Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Shalhavet posted:

Bard! Though I never got the bard relic from ID :(

Welcome Back!
Did you know: Experts involve mechanics. If you get Archive you should immediately say your computer is lagging so you don't have to take credit for the 500000 things you do wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is tanking as a cleric fun in this game? I've been trying to start playing again on my 50 cleric who used to be DPS way back before storm legion but now I'm so lost on this character I'm thinking of just starting a warrior, or a new cleric.

Depends on what you mean by fun. Cleric tanks are very powerful and all three classes are viable. I believe clerics can generate threat easier than the other two tank classes, and also you get that brez.

SlayVus posted:

So has there been any word on if they are going to change how patron gifts work? Aka, only one per account.

You mean logging on an EU character to get double rewards? Daglar seemed to indicate that he really didn't care. Doubt they will spend the time to change it unless a huge portion of the pop starts doing it.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I thought they were supposed to have fixed the server lag? I've barely been able to play for the past week.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Meat Recital posted:

I thought they were supposed to have fixed the server lag? I've barely been able to play for the past week.

It's been fine for me for days and I got slaughtered by lag at first

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Meat Recital posted:

Are you sure it's not on your end? You're the only person to even mention the persisting lag that I know of. If you're sure it's trion let them know on their forums.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Eltoasto posted:

I believe clerics can generate threat easier than the other two tank classes.

Clerics have the highest "naked" threat in 20 mans. (Naked meaning with terrible gear into account, except the synergy crystal, without the synergy crystal even the worst geared warrior can pull aggro off a cleric.)

Warriors are endurance-dependant and have the highest current threat on upto 10 targets due to how ridiculous Endurance on the legend lessers is, this is particularly true if the targets can't be AEd or only a single target can be hit (this currently strictly a theoretical case). And (I'd have to verify) but I think they have an advantage on 2-4 and 6-7 targets over clerics, exactly 5 targets and 8+ targets is the domains of Clerics.

Rogues threat is highly dependent on their weapons, but for example Loracia with a relic can easily pull aggro off me (with me doing my regular threat rotation) on 2 or less targets.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Kreczor posted:

Are you sure it's not on your end? You're the only person to even mention the persisting lag that I know of. If you're sure it's trion let them know on their forums.

They have indicated they're still having issues with ~1% of their subscribers.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

Clerics have the highest "naked" threat in 20 mans. (Naked meaning with terrible gear into account, except the synergy crystal, without the synergy crystal even the worst geared warrior can pull aggro off a cleric.)

Warriors are endurance-dependant and have the highest current threat on upto 10 targets due to how ridiculous Endurance on the legend lessers is, this is particularly true if the targets can't be AEd or only a single target can be hit (this currently strictly a theoretical case). And (I'd have to verify) but I think they have an advantage on 2-4 and 6-7 targets over clerics, exactly 5 targets and 8+ targets is the domains of Clerics.

Rogues threat is highly dependent on their weapons, but for example Loracia with a relic can easily pull aggro off me (with me doing my regular threat rotation) on 2 or less targets.

I was told by some cleric tank that "Rogues poo poo threat".

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

You see, Guragh, they can't fire me for sexual harassment. The crime doesn't fit the punishment! :orks:

Kreczor posted:

I was experiencing some pretty spikey nonsense yesterday and the day before, but nothing like the couple of days they gave out the 450 funbux for.

Admittedly, it could have been from my end, but given the recent track record for Trion, I'm putting my money on their end.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

KaneTW posted:

I'm seriously annoyed Trion repeatedly makes red-on-dark ground AoE indicators. It's like they specifically go ~gently caress you colorblind people~

Working as intended. Move along

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

That they do, but again, extremely dependent on their weapon. I am not sure how their AE threat stacks on "clean" stacks (those that are close together already), warriors (with some specs) and clerics have an advantage there in that they apply threat to anything in range on their aggro list.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
No tank is as fun as Riftstalker, sorry.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Black Pants posted:

No tank is as fun as Riftstalker, sorry.

*blink* *blink* "gently caress."

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Have jaunt on C-T, Soul Synthesis on C-Y, enjoy pulling the whole room/cleaving the whole raid/etc

Also tab targeting the wrong mob and accidentally pulling too many packs while living through it because cool downs.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

deimos posted:

Zoness posted:

The problem isn't in the builders so much as it is in Guarded Steel. Generally speaking most fights are build to 5 combo points and hit with guarded steel, whether or not planar splash is on, that's just how most raid fights are. Knowing what I know now? In Matriarch I'm fine doing whatever near or even on a Childe so long as I don't use GS on it, and at the same time I don't think I had a devourer pulled off me by DPS once I hit it with GS (and they'd frequently flock to Tsu, Asra or Kreczor with just my regular AoE going). Oh, and either don't pop power of the planes on Goloch, or don't continue to do my regular rotation if I do so (gee, a fight where the boss has attacks that can be dodged or deflected, increasing my AP and weapon damage by 50% seems like an amazing idea).

KaneTW posted:

Have jaunt on C-T, Soul Synthesis on C-Y, enjoy pulling the whole room/cleaving the whole raid/etc

Also tab targeting the wrong mob and accidentally pulling too many packs while living through it because cool downs.

Or the trash before Goloch where I accidentally pulled most of an additional pack by running to where Hedo was (loving blink AoE).

Shalhavet posted:

*blink* *blink* "gently caress."

Nothing is really as bad as Akylios was. *blink* *accidentally tap w* "WELP I'M DEAD" Matriarch's really odd in where you blink to with her though, but on the upside if I get spored as tank I can go halfway across the room by turning around and blinking to her and get most of the way to wall with another blink.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Daerc posted:

^ So basically the hunts we were most actively bitching about being broken were broken, awesome.

Just about every. single. world event. has had issues with them designing it like only 4 or 5 people would ever be doing the daily/weekly quest at any given time.

The reality is, everybody is doing it on every character, all the time every day nonstop.

The devs have yet to learn/remember this after 2.5 years.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 31, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

mr. nobody posted:

Just about every. single. world event. has had issues with them designing it like only 4 or 5 people would ever be doing the daily/weekly quest at any given time.

The reality is, everybody is doing it on every character, all the time every day nonstop.

The devs have yet to learn/remember this after 2.5 years.

woah woah woah woah. Are you seriously comparing this to the RoS release event? For serious?

This poo poo is minimal and tends to be hard to diagnose till it goes to production, give them a break.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Oh man I'd forgotten about the RoS event. I still think one of my characters has the free weapon chest they gave out to everyone as an apology for how janky it was. Of course the quest is not possible to finish now, but...

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
I think I have blanked that from my memory it was so bad, so no, not comparing it directly to that.

But things not spawning fast enough/in enough quantity is not a new adjustment they have needed to make to previous world events.

dantae
Aug 7, 2003
rar
Can I get an invite on dnt and dntf

PEN FIFTEEN
Jul 22, 2007
Can I too get an invite on Malai please

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

mr. nobody posted:

I think I have blanked that from my memory it was so bad, so no, not comparing it directly to that.

But things not spawning fast enough/in enough quantity is not a new adjustment they have needed to make to previous world events.

Honestly the only real problem was Skull Rain, and that was because of a bug, and judging from the fact that it hosed with every server on our cluster but Faeblight, was probably something that should have been caught in testing. The abilities disappearing was massively inconsistent and they'd come back just as inconsistently. Super Charger was only a bitch because no one knew about the 8th platform location, so it'd spend a poo poo ton of time there. And I actually had the set of abilities come back after picking up a charged one there, because you can jump onto that platform with a 150 speed mount.

Number of spawns in Ashora wasn't the problem though, the problem was that there was no rainbow, which there purportedly was on the PTS.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Hotfix #13

quote:

== SUMMERFEST ==
* Several Summerfest quests in Brevane and Dusken with low spawn rates have seen performance boosts, and should now be easier to complete.
* Summerfest themed patron and non-patron login rewards have come to an end- normal login bonuses will now be rewarded daily.
* Writ of the Sun Burned now grants the appropriate title when consumed.
* Quest: Creepy Crawlies: Is once again available from Nate Thorton.
* Quest: Deliver Ice Cream: Players who completed this last year in Shimmersand can once again speak to Zerato to turn it in.
* Quest: A Simple Bean: Quest progress is now shared amongst party members.

GENERAL
* You can finally inspect someone's wardrobe.
* Have made adjustments to the daily server resets at 4am server time in an attempt to reduce the number of log-in failures and connectivity issues during that time. We will continue monitoring the situation after this has gone live.

RIFT STORE
* A one-time login reward of 1,000,000 PA XP has been added to the claim window!

SOULS

CLERIC

CABALIST
* Well of Souls: Ability description has been updated. It clarifies that the ability is an area effect that is placed at the enemy's location, not on the targeted enemy themselves.
* Dark Water: Cooldown has been removed.
* Dark Water: The dot portion of this ability, Darkness, can now stack up to 3 times.
* Death's Grasp: Now reduces cast time of Shadow's Touch by 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5s.
* Eccentric: Now also increases the crit chance of Shadow's Touch. Causes stacks of Darkness to increase damage taken from the Cleric's Shadow's Touch by 1/2/3/4/5% per stack.
* Pain of the Chosen: Now also affects Dark Water.
* Dark Manifesto: Now also makes Curse of Discord cause enemies to take an additional 2/4/6/8/10% damage from the Cleric's attacks.
* Obliterate: Now causes the Cleric's Bound Fate to deal 200% damage, Tyranny of Death, Disintegration and Ravaging Darkness to deal 250% damage, but only damage the targeted enemy. Causes Ravaging Darkness to return 15% health and mana to the Cleric.
* Ravaging Darkness can now hit 8 targets. Up from 7.

DRUID
* Cloak of Leaves: Talent removed.
* Trickster's Bluff: Removed ability.
* Natural Dedication: Removed ability.
* Life Breach: Removed ability.
* Carry a Big Stick: Now increases the damage of Fervent Strike by 5/10/15%.
* Curious Precision: Now increases all abilities chance to Critically Hit by 3/6/9%.
* Overproliferation: Now also increases the number of times Eruption of Life can proc by 2/4.
* Eruption of Life: Now has a 30m range. Damage procs from Life damage caused by this ability now reduce the cooldown of Resounding Blow by 1.5s.
* Fury of the Fae: Now only applies to the Cleric and their pet and stacks with similar buffs.
* Hidden Path: Now can be used while crowd controlled.
* Fervent Strike: No longer gains a positional bonus.
* New Ability: Resounding Blow: Deals Physical damage. Increases damage of the Cleric's next damaging ability within 10s by 50%. 15 second cooldown. Requires 40 points in Druid before it can be unlocked in the tree.
* New ability: Essence Strike: Deals Life damage. Refreshes the Cleric's active Eruption of Life on the enemy. 10s cooldown. Requires 25 points in Druid before it can be unlocked in the tree.
* New ability: Trickster's Bolt: Deals Life damage. 30m range. Instant. Requires 5 points in Druid before it can be unlocked in the tree.
* New ability: Fae Mimicry: Causes the Cleric's next 4 single target damaging abilities to deal additional Life damage equal to initial damage. Lasts 15s. Does not proc from damage over time effects. 30s cooldown. 61 point root ability.
* New ability: Notion Theft: Interrupts. 10s cooldown. 20 point root ability.
* Combined Effort: Now buffs the Cleric for 15s, causing single target damaging abilities to increase the damage taken from the Cleric and their pet for 5s.
* Subtlety: Now allows damaging abilities of the Cleric and their pet to ignore 20% of their targets' Armor and Resistance. Lasts 1 hour.
* Peace of the Forest: Now an instant cast. Restores 7% mana and consumes 7% health.

INQUISITOR
* Spiritual Scrutiny: Now reduces global cooldown of the Cleric's ranged damaging abilities by 0.5s. Allows Cleric's damaging abilities to ignore 20% of their targets' Armor and Resistance. Reduces boht the cast time of Bolt of Judgment by 1.5s and its damage by 20%. Reduces mana cost of single target damaging abilities by 33%. Lasts 1h.
* Unified Theory: When Life and Death Concord reaches 5 stacks, the next Bolt of Depravity can be cast instantly. Reduces the Global Cooldown of Bolt of Depravity to 1 second. After consuming Unified Theory, the next 2 Bolts of Judgment or Bolts of Retribution have their cast times reduced by 0.5s.
* Circle of Oblivion: Channel time increased to 7s.

SHAMAN
* Ride the Lightning: Now requires a melee weapon equipped, and now causes Frostbite to proc.
* Ride the Lightning: Can now be used while carrying stones in Karthan Ridge and Whitefall Steppes.
* Courage buffs now stack with each other.
* Furious Assault: Cooldown reduced to 5 seconds. Nno longer reduces single target damage.
* Shocking Conclusion: Now increases damage done by Jolt after a critical hit with a weapon attack by 40/80/120%. (Up from 30/60/90%)
* Pattern of Violence: Now causes weapon attacks reduce the current cooldown of Massive Blow by 0.66/1.33/2s. (Up from 0.5/1/1.5s)
* Frozen Wrath: No longer has a cooldown. Cannot be used on a target the caster already has Frozen Wrath on.
* Courage of the Panther: Now increases damage by 10%, up from 5%.
* Deep Freeze: No longer triggers a global cooldown.
* Furious Assault: Now reduces area effect damage by 25%, up from 15%.

MAGE

HARBINGER
* Fixed an issue preventing Ranks 1 – 9 of Luminous Weapon from proccing damage correctly.

ZONES
* Rift: Crucia's Grasp: Killing the boss too fast will no longer block the rift from being completed.
* Rift: Planar Betrayal: Should no longer get stuck before it is completed.

CAPE JULE
* Vergo Senpaga in Tulan is no longer levitating.

STONEFIELD
* The porticulum previously at Quarrystone Basin has been moved to Coterie Camp.
* A new porticulum has been added next to Sunrest Bridge!

THE DENDROME
* Quest: Fun Time Having: No longer increments more than intended when being completed by a group.
* Strongholds:
- Haradran's whirlwind damage and teleport frequency have been reduced.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
* Endless Eclipse:
- No longer saved to instance after completing the first event.
* Grim Awakening
- Ultane has done some redecorating and removed the cages from his room.

* Exodus of the Storm Queen
- Valthundr: Reduced Frozen Soul stacks from 4 to 2 during Deep Freeze.

DIMENSIONS
* Sellback items on dimension items have been lowered.
* Dimensions now display the owner's name!
* Moving Dimension items, especially statues and NPCs, have seen an increase in performance.

ITEMS
* Costume Weapons now have Costume as their item type, and no longer have calling requirements.
* Swarmlord Khargorth's Impalers will now properly cause both eyes to glow, even if your VFX options are set to low.
* Exceptional Whetstone, Exceptional Oilstone and Coruscating Powerstone can now be applied to any appropriate weapon requiring level 60 to equip.
* Numerous essences granted from Storm Legion quests now have a minimum level 50 requirement to equip.

UI/SETTINGS
* The Planar Attunement level up animation no longer shows to players below level 50. However, you will still be gaining Planar Attunement experience/levels for use when you reach level 50 and unlock Planar Attunement!
* Numerous essences granted from Storm Legion quests now have a minimum level 50 requirement to equip.

Boo on summerfest gifts...

Does this mean dimension item drops from mobs in dungeons could have possibly been lowered in price?

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 31, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
So if you haven't played around with the Druid and Inquisitor PTS changes...

Druid is pretty cool and has a neat priority system with Resounding Blow + DoTs. The Great Faerie Seer is just way better than the Satyr last time I tried it on PTS for AoE damage, just turn on Fae Dispersion and watch it go.

Inquisitor is AMAZAAAAAAAAAAAANG.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
How much DPS increase would a 10% increase in Wisdom or Spellpower provide? I'm sitting here trying to figure out why Wisdom and Spellpower buffs would be better then straight up Damage X% buffs.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

SlayVus posted:

How much DPS increase would a 10% increase in Wisdom or Spellpower provide? I'm sitting here trying to figure out why Wisdom and Spellpower buffs would be better then straight up Damage X% buffs.

Spellpower scales off raid buffs more than everything else. Also IIRC a 10% damage increase is additive rather than multiplicative so each 10% damage increase is worse whereas Spell Power is affected by more modifiers.

Just going off the top of my head. Also what's the context here?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

quote:

:unsmith:
So happy, PvP is now less broken!

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

quote:

* Grim Awakening
- Ultane has done some redecorating and removed the cages from his room.

* Exodus of the Storm Queen
- Valthundr: Reduced Frozen Soul stacks from 4 to 2 during Deep Freeze.

Best changes in this patch.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hmmm so I imagine full druid or full inq are the go-to specs for cleric solo'ing?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Does weapon DPS matter for Shaman/Druid? Is a 2 handed always better?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

Does weapon DPS matter for Shaman/Druid? Is a 2 handed always better?

No. Weapons are strictly stat sticks for casters since 1.11.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Zoness posted:

Inquisitor is AMAZAAAAAAAAAAAANG.

Also, inquisitor on PTS still hasn't been nerfed to bring it below paragon, so I'm reasonably sure inq should be making GBS threads out some pretty good numbers for a while (meanwhile Muspel is out bitching up a storm because for sub-30% necrotic bolt spam can get up to with 5% of inq).

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Daerc posted:

inquisitor on PTS still hasn't been nerfed

Yes it was AFAIK.
This was it.

deimos fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 31, 2013

ixxit
Oct 15, 2010
I've been trying to get back into Rift for a couple of days, but recovering my old account is seeming sort of impossible. I haven't logged in since before everyone's passwords were reset, and now neither the Trion site's login, the "Forgot password?" process or Live Support have been working. I registered a new free account, but now can't log in on the site using that, either.

Is this typical, or is the site just particularly boned lately? Tried multiple browsers/computers, so I'm kind of at a loss.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

It's maintenance right now.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

clocksmash posted:

I've been trying to get back into Rift for a couple of days, but recovering my old account is seeming sort of impossible. I haven't logged in since before everyone's passwords were reset, and now neither the Trion site's login, the "Forgot password?" process or Live Support have been working. I registered a new free account, but now can't log in on the site using that, either.

Is this typical, or is the site just particularly boned lately? Tried multiple browsers/computers, so I'm kind of at a loss.

One other guy was complaining about networking issues getting to the Rift servers, and it was also mentioned by a dev. You may be part of that 1%. What kind of errors are you seeing?

ixxit
Oct 15, 2010

StumblyWumbly posted:

One other guy was complaining about networking issues getting to the Rift servers, and it was also mentioned by a dev. You may be part of that 1%. What kind of errors are you seeing?
Live Support and login in general just return a "connection to session.trionworlds.com was reset", but the password reset form just endlessly reloads every time I submit it. Been like this for the last 3 days, so it's probably not maintenance related.

HoBgoBLiNs
Feb 26, 2005

Some women find facial scars attractive. Mind you, most of those women are krogan...

boho posted:

Oh man I'd forgotten about the RoS event. I still think one of my characters has the free weapon chest they gave out to everyone as an apology for how janky it was. Of course the quest is not possible to finish now, but...

If you're talking about the Shade-touched Weapon Cache, it's still completable. I stopped playing shortly after the RoS event, and when I came back I still had the level 43 quest item sitting in my vault. Since I just hit 43 on my rogue this week I went ahead and activated the quest, and I was able to get all the required items (Scepters from invasions, Blades from rifts, and the Executor from a zone boss in Scarwood Reach).

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
does anyone know if pain transmission procs salvarola's heal during add phase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

does anyone know if pain transmission procs salvarola's heal during add phase?

It does.

• Locked thread