Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Nipponophile posted:

I took the liberty of adding a few notes and clarifications to reflect proper That's No Goon raiding procedure:

This seems pretty accurate for our group. I actually watched a pretty good strategy video so I feel like I'm finally (barely) beginning to understand how this is supposed to work.

Now to memorize vengeance spec for the fight. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005
Professional Idiot - When to comes to stupid, we don't fuck around!
My wife and I had to halt our leveling grind briefly so we could attend San Diego Comic Con. We made costumes based on our SWTOR mains from Bergern Colony. They turned out alright for all the last minute cramming we had to do.

Now that it's over, back to leveling our Agents on JC!

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Unprofessional design critic

wtftastic posted:

This seems pretty accurate for our group. I actually watched a pretty good strategy video so I feel like I'm finally (barely) beginning to understand how this is supposed to work.

Now to memorize vengeance spec for the fight. :negative:

That's not so hard. Saber throw-charge-ravage, then maintain dots on scream, impale, and shatter, use ravage when proc'd unless situation makes it unfeasible, use vicious throw when proc'd, and use sundering assault, assault, smash, and slash as fillers.

Main thing you have to pay attention to is CDs because the dots on scream, impale, and shatter correlate with the CDs on said abilities and sundering assault is your biggest source of rage unless the boss throws you back and you can saber throw and charge.

ThreeSixXero fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 27, 2013

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Daric posted:

I ended up just taking the 3 crafting skills. I'm just going to use them to make extra money so I can afford a speeder when I hit 15.

I hope you mean gathering cause you won't make a lot that way...

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

RagnarokAngel posted:

I hope you mean gathering cause you won't make a lot that way...

I do, that's what typing on one computer while playing on the other gets you

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Waiting until my Guardian was 55 to start doing the class quests makes it truly awesome. The typical Sith "You are truly more powerful than I imagined!" boss battles actually FEEL that way when you kill them with two hits. :)

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Are there any must-have legacy unlocks I should purchase before playing alts? I have rocket boots and stuff, but I never really thought of buying anything else. I also cannot be bothered to collect the eleventy thousand parts you need for HK.

On my short list I see I should probably buy one of the +41 END crystals and legacy unlock it for collections, but that's about all I could find that looked economical.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I find it worth it to get a speeder you like off GTN and unlock it through collections, so all your alts from then on have a free speeder.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
Quick Travel down to 24 minutes is nice to have, as well as Personal Starship down to 1 hour. Though you'll need to pay 50k on each character to get that legacy unlock, it's well worth it. The ship repair droid is nice as it sells parts that make the ship droid able to do well with some trade skills. Everything else is pretty much up to you. I know I bought an account cargo bay so everyone has a good amount of bank space. If you want to buy both the ship mailbox and ship GTN terminal you don't have to go to fleet to become an AH baron. I haven't bothered with the fleet pass unlocks, since personal starship is almost as good.

All the other interesting stuff besides buying the species unlocks is per-character, and a ton of it is not useful after you level the character.

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007
STUPID MINORITIES ALWAYS MAKING ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE TO BE A WHITE MALE
Upgrade the rocket boots to the 1 minute cooldown.

Alt leveling tip:
If you want to level fairly quickly you need to find a way to get out of buildings/bunkers/caves quickly.

Rocket booting all the way back out is the worst option in many cases. Quick travel if it's available+you aren't saving the cooldown or the option that nobody seems to know about is suicide. Just hop off a cliff or get in combat with something and type /stuck and you'll die and rez outside at the nearest medical station.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Azzmo posted:

Alt leveling tip:
If you want to level fairly quickly you need to find a way to get out of buildings/bunkers/caves quickly.

Rocket booting all the way back out is the worst option in many cases. Quick travel if it's available+you aren't saving the cooldown or the option that nobody seems to know about is suicide. Just hop off a cliff or get in combat with something and type /stuck and you'll die and rez outside at the nearest medical station.

Rocket boots go down to 30 seconds with both upgrades! Between that, force speed, and stealth, leveling an assassin was super easy because most quests I could just skip the fighting and go straight to the boss.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Rascyc posted:

Are there any must-have legacy unlocks I should purchase before playing alts?

The legacy XP boosts for class quests and flashpoints (if you plan on running many FPs) give good bang for the buck. If you unlock them all I think it's a 30% increase and it stacks with any other consumable XP boost you run with. The other XP unlocks are good as well, of course, but I think the best ROI is from those two.

CesiumCanoe
Oct 9, 2012

Oh ya

Azzmo posted:

Just hop off a cliff or get in combat with something and type /stuck and you'll die and rez outside at the nearest medical station.

This is also the best way to do Makeb dailies.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Azzmo posted:

Alt leveling tip:

I dunno if this applies to falling damage, but if you're going the /stuck route, you might want to get nude first to avoid repair costs. They're not that bad initially but goddamn do they add up later on.

If you're ever on Ilum and see a Guardian in his underwear barrel past you into the middle of a mob and then instantly die, that's probably me. :suicide:

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Aubergine Mage posted:

If I could get a guild invite as Augiss on JC imp side I'd be happy!

Reposting this since I haven't been on in a while and annoying Jedi isn't as fun without goons

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Ill be honest, if you want an invite your best bet is to just use /who and search for That's No Goon (or Goon Squad for Republic).

This isn't Star Trek Online with a fairly large player base constantly online who also drops in to check the forums, you'll often only get a few at a time so you have to go look for them yourself in-game.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 29, 2013

Place Ad Here
Mar 15, 2005

DJDace posted:

My wife and I had to halt our leveling grind briefly so we could attend San Diego Comic Con. We made costumes based on our SWTOR mains from Bergern Colony. They turned out alright for all the last minute cramming we had to do.

Now that it's over, back to leveling our Agents on JC!

That's pretty awesome. I am way too lazy to ever be so creative.

Nipponophile posted:

I took the liberty of adding a few notes and clarifications to reflect proper That's No Goon raiding procedure:

That is 100% accurate

Place Ad Here
Mar 15, 2005
That's No Goon raiders:
I want to either start two 8 man groups or one 16 man group for raiding. Anyone that is interested and able to commit to this please message me ingame on Badwok and Marie'curie just to make sure I get the message. Also if you can please show up this Monday (7/29) and Wednesday (7/31) at 8:30 pm ET for raiding. Also if you want to raid, do not show up in lovely level 50 gear expecting me not to call you worthless, go get some 66s. If you can not make M/W for raiding please let me know and if we have enough people I will try to setup a raid night for other nights of the week.

That's No Goon members:
I am altering the guild ranks around a bit, so far only Savaara has given input as to what to change the ranks to. He has suggested turning them into SW themed animal names. So far the list I have come up with is as follows:
CEO (Guildmaster) - Krayt Dragon
CFO (Guild leaders) - Rancor
Officer (Officers) - Wampa
Director (raider/inviter) - Nexu
Analyst (plebs) - Tauntaun
Intern (people I don't trust with our goods/money) - Orokeet
Bantha Poodoo (mute/timeout) - Thranta

If you have any other suggestions for the guild rank names or have suggestions for the bank tab names please let me know. Also let me know if you like/dislike the current list I have and please, if you dislike give some suggestions, I am not creative.

kippa posted:

If you get the pod racer you even get the best levelling mount, as it has exceptional resistance to being knocked off.

I don't know if you heard about it but the Kurtob Alliance is the best speeder for leveling and shits all over your dumb pod racer.

Place Ad Here fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jul 29, 2013

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Swap one for womp rat and keep bantha poodoo.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So does this mean I get upgraded to Tauntaun or am I still just someone who can't be trusted? :shepface:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
The guild motto is "Trust No One." Well, that's one of our mottoes, at least. Others include "Pants Optional", "An Orokeet in the hand is worth two in the Denovan spacebush", "Always Be Closing", and "Oppa Gangnam Style".

So I was thinking about continuing the datacron run this weekend, but the Gree stuff is still going on, and it makes sense to let people run that while it's around. The weekend after next should be good, though. It falls between the Gree event and the 2.3 patch with the bounty hunt stuff. Subject to change, and I'll post more reminders, but as of now I'm planning for more datacron gathering Saturday, August 10th, at 8PM Central.

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 29, 2013

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
drat, there goes my plan to steal all the guild cash and blow it on a Czerka LD-1 Celebrator :unsmigghh:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

The guild motto is "Trust No One." Well, that's one of our mottoes, at least. Others include "Pants Optional", "An Orokeet in the hand is worth two in the Denovan spacebush", "Always Be Closing", and "Oppa Gangnam Style".

So I was thinking about continuing the datacron run this weekend, but the Gree stuff is still going on, and it makes sense to let people run that while it's around. The weekend after next should be good, though. It falls between the Gree event and the 2.3 patch with the bounty hunt stuff. Subject to change, and I'll post more reminders, but as of now I'm planning for more datacron gathering Saturday, August 10th, at 8PM Central.

But the gangnam guys left!

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

hobbesmaster posted:

But the gangnam guys left!

Since when have we been a pants optional guild?

wtftastic fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 29, 2013

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Crindee posted:

I dunno if this applies to falling damage, but if you're going the /stuck route, you might want to get nude first to avoid repair costs. They're not that bad initially but goddamn do they add up later on.
Jumped off any old random bit of Makeb yesterday without having been in combat, and happily found that I did not have to repair anything. So feel free to throw yourself off a cliff if you find one.

Place Ad Here posted:

That's No Goon members:
I am altering the guild ranks around a bit, so far only Savaara has given input as to what to change the ranks to. He has suggested turning them into SW themed animal names.
What, no Kowakian monkey-lizard?

Also, generally speaking, the current selection seems a bit boringly sincere. I'd like to see some more comical/fat/harmless animals in there.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I'll need an invite to the guild whenever y'all get a chance. Character's name is Darikash on Jedi Covenant.

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
Just watched as a group of Jedi all needed on an autocannon and a commando helmet.

Some idiots play this game I tell you what.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I've decided to level my old Juggernaut up from 50. I was getting my rear end thoroughly kicked trying to do the Ilum quests, so someone recommended I try Makeb. Here's the guide I'm trying to follow. Is there anything else really worthwhile to know as I get started on this new adventure? Is there a particular companion that is better than the others to level with?

SERPUS fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 29, 2013

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

BigDes posted:

Just watched as a group of Jedi all needed on an autocannon and a commando helmet.

Yep, that sounds like my experience every time I run a goddamn flashpoint.

Throw in some bitching by the tank and one guy who's AFK every two seconds, and you have the quintessential SWTOR flashpoint experience.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Alter Ego posted:

Throw in some bitching by the tank and one guy who's AFK every two seconds, and you have the quintessential SWTOR flashpoint experience.

Don't forget the consular/scoundrel/sorc/op who "accidentally" queues as healer but DPSes the whole time while the tank dies.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
The tanks might stay up a bit longer if they'd EVER BE EQUIPPED WITH A SHIELD EVER.

Seriously I've been doing one L55 Flashpoint every day for a little over a week; so far TWO of my tanks have had a shield equipped, the rest had nothing, not even a focus/generator. At first I assumed they were only spec'd as tanks to insta-queue for Flashpoints, but they all had +Shield/Absorption gear equipped, so that means either they somehow remembered to equip all their tanking gear, then went out of their way to de-equip their usual offhand, then forgot to replace it... or they somehow made it to 55 without figuring out this whole offhand business.

edit: THANK GOD.

Crindee fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 29, 2013

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
That's a display bug that's been around forever. Offhands frequently don't show up when inspecting others.

SERPUS posted:

I've decided to level my old Juggernaut up from 50. I was getting my rear end thoroughly kicked trying to do the Ilum quests, so someone recommended I try Makeb. Here's the guide I'm trying to follow. Is there anything else really worthwhile to know as I get started on this new adventure? Is there a particular companion that is better than the others to level with?

I'd suggest Quinn, as there are a lot of heavy-hitting mobs on Makeb, but if you've got Vette geared up well, she's a good option.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I don't know for sure as i haven't played in about a week, but in my sniper geared in 69s with Ensign Temple in a mix of 66s and 69s Makeb mobs basically died before either of us took damage. Before then when I was mostly running around in 50 HM gear, Lokin had to be around simply because I couldn't kill things fast enough to not need heals.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

BigDes posted:

I've never seen so many idiots in an MMO as I have this one. The 10-29 warzone bracket is infuriating.

Strategy fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 30, 2013

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Strategy posted:

I've never seen so many idiots in an MMO as I have this one. The 1-29 warzone bracket is infuriating.

At least the 10-29 bracket has an excuse. There's a level 55 commando on my server that runs around in half Partisan/half Conqueror Supercommando gear. I mean, yeah Bioware messed up the naming there, but you'd think he would notice after continually doing jack poo poo in warzones. (80k dmg, 50k healing.)

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Giving this another go for a bit and am leveling up an asstank. I am level 23 at the moment. Planning on doing story, fp's, and wz's. Most of the leveling guides say to use willpower gear rather endurance heavy gear. Is this still the best loudout?

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Giving this a try after only having played in the beta way back. I never actually did any of the story missions, so it will be interesting to see some bioware dialogue wheels again.

If you play without an advanced class, you don't get access to skill trees, correct? What advantage is there, then?

Does/has the expansion ever gone on sale? I'm not above throwing 5-15 bucks at this for preferred status.

Is there any place with good in-depth info about the Legacy system? Or should I just grind it out and see what happens?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Glass of Milk posted:

If you play without an advanced class, you don't get access to skill trees, correct? What advantage is there, then?

It's a dumb joke ignore it, pick an advanced class always.

The expansions doesn't go on sale, but is only 5 bucks if you're on a subscription. It's pretty much completely worth it to drop 25 bucks for your first month, as it will make leveling your first character (the hardest one)much faster and enjoyable.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Nipponophile posted:

That's a display bug that's been around forever. Offhands frequently don't show up when inspecting others.

That's comforting at least. Although speaking of bugs, is anyone suddenly having trouble with quest-items failing to drop? Just now I was doing Jam the Transmissions on Ilum, and suddenly the droids stopped dropping transmitters no matter how many of them I killed (normally the drop rate seems to be 100%), despite the quest showing that I'd only collected 3 out of 4 - I had to reset the quest to get them to start dropping again. That's the third quest that's happened on in the last few days, but I don't think it's ever happened to me before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

This diagram is what we needed to finish that boss!

• Locked thread