Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Sarah Michelle Gel-LAR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_nPAkyrYYk

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 28, 2013

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
That Virgil photo makes me really sad.
I used to create and sell indie comics on the convention circuit and I saw a lot of people like this.
The wrestlers are especially rough sometimes, because if you aren't hot poo poo right now you're probably sitting alone, in a table you paid $2000 for, wondering if you're going to pay for physical therapy or your car this month.

But eff Jackie.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Lisa G looks worn down from her own bullshit.

I really dont understand the Eric the Midget love, it's an annoying gag at this point with Eric using the same insults ad nauseum.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Eric's schtick is pretty awful without someone ripping into him mercilessly, and Howard never does it so it just becomes this sad annoying repetitive thing where Howard for some reason acts like he's legitimately invested in Eric's success and is pitching him ideas or trying to reason with him and just keeps hitting resistance. The kid is legit crazy by now and really thinks his poo poo is such good radio that Howard needs him and owes him and its because nobody ever puts him in his place anymore.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The beginning of the end for Eric was the introduction of Johnny Fratto. The end of the end for Eric was Artie's untimely exit.

That said, my favorite post-decline appearance was when they play the clip of Bobby Rude yelling at him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH14u2hq1gw

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Advice posted:

Eric's schtick is pretty awful without someone ripping into him mercilessly, and Howard never does it so it just becomes this sad annoying repetitive thing where Howard for some reason acts like he's legitimately invested in Eric's success and is pitching him ideas or trying to reason with him and just keeps hitting resistance. The kid is legit crazy by now and really thinks his poo poo is such good radio that Howard needs him and owes him and its because nobody ever puts him in his place anymore.

I like when Gary yells at Eric, but yeah it's nothing like having Artie around to tell the guy outright that nobody gives a poo poo about him.

Edit: Speaking of Eric, somebody has uploaded every Eric call to Youtube. Searching for "Eric the Midget" and the year will bring up a playlist for that year.

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 29, 2013

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Did I miss this: Sam Simon has 6 months to live

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Ralph's money :(

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

Ralph's money :(

Now Brent Hatley's money.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Be prepared to be loving amazed:

http://www.dawgsaloon.com/showthread.php/79085-Howard-Stern-Photography-America-Judges

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

This is so much funnier than I expected. I've never seen any of his pictures except for the cover of Lisa G's book, which was clearly shot through 1 foot of glass block while a supernova happened behind her. I am terrible at photography, and even at detected altered images, but his outside shots are so unnatural that I knew something was wrong in all of them before it was actually shown to me what had been changed.

And why do people always try to remove trees and poo poo like that? Just go shoot somewhere where the tree wasn't there if the tree offends you so.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Well I know what I'm doing at work tomorrow first thing, reading that thread and dying laughing

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Dear god that is amazing.

geera
May 20, 2003
Howard said this morning that they're off for the next six Wednesdays. :negative:

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Someone needs to call up and just play that clip of him from 20 years ago talking about how radio is a ritual and you can't be taking days off all the time.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Howard is ok at photography but absolutely terrible at Photoshop.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

EngineerJoe posted:

Agreed, though it's really interesting to see how his editing style reflects his personality. Completely obsessing over tiny little inconsequential things to the point where he ruins the big picture trying to fix them. OMG a shadow behind someone? Better clone-stamp everything behind it in an effort to hide it before someone knows my terrible secret!

edit:

Crotch Bat posted:

It seems like he's not that good at photography because if he was he wouldn't need to butcher his pictures with Photoshop.

That's just the thing, though. His pictures are alright on their own, and would benefit much more from slight tonal/color edits for taste than trying to re-write reality with tools at 100% opacity. Someone probably hammered it into his head that certain things in pictures are BAD and must be avoided at all costs, and in an attempt to get rid of those BAD things, he's ruining a perfectly alright shot.

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 30, 2013

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

EngineerJoe posted:

It seems like he's not that good at photography because if he was he wouldn't need to butcher his pictures with Photoshop.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Crotch Bat posted:

It seems like a lot of the stuff he fucks with in photoshop is really inconsequential, like when he irrationally removes trees from the background, or is just him trying to cover what makes him insecure, like when he paints over his adams apple. I'd wager that his photos wouldn't be nearly as lousy if he just learned how to use his camera and didn't try to fix stuff that was never broken in the first place.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Harrible.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
There is a rumor out now that Tim Sabean is no longer at Sirius.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

Probably too good to be true.

But if it is true, will Howard never ever mention Tim's name again, or will he complain that the evil corporate bosses fired him even though Howard wanted him around?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Bonzo posted:

Good. gently caress that guy for dicking over Don and Mike in Philly.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

Alright, check this one out, this is straight BS. You can clearly see the necklace: http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/eliasbboy/Howard/Fertagraffy/douche-1.jpg~original

So anyways who gives a gently caress about his photography/PS skills, that's not what I listen to him for.

Banditoh
Aug 13, 2005

loving awesome. Oh Howard, you're becoming more and more of a joke. Listening to the show slowly fade into nothingness is a depressing experience. gently caress Hamptons Howie.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I've been reading some other threads on that dawgsaloon site and ugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiTc-E7VWfk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx6eCWVZVqI

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Yeah that site is cool if you love blatant racism/sexism/etc. 99% of the threads are pretty insufferable.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

haljordan posted:

Yeah that site is cool if you love blatant racism/sexism/etc. 99% of the threads are pretty insufferable.

It's probably a decent way to waste an evening if you ever wanted to reassure yourself that at the very least you will never have as obsessive and creepy of a hobby as being the first to discover damning information about the Howard Stern Show, no matter how banal.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It is fun to check out the photoshops and stuff, but they are kind of obsessive and weird and creepy. It's like Howard is a hoax and they are investigating him like a crappy Paranormal/UFO show.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

It is fun to check out the photoshops and stuff, but they are kind of obsessive and weird and creepy. It's like Howard is a hoax and they are investigating him like a crappy Paranormal/UFO show.

Beth is hosting some show about animals this weekend and they're all over it. If the show takes callers, and they can get through, it could get ugly.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

haljordan posted:

I used to think Stern fans in general were awful people with the racism and poo poo, but it turns out it was just people that post on Dawgs Salooon.

SternFanNetwork has significantly changed from being a cesspool of hate since that other forum opened. It's still unreadable, though.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
Welcome to the Saloon! Come by The Bar and have a brew. Maybe check out some babes in the Hot Chicks forum. :eyepop: But stay away from the Hoochie Bin! (that's where we keep the faggy threads.)

spaztaz
Jan 28, 2009

I guess I'm several years late to the party. I always assumed the obvious fake calls like this were listeners making up bullshit to get on the air.

Oh well, at least Arnold and Woody Allen are real.

spaztaz fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 31, 2013

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Brocktoon posted:

Someone needs to call up and just play that clip of him from 20 years ago talking about how radio is a ritual and you can't be taking days off all the time.

It wasn't even that long ago. It was shortly after Artie joined, so probably 11 years.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
I like the wig conspiracy theorists and the level of forensic investigation they put into that

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
I read 3 or 4 pages of that dawgsaloon crap and it did nothing more than sicken me and make me feel sorry for those poor pieces of poo poo. That's not even one step away from stalker territory anymore, that IS stalker behavior. Boy oh boy.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Mr Underhill posted:

I read 3 or 4 pages of that dawgsaloon crap and it did nothing more than sicken me and make me feel sorry for those poor pieces of poo poo. That's not even one step away from stalker territory anymore, that IS stalker behavior. Boy oh boy.

No. It's just fun.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Human Crouton posted:

No. It's just fun.

Yeah, I think it's a lot of fun, especially since Howard used to be all about ruining poo poo for other people. Now that he's taken a dramatic turn in personality, the old fans are giving him the old-style treatment. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Peter North posted:

I like the wig conspiracy theorists and the level of forensic investigation they put into that

Yeah the wig stuff is really amazing. There's 9/11 Truthers who are more grounded in reality than some of those people.