Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I'm not the only one who say SMASH and instantly thought of earthbound right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if Nightmare Knight can take a spaceship to the noggin, cause I bet that's what he's gettin'.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh and I just noticed the new header too. Oh well, it was a fun read.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I wonder why he broke the wall?

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Serious Frolicking posted:

I wonder why he broke the wall?

Yeah, I'm guessing this is the case. He wants to see how this pans out, so he's giving them a shortcut, calling it now.
I just hope it doesn't hurt Mezzo. :ohdear:

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
I'm with TwoPair. Commander Caboodle's gonna be like a random-casting meteor spell for the party that happens at the most convenient times.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Fortis posted:

Yeah, I'm guessing this is the case. He wants to see how this pans out, so he's giving them a shortcut, calling it now.
I just hope it doesn't hurt Mezzo. :ohdear:

Oh hey, you blew a hole in me. That's fine, I guess that works, too. Didn't hurt really. Well, good luck guys!

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
Bacon saves the day. Nightmare Knight ain't got poo poo on the porkster.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-376/

New page is up.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
The plot thickens.

The wall on the other hand... :haw:

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Oh, hey, I called it!
Oh god, I TOTALLY called it. Mezzo :gonk:

Fortis fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 30, 2013

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Oh my gosh, that's a lot more graphic than Splashmaster's death. I thought this was supposed to be a lighthearted comic Gigi! :(

Wonder why he did that though? Is he tired of this cycle and trying to get this one over with? Or is he hoping Cucumber will break it somehow?

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wonder why he did that though? Is he tired of this cycle and trying to get this one over with? Or is he hoping Cucumber will break it somehow?

He does give off the vibe that he's tired of the whole thing. That could mean that he's hoping Cucumber will turn out to be more reasonable than previous heroes and they can strike some kind of deal to end the cycle, or maybe he's simply resigned to the game and wants to make sure Cuco doesn't get stuck so things stay interesting.

Regardless, I hope Almond and Carrot return momentarily with all the keys.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh my gosh, that's a lot more graphic than Splashmaster's death. I thought this was supposed to be a lighthearted comic Gigi! :(

Well technically Splash didn't die :eng101:

I wonder what game Dub-Knights is playing here though.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

In hindsight, "show me this 'power' of yours" now reads like "all right, I'm giving you a fair shot by taking this wall down for you, show me what you guys can do with all that teamwork and friendship and stuff."

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Maybe Night Knight is tired of the cycle and wants to die.

That's pretty dark...

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I was pretty much going to post the same, I mean I'm not sure who to root for when the bad guy basically wants to lose by now...

Actually what is the chance the nightmare knight isn't necessarily even evil, just forced into the role (aeons ago) like Cucumber was?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Superstring posted:

That's pretty dark...

I'll tell you what's dark. We just watched a living wall effectively get its face blown off. That's pretty dark. :stare:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Stormgale posted:

Actually what is the chance the nightmare knight isn't necessarily even evil, just forced into the role (aeons ago) like Cucumber was?
That's what I've been thinking for a while now. He's always clearly looked like he's completely tired of all this and he's just listlessly going through the motions, resigned to his fate.

He feels like the type of main villain that gets usurped by some lesser baddie with more malice and ambition. (Noisemaster maybe?)

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
Jeez, maybe the guy is tired of that diabolical oracle giving the legendary sword to a bunch of helpless kids every time instead of giving it to an an army or a proper foe he could annihilate without feeling bad. Poor nightmare knight :(

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Color Printer posted:

I'll tell you what's dark. We just watched a living wall effectively get its face blown off. That's pretty dark. :stare:

Eh, he just got blown out of the wall, offscreen. He's fine, just a little charred.

Source: cartoon physics.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
I think that you can see his base in panel 3. I bet he's just lying on his back and glad to get a new perspective after how many centuries being stuck in the wall. :3:

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Accordion Man posted:

That's what I've been thinking for a while now. He's always clearly looked like he's completely tired of all this and he's just listlessly going through the motions, resigned to his fate.

He feels like the type of main villain that gets usurped by some lesser baddie with more malice and ambition. (Noisemaster maybe?)

My gut says this might be what will happen. Maybe he'll somehow get trapped in a crystal or whatever by one of his henchmen (or another wild card character) who somehow acquires ultimate cosmic power, and then the quest becomes about assembling the stones not to seal him up, but to summon him back so he can help?

I mean, it's obviously way too early to tell, but right now I can still imagine him getting some kind of happy ending.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The Oracle and The Nightmare Knight went out in high school and broke up on harsh terms. The two now spend their entire lives trying to get back at one another. The Oracle sends children to take Nightmare Knight out, and he just destroys everything the Oracle makes. (ie: Mezzo)

I refuse to believe it goes any other way.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
That was amazing.

Good show, Gigi.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Fred is on posted:

My gut says this might be what will happen. Maybe he'll somehow get trapped in a crystal or whatever by one of his henchmen (or another wild card character)

I'd wager on Cordelia if it were to go that route. She seems more into the ruling the world thing than Nightmare Knight. While he's the muscle, he's so clearly tired of this pantomime he's forced into.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 31, 2013

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Accordion Man posted:

The climax is Nightmare Knight removing his helmet to reveal an older Cucumber.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Nightmare Knight and Bacon are the next party members

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

pandaK posted:

The climax is Nightmare Knight removing his helmet to reveal an older Cucumber Bacon.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

The father is the biggest jerk in the world, therefore he is the secret boss :ssh:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

pandaK posted:

The climax is Nightmare Knight removing his helmet to reveal an older Cucumber the Dream Oracle.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."
So do Cucumber and Nautilus head through what used to be Mezzo (RIP), or do they wait for Almond and Carrot to get back? I think Nautilus is all for forging ahead, and Cucumber will want to wait.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Cucumber will spend the rest of the day standing in place, going "what. what. what." with his eyes unblinkingly wide open.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

That doesn't make sense because the Dream Oracle is the true antagonist.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Y'reckon the entire reason Mr. Knight stopped by in the first place was to make sure they got a chance to smack around Noisemaster? He doesn't like him, and since so far he's the smartest person in the comic except Bacon I'd assume he's not totally clueless about that ominous little 'serious' change in tone, or at least the feelings it might be stemming from.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.

pandaK posted:

The climax is Nightmare Knight removing his helmet to reveal an older Cucumber Cabbage.

Clearly :colbert:

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

pandaK posted:

That doesn't make sense because the Dream Oracle is the true antagonist.

She just represents the oligarchy manufacturing threats to distract the populous in order to keep their power. Almond represent the public at large all too willing to play along for perceived glory while Cucumber represents the intellectuals who strive for knowledge and is interested in ending the conflict for good. Bacon is the free market.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Psh that's dumb. Sure Nightmare Knight (I did not spell it Knightmare Night the first time, totally, nope) and Cabbage both hang out at the castle mostly, and Cabbage and NK have never actually been seen in the same room together, and sure Cabbage REALLY PUSHED Cucumber into doing this quest and-

:aaaaa:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

pandaK posted:

The climax is Nightmare Knight removing his helmet to reveal an older Cucumber. Cosmo.

Same color scheme, people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Same color scheme, people.

I don't know, Nightmare Knit never feels quite into it, while Cosmo always feels way into it.