Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Neo Helbeast posted:

Since there is no MK9 thread anymore and I figure a bunch of MK players play this, I thought I'd ask my question here. I have one challenge left in the tower and it's the last test you might challenge. Does anyone have any tips for it because I can not push those buttons fast enough. Also gently caress that Army of Shao Khan challenge.

IIRC you are supposed to mash all the face buttons simultaneously rather than mashing just one button at a time. I think that might be your problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Neo Helbeast posted:

Since there is no MK9 thread anymore and I figure a bunch of MK players play this, I thought I'd ask my question here. I have one challenge left in the tower and it's the last test you might challenge. Does anyone have any tips for it because I can not push those buttons fast enough. Also gently caress that Army of Shao Khan challenge.

I used my left thumb to push 'A' and 'X' and my right to puch 'Y' and 'B.' Then with any of my left over fingers, or even my leg I press the trigger when I think I got it.

Also, there is a Mortal Kombat Megathread. Title doesn't say MK9, but we talk about it there.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Question for anyone playing as or familiar with Grundy, what are his worst matchups?

I'm thinking it's likely Black Adam/Superman unless I'm missing something major. I need to know for..reasons.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Spuckuk posted:

Question for anyone playing as or familiar with Grundy, what are his worst matchups?

I'm thinking it's likely Black Adam/Superman unless I'm missing something major. I need to know for..reasons.

Hawkgirl for obvious reasons and a good Deathstroke zoner that barely leaves you room to swamp hands between gunshots. The rest he can deal with.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Superman destroys Grundy so hard it's not even fair. Superman's trait makes all his moves break armor, so all of a sudden Grundy has 0 wakeup options other than backdash or guess high/low. Superman can also zone him super hard, and do the regular dumb superman stuff (breath pressure etc).

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Are there any Batgirl's that play on XBL? I'd like to share notes/see if you do anything I don't!

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry

Spuckuk posted:

Cyborg pretty much stomps on him. Zone all day and webzip when they get close.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Seymour Butts posted:

Are there any Batgirl's that play on XBL? I'd like to share notes/see if you do anything I don't!

Sponsz. I think that's his GT too.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Unbound posted:

I used my left thumb to push 'A' and 'X' and my right to puch 'Y' and 'B.' Then with any of my left over fingers, or even my leg I press the trigger when I think I got it.

Also, there is a Mortal Kombat Megathread. Title doesn't say MK9, but we talk about it there.

Thanks, it wasn't listen in the fighting game Megathread.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
People in ranked ragequit like loving crazy against Hawkgirl. Not even newbies, these are level 25-35 trueskill people with thousands of matches. Mostly Nightwings and Aquamen.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I've played a lot of Ranked today and I've run across about 10 ragequits. One was from the #50-something in ranked. I also learned that you can throw Aquaman after his Super animation, but before he gets super armor for the overhead. I don't know if that's a commonly known thing, but I got hype when it happened!

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Seymour Butts posted:

I've played a lot of Ranked today and I've run across about 10 ragequits. One was from the #50-something in ranked.

It's so silly in a game like this where if you land a hit it's potentially 50%.

Seymour Butts posted:

I also learned that you can throw Aquaman after his Super animation, but before he gets super armor for the overhead. I don't know if that's a commonly known thing, but I got hype when it happened!

Hahaha yeah I've seen some amazing things happen re: supers winning or losing versus certain things. I also only recently realized that you can aim thrown interactables as a power character (down for close, away for far). I assumed it was common knowledge until Suddenblackout told me he didn't know either :eek:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Holy Calamity! posted:

People in ranked ragequit like loving crazy against Hawkgirl. Not even newbies, these are level 25-35 trueskill people with thousands of matches. Mostly Nightwings and Aquamen.

I can never use Scorpion for more than one game in player matches because everyone'll either leave after the first fight or ragequit. Thanks for giving me a cool looking character that no one wants to fight against, NRS!

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
It's not really NRS' fault.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Krad posted:

I can never use Scorpion for more than one game in player matches because everyone'll either leave after the first fight or ragequit. Thanks for giving me a cool looking character that no one wants to fight against, NRS!

Could be worse you could be playing deathstroke and have literally no weaknesses.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Martian Man Hunter in action tonight!
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/361908135067254785

Ed Boon posted:

Tune in tonight (8pm Central) for a live stream at NetherRealm studios. See Martian Manhunter in action + much more! http://www.twitch.tv/Netherrealm

Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

Word is MM is patched in tomorrow. I know Ed shot down the second season pass question but I'm still holding out hope for some reason.

All I've bothered with is single player so far. I can't even explain why I'm so pumped for new characters.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Jokerfish posted:

Word is MM is patched in tomorrow. I know Ed shot down the second season pass question but I'm still holding out hope for some reason.

All I've bothered with is single player so far. I can't even explain why I'm so pumped for new characters.

Because it's always fun to beat down a corrupt Superman?

Holy Calamity! posted:

Hahaha yeah I've seen some amazing things happen re: supers winning or losing versus certain things. I also only recently realized that you can aim thrown interactables as a power character (down for close, away for far). I assumed it was common knowledge until Suddenblackout told me he didn't know either :eek:

Revolutionary. Didn't know that myself. Never tried, though I feel like I should have after playing Kung Lao so much in MK9.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

kaujot posted:

It's not really NRS' fault.

Are you saying Scorpion really does get teleported from MK before every match? :aaaaa:

Unbound posted:

Because it's always fun to beat down a corrupt Superman?

That kinda applies to the online as well, nowadays.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Not all interactables allow power characters to choose the distance they throw them. I can't recall which ones off the top of my head but there's a video or a list out on the internet somewhere and someone who's not at work like me should probably find it and post it.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
Martian Man-Hunter is naked in his win pose :confused:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
MMH looks pretty good to me - 47% with trait and 1 bar - but I'm just a scrub so what do I know? :shobon:

Also his 2P color is actually different from his 1P color! What a concept.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Confirmed: they never planned on having more than 4 DLC characters, but good sales made them want to keep on supporting the game with more DLC than initially planned and that's why there is no season 2 pass.

Crouchjump
Feb 4, 2005

Bummer that there won't be another season pass, but whatever, I'm in.

They also said they're weren't going to talk about the next character yet, whatever that "THING" could possibly be. The two hosts stressed that word in unison.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Holy Calamity! posted:

Hahaha, Nightwing doesn't even really have a hard time against Hawkgirl, at least imo. There's a couple Batman players on PSN that have over 1k wins and they can never figure out what to do against my lame-rear end zoning Nightwing, I swear that all online Batman players are braindead J2 spammers and when it doesn't work they have no idea what to do.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

WarEternal posted:

Hahaha, Nightwing doesn't even really have a hard time against Hawkgirl, at least imo. There's a couple Batman players on PSN that have over 1k wins and they can never figure out what to do against my lame-rear end zoning Nightwing, I swear that all online Batman players are braindead J2 spammers and when it doesn't work they have no idea what to do.

Add my name to that list of brain dead Batman players. That j2 is about half of what I know with him.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Crouchjump posted:

Bummer that there won't be another season pass, but whatever, I'm in.

They also said they're weren't going to talk about the next character yet, whatever that "THING" could possibly be. The two hosts stressed that word in unison.

They also said they saw a lot of conspiracy theories about it. Don't get to excited.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Seymour Butts posted:

Martian Man-Hunter is naked in his win pose :confused:

The costume is part of his shapeshift, to make mortals accept him more. He's actually naked all the time. :aaa:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Hey if some of the better players on here want to post their impressions of Martian Manhunter I would love to hear them.

Edit: You know what? That's kind of rude. I would like to hear anyone's impressions, at all.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 30, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm debating on whether to get MM now or wait for some kind of GOTY collection. I'll probably get it now.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I only want to hear MM impressions from bad players, since that's what I am.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Update's live, so start you downloads!

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Liar Lyre posted:

Update's live, so start you downloads!

Martian Man Hunter?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mattavist posted:

I only want to hear MM impressions from bad players, since that's what I am.

He's incredibly green and his costume shows his nipples.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

AndyElusive posted:

He's incredibly green and his costume shows his nipples.

:fap:
Keep going...

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010
I'm enjoying Manhunter so far. He has a crazy number of options for any situation, but none of them are out right unfair like Scorpion's pain in the rear end teleport. My biggest problem is that I can't hit b3 to save my life after the MB martian toss. Which sucks since that's the key to a lot of his better combos.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
It seems like they used a different announer voice for Martian Manhunter or they spead up the speakers voice a lot.

(The person that says "Martian Manhunter" when you pick the character.)

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Is MMH up on PSN already or should I just wait until tonight to check?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I downloaded him from the PSN store. I couldn't find him on the ingame store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

TheMaskedChemist posted:

I'm enjoying Manhunter so far. He has a crazy number of options for any situation, but none of them are out right unfair like Scorpion's pain in the rear end teleport. My biggest problem is that I can't hit b3 to save my life after the MB martian toss. Which sucks since that's the key to a lot of his better combos.

Why do people still think Scorpion's teleport is unfair :( I love fighting Scorp because it becomes a game of baiting him into teleports and predicting flames/chains. The entire game boils down to understanding the tools both you and your opponent have at your disposal and outpredicting them and Scorp makes that an easier endeavor than some. Or maybe I only feel that way because Flash gets a free 50% off of every missed teleport :shobon:

• Locked thread