like DMT and other psychedelics. It's not surprising he's into that stuff and I'm sure Dana thanks his lucky stars he never brings this poo poo up on air.

Dimethyltryptamine is the chemical that your brain releases during your dreams and as such is not only a chemical that is natural in the human body but is something that you yourself will have taken. But feel free to poo poo on people who take psychedelics. Not as if huge parts of all of our cultures have been heavily influenced by people who have taken psychedelics.

Joe's a loving idiot and a horrible sexist but not because he takes psychedelics.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
There was an episode this month where the National Treasure Karl Stern lead off a discussion of the JFK assassination with "just in case you don't know what I'm talking about..." and proceeded to describe the assassination of JFK.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Dimethyltryptamine is the chemical that your brain releases during your dreams and as such is not only a chemical that is natural in the human body but is something that you yourself will have taken. But feel free to poo poo on people who take psychedelics. Not as if huge parts of all of our cultures have been heavily influenced by people who have taken psychedelics.

Joe's a loving idiot and a horrible sexist but not because he takes psychedelics.

In his case he's an idiot because he thinks those psychedelics expand his mind. Which would be fine if he was preaching love and tolerance, or something that would make somehow make society better. No, he thinks having an expanded mind means being open to Bigfoot and UFO's existing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Any humor found in Joe Rogan is entirely unintentional.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Joe Rogan hates Andy Kaufman. He's a scumbag.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
National Treasure Karl Stern did a review of Dave Meltzer five star matches despite never having seen most of the Japanese stuff. It is glorious.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jeffersonlives posted:

National Treasure Karl Stern did a review of Dave Meltzer five star matches despite never having seen most of the Japanese stuff. It is glorious.

Nor having a lot to say about the Japanese stuff he's seen. I got to the end of All Japan before I had to do something else, I take it the rest is just as good?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

In his case he's an idiot because he thinks those psychedelics expand his mind. Which would be fine if he was preaching love and tolerance, or something that would make somehow make society better. No, he thinks having an expanded mind means being open to Bigfoot and UFO's existing.

I'm not sure if that's so damning as him saying that psychedelics make you a more enlightened person while unironically using the term "gender traitor" and generally being a huge misogynist.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

I'm not sure if that's so damning as him saying that psychedelics make you a more enlightened person while unironically using the term "gender traitor" and generally being a huge misogynist.

Holy poo poo, are you serious? What was the context for that bomb o' stupid?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Holy poo poo, are you serious? What was the context for that bomb o' stupid?

Joe Rogan is poo poo

Basically an unprovoked couple of days of being internet-angry at feminism. It's funny because like 3 years ago he had these same crybaby outbursts about how he should be allowed to say "human being" before realizing that almost 100% of his supporters on the issue were huge homophobes; nowadays he'll occasionally passive-aggressively whine on his podcast that people who get offended about words are weak bitches. I think the difference between this and the issue with him calling people faggots a few years ago is that he genuinely isn't homophobic and genuinely is a big ol' misogynist whose worldview rests on whether or not he can call women cunts (but only the ones who are acting like cunts, of course!)

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 30, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Holy crap, he's monopolizing ignorance.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Holy crap, he's monopolizing ignorance.

The Joe Rogan podcast thread used to be really popular in RGD and now it's maybe posted in every week or so if a good guest is on. I imagine that as he's expressed the hateful poo poo that he thinks isn't hateful (because he legitimately thinks that men are superior to women, so he doesn't really parse his bullshit as hate) hasn't affected much of his audience who wears Tapout shirts and hangs off his every word as their idiot king, but he has pretty much fallen out of favor of the sort of demographics that we have here on SA.

Also there's only so many times that you can hear him talk about how everybody should do mushrooms or Ron Paul or mountain lions before the stories get kind of lame.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He and Adam Carolla would get along swimmingly. Formerly amusing dudes whose opinions were given way too much free reign and have given way to bigotry and idiocy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

He and Adam Carolla would get along swimmingly. Formerly amusing dudes whose opinions were given way too much free reign and have given way to bigotry and idiocy.

And for some reason make big money off those opinions because they're MAVERICKS!

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

njsykora posted:

And for some reason make big money off those opinions because they're MAVERICKS!

Also there are a lot of straight white males in America

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Question for the Ten Count! Why are you dead?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I knew Goog was the glue that held it together, drat you KFG for usurping him!!! :argh:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kung Fu Grip was a lethal dose of CANCER needed to clease the podcast.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

We're not! We just had a cursed week and then I was dumb and forgot to edit last night.

Topics: 1. We missed two weeks of Raw! Luckily, only one of them was good.
2. What are the worst wrestling posters?
3. What are the stupidest causes of feuds in wrestling history?
4. FEUD OF THE WEEK: Abyss vs. Sting
5. How would you stop the incessant "What?" chants?
6. Aside from the obvious choices, who is there that has the credibility to challenge The Streak?
7. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Chris Sabin
8. Should WWE do a round-robin tournament for...something?
9. If you were remaking "Beyond The Mat" today, who would you focus on?
10. Who would win a battle of the bands, 3 Count or 3MB?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

The Goog posted:

2. What are the worst wrestling posters?

Manflurry.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Hulkamat, for that choice of theme I will adore you forever.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
I missed the Ten Count :unsmith:

I needed another dose of Hulkamatt's laugh.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hulkamatt's laugh is the second best laugh on earth (Just behind Tony Atlas, of course).

And for those interested, I tracked down THAT poster:

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 30, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

My favorite terrible poster.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MRT is the only one of you with appreciation for John Cena's muscles this is bullshit his talents are wasted on this podcast (shitcast)

oatgan fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

Hulkamatt's laugh is the second best laugh on earth (Just behind Tony Atlas, of course).

And for those interested, I tracked down THAT poster:

My god, Joe IS teabagging the 'C'

• Locked thread