Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Theres no single mod to do what you want. Your best bet is to get Project Nevada Core with COO and Jsawyer, and a few economy tweaks such as Puce Moose's. Increased Wasteland Spawns can either up your difficulty or flood you with equipment. The economy mod helps this though. In my current game I'm using a mod that changes the Strip entrance fee to 10k caps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Rabhadh posted:

Theres no single mod to do what you want. Your best bet is to get Project Nevada Core with COO and Jsawyer, and a few economy tweaks such as Puce Moose's. Increased Wasteland Spawns can either up your difficulty or flood you with equipment. The economy mod helps this though. In my current game I'm using a mod that changes the Strip entrance fee to 10k caps

Thanks man, that's exactly what I needed to know because now I'll stop looking-I don't feel like gathering a bunch of mods together right now. Still, who knows how I'll feel later and now I can refer back here for a good list.

Incidentally, that entry fee seems silly if you could just get using an alternate method that would be familiar to veterans of the game. That's also something I'm looking for in this fabled mod that doesn't exist, changing up the tricks of the game.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Is there something wrong with Cirosan's? Every time I try to install it I go through all the menus and click the poo poo I want/have, and then it tells me "The mod was not activated" and nothing happens. Would rather like to not have to manually install it, but it looks like I don't have a choice.

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but is there a way to get the 4gb .exe to run in windows 8?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Skyrim4GB 1.5 allegedly got backported to New Vegas as FNV4GB 1.6.

This is indeed the one pointed out on NVSE's homepage and should probably be in the OP.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 29, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Skyrim4GB 1.5 allegedly got backported to New Vegas as FNV4GB 1.6.

This is indeed the one pointed out on NVSE's homepage and should probably be in the OP.

Alright, I updated the OP with this.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Is there any point in upgrading when the old FNV4GB is working fine?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
It's incompatible with Fake Fullscreen ("Fallout is not running" error), if that matters.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

Thanks man, that's exactly what I needed to know because now I'll stop looking-I don't feel like gathering a bunch of mods together right now. Still, who knows how I'll feel later and now I can refer back here for a good list.

Incidentally, that entry fee seems silly if you could just get using an alternate method that would be familiar to veterans of the game. That's also something I'm looking for in this fabled mod that doesn't exist, changing up the tricks of the game.

The XFO and Arwen modular overhauls might be what you need, but I've never tried Arwen and my experience of XFO is very limited, so I can't really help you with those.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Horns posted:

It's incompatible with Fake Fullscreen ("Fallout is not running" error), if that matters.

I got around that by using Simple Runtime Window Editor, which is linked to in the misc. section of this Skyrim mod's page. Really nice general purpose "fake fullscreen" utility, works with not only Skyrim and NV but a bunch of games.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I was poking around the thread trying to get my survivalist loadout just right and came across this post from Cream-of-Plenty. Which all sounded fantastic but then I kept reading and saw Cirosan talking about the poor implementation of the Puce Moose tweaks. Has any of that been ironed out since then?

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
Thanks for the help, guys. Getting the 4gb exe to play nice with the enb shaders took a minute, but now everything is way more stable and nice lookin.'

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

FadedReality posted:

I was poking around the thread trying to get my survivalist loadout just right and came across this post from Cream-of-Plenty. Which all sounded fantastic but then I kept reading and saw Cirosan talking about the poor implementation of the Puce Moose tweaks. Has any of that been ironed out since then?

No, nothing's been ironed out, but he even talks about how the conflicts are "relatively benign" in that post you linked (and they are; I've been using a similar load order for a long time, now). Your game isn't going to break or anything serious by using CCO + JSawyer + Puce Moose tweaks together. For clarity, the conflict is predominately confined to a specific Puce Moose plugin, "Reduced World Items"--it's not an issue with most PMT mods.

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012

Eraflure posted:

The XFO and Arwen modular overhauls might be what you need, but I've never tried Arwen and my experience of XFO is very limited, so I can't really help you with those.

I don't have any experience with Arwen, but I'm pretty sure that everything in XFO is replicated / matched by Project Nevada's various modules (mostly the Rebalance module, I think), so if it doesn't matter, just use that. You could use the various components to individually tweak things and override the larger overhauls, though.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

So my weather mod is still coming along slowly. I'm mostly working on it off and on a couple of times a month--I don't even still play New Vegas at this point but I'm determined to see this through. I'm mostly waiting to do another playthrough until I'm done with this. Got sorta burned out on the game. Anyway. I'm pretty happy with day time overall. Still a few minor tweaks to make but this is pretty close still. Thought some of you might be interested in seeing what it looks like.

Vanilla for comparison:

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011
Is anyone having problems installing the latest Radar mod (1.6.1) or the version before it (1.6) in FOMM 13.21? 1.6.1 gives a generic error and 1.6 has a "C# script failed to compile". I've never used it before, if that changes anything.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Yes it's a problem with the mod itself. I just went back to 1.5, he didn't add much to start with

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011
Thanks, I'm really terrible at finding loot. I've owned this game for nearly 2 years now and I still haven't done Legend of the Star.

I've also been experimenting with making Bashed patches, and I was wondering if I should reactivate all the mods deactivated by the patch creation process (that is, those mods that have an empty box instead of a checkmark or a plus). Should I just leave them and assume they're incorporated into the patch?

EDIT: I just started running the latest TTW (v2.2a), and I've noticed that all 4 of my CPU cores are maxing out at 90-100% while in game. RAM is at ~55% consistently, and in-game performance is stable, with no real indication that the game is redlining my CPU other than occassional, brief stutter and Core Temp's reading. I've tried looking this problem up on the TTW forums, but it seems like only one other person has something even in the same neighbourhood, but his hardware almost totally outclasses mine and he's having much worse problems. Is anyone else having similar problems? I'll post my load order: http://pastebin.com/TAHMatkK

I'm going to try removing Nevada Skies, as it wasn't working too well in the first place. I think one of my FO3 DLC's could be corrupt, so I'm probably looking at a complete reinstall of TTW (and FNV, cause why not)

EDIT 2: Removing Nevada Skies did absolutely nothing. I was able to observe some actual lag happening in Springvale, which cleared up after 10 seconds. I don't think Core Temp's reading is faulty, because the game's performance seems quite precarious; running around shooting a 10mm while spinning the camera in third person caused a brief bit of lag.

Convicted Lovebot fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 30, 2013

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Upmarket Mango posted:

So my weather mod is still coming along slowly. I'm mostly working on it off and on a couple of times a month--I don't even still play New Vegas at this point but I'm determined to see this through. I'm mostly waiting to do another playthrough until I'm done with this. Got sorta burned out on the game. Anyway. I'm pretty happy with day time overall. Still a few minor tweaks to make but this is pretty close still. Thought some of you might be interested in seeing what it looks like.

That looks pretty nice! Especially when compared to the super dusty vanilla version. :)

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Anyone else having trouble logging onto Fallout Nexus? I try to log on and it behaves as though it worked but the thing at the top right corner doesn't change to my username and I am unable to download files exceeding 2mb still. I tried deleting my cookies and cache but still no dice.

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:
Yeah I think Nexus may be making GBS threads itself. I'm logged in fine, but I've been trying to download Outside Bets all day but it keeps giving me an error and saying the file does not exist. :negative:

Unless the file really does not exist on their server, in which case, does anybody have a mirror?

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Nexus has been taking a poo poo on and off over the last few days. It wouldn't let me download increased spawns just now so I think it's just the site.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Nexus is apparently migrating their servers so downloads are affected.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is there a good way to respec? The mod I found is only good til Dead Money and even then I need to remove mod perks. (Wanted to remove CCO Perks module.)

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

StashAugustine posted:

Is there a good way to respec? The mod I found is only good til Dead Money and even then I need to remove mod perks. (Wanted to remove CCO Perks module.)

Console commands...? player.removeperk, player.addperk and all

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Try the "Cheat Terminal" (in the OP).

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning
I'm finally about to play this for the first time, with J.Saywer's mod installed from the get-go, as a very high CHR&INT Peace Keeper/Gunslinger type character. Can anyone see any problems with this plan, for example will it be too ridiculously hard/unrealistic :v:? Not sure how the JSawyer mod's changes to DTs will affect the viability of being an exclusively pistol/shotgun/rifle user.

So far I think I'm gonna roll with:
4GBEXE
NVSE
Centered 3rd Person Camera
Cosmetic Cigarettes
Enhanced Blood
MTUI
New Vegas Uncut - Outside Bets
NMC's Texture Pack
Plausible Starting Outfit
Clean Pipboy Screen
Spice of Life (& non-nude body replacers to make it work)
Imaginator
Wasters Scarf
Weapon Animations Replacer
Weapon Retexture Project

I've fired it up and it all seems to work well together.
Not really interested in other overhaul mods or whatever as I want the experience to be at least close to the original vision of the game (I consider JSawyer's to count as original vision!), nor am I interested in ENB because at least in Skyrim ENB made everything too dark and made the game run like rear end, even with a perfectly calibrated monitor and a fast computer.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
I tried Centered Third Person Camera for a while but rapidly got sick of it, because it forces you to aim through your decidedly non-transparent head in third person. The early versions of your mod put the camera vertically above the player's head; I don't know why the latest version decides to center it on your head.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

ronya posted:

I tried Centered Third Person Camera for a while but rapidly got sick of it, because it forces you to aim through your decidedly non-transparent head in third person. The early versions of your mod put the camera vertically above the player's head; I don't know why the latest version decides to center it on your head.

The latest version should be a FOMOD that lets you choose Raised or Unraised? At least the version I got here does: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34744//

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Hmm, must've been a bug. I've downloaded it again and now I see the raised option.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

ronya posted:

Hmm, must've been a bug. I've downloaded it again and now I see the raised option.

You can never tell with Fallout mods :v: But yeah, I agree, raised camera is the way to go.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
So I don't know if this has been asked so sorry if it has. I got NV and the DLCs during the steam sale and have never really done modding before. Is the PC version of this game always so buggy/crashy or is it super affected by mods? I don't have a ton; a few extra companions and CAMM or whatever, nothing I imagined was terribly game changing.

I played the 360 version to death and it crashed like five or six times overall, the PC version is like 5-6 times a day.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I'm having a weird issue. Whenever I hipfire a gun, my character always holds it in the center of the screen like he's aiming it. Which can be kind of annoying when I want a good look at whatever it is I'm shooting. Is WAR the cause of this?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Roar posted:

So I don't know if this has been asked so sorry if it has. I got NV and the DLCs during the steam sale and have never really done modding before. Is the PC version of this game always so buggy/crashy or is it super affected by mods? I don't have a ton; a few extra companions and CAMM or whatever, nothing I imagined was terribly game changing.

I played the 360 version to death and it crashed like five or six times overall, the PC version is like 5-6 times a day.

In general, the game is more stable when it is unmodded. That is, adding mods to the mix seems to typically increase instability. However, from personal experience, 5-6 CTDs a day strikes me as a little high...though that depends how many hours you're putting in a day. 3-4 hours? That's a pretty high number of CTDs. 8-10 hours? Maybe not so strange.

When you say "a few extra companions", do you mean that you've got an entourage of party members following you around? I ask because, if there's one thing that Gamebryo's poor at (and there are a few), it's handling groups of NPCs. Having a handful of NPCs in your party may be contributing to CTDs. Also, by "CAMM", do you mean "CASM"? If so, that should definitely be helping mitigate CTDs by intelligently managing your save files and reducing bloat and corruption, so I'd keep that one going.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

AHungryRobot posted:

I'm having a weird issue. Whenever I hipfire a gun, my character always holds it in the center of the screen like he's aiming it. Which can be kind of annoying when I want a good look at whatever it is I'm shooting. Is WAR the cause of this?

Yes

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

When you say "a few extra companions", do you mean that you've got an entourage of party members following you around? I ask because, if there's one thing that Gamebryo's poor at (and there are a few), it's handling groups of NPCs. Having a handful of NPCs in your party may be contributing to CTDs. Also, by "CAMM", do you mean "CASM"? If so, that should definitely be helping mitigate CTDs by intelligently managing your save files and reducing bloat and corruption, so I'd keep that one going.

Yeah, I got up to about nine companions and besides the obvious oh my god get out of the way thing, I think that was contributing a lot to the CTDs. And yeah, CASM, that's been helping a lot.

Knock on wood I was just playing for about two/three hours and it didn't crash once? Then again, I was loving around with the console and left all my companions somewhere else. I think the problem has been solved!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
How do I chair? What's in this beer? Uh oh.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

How do I chair? What's in this beer? Uh oh.

It's after the bombs fell. You act like people would still know how to sit in chairs. :rolleyes:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

SpookyLizard posted:

Ammo variations own, stop being a pussy. HP ammo also adds a pile of damage, making it well worthwhile on lightly armored baddies.

But how do I know if they're lightly armored, the perk that shows the targets HP and DT seems to be bugged, as it shows everyone with 0 DT.

I'm actually using the 12.7mm GRA optimized ammo. HP is 170% damage, x3 DT, and the optimized is 160% 2x DT.

I'm quite impressed how stable NV is compared to FO3. This is my mod list and I'm not getting any conflicts that I can notice, or crashes. There's also some mods not listed such as some texture and sound mods.

code:
GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
SCAV.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
Caliber.esm=1
CaliberXgunrunners.esm=1
CaliberXhonesthearts.esm=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm=1
Stalker Weapons Pack.esm=1
aHUD.esm=1
iHUD.esm=1
Primary Needs HUD.esm=1
JIP Selective-Fire.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm=1
More Perks.esm=1
More Perks for Dead Money.esm=1
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm=1
IWS-Core.esm=1
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm=1
IWR.esm=1
Children of the Wasteland.esm=1
More Traits.esm=1
MikotoBeauty.esm=1
CASM.esp=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp=1
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp=1
w44Satchels - Lite.esp=1
WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1
WMX-DeadMoney.esp=1
WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp=1
WMX-HonestHearts.esp=1
WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp=1
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp=1
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1
WMX-EVE-AllDLC.esp=1
Project Nevada - WMX.esp=1
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp=1
SWP40 Patch 01.esp=1
SWP40Pistols.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
FlashlightNVSE.esp=1
AmmoCraftingSchematics.esp=1
ACS-CaliberX.esp=1
ACS-DeadMoney.esp=1
ACS-GunRunnersArsenal.esp=1
ACS-HonestHearts.esp=1
LFox Bottle That Water.esp=1
PipBoyLight.esp=1
pipboyx3.esp=1
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp=1
DK_BulletTime_NV.esp=1
fasttravelindoors.esp=1
Fellout.esp=1
friendofnightforfellout.esp=1
Nevada Skies.esp=1
PortableCampsite.esp=1
Realistic_Repair_NV.esp=1
More Perks Update.esp=1
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp=1
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp=1
IWS-Core-Guards.esp=1
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp=1
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp=1
IWS-DM.esp=1
IWS-HH.esp=1
IWS-OWB.esp=1
IWS-LR.esp=1
SignatureArmor.esp=1
SignatureWeapons.esp=1
UnlimitedTraits.esp=1
ILO - NSkies URWLified Patch.esp=1
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
gra_assault_carbine_fix.esp=1
durability.esp=1
Better Casinos.esp=1
IWR - Rebuilt.esp=1
XFO - 4bb - Perks - Two Perks Per Level.esp=1
XFO - 3aa - rarity - ammo - mild.esp=1
XFO - 8c - Karma Rebalance.esp=1
XFO - 10ad - Hardcore - Hunger&Thirst - Easier (Half).esp=1
XFO - 9da - Enemies - NPC Healing - low.esp=1
XFO - 3ba - rarity - caps - mild.esp=1
XFO - 10c - Hardcore - Severe Penalties.esp=1
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp=1
XFO - 9ba - Enemies - NPC Health + low.esp=1
XFO - 7c - UnMSG - Sneak Status.esp=1
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp=1
XFO - 8b - Speed Increases.esp=1
XFO - 7a - UnMSG - Empty.esp=1
XFO - 8a - Cripple & Body Part Revamp.esp=1
XFO - 6aa - Epic Skills - Effects Over 100 (NVSE req).esp=1
XFO - 2db - Bleedthrough - 5%.esp=1
XFO - 5a - SPECIAL & Stats Rebalance.esp=1
XFO - 5ea - Skills - Barter - Mild.esp=1
XFO - 5b - Skills - SP Formula Rebalance.esp=1
XFO - 6ba - Pacing - Mild (No Cap).esp=1
XFO - 3ab - rarity - ammo - med.esp=1
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp=1
XFO - 3ca - rarity - meds - mild.esp=1
XFO - 1aa - Accuracy Revamp - mild.esp=1
XFO - 4a - Perks - Paths.esp=1
XFO - 1bc - Dmg - Non-Var - 3x.esp=1
XFO - 2bb - Armor - DR+DT - simple - med.esp=1
XFO - 2ab - Armor - DR+DT - revamp - med.esp=1
Children of the Wasteland - No Essential.esp=1
shut up musicspeakers.esp=1
Fallout 1 and 2 ambient music v0.2.esp=1
More Traits Update.esp=1
MikotoBeauty.esp=1
Merged Patch.esp=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Goons – any mod recommendations for a hardcore playthrough? Right now I only have visual mods installed, so my game is more or less vanilla. Mods that make the game harder (like Frostfall for Skyrim) or that just improve gameplay (more recipes? I have no idea!) would both be great.

Also any recommendations for a good ENB preset? Nexus has a pretty short list.