Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrinkMoreBeer
Jan 23, 2006

by toby
Here's a new interview with the dude that played Caesar, where he talks about what he went through to stay buff.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...9-1226675470191

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DrinkMoreBeer posted:

Here's a new interview with the dude that played Caesar, where he talks about what he went through to stay buff.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...9-1226675470191

So we will get fat Caesar in the future?

quote:

He'd happily never see another piece of lean chicken again.

"I'm back on real chicken now. I'm not devouring buckets of KFC, but I do splurge occasionally, I have a couple of cheat days a week."

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
spin off will NEVER happen.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

spin off will NEVER happen.

I wish for spin-off, maybe a ensemble comedy show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvfK2vAk5p8

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

teagone posted:

Probably the best conversation piece of the batch.

I love that they went all historically accurate with calling it a "Poo Stick" :v:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The big question is if the Gannicus belt gives the wearer +5 charm vs. ladies and men?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Man I want Lugo's hammer

All the chicks want Lugos hammer.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Liam and Manu are going to be at Dragon Con, I might be going, I might have to find them.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I've been a huge fan of this show but I didn't have access to the last season until last week.

I am not okay. I knew what would happen because loving history but noooo. Amazing TV.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 26, 2013

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Met Manu Bennett at Comic Con this last Saturday actually! Probably the nicest celebrity I've ever met. We compared biceps. I lost.

It was bullshit actually. They had him stationed between a Bond girl from the 70s and the voice of Jimmy loving Neutron! Once tons of people started showing up they panicked and made a line outside. I really don't understand why they'd assume the star of a popular show that ended only months ago wouldn't have a giant line of fans. :what:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

FrensaGeran posted:

Met Manu Bennett at Comic Con this last Saturday actually! Probably the nicest celebrity I've ever met. We compared biceps. I lost.

It was bullshit actually. They had him stationed between a Bond girl from the 70s and the voice of Jimmy loving Neutron! Once tons of people started showing up they panicked and made a line outside. I really don't understand why they'd assume the star of a popular show that ended only months ago wouldn't have a giant line of fans. :what:

Who is now on another popular show

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Who is now on another popular show

Arrow would be much better if they just randomly replaced the whole original cast with Spartacus cast.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

etalian posted:

Arrow would be much better if they just randomly replaced the whole original cast with Spartacus cast.

I'd actually be interested in it if so. Liam McIntyre would be a MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH better Green Arrow.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Azure_Horizon posted:

I'd actually be interested in it if so. Liam McIntyre would be a MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH better Green Arrow.

Liam's aiming higher than that. He's mentioned wanting to be Batman in the MoS sequel. A Twitter campaign is required!

#BringerOfWayne

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

Liam's aiming higher than that. He's mentioned wanting to be Batman in the MoS sequel. A Twitter campaign is required!

#BringerOfWayne

He can do a good batman voice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOrei-Wn1gM

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

BreakAtmo posted:

#BringerOfWayne

I'm so down. Go go Sparta-batman!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Having a separate voice for Batman is one of the more stupid things from the new movies, so hopefully the new director drops it.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Azure_Horizon posted:

I'm so down. Go go Sparta-batman!

Same. Anyone else will now be a disappointment.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I saw today that BestBuy is taking preorders on War of the Damned, but I didn't see anything special about the 'bestbuy edition' that made me think it was worth buying from them over anyone else.

Does anyone know if there will be any store specific special editions worth looking for? Stuff like coming with a case big enough to house all the other blurays would be nice.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

They really dropped the ball on the blu ray extras, I would pay a shitton for a marble style bust of Batiatus who would randomly talk about Jupiter's cock when people walked by/pushed a button.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Stephen Amell actually auditioned for the role of Spartacus. Liam would be cool in Arrow, but Amell has started to grow into the role really well I think.

He is also on twitter and seems really down to earth, plus he has the same name as me and even spells it correctly so :colbert:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BreakAtmo posted:

#BringerOfWayne

that just made me spit coffee everywhere, whoever came up with that deserves a million dollars.

I'll sign

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

that just made me spit coffee everywhere, whoever came up with that deserves a million dollars.

I'll sign

If you're referring to the hashtag, that was my idea. It's not being used for an actual campaign or anything. Yet.

edit: Wait, actually, it is being used after someone else came up with it the day after me. Dammit.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 31, 2013

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

BreakAtmo posted:

If you're referring to the hashtag, that was my idea. It's not being used for an actual campaign or anything. Yet.

edit: Wait, actually, it is being used after someone else came up with it the day after me. Dammit.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/mc9p5b

Someone got it rolling. He responded :)

Edit: AND you saw it. Sorry man!

AND motherfucking Spartabatman was used in a tweet TWO MINUTES before me. Dammit Atmo!

Azure_Horizon fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 31, 2013

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Azure_Horizon posted:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/mc9p5b

Someone got it rolling. He responded :)

Edit: AND you saw it. Sorry man!

AND motherfucking Spartabatman was used in a tweet TWO MINUTES before me. Dammit Atmo!

Hahahaha suck it

But yeah, Liam as Batman would own and we need it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
big fan of Batacus someone used on twitter, but BringerOfWayne is internet winning, kudos sir. Your wit is legendary

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
Bringer of Wayne is so good! I didn't think of it until brought up here, but Liam would be perfect as Batman. Now I'm going to be disappointed when they pick someone less worthy.

I haven't seen anything on Amazon, does anyone know if they're planning on releasing an entire series box set?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Oasx posted:

Having a separate voice for Batman is one of the more stupid things from the new movies, so hopefully the new director drops it.

Batman always has a separate voice from Bruce Wayne unless he's Adam West or when the animation style switched on the cartoon. The Burton/Schumaker movies did it too, just less dramatically than Bale by the actors.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rocksicles posted:

anyone going to ComicCon
first 200 to see episode 1 get a free wristband!

http://www.starz.com/Originals/BlackSails/RSVP

I saw this but fell asleep during it. From what I remember, the pilot was "ok enough to give later episodes a chance."

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Darko posted:

Batman always has a separate voice from Bruce Wayne unless he's Adam West or when the animation style switched on the cartoon. The Burton/Schumaker movies did it too, just less dramatically than Bale by the actors.

Liam should be Batman and play Wayne with his natural Australian accent and Batman with his Spartacus accent. Or vice versa.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

big fan of Batacus someone used on twitter, but BringerOfWayne is internet winning, kudos sir. Your wit is legendary

Get John Hannah for the Alfred the Butler role, except instead of being so posh the reimagined Alfred is a loud cursing scottish butler.

Also is it possible that Malcolm Tucker is a distant descendant of Batiatus?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

If Spartacus became Batman then who would be his Robin, Crixus or Gannicus?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Crixus is Deathstroke already :colbert:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

McSpanky posted:

Gannicus because Crixus is already Slade Wilson and that's how you tie it all together!

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

McSpanky posted:

Crixus because I don't care for the tv show Arrow.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Azure_Horizon posted:

Crixus because I don't care for the tv show Arrow.

Look at how wrong you are.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
I'm looking, but I definitely only see my correct opinion.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

etalian posted:

Also is it possible that Malcolm Tucker is a distant descendant of Batiatus?

That's... unlikely.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

McSpanky posted:

Duh, Agron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Agron is Alfred the buttler

• Locked thread