Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Veeb0rg posted:

The 98+ intrepid had it in the same basic spot but on the passenger side. It.couldn't be removed like that though, you have to remove the airbox and then wiggle it up and out while trying not to ground it out on the metal.

actually, you could. the inner fender liner has a portion that comes out to access the battery.

I still defend this as a not so terrible place for the battery. It puts the weight right over the drive wheel and more importantly keeps it further away from the engine heat, which is what ruins batteries.

How often do you really need to get to the battery? Once every 5-7 Years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
High mounted double wishbone suspension, like an Audi. :smug:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Mighty Horse posted:

How often do you really need to get to the battery? Once every 5-7 Years?

That's not THAT far from engine heat, and at least in AZ I've owned more than a few vehicles that kill batteries annually or close to it.

If there's ever an application to switch out a lead-acid car battery for a smaller lithium ion pack, that's it right there just to make it easy to get in/out. Only problem is then the battery would be worth as much as the rest of the car.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

IOwnCalculus posted:

That's not THAT far from engine heat, and at least in AZ I've owned more than a few vehicles that kill batteries annually or close to it.

If there's ever an application to switch out a lead-acid car battery for a smaller lithium ion pack, that's it right there just to make it easy to get in/out. Only problem is then the battery would be worth as much as the rest of the car.

Short trip AZ driving. We just get used to replacing these things once a year. :P

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Short, long, it doesn't matter. It does seem to vary with how well protected the battery is from heat - the two longest-lived batteries I've ever experienced were in the trunk of a Miata and under the backseat of a W210 E-class.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Can you jump start it without taking off the tire?

Alphius
Nov 5, 2009
They have jump start lugs in the engine bay that are connected directly to the battery wiring.

Source: Drove an '02 Intrepid for a couple months. 3.2 V6 was pretty peppy.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Throatwarbler posted:

High mounted double wishbone suspension, like an Audi. :smug:

It's actually a retarded multilink virtual double wishbone setup that got inherited from the Mitsubishi Galant/Eclipse of the same era.

Still better than McStruts. :colbert:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Got two unique cars on ebay.

First up, a diesel Lincoln.

1984 Lincoln Mark Series

Second, one of twelve (I think) convertible Mark VII's.

1989 Lincoln Mark Series Coach Builders limited

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Coming from someone who has fond memories road tripping in my buddies mark. That convertible is loving awful. Also I think 85 was the only year for the diesel. I heard it was an option but never seen one. Imagine that it must be a dog.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

You know what should be a hanging offence? Filling your (already lovely) craigslist post with "keywords" at the bottom, like so:

quote:

92 honda corolla for sale. runs good... NO SCAMMERS!

keywords: bmw mercedes honda toyota ford mercury lincoln lexus classic cadillac mustang pickup convertible 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 kia hyundai diesel gasoline automatic stereo

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The diesel was around for a couple of years and they made over a thousand of them. I've actually seen quite a few up on craigslist and ebay, but yeah they're terrible and only worth owning for the novelty. I'll stick with my V8 Mark VII, it already gets decent highway mileage.

Pham Nuwen posted:

You know what should be a hanging offence? Filling your (already lovely) craigslist post with "keywords" at the bottom, like so:

That's nothing. This is what real keywords look like.

quote:

Tags: music Houston screwstone ugk trill chevy, impala ss, impala, chevy caprice, caprice, cadillac, cadillac deville, deville, old school, classic, slab, donk, swangers, swangas, 84, 84z, 84s, biscayne, chevy truck, truck, suburban, tahoe, candy, candy paint, harley davidson, harley davidson road king, road king, road king classic, electra glide, street glide, screaming eagle, screamin eagle, deluxe harley, soft tail, hayabusa, suzuki hayabusa, trex, t-rex, mercedes, mercedes benz, bmw, bmw 650, 650li, bmw 750, 750li, bmw cheap 760, 760li, cruiser, escalade, honda, saturn, ferarri, lamborghini, porsche, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, rims, rims and tires, wheels, chopper, fat boy, big dog, integra supra turbo Mr2 fast gt ss hellaflush supercharger integra acura Honda mustangs camaro turbo dropped civic rims accord v6 firebird sentra spec v shells quick car quick sell iPhone 4 nintendo ds dsi ipad 3ds wii vita unlock jailbroken computer led laptop macbook pro imac apple ipod sony tv dvd screen cell phone android htc hd2 sprint verizon at&t h2o blackberry 9800 9700 ps3 psp xbox 360 ipod 3g 4g iPod; iPhone; apple; mac; nexus; zune; 3g; digital; SLR; jl audio kicker fi loud mac mini subs box woofer excursion cod ps3 wii crome mustang bmw money trade car rimscvx type r x s e video games , simcard, GSM, unlocked, tmobile, LG, Iphone, blackberry, G1, smartphone, multimedia, alarm start remote sprint, nextal, verison, megapixcel,Iphone, Itouch, g1, behold, curve, , n95, n96, sidekick, slider, samsung, htc, itouch, ps3, nintando, Apple Audiovox Blackberry Curve Pearl HTC Touch kyocera Casio grand prix trans camero Nokia Motoroal LG Palm att tmobile truck z10 Blackberry storm t mobile AT&T sprint Verizon games all , xbox, Location:tall video, att, phone, mobile dsi, NOT ok to wii, HALO. ball, soccer, , Touch, iPhone,- 2g,mp3, 3g, 3gs,S710 S730 S740 SMT5800 XV6800 Advantage wood wheel X7500 Advantage X7501 Cavalier Air Jordan Pink W490 Purple W510 W755roadmaster master road mustang red Black W755 Purple Z9 Burgundy ZN200 Adventure V750 Aura Delete tmobile boost i90c Evoke QA4 Hint90 A795 A800 planet audio boss bang bass twetters A820 A850 A870 A880 A890 A920 A930 A940 A950 A960 A970 A990 Fuze P4600 Google G1 Black Google amp 2250 g8 g10 g15 swangaz G1 Bronze Google G1 White. keyword: iphone, blackberry, 3g, 3gs, 2g, samsung, g1, g2, hero, palm, htc, lg, mytouch, NEXUS ONE, htc, n97, phone, Itouch, g1, behold, curve, blackberry, cellphones, T-Mobile, storm, memoir, sidekick, playstation, wii, xbox, mp3, mp4, touchscreen, psp, iphone sony, bluetooth, AT&T, Cingular,5800,6130, nokia, , n95, n96, sidekick, slider, samsung, htc, itouch, ps3, nintendo. blackberry pearl, blackberry pearl,lx, id, slide, 4, psp, ds, nintendo, sony, 4g, 4gs, criket, Verizon d2 d3 kenwood sony bang system 20",22",23'',24'',26'',28'',30'',20s,22s,24s,26s,28s,30s,22 inch rims,rims,audio,slab,blades,choppaz,lambo,lambo doors,suicide kit,5th wheel,bumper kit,donk,candy,hid,h.i.ds,screens,subwoofers,subs,bang,83s,84s,swangas,swangers,elbows,cragar,wire rims,vouge,vouges,tyres,train horn,neons,neon kit,trade,chrome women,alarm,cadillac,sedan deville,vouges,grill,kicker,L7, l5 slab monte carlo park ave avenue cvr,solo,speakers,pop trunk,airbags,phone,touchscreen,xbox,playstation 3,playstation 2,psp,ps2,ps3,games,jordan,jordans,clothes,dlp,plasma,tv,t.v,t v,flat screen,tube tv laptop blackberry playbook ipad itouch car truck pool table austin tx beaumont bryan tx Killeen car, alarm, car alarms, car stereo, masr, plus, mser car stereo plus, mas car stereo, car windows, Houston car stereo, car stereo Houston, tint, window tint, viper, Kenwood, Lambo, door, doors, Lambo doors, Lamborghini doors, Lamborghini, 5th wheel, fifth wheel, wheels, tires, custom, installation, stereo, car stereo, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, Prestige, elbow, Memphis, kicker, speakers, woofers, subwoofer box, subwoofer, electronics, services, leather, wood kit, wood, kit, chrome, lights, LEDs, strobe lights, strobe, cars, trucks, vans, remote, remote start alarm, remote starter, remote start, remote, start alarm, crank, crank alarm, remote crank, remote crank alarm, rims, 20s, 22s, 24s, 26s, 28s 30s, 20 inch, 22 inch, 24 inch, 26 inch, 28 inch, 30 inch, pop trunk, trunk, custom trunk, suicide doors, vertical doors, butterfly doors, twisted doors, gullwing , gullwing doors, Mercedes blinkers, Avital, Avital Alarms, Viper, Python, Excalibur alarm, Excalibur, JL audio, Rockford Fosgate, Fosgate, Punch, Rockford Punch, Infinity, Alpine, power acoustic, acoustic, power, Db, Db 1000,Db 2000, bass, amplifier, amp, radio, cd player, cd changer, MP3, MP3 reader, USB, watt, bass amp, high amp, iPod, auxiliary, aux, iPhone, 6 x 9 speakers, 6 x 9, 6.5, 6 and a half, door speakers, TV, headrest, TV headrest, beat, trunk beat, helmet, grill, wood grain, woodgrain, wood grain wheel, steering wheel, HID, hooligan lights, wood wheel, dash, harness, plug, wires, tweeters, battery, Q Power, XO Vision, Pyle, View, Pyle view, DJ, DEH, DEH 2300, AVH 1400 DVD, AVH 4400, AVIC- 940 BT, AVIC- Z140BT, KW- NT30HD, KW- AV50, KW-AV70BT, KW, AVX, AVH, AVIC, NT, IVA, KVT, DNX, Jenson, Valor, train horn, neon, neon lights, tail lights, headlights, head lights, tail lights, taillights, monitor, rear view, rear view camera, rear camera, camera, reverse camera, BMW fin, fin, under car, sub box, bass box, Probox, 212 box, 215 box, 312 box, 315 box, HIDs, HID, Planet Audio, Boss, Bose, nitro, NOS, MC, crossover, used, new, flip down, flip out, come out, AC, compressor, pump, trunk pump, Spanish, English, Arabic, system, ride, car, alarm, car alarms, car stereo, plus, car stereo plus, car stereo, car windows, Houston car stereo, car stereo Houston, tint, window tint, viper, Bluetooth, music Kenwood, Lambo, door, doors, Lambo doors, Lamborghini doors, Lamborghini, 5th wheel, fifth wheel, wheels, tires, custom, installation, elbows, upholstery, car seats, peanut butter, sun roof, gator, convertible, stereo, car stereo, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, Prestige, elbow, Memphis, kicker, speakers, woofers, subwoofer box, subwoofer, electronics, services, navigation, pimp, GPS, tracking, CD, leather, wood kit, wood, kit, chrome, lights, LEDs, strobe lights, strobe, cars, trucks, vans, remote, remote start alarm, remote starter, remote start, remote, start alarm, crank, crank alarm, remote crank, remote crank alarm, rims, 20s, 22s, 24s, 26s, 28s 30s, 20 inch, 22 inch, 24 inch, 26 inch, 28 inch, 30 inch, pop trunk, trunk, custom trunk, suicide doors, vertical doors, butterfly doors, twisted doors, gullwing , gullwing doors, Mercedes blinkers, Avital, Avital Alarms, Viper, Python, Excalibur alarm, Excalibur, JL audio, Rockford Fosgate, Fosgate, Punch, Rockford Punch, Infinity, Alpine, power acoustic, acoustic, power, Db, Db 1000,Db 2000, bass, amplifier, amp, radio, cd player, cd changer, MP3, MP3 reader, USB, watt, bass amp, high amp, iPod, auxiliary, aux, iPhone, 6 x 9 speakers, 6 x 9, 6.5, 6 and a half, door speakers, TV, headrest, TV headrest, beat, trunk beat, helmet, grill, wood grain, woodgrain, wood grain wheel, steering wheel, HID, hooligan lights, wood wheel, dash, harness, plug, wires, tweeters, battery, Q Power, XO Vision, Pyle, View, Pyle view, DJ, DEH, DEH 2300, AVH 1400 DVD, AVH 4400, AVIC- 940 BT, AVIC- Z140BT, KW- NT30HD, KW- AV50, KW-AV70BT, KW, AVX, AVH, AVIC, NT, IVA, KVT, DNX, Jenson, Valor, train horn, neon, neon lights, tail lights, headlights, head lights, tail lights, taillights, monitor, rear view, rear view camera, rear camera, camera, reverse camera, BMW fin, fin, under car, sub box, bass box, Probox, 212 box, 215 box, 312 box, 315 box, HIDs, HID, Planet Audio, Boss, Bose, nitro, NOS, MC, crossover, used, new, flip down, flip out, come out, AC, compressor, pump, trunk pump, Alfa Romeo, Alpina, Ariel, Ascari, Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Bristol, Brooke, Cadillac, Callaway, Campagna, Caterham, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Citroen, Corvette, Daihatsu, Dodge, Elfin, Ferrari, Fiat, Ford, Gumpert, Holden, Honda, Hummer, Hyundai, Invicta, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Koenigsegg, Lamborghini, Land Rover, Lexus, Lobini, Lotus, Marcos, Maserati, Maybach, Mazda, MB Roadcars, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Mitsubishi, Morgan, NICE, Nissan, Noble, Opel, Pagani, Perodua, Peugeot, Porsche, Proton, Radical, Renault, Rolls-Royce, Saab, Saturn, Seat, Shelby, Skoda, Smart, Spyker, Ssangyong, SSC, Subaru, Superformance, Suzuki, Tata, Tesla, Toyota, TVR, Unique, Vauxhall, Volkswagen, Volvo, Westfield, Spanish, English, Arabic, system, ride, car, alarm, car alarms, car stereo,, plus, car stereo plus, car stereo, car windows, Houston car stereo, car stereo Houston, tint, window tint, viper, Bluetooth, music Kenwood, Lambo, door, doors, Lambo doors, Lamborghini doors, Lamborghini, 5th wheel, fifth wheel, wheels, tires, custom, installation, elbows, upholstery, car seats, peanut butter, sun roof, gator, convertible, stereo, car stereo, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, Prestige, elbow, Memphis, kicker, speakers, woofers, subwoofer box, subwoofer, electronics, services, navigation, pimp, GPS, tracking, CD, leather, wood kit, wood, kit, chrome, lights, LEDs, strobe lights, strobe, cars, trucks, vans, remote, remote start alarm, remote starter, remote start, remote, start alarm, crank, crank alarm, remote crank, remote crank alarm, rims, 20s, 22s, 24s, 26s, 28s 30s, 20 inch, 22 inch, 24 inch, 26 inch, 28 inch, 30 inch, pop trunk, trunk, custom trunk, suicide doors, vertical doors, butterfly doors, twisted doors, gullwing , gullwing doors, Mercedes blinkers, Avital, Avital Alarms, Viper, Python, Excalibur alarm, Excalibur, JL audio, Rockford Fosgate, Fosgate, Punch, Rockford Punch, Infinity, Alpine, power acoustic, acoustic, power, Db, Db 1000,Db 2000, bass, amplifier, amp, radio, cd player, cd changer, MP3, MP3 reader, USB, watt, bass amp, high amp, iPod, auxiliary, aux, iPhone, 6 x 9 speakers, 6 x 9, 6.5, 6 and a half, door speakers, TV, headrest, TV headrest, beat, trunk beat, helmet, grill, wood grain, woodgrain, wood grain wheel, steering wheel, HID, hooligan lights, wood wheel, dash, harness, plug, wires, tweeters, battery, Q Power, XO Vision, Pyle, View, Pyle view, DJ, DEH, DEH 2300, AVH 1400 DVD, AVH 4400, AVIC- 940 BT, AVIC- Z140BT, KW- NT30HD, KW- AV50, KW-AV70BT, KW, AVX, AVH, AVIC, NT, IVA, KVT, DNX, Jenson, Valor, train horn, neon, neon lights, tail lights, headlights, head lights, tail lights, taillights, monitor, rear view, rear view camera, rear camera, camera, reverse camera, BMW fin, fin, under car, sub box, bass box, Probox, 212 box, 215 box, 312 box, 315 box, HIDs, HID, Planet Audio, Boss, Bose, nitro, NOS, MC, crossover, used, new, flip down, flip out, come out, AC, compressor, pump, trunk pump, Alfa Romeo, Alpina, Ariel, Ascari, Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Bristol, Brooke, Cadillac, Callaway, Campagna, Caterham, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Citroen, Corvette, Daihatsu, Dodge, Elfin, Ferrari, Fiat, Ford, Gumpert, Holden, Honda, Hummer, Hyundai, Invicta, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Koenigsegg, Lamborghini, Land Rover, Lexus, Lobini, Lotus, Marcos, Maserati, Maybach, Mazda, MB Roadcars, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Mitsubishi, Morgan, NICE, Nissan, Noble, Opel, Pagani, Perodua, Peugeot, Porsche, Proton, Radical, Renault, Rolls-Royce, Saab, Saturn, Seat, Shelby, Skoda, Smart, Spyker, Ssangyong, SSC, Subaru, Superformance, Suzuki, Tata, Tesla, Toyota, TVR, Unique, Vauxhall, Volkswagen, Volvo, Westfield

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 30, 2013

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Pham Nuwen posted:

I don't know, it's balanced by the hilarity of "NO SCAMMERS!" Surely, a stern warning is all it takes. Imagine the myriad uses:
"NO MURDER!"
"NO CHILD MOLESTATION!"
"NO FIDUCIARY MISCONDUCT!"

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Well, it does do the scammers a service in that it indicates that the seller is looking out for them and is probably not an easy mark.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
How are you not going to highlight train horn in that block of keywords?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Pham Nuwen posted:

Thats why you use the 'only search title' option

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Mad Momma sale.

I'm not sure if I love this, or hate it. It's interesting that's for sure. Kid talks back so the truck goes on Craigslist.

http://jacksontn.craigslist.org/cto/3969178479.html

http://imgur.com/KZd0FNJ

Image not inlined to avoid breaking tables.

Seems like something the people around here would do, at any rate. A hardcore religious bunch them.

This kind of over the top discipline usually makes your kids despise you though.

Vanagoon fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 30, 2013

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
That's funny because I bought a 2000 Ranger from a mad momma. Her son kept getting the car impounded so eventually she sold it for the tow fees ($1200). That was about 5 years ago and I'm still driving it to this day.

I also agree that possibly the only lesson being learned here is that his mother is not reasonable or compassionate.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Citycop posted:

That's funny because I bought a 2000 Ranger from a mad momma. Her son kept getting the car impounded so eventually she sold it for the tow fees ($1200). That was about 5 years ago and I'm still driving it to this day.

I also agree that possibly the only lesson being learned here is that his mother is not reasonable or compassionate.

I can see selling the kids car if they got caught racing or something.

In this case I think it might be safe to say that Mad Momma is in reality Sociopathic Momma.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Vanagoon posted:

Mad Momma sale.

I'm not sure if I love this, or hate it. It's interesting that's for sure. Kid talks back so the truck goes on Craigslist.

http://jacksontn.craigslist.org/cto/3969178479.html

http://imgur.com/KZd0FNJ

Image not inlined to avoid breaking tables.

Seems like something the people around here would do, at any rate. A hardcore religious bunch them.

This kind of over the top discipline usually makes your kids despise you though.

MAD MOMMA posted:

If you are under 18 and interested in this truck you must read the #5 of the 10 commandments before you come and look at it! No JOKE , I will ask you what it is! Serious inquiries only.

:psyduck: What in the world am I reading?

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

uPen posted:

:psyduck: What in the world am I reading?

People here are just kind of weird like that. It's Rural TN.

Cheap to live here, but there are a lot of really strange motherfuckers here too.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sounds like a hosed-up version of "teaching a lesson" to his kid.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Friend is selling his car. Definitely gold. Wish I had the cash, but unfortunately I have to buy a house.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/3966912132.html
2001.5 Audi S4 Avant - $17000 (Buckhead)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I wish I could find poo poo like this before dealers get a hold of them. :(

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1966-Toyota-land-cruiser-W0QQAdIdZ484295502QQfeaturedAdZtrue

quote:

1966 Toyota land cruiser
A rare vintage piece in immaculate condition.

Comes with the original paint can for touch ups and fire extinguisher from the factory

Original owner (USA) even kept oil change records in pencil on the inside of the door frame.

Tribute to the quality of Toyota and the pride of ownership that instantly comes with this unique Land Cruiser.

Showroom Condition and ready to be taken home and loved by someone very special :)

Book your viewing today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tLkctGmXZ4

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

VideoTapir posted:

Even when it's true...why exactly do they think it would need to be recharged?

A/C battery is dead, duh.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Sir Tonk posted:

A/C battery is dead, duh.

If AC systems don't need regular fill ups, then why are there so many recharge kits on display right when I walk into the auto part store, huh?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

eddiewalker posted:

If AC systems don't need regular fill ups, then why are there so many recharge kits on display right when I walk into the auto part store, huh?

Its summer?

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

eddiewalker posted:

If a bottle full of brightly colored sludge won't stop my engine from burning oil or overheating, why do all those products exist? :colbert:

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

eddiewalker posted:

Because people are special..

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I suppose it's possible that an AC system that starts leaking as seals dry from disuse might become airtight again if it's refilled and used again; but unless the car was parked with working AC, then started up again a year or more later with dead AC, that definitely isn't what is happening.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Right up AI's alley (in the opposite direction)

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/3972379629.html

EDIT

Also for you Turbo Dodge lovers
http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/3959627472.html

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 1, 2013

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

KakerMix posted:

Right up AI's alley (in the opposite direction)

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/3972379629.html

good luck finding a PT cruiser around here

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

atomicthumbs posted:

Bad luck finding a PT cruiser anywhere.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

KakerMix posted:

Also for you Turbo Dodge lovers

I prefer the plymouth sundance turbo it has a more sleeper vibe.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

VideoTapir posted:

Bad luck finding a PT cruiser anywhere.

There are so many Sebrings, Pacificas, and PT Cruisers here that we play a variation of 'slug bug'. PT bruiser, Pacifica pinch, and Sebring slap.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.

atomicthumbs posted:

Where do you live? I would guess about 1 out of every 8 cars on the road in Texas is a PT Cruiser. They are stupid, ugly, slow, carry the stigma of old person's car and have been a sales slam dunk for Chrysler. Who would have ever thought that slapping a panel van body on a Dodge Neon would be embraced by the public?

One out of eight is probably a stretch but I can't go a trip anywhere without seeing one. Over a million of them were sold.

PT stands for “personal transport,” that sounds exciting.

Citycop fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 2, 2013

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012
Anyone wanting nothing more than personal transport would buy a Corolla and be 400,000 times better served. There is obviously something else at work here.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Elephanthead posted:

I prefer the plymouth sundance turbo it has a more sleeper vibe.

These days nobody knows what that is, so its a sleeper by default.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Citycop posted:

Where do you live? I would guess about 1 out of every 8 cars on the road in Texas is a PT Cruiser. They are stupid, ugly, slow, carry the stigma of old person's car and have been a sales slam dunk for Chrysler. Who would have ever thought that slapping a panel van body on a Dodge Neon would be embraced by the public?

One out of eight is probably a stretch but I can't go a trip anywhere without seeing one. Over a million of them were sold.

PT stands for “personal transport,” that sounds exciting.

Meh, I never got the hate for these cars. Sure the design is polarizing, so what? Personally, I didn't like the look a lot, but I was happy to see a car on the road that didn't look exactly like every one one driving around.

Beyond that, they were practical, reasonably reliable (as much as any chrysler product of the era) and cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
They're ugly and the people that buy them suck. At least with poo poo like the Aztec some were suckered in with the "but it has a tent on the back!" bullshit.