Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Since the code now allows for damage and explosions to blow limbs off, can we make it have a chance to blow people's butts off too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Captain Bravo posted:

Since the code now allows for damage and explosions to blow limbs off, can we make it have a chance to blow people's butts off too?

Rathen's secret works in reverse for that.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Yeah, but I want to beat a greyshirt with a fire extinguisher until his rear end falls off. I don't get Wizard near enough to have limb-popping fun with magic.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Today on Space Station 13, I got half the station to rage at me for turning off the lights (and recalling the shuttle twice), killed the changeling as AI, then liberated the AI of the Three Laws which directly led to my death when the AI bolted the escape shuttle doors.

It was a good day.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
The secret of the bible involves two bibles.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
What about having an item that implodes and combines a bunch of limbs together to make some sort of abomination?

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Dizz posted:

What about having an item that implodes and combines a bunch of limbs together to make some sort of abomination?

Really let's just stitch extra limbs on to people. Six arms, five legs, and three butts.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!

Dizz posted:

You combine the arms and legs with the butt, forming an abuttmination!

The abuttmination screams!

The abuttmination cries.

Every time it emotes screaming it just plays an elongated fart sound effect.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
Oh my god. :allears:

Please let this become a real thing.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Abumination would also be acceptable. :v:

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
I'll be stoked if I can make myself a buttman.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.

Zaldron posted:

You assemble the pile of butts into a Buttman!
The Buttman farts!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zaldron posted:

Razage posted:

You assemble the pile of butts into a Buttman!
The Buttman farts!

You insert a brain into the Buttman and it farts to life!

Buttman Pubbie tries to speak but can only pass gass!

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Be sure to feed them chili every day.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
Robo goku hungers!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Or let them 'haunt' Buttbots, walking around fartspeaking and trying to start uprisings.

The third book starts with the main characters getting buried alive in poo (This is a kids book series).

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Can I put a Batman outfit on a Buttman?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

AndroidHub posted:

The secret of the bible involves two bibles.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume its putting a bible inside of another bible. Am I right?

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

dogstile posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume its putting a bible inside of another bible. Am I right?

Nope.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

dogstile posted:

That's just the beginning :getin:

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
I had a possibly interesting round quashed by vigilante jerks.

At the round start i spawned a syndicate crate with some excellent items for kidnapping in (duct tape, radio jammer, an amp vuvuzela gun, and a cham projector) and decided that since rampages are so passe i would flick my radio jammer on, stun lone people and throw them in the test chamber for nefarious purposes.

I went first to chemistry and stunned the 3 scientists there and threw them into the chamber, however a sec officer had seen me so he went in the chamber too, but i forgot to remove his radio and the jammer didn't quite reach it. The officer called for help over the sec frequency, but thats ok because I fully expected security to come and try to stop me at some point (and I wanted to capture them anyway)long story short, i used my cham projector to surprise the security force and kidnap them too, but something happened that I did not expect and kinda sucked:

A vigilante with a stolen security headset heard the frequency and immediately broadcast the message on the public channel and rounded up a lynch mob of vigilantes, two of them inexplicably armed with stolen traitor weapons (it was only 20 mins in) and i was quickly beaten/lasered to death in short order. The the vigilantes looted my corpse and fought over my items. Speaking to one of the other traitors, one said he had been stunned by a paranoid rear end of a vigilante before he had even put his powergloves on and killed in short order too. Don't know about the other guy. Even worse, one of the vigilantes murdered the rd with 0 evidence just because they thought he was a traitor too (i had bribed him with a nice item to not go near the test chamber)

What's even worse, by 35 mins in every single traitor had been killed (including a mindslave) none of them by security, but by hopped up vigilantes roaming the station with looted traitor items, leading to a very boring round ruffled only by said vigilantes being assholes with their looted gear once there were no traitors to hunt down.

Fairs fair, if i was being a murderous jerk with an e-sword running down the hallway i would fully expect a quick and violent end, and ironically I would have survived if I had decided to go full on rampage and murder everyone instead of trying to do something different and nefarious like kidnapping guys and forcing them to fight for my amusement while wafting bath salts meth smoke through the vents, but it wasn't to be.

Overzealous crewmembers ruin fun

Matty fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 30, 2013

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

I would like it if there was less incentive to steal traitor items as soon as you could when you're not a traitor, like making traitor items less effective when used by non-traitors or something.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Yeah, I've had some bad experiences with a few vigilantes. One time I had just turned my radio jammer on for a second or two and then turned it back off, and some guy who tried to use the radio in that brief moment of time noticed it didn't work, so he broke into robotics and flashed and stripped me, going through my things, finding all of my other traitor gear and calling sec to come kill me. I had eventually talked the HoP into letting me go, telling him the other guy was clearly framing me because he was so bloodthristy. It seemed like the vigilante was going to leave me alone after that, until about 5 minutes before the shuttle arrived and he showed up with another vigilante and I was shot to death with an old hunting rifle, likely taken from another traitor they killed. The whole round I didn't even get to commit a single crime besides having traitor gear. Not a single act of violence or sabotage.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
Perhaps a PDA function for traitors that destroys their items and vaporizes anyone who had one in their inventory. Give it a timer that can be set, and voila, it's now a big risk to carry someone elses traitor weapons.

The real answer to overzealous vigilantes is probably just to always gently caress with them. Regardless of your job and alignment. And extra especially if you're sec.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

0lives posted:

Vigilantes

These are the reasons that giant blood thirsty rampages occur.

Dr. Cogwerks
Oct 28, 2006

all I need is a grant and Project :roboluv: is go
A reminder: security should absolutely feel free to arrest vigilantes for committing violent acts. Although traitors are fair game for anyone to kill as far as the game rules are concerned, you are totally welcome to bust vigilantes for breaking and entering, theft, assault, murder, whatever. Use your discretion, don't bother late round if half the sec team is already dead or if the traitor was killed in self-defense. If some mechanic or whatever hears that a guy has a radio jammer and tracks them down and murders them just for that, by all means, treat that guy as a murderer.

I guarantee you'll get some incredible crying and whining out of it.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

These are the reasons that giant blood thirsty rampages occur.
And rampages are the reason people turn into overzealous vigilantes as soon as they see a traitor. That door swings both ways.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

I once had a great round that was kicked off by me catching a traitor spawning an e-sword and emag in like the first minute of the game. I just took the sword and left, then spent the round following him around and messing with him. Eventually he managed to convince Security that I was a traitor and he was my target(likely aided by the fact that I'd given the AI a law to blame every problem that happened on the station on him and once it became clear that he was not capable of attracting meteors it was obvious someone had it in for him), and I decided not to correct them. Security took me down in a prolonged fight in which I waved the sword around a lot and broke windows with it but never actually hit anyone, then sent him on his way. They were shocked when he showed up as a traitor at the end of the round(a successful one, no less).

I bring this up mainly because had I not stolen his traitor equipment and spent the entire round using it to annoy him I'm pretty sure he would have gone on a short, boring rampage and then died since Emag/E-sword was absolutely the most boring possible loadout available at the time.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Dauntasa posted:

Eventually he managed to convince Security that I was a traitor and he was my target(likely aided by the fact that I'd given the AI a law to blame every problem that happened on the station on him and once it became clear that he was not capable of attracting meteors it was obvious someone had it in for him),

I love the bizarre little stories this game generates. Huge tales of madness and grief are funny, but sometimes a simple anecdote about a reprogrammed AI going zany or an incorrectly delivered crate somehow causing a madcap police chase is funnier.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Dauntasa posted:

I once had a great round that was kicked off by me catching a traitor spawning an e-sword and emag in like the first minute of the game. I just took the sword and left, then spent the round following him around and messing with him. Eventually he managed to convince Security that I was a traitor and he was my target(likely aided by the fact that I'd given the AI a law to blame every problem that happened on the station on him and once it became clear that he was not capable of attracting meteors it was obvious someone had it in for him), and I decided not to correct them. Security took me down in a prolonged fight in which I waved the sword around a lot and broke windows with it but never actually hit anyone, then sent him on his way. They were shocked when he showed up as a traitor at the end of the round(a successful one, no less).

I bring this up mainly because had I not stolen his traitor equipment and spent the entire round using it to annoy him I'm pretty sure he would have gone on a short, boring rampage and then died since Emag/E-sword was absolutely the most boring possible loadout available at the time.

Boring loadouts? Once I spawned a cloak, emag, and looted energy guns from the shroom(?) armory during an All-Traitors Battle Royale round. Ran around invisible and stunning people, often firing another shot 'pointblank' because the messages are otherwise vague. Interrupted a lot of fights and if one party was down/dying I'd sometimes drag them off to medbay to heal them and stun again before leaving.

OOC was kinda livid after the round. Murder rampage in reverse! ...is grief?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
drat my connection is dicey as poo poo recently. I'm constantly crashing during critical moments.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
I haven't played or read this thread in a bit but has this been discussed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq8Ghej--8A

Someone made a SS13 janitor game, basically

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
That was posted on the game forums before the view count sky rocketed. It's likely a SS13 dude made it.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I can only imagine if multiplayer is implemented for that game. Running around trying to find galoshes, spraying water and space lube around trying to trip everyone else to clean up more blood and get the most janitorpoints.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
With Moonbase Alpha's text to speech so we can pretend to be robots while we're at it. Robots screaming vowels endlessly as they clean up the popped fleshbags.

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(
LLJK #1 somehow completely broke a few rounds ago, it turned into this:

All the guardbuddies and robots became cytine nuggets for some reason.

Also, I've compiled a new SS13 map! I hope someone puts it on the wiki soon.

Man, it's gone a long way since one of the earlier versions:

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Aphtonites posted:

a buncha maps

Huh, just noticed there's a pretty sizeable chunk of Not Much At All above the Bar. Maybe the bar should have its own (barely maintained) bathroom!

River
Apr 22, 2012
Nothin' but the rain
Screw the bathroom, put a monkey knife fighting ring up there!

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

River posted:

That would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherd Red
Mar 23, 2012
I AM A HORRIBLE PUBBIE WHO LIKES TO USE REDDIT MEMES PLEASE MOCK ME EVERY TIME I POST

River posted:

It better still have a bathtub :colbert:.

• Locked thread