Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Well that looks promising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Game could certainly be better, Cologne sorta lost their drive after the 0-1. I expect it to heat up the closer it gets to full time though.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Nice header.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

At at last Ujah scores, if he stops doing that Cologne will be hosed considering that their tactics seem to consist solely of "punt it to the front".

Psybro
May 12, 2002
General Germany football query:

It looks like I will have the option of going to either MSV Duisburg or Rot-Weiss Essen in a couple of weeks, which would be preferable?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Duisburg is higher league so better football and maybe even a solid bunch of away fans. Essen used to have decent atmosphere, no idea how it is nowadays. Any reason you are limited to the two, you don't want to see 1./2.Liga?

Psybro
May 12, 2002

elbkaida posted:

Duisburg is higher league so better football and maybe even a solid bunch of away fans. Essen used to have decent atmosphere, no idea how it is nowadays. Any reason you are limited to the two, you don't want to see 1./2.Liga?

Doing a North Rhine-Westphalia weekender with a friend, but for some reason he organised it before the fixtures came out, so instead of going to the Westfalenstadion, I'll be seeing some lower league cloggers. I like going to Germany and frequently watch 8th tier English football, so should be a laugh anyway.

I am seeing Fortuna Dusseldorf on the Friday though.

Psybro fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 28, 2013

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

NRW is super dense, Leverkusen, Schalke, Dortmund, Köln, Düsseldorf are all within one hour by train away from one another. What weekend are you here exactly?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nBNNQ1WLAQ

Haha this guy is amazing :D

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Just amazing. My favorite part is: "Es is Sonntach. Ich bin nich im Puff."

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Seriously, that guy scares the poo poo out of me. He's probably turning it up to 11 because he's wearing a wire but goddamn guy, what went wrong in your life?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

what went wrong in your life?
Schalke, that's what. :v:

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Jealous? :smuggo:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

Schalke, that's what. :v:

:iamafag::respek::razz:

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Katana Gomai posted:

NRW is super dense, Leverkusen, Schalke, Dortmund, Köln, Düsseldorf are all within one hour by train away from one another. What weekend are you here exactly?

9th-11th August.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Leverkusen vs. Freiburg, 10.08.2013, 15:30. Your friend should be able to order tickets through the website (bayer04.de), which are super cheap and frankly, you could do much worse than this game. Tickets also cover (part of) the train fare, you'll only have to buy a ticket to Langenfeld (basically you're in the VRR, Leverkusen tickets cover the VRS. Ask your friend what that means. :v:) Just as an example, the RE train from Essen to Leverkusen takes, like, 35 minutes. I don't know where exactly you're located, but even Dortmund to Leverkusen is just an hour.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 29, 2013

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

Dortmund to Leverkusen is just an hour.
Yeah, that rules. It's also incredible just how much ground the VRR covers.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Katana Gomai posted:

Seriously, that guy scares the poo poo out of me. He's probably turning it up to 11 because he's wearing a wire but goddamn guy, what went wrong in your life?

Don't tell me there is no guy like this somewhere in your block at every match! That's just what football does to people. :)

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

elbkaida posted:

Don't tell me there is no guy like this somewhere in your block at every match! That's just what football does to people. :)

Remember that you're talking to a Leverkusen fan.

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009

elbkaida posted:

What is truly remarkable is that it is so universal. I watched a league football match in the Seychelles a few years ago (St Michel against Red Star) and there was a man sitting behind us shouting so vociferously in Creole. Anyone who has watched any British football will know fans exactly the same. Watching that video reminded me of how truly universal football is.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Healbot posted:

Remember that you're talking to a Leverkusen fan.

Don't worry, we've got our share of lunatics as well. I'm just parroting what someone said in the comments.

Although I gotta hand it to you, sick burn.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jul 30, 2013

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Pokal-time, bitches! The match to watch today is probably RB Leipzig - Augsburg at 8pm, wherein we watch if Leipzig continues murdering football itself.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Katana Gomai posted:

Don't worry, we've got our share of lunatics as well. I'm just parroting what someone said in the comments.

Although I gotta hand it to you, sick burn.

Yeah, I don't read Youtube comments unless I'm in the mood for depression. :v:

Edit: Can to Leverkusen on loan is looking likely.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Aug 2, 2013

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Healbot posted:

Yeah, I don't read Youtube comments unless I'm in the mood for depression. :v:

Neither do I normally, I actually got an addon in my Firefox that turns off all comments on all websites. :shobon: By the way, is anyone else annoyed by the fact that the media treat this "Audi Cup" as if it's an actual thing? I mean come on, it's a loving Mickey Mouse preseason cup.

Friendly reminder, sign up for the Kicker Manager! http://manager.kicker.de/interactive/bundesliga/managerliga/ligabeitretendetail/manliga/1190

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
So we just sold Emre Can to Leverkusen. For some reason it's not a loan deal, instead his contract has a buy back clause installed.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

So we just sold Emre Can to Leverkusen. For some reason it's not a loan deal, instead his contract has a buy back clause installed.

I saw Kicker posting about this yesterday but guess it has just been finalized. As for why it's not a loan, I guess Bayern just don't think he has the potential to matter in the long run. They can buy him back if he turns out to be a hit, but otherwise he's our problem. Personally, I don't really see why we needed to buy him in the first place; I don't think he is good enough to play significant minutes and God knows we buy enough loving Perspektivspieler already. I think Bayern made the better deal here.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Katana Gomai posted:

I saw Kicker posting about this yesterday but guess it has just been finalized. As for why it's not a loan, I guess Bayern just don't think he has the potential to matter in the long run. They can buy him back if he turns out to be a hit, but otherwise he's our problem. Personally, I don't really see why we needed to buy him in the first place; I don't think he is good enough to play significant minutes and God knows we buy enough loving Perspektivspieler already. I think Bayern made the better deal here.

Bayern went that way because he didn't want to extend his contract beyond 2014.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
http://www.bayer04.de/b04-deu/de/2018.aspx?guid=2018-E1E2E4F5-6BA6-4086-90E9-9D3A13CC58B2

He's getting the #10 jersey :thumbsup:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Can is a vit full of himself and also a bit poo poo, but take my opinions with a grain of salt since I thought Hummels sucked at Bayern (he still kinda does without Subotic) and really liked Sandro Wagner lol

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Yeah, he hasn't been that impressive lately. However, I think he's more suited to being a centre back than a defensive midfielder.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Kid's 19 years old, he will turn out something wonderful in time.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Adulterous Hitler posted:

and really liked Sandro Wagner lol

I was going to say "remember Sandro Wagner?" if anyone had started to complain about the Can deal. Obviously, Bayern are sure he won't cut it at the club and if he happens to surprise them (and me), they have the buyback clause. Smart business by Bayern, really.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I think we all wish we could forget Sandro Wagner.

I admit I haven't been following the 2. Bundesliga that closely last year but I'm still puzzled that apparently Hertha want to extend his contract.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dunban posted:

I think we all wish we could forget Sandro Wagner.

I admit I haven't been following the 2. Bundesliga that closely last year but I'm still puzzled that apparently Hertha want to extend his contract.

I remember Hermann Gerland talking about Wagner and he literally said that 'Sandro can't hit a barn door from five meters'.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Maybe Football is still alive ?!

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

Healbot posted:

Kid's 19 years old, he will turn out something wonderful in time.

Makes sense to let him turn into something wonderful elsewhere too. Right now he'd be 5th choice DM at best. Not going to get better when he's sitting on the bench next to the selecao's starting DM who can't get playing time either. (That actually pretty amazing when you think about it :eek: )

Speaking of subs, how many teams in the BL would actually be better than Bayern's subs? Thinking of a line-up of:
Starke; Rafinha-Boateng-DVB-Contento; Gustavo; Shaqiri-Goetze-Pizza-Weisser; Mandzukic. They'd probably qualify for Europa League at least...

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

DFB-Pokalorama continues today, and after football managed to escape murder yesterday, we have a slew of games to watch:

15:30
Sportfreunde Baumberg - FC Ingolstadt 04
SG Aumund-Vegesack - 1899 Hoffenheim
Neckarsulmer Sport-Union - 1. FC Kaiserslautern
SV Lippstadt 08 - Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Fortuna Köln - 1. FSV Mainz 05
TSG Neustrelitz - Sport-Club Freiburg
1.FC Magdeburg - FC Energie Cottbus
SV Wilhelmshaven - Borussia Dortmund
Bahlinger SC - VfL Bochum 1848

18:00
TSV 1860 Rosenheim - VfR Aalen

20:30
SV Eintracht Trier - 1. FC Köln
Karlsruher SC - VfL Wolfsburg

Who will be the scrappy underdog to defeat the seasoned Bundesligist this year? SV Wilhelmshaven supposedly switched their jersey numbers around in their last practice so as to mess up Dortmund's scouting, advanced tactics ITT.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Bayern fans (not plastics), how much truth is there to this article? http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/fanszene-beim-fc-bayern-vorbild-barcelona-1.1737896 From an outside perspective, I think it does make more sense to keep 300 tickets per game on hold and raffle them out so everyone gets a chance to see the team, at least ideally.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Aug 3, 2013

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Katana Gomai posted:

Bayern fans (not plastics), how much truth is there to this article? http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/fanszene-beim-fc-bayern-vorbild-barcelona-1.1737896 From an outside perspective, I think it does make more sense to keep 300 tickets per game on hold and raffle them out so everyone gets a chance to see the team, at least ideally.

The unfortunate truth, home games in the last season have already been silent affairs. Bayern is trying a bit too hard for the Premier League state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Yeah, it is true.

What that article fails to mention however is that (partly) the reason Bayern did this was because Club Nr 12, Inferno Bavaria, Schickeria etc are massive cunts who would repeatedly light flares, pyrotechnics and so on despite knowing it's forbidden and the club having to pay hundreds of thousands € worth of fines.

It's ridiculous that they think they're something special and better than everyone else and believe that anyone really cares about their little boycott.

Anyway, let's talk about happier things, like Dortmund hopefully losing to Wilhemshaven so that we can laugh at Klopp's stupid ugly face.

• Locked thread