Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Leb posted:

Just popped on SteamDB:

pre:
226665/isdlc: 1
226666/name: Customization Pack
226665/name: Europa Universalis IV Converter
Woop. Woop. August DLC, here we come.

I wonder if the converter will be a simple hardcoded .exe, or if there's text files that can be tweaked to make it work with various map mods and so forth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

Ofaloaf posted:

I wonder if the converter will be a simple hardcoded .exe, or if there's text files that can be tweaked to make it work with various map mods and so forth.
I'm expecting this to flatly not work if mods are enabled.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I just hope it exports the game as a mod, not just a generic save game.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
In my game, the algorithm seems to only lose secondary (and on) titles of each level.
So, I can keep one Empire, one Kingdom and one Duchy (with all the Counties in that Duchy). Obviously, this is slightly restrictive, so I've changed every other Kingdom to Elective.
Proactive murdering of any unsuitable heirs (I've modded that in) allows me to keep nominating talented successors, and handing out territorial conquests to distant kinsmen keeps a lot of it in the family without having to worry about strong Pretenders.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Trauma Tank posted:

It prevents any other children from inheriting any titles from you, as they need a county to have a duchy/etc. If you are good at managing vassals it's a viable way to deal with gavelkind, but would suck if you got an inbred idiot king who throws his wooden trains at his dukes.

I think I like my way where I get to have my cake and eat it.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

Knuc If U Buck posted:

I think I like my way where I get to have my cake and eat it.

I think you have that backwards. On every succession, you lose the frosting on your cake. With the 1 county method, your cake may be small, but this analogy is getting convoluted.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Before Old Gods came out, I had 100% of the DLC. Before the Steam sale ends, I'd like to get back to having 100% DLC. Are Hymns to the Old Gods, Norse Unit Pack, Norse Portraits and The Old Gods the only things I'm missing, or has other stuff come out too?

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

Fintilgin posted:

I just hope it exports the game as a mod, not just a generic save game.
It's not even conceivable to do a closest-analog conversion. You'd need flags and tag info for basically every last polity in the game to do a proper conversion that covers the general case. Even then, I'm expecting no shortage of fudging due to the drop in province granularity.

I hope they're accounting for cases where the Golden Horde et al have been wiped out, too. It'd be really lame to defeat them in CK2 then convert over and have a rectangular border of Golden Horde waiting for you on the other side of the magic Medieval->Renaissance wall.

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Before Old Gods came out, I had 100% of the DLC. Before the Steam sale ends, I'd like to get back to having 100% DLC. Are Hymns to the Old Gods, Norse Unit Pack, Norse Portraits and The Old Gods the only things I'm missing, or has other stuff come out too?
Dynasty Stuff III, too. Just toss all the DLC in your cart and remove the stuff marked as already owned.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Leb posted:

I think you have that backwards. On every succession, you lose the frosting on your cake. With the 1 county method, your cake may be small, but this analogy is getting convoluted.

If your secondary sons already hold sufficient titles, they don't inherit anything. You can give them garbage provinces, because keeping your good holdings together is better than doing whatever it is you're trying to do with one county. My frosting, cake and sprinkles (Norse pagan bonuses) are all intact.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

What does a poor Muslim bent on controlling everything like me do with Jerusalem? I can't found a Kingdom of it, but people want it so badly... whats a guy to do?

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Allyn posted:

There are 4 titles that the main guy needs to have to make sure it works as a merchant republic. They all need to be credited to the same person in their respective history/titles/:
b_<can have any name>.txt, in vanilla it usually uses the dynasty's name. It NEEDS to have a "holding_dynasty = <dynasty number>" tag -- that's what tags it as a republic. Liege needs to be d_venice or k_venice.
b_venezia.txt
c_venezia.txt
d_venice.txt or k_venice.txt

If it's missing any of these they won't be playable. You don't actually need to have a single other republic family -- the game will auto-generate any that it needs to make sure it hits the limit of 5 families. Also b_venezia needs to be set as a city in history/provinces/356 - Venezia.txt. Although it sounds like this isn't the problem if it's saying it's a non-playable republic, as that would indicate a non-merchant republic city as capital.

If you check all those 5 things you'll find where the error is, I'm pretty sure. No quick fix really exists but this should only take you 5-10 mins -- hardest part is going to be finding what the first barony file is called. I don't have CK2+ installed anymore but if you can't find it from that I'll re-download

e: the reason I posted this instead of checking for you was because I uninstalled CK2+ from my desktop, where I play CK2 nowadays, but just realised I haven't uninstalled it from my laptop. Durr. Gimme a few mins...

e2: okay I have nooo idea, all of this is set... how odd...

e3: I found it and I fixed it! Hooray! It's also remarkably simple: the family houses aren't listed anywhere in the common/landed_titles folder, so it wasn't loading them as titles at all, and so their history files weren't being loaded either. All the family houses just need empty entries and it works. Here's a mod to fix it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yonj4rbyg9uxda2

If you don't want another mod cluttering up your launcher then you can legit just copy the file into CK2Plus/common/landed_titles and it should work right off the bat like that.

FYI, until Wiz releases his final CK2+ patch I fixed most of the Republic problems in CK2+ in my CK2+: Kitchen Sink Edition mod.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

Knuc If U Buck posted:

If your secondary sons already hold sufficient titles, they don't inherit anything. You can give them garbage provinces, because keeping your good holdings together is better than doing whatever it is you're trying to do with one county. My frosting, cake and sprinkles (Norse pagan bonuses) are all intact.

Right, up till the point where you hold multiple high level titles. To create an empire, you must hold two kingdom titles. Thus, on succession you will lose control of a kingdom to one of your brothers and a king vassal can be a damned dangerous thing. And if you decide to create another empire, that second empire goes independent on succession.

So basically, if you're happy never going any higher than a single Kingdom, sure, but for those who dream of the Norse hegemony, well, that's your best option until the Reformation.

I find this works especially well considering that pagan archbishoprics always pay their taxes and by the time I've reformed, I can eschew my original holdings in favor of captured holdings in Thrace, Sicily and Venice.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I've been having a grand old time as the Karlings. I started in 867 as the King of Bavaria and within about 10 years, had stabbed my way into owning all of my brothers' kingdoms and formed the HRE. Then I holy warred a pagan for his land, installed one of my sons as a bishop, made him Antipope, and installed him as Pope, and thus he became my vassal! Then I spent the rest of my reign changing all the inheritance laws to Ultimogeniture.

The next Emperor stabbed his way into West Francia and then turned Lollard, and spent the rest of his reign converting the entire massive realm into a heretic realm. And finally my latest Emperor spent the first years of his reign fighting a massive succession crisis, and has now exterminated the Papacy once and for all, replacing the pope with a Lollard archbishop.

Now what? All around me Europe burns. Most of the north -- the British Isles and the Baltic sea -- are Norse pagans. The Umayyads swallowed Spain and the Kingdom of Aquitaine. Eastern Europe is Reformed Tengri. The only remaining Catholic realms are tiny places in the Balkans and the few remaining Spanish Kingdoms.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Leb posted:

Right, up till the point where you hold multiple high level titles. To create an empire, you must hold two kingdom titles. Thus, on succession you will lose control of a kingdom to one of your brothers and a king vassal can be a damned dangerous thing. And if you decide to create another empire, that second empire goes independent on succession.

So basically, if you're happy never going any higher than a single Kingdom, sure, but for those who dream of the Norse hegemony, well, that's your best option until the Reformation.

I find this works especially well considering that pagan archbishoprics always pay their taxes and by the time I've reformed, I can eschew my original holdings in favor of captured holdings in Thrace, Sicily and Venice.

I don't even know where to start. First things first. Having a demesne of a single county is a ridiculous compromise for situations that are easily controllable. It boggles me that you are advocating putting yourself at a severe disadvantage against AI vassals which rebel based on relative power. 2nd: Don't want to lose your secondary kingdom title? Don't create it. It's not rocket science. Norse Pagans have infinite methods for expansion such that using the worst method of expansion (inching across the map county by county with dejure claims) is never necessary so there is no reason to form an empire for what? So you can hold one county and a bunch of duchies while every single one of your vassals in those counties desires your duchies and hates your guts? Forgetting all that, even if you are desperate to create an Empire, you can create it and give the secondary kingdom to another son.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Dr. Tough posted:

Yeah it looks like everything except for TOG is on sale :mad:

TOG is still 75% off on Steam until 10 AM PST.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Just so I get this right in my head, under Gavelkind I could for example hold 1 Kingdom title, 1 Duchy Title, and as many County titles as I like and there wouldnt be any issues with succession, as the other heirs would just get doled out the spare County titles when I die, and become vassals under the Kingdom title?

If I was to take over another Duchy title, it would be best to destroy it and just keep the Countys, otherwise a son would get it upon succession?

If thats the case is it even possible to take the step up from the Kingdom title to an Emperor Title, as a Norse? Surely it would require a hell of a lot of fighting and warring within one lifetime to gather the required Kingdoms under your command and not die before you can create the Emperor title?

Edit: On a different note, is Europa Universalis similar to this game, just at a later date?

Flippycunt posted:

FYI, until Wiz releases his final CK2+ patch I fixed most of the Republic problems in CK2+ in my CK2+: Kitchen Sink Edition mod.

Thats the mod I'm using, its awesomely comprehensive, thanks for taking the time to do it!

Tindahbawx fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 29, 2013

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Tindahbawx posted:

Just so I get this right in my head, under Gavelkind I could for example hold 1 Kingdom title, 1 Duchy Title, and as many County titles as I like and there wouldnt be any issues with succession, as the other heirs would just get doled out the spare County titles when I die, and become vassals under the Kingdom title?

If I was to take over another Duchy title, it would be best to destroy it and just keep the Countys, otherwise a son would get it upon succession?

If thats the case is it even possible to take the step up from the Kingdom title to an Emperor Title, as a Norse? Surely it would require a hell of a lot of fighting and warring within one lifetime to gather the required Kingdoms under your command and not die before you can create the Emperor title?

Yes. But it's better to parcel out your conquests to secondary sons, so you can keep the good poo poo in the main line (make sure to keep your heir unlanded).

When you conquer a duchy, unless you are pressing a claim, you don't automatically get the duchy title, you have to usurp or create. Don't bother doing either of those things.

Yeah, it definitely is, but depending where you start, it may be easy to beeline to reformation and switch to primo. Thought it's definitely possible to maintain a gavelkind empire, and with the Norse Pagan bonuses it's actually desirable until you feel like settling down and civilising.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Tindahbawx posted:

Its not that hard really. I mean figure you have one kingdom title then die and your 20 year old son inherits, assuming no succession crisis all he has to do is create a kingdom title and then create an Empire. No fighting is necessary if his predecessor has already claimed the needed land.

Also Norse/all pagans can reform their faith in order to gain the ability to change succession laws.

Tinkle
Sep 26, 2006
As useful as a trapdoor on a lifeboat.

Tindahbawx posted:

Edit: On a different note, is Europa Universalis similar to this game, just at a later date?

Eh not really, EU is more of a grand strategy game built on world conquest, while CK2 is kinda like a dynastic simulator in medieval times.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tindahbawx posted:

Similar game play style (it will feel awfully familiar to you) but the focus becomes the country rather than the family. It's not bad, but Crusader Kings 2 is worlds better in my opinion. EU is CK for people who like managing the armies and the economy and hate all those annoying personal problems that pop up.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

darnon posted:

TOG is still 75% off on Steam until 10 AM PST.

Yeah, but I have the gamersgate version of CK2 which evidently can't use Steam DLC.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Eh I don't think saying one is "better" or "worse" is really fair, it's personal preference. Every Paradox series has a particular "focus" that is somewhat determined by the time period they were in. The Renaissance/age of enlightenment is often characterized by rapid expansion, unification, and colonization, so Europa Universalis tries to emulate these. The Power of individual feudal families waned in this time period so it doesn't include the character interactions. That doesn't make it bad, just a different sort of experience.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Knuc If U Buck posted:

I don't even know where to start.

I agree, in theory, it sounds preposterous, but in practice, it's basically Primogeniture at low CA without the relation malus.

quote:

First things first. Having a demesne of a single county is a ridiculous compromise for situations that are easily controllable. It boggles me that you are advocating putting yourself at a severe disadvantage against AI vassals which rebel based on relative power.

Well, that's the beauty of it. If you're big enough to hold two empire titles and multiple kingdom titles, but all your direct vassals are dukes/archbishops, then the power of the lesser nobility is so decentralized that only the worst ruler making the worst decisions is going to face a rebellion. Meanwhile, the massive number of holdings combined with the unreformed Norse bonuses means you can field a massive retinue which will serve as your bulwark against rebellions if things DO go wrong.

quote:

2nd: Don't want to lose your secondary kingdom title? Don't create it. It's not rocket science. Norse Pagans have infinite methods for expansion such that using the worst method of expansion (inching across the map county by county with dejure claims) is never necessary so there is no reason to form an empire for what?

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing on this point -- if you're happy with a single Kingdom, this'll work fine. If you want to create all the titular titles to which you're entitled and want to keep them on succession, this is your only option until the reformation. Also, on the topic of CB, the Norse's primary offensive CB is county conquest, which is still inching across the map county by county, minus the de jure claim. The subjugation CB can only be used once per ruler and nets you an additional Kingdom title which you didn't want and so isn't particularly viable as a rapid expansion tactic.

quote:

So you can hold one county and a bunch of duchies while every single one of your vassals in those counties desires your duchies and hates your guts? Forgetting all that, even if you are desperate to create an Empire, you can create it and give the secondary kingdom to another son.

No, you hold as many empire and kingdom titles as you like, but you hold only a single county and a single duchy and you ensure that dangerous counts are vassalized behind benign dukes/archbishops.

If you haven't tried gavelkind this way, give it a try, it might surprise you.

ed: forum ate post :yayclod:

Leb fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 29, 2013

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Asmodai_00 posted:

:stare:

Oh man, I hope it actually works.

The old one didn't. :smith:

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Knuc If U Buck posted:

I don't even know where to start. First things first. Having a demesne of a single county is a ridiculous compromise for situations that are easily controllable. It boggles me that you are advocating putting yourself at a severe disadvantage against AI vassals which rebel based on relative power. 2nd: Don't want to lose your secondary kingdom title? Don't create it. It's not rocket science. Norse Pagans have infinite methods for expansion such that using the worst method of expansion (inching across the map county by county with dejure claims) is never necessary so there is no reason to form an empire for what? So you can hold one county and a bunch of duchies while every single one of your vassals in those counties desires your duchies and hates your guts? Forgetting all that, even if you are desperate to create an Empire, you can create it and give the secondary kingdom to another son.

YOu are playing Vanilla, right?
In CK+, your expansion options as Norse are a bit more limited. Pressing a courtiers claims on a de jure part of a Kingdom you own means you don't have to waste any other of your CBs that are on a 5-10 year cooldown.
Having a smaller demesne than your limit also gives you a bonues to levies, so you don't lose out on that much.
If you have an empire, you can press your kinsmen's claims on other kingdoms and they become your vassals, instead of having to wait until one of your rulers eventually inherits a claim themselves. But for an empire you need 3 kingdoms.

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear

marktheando posted:

Yeah Old Gods is just so much content that even at full price it's a bargain. I've played it a bunch and there's still so much I haven't tried yet. Next I'm thinking of trying Norse hard mode- a game as Erik the Heathen in 1066, has anyone tried this?
Yes, and it is indeed Norse Hard Mode. Best thing I found to do was to choose the Become King ambition, and subjugate remainder of Sweden. Conquer small Catholic rulers as you can, and subjugate the Tribe of Obotrites. This will get you the counties needed to kick the Jomsvikings event into action (event will fire only after you are King of Sweden though). Raid Italian republics. Once you have a power base, start stabbing to remove the Swedish king's allies (most likely Denmark and/or Norway at this point). Once that is done, take the crown. After that, you should have enough prestige to prepare an invasion, If Norway controls England, go for Denmark (Denmark's troops will allow you to better take on Norway if you are forming Scandinavia). If England controls England, go for England. If you attack Denmark, be prepared for HRE getting involved. As with earlier, you will have 2 years prep time to stab away any allies that will be problematic.

This is a very difficult start.

Omar_Comin fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 29, 2013

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Omar_Comin posted:

Yes, and it is indeed Norse Hard Mode. Best thing I found to do was to choose the Become King ambition, and subjugate remainder of Sweden. Conquer small Catholic rulers as you can, and subjugate the Tribe of Obotrites. This will get you the counties needed to kick the Jomsvikings event into action. Raid Italian republics. Once you have a power base, start stabbing to remove the Swedish king's allies (most likely Denmark and/or Norway at this point). Once that is done, take the crown. After that, you should have enough prestige to prepare an invasion, If Norway controls England, go for Denmark (Denmark's troops will allow you to better take on Norway if you are forming Scandinavia). If England controls England, go for England. If you attack Denmark, be prepared for HRE getting involved. As with earlier, you will have 2 years prep time to stab away any allies that will be problematic.

If you haven't tried it yet, also consider Dyre of Kiev in 867. Totally landlocked, one petty kingdom with two Slavic vassals, only one county in your personal demense, Slavics to the north and west, Tengri to the east, and the goddamn Magyars with their goddamn massive initial and 'Form Hungary' doomstacks to the south.

Now that's Norse Hard Mode.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I'd like to get into this again, how problematic is it using the current version of CK2+ with game version 1.103? And does it help that I'm probably going to reacquaint myself by playing a bog standard country and avoiding The Old Gods for now?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Beamed posted:

The old one didn't. :smith:

That was a different time though, I figure this one would be more professional since it's something being sold to the public at large on Steam etc.

CK2 was pretty damned popular for such a niche title, so there's probably a much bigger audience for EU4 than past titles.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I agree with Knuc If U Buck. As a Viking it's pretty trivial to conquer lands for your non heir sons and so avoid the bad effects of gavelkind, even in CK2+. gently caress gamey nonsense like having just one county.

ThomasPaine posted:

And a First Crusade bookmark. Why isn't that there, seriously.

I'm sure you probably know this, but just in case, you know you can choose any start date after 1066, you don't need to use the bookmarks. So it's easy to choose a first crusade start even with no bookmark.

Omar_Comin posted:

Yes, and it is indeed Norse Hard Mode. Best thing I found to do was to choose the Become King ambition, and subjugate remainder of Sweden. Conquer small Catholic rulers as you can, and subjugate the Tribe of Obotrites. This will get you the counties needed to kick the Jomsvikings event into action (event will fire only after you are King of Sweden though). Raid Italian republics. Once you have a power base, start stabbing to remove the Swedish king's allies (most likely Denmark and/or Norway at this point). Once that is done, take the crown. After that, you should have enough prestige to prepare an invasion, If Norway controls England, go for Denmark (Denmark's troops will allow you to better take on Norway if you are forming Scandinavia). If England controls England, go for England. If you attack Denmark, be prepared for HRE getting involved. As with earlier, you will have 2 years prep time to stab away any allies that will be problematic.

Nice, sounds like fun. All those Viking who have turned their back on the Old Gods and become Christian have an appointment with the hangman.

GhostDog posted:

I'd like to get into this again, how problematic is it using the current version of CK2+ with game version 1.103? And does it help that I'm probably going to reacquaint myself by playing a bog standard country and avoiding The Old Gods for now?

CK2+ is a bit buggy since I believe Wiz has been away and hasn't updated it for the latest patch.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
How can I remove trade posts from other patricians in my republic in Ck2+? Is the only way through a random event chain? Should I have been focusing on building trade zones from day 1?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Popular Thug Drink posted:

How can I remove trade posts from other patricians in my republic in Ck2+? Is the only way through a random event chain? Should I have been focusing on building trade zones from day 1?

I'm pretty sure you can plot to seize them, assuming you have fewer trade posts.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Leb posted:

If you haven't tried it yet, also consider Dyre of Kiev in 867. Totally landlocked, one petty kingdom with two Slavic vassals, only one county in your personal demense, Slavics to the north and west, Tengri to the east, and the goddamn Magyars with their goddamn massive initial and 'Form Hungary' doomstacks to the south.

Now that's Norse Hard Mode.

I just started a game as Dyre the Stranger this weekend, and so far after a few difficult periods in the early game and a really painful succession I am now making good progress. So I decided to look around, how is the situation in the rest of the world?

:stare:

Yes, thas IS the Abbasid Caliph of the Arabian Empire, who somehow has gotten the Umayyad Sultan (who has done really well) as his vassal. And he somehow got a claim on the kingdom of Persia, so I guess it is only a matter of time until he conquers them as well. And he can call on 150.000 men in 941... :derp:

Also nice: The king of Sweden, who rules most of Norway, Denmark, Finland and a big part of England.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

marktheando posted:

I agree with Knuc If U Buck. As a Viking it's pretty trivial to conquer lands for your non heir sons and so avoid the bad effects of gavelkind, even in CK2+. gently caress gamey nonsense like having just one county.

Yeah, the alternative is even gamier.

As a game mechanic, gavelkind is fundamentally broken because it puts the player and the player character in direct opposition. As the actual Duke, of course you're going to create two dukedoms if you can, and you'll give one to your first son and one to your second son because as a loving father, you're going to split your estate equitably between your children (or if you prefer, because you're bound by a strict system of land tenure) and you're not going to worry about fracturing your realm because, you know, you're dead. As the player, you're going to wait, possibly multiple generations, on creating any additional ducal titles until you can get your hands on a Kingdom title because otherwise, those lands will go independent on succession.

If you're playing with gavelkind and you're not losing chunks of your realm on succession, you're gaming the system one way or another.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

KittyEmpress posted:

It's the year 1242 and my norse bloodline has formed scandanavia, taken all of ireland and most of scotland, and is in the middle of a Great Holy War for England. What do I do next? Is it time to just restart?

Wanted to update this, I decided to declare a holy war against every single nation in the world after finishing my great holy war for england, then switched to observe mode and watched it go down with the AI in control.

Beat every pagan/russian rule to the east of Scandanavia, and easily was beating down the christian rulers, when the AI reached the muslims and noticed that the Arabian Empire (which had formed without me noticing) had a doomstack headed towards the scandanavian army.

Apparently my Queen was put as the leader of the army, because as soon as they crushed it the war ended and Scandanavia broke into a million pieces leaving behind Norse Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Finland, etc etc, with norse leaders in charge of duchies in francia, russia, and all those places.

So I decided to load up and play the duke of the francian duchy, and try to survive when they holy war me for that land back.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

KittyEmpress posted:

Wanted to update this, I decided to declare a holy war against every single nation in the world

:allears:

I'd love to read the scene in the novel where that declaration was made.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I'm ready to close up my Byz game and move on to :black101: but all I want to do is mend the Great Schism. However, that bunch of shitbirds the HRE conquered Judea some time ago and I managed to fabricate a claim on the Duchy of Jerusalem, and now I have the county of Jerusalem as well, but almost all the baron level holdings are still under the HRE. So I have to keep chipping away at the HRE one truce (or successful stabbing) at a time to get the entire county under control. Goddamnit.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

marktheando posted:

CK2+ is a bit buggy since I believe Wiz has been away and hasn't updated it for the latest patch.
Try this:

Flippycunt posted:

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Apparently the update that came with Old Gods deleted all my history files for wars that start post-Norman Conquest, and I didn't notice because I was too busy playing pagans in 867. Verifying the local data doesn't restore them. Is it :filez: to upload the vanilla history/wars folder somewhere, or alternately is there some mod that contains those files?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SeaTard posted:

I'm pretty sure you can plot to seize them, assuming you have fewer trade posts.

Is that it? As Venice I think I'm doing OK by 1120 - my house controls 3 cities outside of Venezia itself, only one city and the castle (Pallestrina?) remain in other family hands, I've managed to destroy a family entirely and plan to destroy the others so that the replacements are subjugated forever, and I've got 8 trade posts in the Gulf of Venice. What I should have done is put 3 of those posts elsewhere, I can see that now. My plan is to take the Republic of Ancona's posts and extend my sea zone one tile south to make my insane trade value even more insane but I can't think of a way to do that easily.

Problem is there is no way I will ever have less trade posts than any of my rival families. Even if I go one tile south of Venice by chipping away at Ancona, there's no way for me to get past the next sea zone south which is entirely controlled by the last rival family holding a city. I also don't seem to be able to destroy trade posts, which would be handy.

• Locked thread