Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."

Umberger posted:

Also worth re-iterating: August 6th is the last day for the Chaotic Border Break quest, the Burning Rangers EQ, and all 3 current Bingo cards expire that day as well (well, everything will be there on the 6th but after maintenance they won't). On August 2-4 we will be getting +100% rare enemy appearance rate and +100% rare drop rate, so that will be a great time to do some last minute SW Teardowner farming and to go hunt any rare PAs you may be after.

Here's hoping they do some level 60 Falz in the next week, I took a break when it was going on every day and it's the only square I need in the Reverse card.

Hopefully they'll add in some new katana and bows with the patch, since the weekend rare boost would be a great opportunity to grab some shiny new gear. The lack of any boss drops is pretty frustrating at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Is the game good on a Vita? I've been out of town this whole weekend and now I'm busy most days, not having to sit at my computer would be a lot easier.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Souichiro posted:

I didn't, no, but whoever did named him "Mr.スポック." I found him waiting for the Big Vardha E-trial.

Mr. Spock in katakana. Supokku

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Drythe posted:

Is the game good on a Vita? I've been out of town this whole weekend and now I'm busy most days, not having to sit at my computer would be a lot easier.

Yeah, I played it on the Vita. It runs pretty well. You need a constant internet connection and the Vita's battery is balls.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?
Just a heads up from 5am(3h37m from this post) to 8am JST you will be unable to log into the game due to them adding new servers, you can however remain logged in if you are already during that time period.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-wild-ocean-pirates-coming-august-7th/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-KTDtpi8Po
here is our patch preview for next week, not shown in the video is the adjustment to hitstop frames on knuckles and the Twin Dagger Gear buff

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
I'm kind of disappointed that the chairs don't do that stuttery forward movement thing. At least they can still jump though.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Can't wait for next week when everyone is scooting around in hover chairs doing nothing but changing their fashion. It'll be like Wall-E, only the fat people will be represented by little anime girls.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
Seeing the old photon chairs makes me realize how much I miss atleast a nod to section IDs. Why can't I have the redria symbol as my emblem yet?

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Lenaway posted:

Seeing the old photon chairs makes me realize how much I miss atleast a nod to section IDs. Why can't I have the redria symbol as my emblem yet?

Maybe they'll implement it if they ever put the old PSO costumes in.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Handgun Harlot posted:

Maybe they'll implement it if they ever put the old PSO costumes in.

PSU had a whole event where you would run through a PSO-style mission complete with PSO monsters and weapons. You got one area of each of the levels: Forest, then Caves, then Mines, then Ruins. It was really fun but it seems like events in PSO2 are nothing at all like the PSU ones were.

That being said, I would be incredibly surprised if we do not at some point see a Limited Quest with some PSO throwbacks, and a whole AC scratch of PSO stuff. It'd be really easy for them to do and would be a pretty large amount of potential content.

Umberger fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 29, 2013

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.
Does using one of your registered friends as an NPC tag along in missions give them XP? On the surface it looks like it doesn't.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Shachi posted:

Does using one of your registered friends as an NPC tag along in missions give them XP? On the surface it looks like it doesn't.

No, but I think it gives them FUN! along with the FUN you earn for using them

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.

NextTime000 posted:

No, but I think it gives them FUN! along with the FUN you earn for using them

Ah ok. I was wondering what the point was to having them rather than any other NPC or just a PUG party. Granted, my buddy as an NPC plays better than he actually does himself. :downs:

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Shachi posted:

Ah ok. I was wondering what the point was to having them rather than any other NPC or just a PUG party. Granted, my buddy as an NPC plays better than he actually does himself. :downs:

Other NPCs do offer rewards if you talk to them (as in go up to them in the lobby and select the "Talk" option) once you reach certain friendship thresholds. The rewards are pretty much entirely useless things though.

If you're doing random COs solo you'll always want to have a full party though. There is a bonus to experience depending on how many people are in your party, regardless of if they're actual players or just NPCs of any type.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Well, the other important reason to that is that it increases the number of spawns as well (aside from minibosses), so it makes doing kill or collect COs a lot easier.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
so this happened earlier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6O-25cZp2k

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Just booted this up the other day to give katanas and bows a try and holy wow, are they fun. I went to go kill me some fangulfs and BAM. Ninja Gaiden. :black101: I couldn't ask for more.

So how do Bravers interact with the other classes? Are they a good sub, Primary class or what?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Bravers do better as a main class and are a pretty poor subclass. average stance and weak stance are nice, but hunter's stances do much more damage, and the braver really doesnt have anything else to offer as a sub.

hunter is a good subclass for braver, as it will give you a damage boosts to both weapons. Alternatively, subbing as a ranger gives you a weakbullet, which combined with weak stance means you can murder bosses.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Arguably you can sub braver over fighter for a hunter main. Weak stance is as much damage as a maxed out brave (more if you get charge boost) but a bit less then wise. The upside is that you only lose 10% damage if you're not hitting a weak point as opposed to 20% if you're not attacking from the right side. I think if you want a sub for hunter then you could just go with whichever weapon set you prefer for either fighter or braver.

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 30, 2013

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Subbing braver with a ranger has decent synergy, given if you use weak stance and have some investment in Ranger's weak hit advance skills. Works on weak bullet too.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
I used a 3-day room pass about an hour ago, feel free to mess up my room. Account name is Lenadez.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
You're going to wake up to miniature cars on every square inch of your floor.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Or a bunch of Sardinians. Wherever those came from.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

I keep seeing some of you running around, I should really wave someday. Even if I can't join the team since I have my own group. :v:

Added myself to the registry finally at least, so if anybody wants to add me in game, feel free. I'm a nutcase atm and I have a My Room purchased for another 17 days if anyone ever wants to go to it and goof off. I have almost the full set of instruments from the FUN shop, and am in the constant search for a full band...

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Lenaway posted:

I used a 3-day room pass about an hour ago, feel free to mess up my room. Account name is Lenadez.

The day after I first activated my room, I came back to shelves and shelves of rappies. Nothing but rappies. Rappies on shelves, rappies on tables, rappies on the floor.

Needless to say I have now installed a ball pool and some deck chairs to distract would-be home invaders.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Creepy bunny-man and my hip-grinding Herb, immortalized in time.

Anyway, anyone know a relatively stationary enemy I could test knuckle combos on? I'm thinking Big Vardha, but the standard knuckle combo moves you forward so it slowly pushes you through its core. Also gonna need to figure out how to get Fraps working decently in PSO2...

But yeah, lately I've been using a 1 hit->dodge-1 hit-dodge combo with knuckles since it keeps you stationary while attacking and lets you largely ignore things like Banshee/Banther's roar, but I'm curious to see how the actual speed holds up compared to a 1->2->3-dodge and regular 1->2->3 combo. It seems to cancel out the hitstop but that only matters if the dodge animation itself is faster than it.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

One and the Same posted:

So how do Bravers interact with the other classes? Are they a good sub, Primary class or what?

Br/Hu is good for a melee/katana focused Braver, because Fury Stance offers substantial benefits to Just Attacks with minimal downsides, and getting access to the 8* all-class Hunter weapons is a really good alternative if you find katana damage lacking. If you're going the bow route, Br/Ra is the way to go. Braver as a whole has a bit higher barrier of entry with regards to good gear because its choices are so limited and the availability of said gear is somewhat of an issue too. But as far as early/mid-game progression goes they're perfectly alright. Once we start seeing some more weapons be released, Braver will be a pretty good main class. It also has a somewhat hidden benefit of unlocking the 3 supplemental classes (Fighter, Gunner, Techer) at 30 instead of requiring you to get their respective main class to 30 so there's that.

As for being a sub class, Braver is very good for Force. If you max out Weak Stance+Up+Charge you get a 1.57x multiplier to your damage so long as you're using the right element. Hitting a weak point also increases your damage, allowing you to do things like Nafoie on Gu/Ga Wondas and Cyclonehda/Kuklonahda weak points to kill them almost instantly. You'll hit stronger than a Brave Stance (5 Stance 10 Up = 1.15*1.2 = 1.38x front, 0.85x back) and slightly weaker than if you'd have been using Wise Stance (5 Stance 10 Up = 1.25*1.3 = 1.625x back, 0.85x front) and it requires you to use the right element so you lose some of the utility of being able to spam high damage Zondes on everything, but I haven't run in to any issues with that yet. The start of Naberius II TA is about the "worst" it gets in that regard.

As far as being a sub class for any other main, I'm not too sure. Hunter and Fighter probably still benefit from one another too much to pick up Braver as a sub class, especially because Average Stance is very middling for its large investment compared to Brave/Wise, and it doesn't come close to the Fury Stance boosts. Weak Stance is good for melee but not always practical and switching can be tedious compared to just using Brave Stance which will meet its conditions with little effort given the nature of melee combat. Ranger and even Gunner are both better off using Hunter for Fury Stance, or Gu/Ra just for Weak Bullet and possibly higher burst damage for bosses. I wouldn't recommend Te/Br just because a caster-focused Techer without Force sub is generally going to be awful (PP Charge Revival is borderline mandatory for casters, and you lose out on all of Force's buffs to Fire+Lightning which make for massive DPS increases and are used in a large majority of the game's content) and if you're going to be wand/melee focused you'll want, surprise surprise, Hunter as a sub class for Fury Stance.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Miijhal posted:

Creepy bunny-man and my hip-grinding Herb, immortalized in time.

Anyway, anyone know a relatively stationary enemy I could test knuckle combos on? I'm thinking Big Vardha, but the standard knuckle combo moves you forward so it slowly pushes you through its core. Also gonna need to figure out how to get Fraps working decently in PSO2...

But yeah, lately I've been using a 1 hit->dodge-1 hit-dodge combo with knuckles since it keeps you stationary while attacking and lets you largely ignore things like Banshee/Banther's roar, but I'm curious to see how the actual speed holds up compared to a 1->2->3-dodge and regular 1->2->3 combo. It seems to cancel out the hitstop but that only matters if the dodge animation itself is faster than it.

Wandas come to mind, maybe crabs too.

They said they are reducing the hitstop on knuckles next week so your science might be invalidated

my personal Knuckle PA setup is Backhand -> Flash Thousand -> Surprise Knuckle. Backhand is not there to combo into anything, just to poo poo damage by either step attack -> Backhand or Dodge -> Backhand (or Zondeel:getin: -> Backhand:frogout: ). I usually like to toss 2 or 3 basic attacks between PAs just to keep my PP bar up for a long as I can.

I must say; now that I have been more liberal in my use of Zondeel and Megiverse usage my Hu/Te and Fi/Te play has gotten a lot better! and then I zondeel a school of chomping fish into my face and kill myself.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

The ridiculously long super armor that Dagashes and Dagachas get and their irritating habit of attacking you after they're already dead makes them one of my least favorite enemies.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Do Forces or Te/Hu Wand Gear users ever do competitive single target damage or are they merely really good at grouping/exploding trash? I've tried both Fo/Te Zondespam and weakness matching and Te/Hu Wand Gear shenanigans but anything with a decent chunk of HP takes absolutely forever to die and I'm getting performance envy whenever I see a gunner or a hunter go to work. Big groups of garbage enemies blow up real nice, but after seeing some people using Additional Bullet spam(:stare:) that doesn't really feel like a terribly unique thing.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 30, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

The new Techs that came out with Ep.2 are a big boost. Nafoie can do solid single target damage or great area damage, Nagrants is solid area damage with excellent coverage, Namegid does huge single target damage but is high risk due to the long charge time and high PP cost, and Nazonde does good area damage but requires button mashing or turbo fire.

Hunters have always been good in terms of versatility, and they got some good new tools in Wild Round, Guilty Break, and Sacred Skewer. Gunners got Heel Stab for AoE and the huge boost from S Roll JA Up. Both are humbled by launcher Ra/Hu when it comes to wrecking packs at long range though. In short, the grass is always greener. I would never turn down a Tech user for a party just because they have such a huge bag of tricks with very few limits on when and how to use them. I have a Fo 60 myself, and while there are some situations where you're at a disadvantage, provided you've got level appropriate gear you can wreak impressive amounts of havoc with massive area damage and status effects.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Namegid also has the somewhat irritating habit of killing things before everyone else is done breaking their parts. :argh:

On the other hand, in the hands of an intelligent person, Falz Elder is going to evaporate about two seconds after all his arms are broken.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

By the time all his arms are broken it only takes about two seconds to off him anyway. Where Namegid is really awesome is against the hands, since it will blast huge chunks off their HP on a WB'd weakpoint. Since you don't have to worry about blowing your shot when they move around, you can charge it to max as long as you stay out of the line of fire.

Also, my thoughts on Hu/Br: right now this combo is hamstrung by lack of accessible all class weapons and no rare drop PAs, so Hu/Fi is the clear winner. A good all-class bow would be really nice to have as Hu, since long range pinpoint accurate damage is a major gap, even with Sacred Skewer, and would make breaking parts like Quartz' wings a lot easier. A fast, high damage, single target katana PA (which is almost certainly in the cards) with a good all-class katana would also be a draw, since Hu PAs don't have anything that fits that niche making Fi-sub for Deadly Archer so incredibly useful. So with the right itemization and PAs, Hu/Br could rival Hu/Fi with flexibility instead of single target raw damage, but as it stands now, you're stuck with low damage weapons and a limited set of tools, awesome though some of them may be.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I've been experimenting a bit with a 49 (almost 50) Braver in small group things. There IS parity with other classes at this level, I almost feel like I hit quite hard in SPITE of not having a good weapon. A lot of this comes from being careful with what abilities I use when. More than other classes, I find myself swapping between multiple different katana combos depending on circumstance, sometimes in the middle of a fight.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
You can set multiple PA sets to the same weapon by putting the weapon in multiple slots on your palette.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

That can get troublesome when you're playing a class with a lot weapons to choose from. As Hu/Fi my slots are Sword, Wired Lance, Partisan, Double Saber, Knuckle, Gunslash. I'd really like to double up on Wired Lance and Partisan so that I can run Wild Round/Other Spin and Sacred Skewer/Assault Buster and JA spam all of them, but that would mean dropping something else useful. It wouldn't be much of a problem if you could save PA loadouts for duplicate copies of weapons, but it only remembers one.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Schubalts posted:

You can set multiple PA sets to the same weapon by putting the weapon in multiple slots on your palette.

I did, in fact, already know that. I mean that I have like.. four slots of my weapon palette with various katana combos, and I find myself, at times, swapping between them in the MIDDLE of a fight.

Maybe that's a good thing, it means there's not a lot of dead space in the Braver PA loadout.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Protocol 5 posted:

The ridiculously long super armor that Dagashes and Dagachas get and their irritating habit of attacking you after they're already dead makes them one of my least favorite enemies.

I don't think anybody likes them. Their habit of ganging up and comboing you during Falz Hunar Extermination and Darker's Den is really frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Good news: Super Falz will be running 4 times daily from tomorrow through maintenance next Wednesday. Now's the time to fill in your bingo card or get in some powerleveling. ARKS Ship Inferno will also be running twice daily at set times, though not very convenient ones (noon and 3 AM EST). It'll be running at the same time as the double rare spawn and drop rates this weekend, so you'll have increased chances at good items too, so don't miss it.

• Locked thread