Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

ulmont posted:

Surprised they moved up from the 1399 start of EU3.

EUIII's core game originally had a 1453 start date, I think. The In Nomine expansion rolled it back to October 1399.

londonmoose posted:

Argh, is there anyway of taking yourself out of the line of succession in an elective monarchy? I started a new game as the Duke of Austria, and I just wanted to play in my little corner of the HRE and see if I could scheme my way into controlling all the "Austrian" (in a modern sense) counties, but all the other HRE dukes really love my ruler designed character and keep nominating me. I actually managed to inherit when the Kaiser suddenly died, quickly got overthrown by the Duchess of Bavaria, then got reinstated a few years later by a Faction, but I don't want anything to do with actually ruling the HRE. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for any help.

Next time, vote for the #2 Candidate. I think that if you don't support yourself for the throne, then the other electors will shift their votes to someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

londonmoose posted:

Argh, is there anyway of taking yourself out of the line of succession in an elective monarchy? I started a new game as the Duke of Austria, and I just wanted to play in my little corner of the HRE and see if I could scheme my way into controlling all the "Austrian" (in a modern sense) counties, but all the other HRE dukes really love my ruler designed character and keep nominating me. I actually managed to inherit when the Kaiser suddenly died, quickly got overthrown by the Duchess of Bavaria, then got reinstated a few years later by a Faction, but I don't want anything to do with actually ruling the HRE. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for any help.
If the dudes like you that much, they ought to be willing to vote for whoever you vote for.

londonmoose
Mar 22, 2011

Spiderfist Island posted:

Next time, vote for the #2 Candidate. I think that if you don't support yourself for the throne, then the other electors will shift their votes to someone else.

I had been doing that, but it seems that a one point the new Kaiser died right before I could nominate someone else, which is how I came to inherit.

I've now reloaded the save from earlier, and it seems to sort of work. Fewer people will vote for me as soon as I nominate someone else, but every now and again I'll still get enough votes to be the Heir. I'm guessing there's no more I could do, apart from editing the save file to change the HRE to another type of succession? I've founded a Gavelkind succession faction as well, to see if I can change the inheritance law that way.

Playing PB, and the HRE is just a complete mess - the Kaiser is getting overthrown or assassinated every few years and swathes of territory have already broken off and become independent. Guess it won't become the monster it often does in vanilla.

E: ^^^^ I'm really not sure how the actual mechanics work for how the AI decides who to vote for work, but I'm guessing they still like me more than anyone else? I guess I could also try deliberately piss off my backers.

E2: I've stop started plot-assassinating my backers. Seems a bit silly, but I guess it works. Especially if I get discovered and take a relations penalty, so then they wouldn't vote for me anyway. :hist101:

londonmoose fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 30, 2013

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

JGBeagle posted:

The 1399 start was added in DLC, kinda like 876 was added in CKII.

The 1399 start basically broke the game by making the Hordes too prominent and the OE too weak and also had some other undesirable effects (Bohemia being HRE, for example). 1444 is a great date from a political / diplomatic perspective (assuming you want the broad trends to history to be likely such as the OE being huge and powerful and the HRE not getting eaten by France) while still letting people play as Byzantium.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

londonmoose posted:

Thanks for any help.

Come on, this is Crusader Kings, do you really need to ask? Unjustly imprison! Revoke titles! Execute people for no reason! Stab! Make those bastards hate you enough that they'll never even think of electing your heir.

londonmoose
Mar 22, 2011

Daktar posted:

Come on, this is Crusader Kings, do you really need to ask? Unjustly imprison! Revoke titles! Execute people for no reason! Stab! Make those bastards hate you enough that they'll never even think of electing your heir.

It's not about electing an heir to my titles, it's about the other Dukes of the HRE electing me as heir to HRE that I'm trying to avoid! So I can't revoke their titles or imprison them. I am trying to assassinate them/declare war on them if they happen to own a county I like.

Even then, they still seem quite happy to support me. I got caught assassinating an elector, but he still seemed happy to vote for me. I'm at war with the Duchess of Bavaria, and she's still happily voting for me too... :psyduck:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
"Extra power and an increase in station? No, thank you" is sort of antithetical to the entire game.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Yeah seriously. Your goals have shifted now: You must destroy the HRE from within and destabilize every single other kingdom, leaving Austria as the only coherent realm.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If you want to play an HRE duke without being elected emperor I've heard the trick is to play someone who's not German. The other dukes pick mostly on reputation so that "foreigner" malus will keep you from having the best opinion with everyone, whereas if you're German the instant you get more prestige than everyone else they'll lock onto you.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Yeah, when I play Provence or an Italian duke it is incredibly difficult to be elected Emperor (which is fine by me because I usually have other goals for those starts).

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Dallan Invictus posted:

Yeah, when I play Provence or an Italian duke it is incredibly difficult to be elected Emperor (which is fine by me because I usually have other goals for those starts).

Starting off as some dumbshit Italian count and ending up as the Emperor of Italy is probably my favourite way to play CK2. The 2 Sardinian counts under Pisa are particularly fun to play since they don't even have their counties' cities as vassals :v:

londonmoose
Mar 22, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

"Extra power and an increase in station? No, thank you" is sort of antithetical to the entire game.

Yeah, that's fair enough. I understand that I'm not quite playing the game it was designed, so it's always going to be a bit of a struggle fighting against what the game wants me to do.

Benagain posted:

Yeah seriously. Your goals have shifted now: You must destroy the HRE from within and destabilize every single other kingdom, leaving Austria as the only coherent realm.

That is my long-term goal! And the HRE has been doing a pretty good job of destabilising itself already. I could probably help it along with a few key stabbings...

Sindai posted:

If you want to play an HRE duke without being elected emperor I've heard the trick is to play someone who's not German. The other dukes pick mostly on reputation so that "foreigner" malus will keep you from having the best opinion with everyone, whereas if you're German the instant you get more prestige than everyone else they'll lock onto you.

Dallan Invictus posted:

The current Emperor is Italian, which is probably part of the problem, as no one is voting for his heir. I guess the next thing I could try is to assassinate him, and have a German back in charge (as long as it's not me!)

I am having quite a blast though, just managed to snipe a county from Bavaria when they were involved in a big war with someone else. I started off with just a single county, and now am up to 4 just 40 years later!

Once I have actually conquered all the provinces, I would like to form a titular title for the Kingdom of Austria. I'm guessing the Titular Title Generator would do this for me? How exactly does it work, could I create a de jure Kingdom title with it too?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I've been encountering a weird bug. If I resign and attempt to reload, it hangs forever and I can't even close it with Task Manager. I either have to log off or restart the computer.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Did anyone ever make a mod to expand the scope of the Hellenistic religion/make a playable Roman Empire? I remember some folks tossing around the idea (myself included), but I lost track of the thread.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

So while I am looking up Europa Universalis IV, can anyone here tell me Goon reasons to buy this? I looked at Crusader Kings and bought it because of all these amazing stories, but don't know much about Europa Universalis IV.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

I got a bunch of the DLC I'd been missing with the sale and playing as Norse makes the game a lot more active feeling and fun. Old Gods is a good expansion so far.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Rapdawg posted:

So while I am looking up Europa Universalis IV, can anyone here tell me Goon reasons to buy this? I looked at Crusader Kings and bought it because of all these amazing stories, but don't know much about Europa Universalis IV.

Well, one of the best reasons is that with the recently revealed converter you can take your version of Europe at the end of CKII and keep playing as the same countries in EUIV. Guide the reformed Roman Empire to colonize the East and West Indies etc etc etc.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Rapdawg posted:

Because Europa Universalis 3 is a really good game, and EU4 looks to have improved upon it in every single way.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Rapdawg posted:

Europa Universalis is different in a lot of ways from Crusader Kings, in that you aren't playing as a person, but a country. It's more like Civilization in that regard where you're in control of all of your territory, you don't have to worry about internal politics or interpersonal relationships. The country you play as can change dynastic hands and you still keep playing the country. There are no CK style characters at all. It's a much more traditional strategy game where you're more concerned with enlarging your empire and things such as that. If that's a type of game you want to play, EU3 was a very good one of those. EU4 isn't out yet but it's looking fantastic.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

Rapdawg posted:

So while I am looking up Europa Universalis IV, can anyone here tell me Goon reasons to buy this?

Goon reasons? I can give you good reasons, but even though Paradox has honored us with its presence I don't think SA is that prominent.

Kidding aside, EU3 was a fun alt-history simulator even though there wasn't much else to do in the end than paint the map your color. Imagination and knowledge on the subject matter makes it even more fun. Paradox games got me really reading about history, and thus leading Ottoman armies against Austria and succeeding in the siege of Vienna is a lot more than just two different colors battling in a computer game.

And you can colonize the Americas as Japan, China or some South-Eastern Asian country! Or as the Ottomans or Tunisia! Or you can conquer England as France and see what happens a few centuries down the road in India that is not subjugated by the British Empire!

And the converter seems like the best thing ever. It's the thing I've been waiting for since 2008, when all I had was CK1 and EU3. Can't wait to start as some Russian prince in the Old Gods start, convert to Sunni, form the sultanate of Russia and take that to EU4.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.
So once EU4 ships, will the next game be the prophesied Holy Grail, Europa Kings, where you have to deal with all the diplomatic/administrative/militaristic aspects of the EU games while ALSO having to manage your dynasty and at least some abstraction of your vassals?

Because I want that game.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

What were the creation conditions of the Jomsvikings again? Specifically what does this mean:

religion = catholic
controls_religion = yes # Let it happen for the Pope - he's always around

Who or what has to be Catholic?

Edit: Much appreciated.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jul 31, 2013

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Leb posted:

So once EU4 ships, will the next game be the prophesied Holy Grail, Europa Kings, where you have to deal with all the diplomatic/administrative/militaristic aspects of the EU games while ALSO having to manage your dynasty and at least some abstraction of your vassals?

Because I want that game.

Still holding out for that migratory tribe game idea that was posted here awhile back.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Looks like they just want to code it as a character event, but to do that they need to have it happen to someone who always exists, and in this case they've chosen the pope. Not a big deal. Requirement is for Stettin to have fewer than 4 holdings (not sure if that includes the capital holding or not, though), for Stettin to be owned by a reformed or unreformed norse pagan and for the event not to have popped before. If all three are met then it'll give the guy who owns Stettin another event, to either given the Jomsvikings some land or not.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Allyn posted:

Looks like they just want to code it as a character event, but to do that they need to have it happen to someone who always exists, and in this case they've chosen the pope. Not a big deal. Requirement is for Stettin to have fewer than 4 holdings (not sure if that includes the capital holding or not, though), for Stettin to be owned by a reformed or unreformed norse pagan and for the event not to have popped before. If all three are met then it'll give the guy who owns Stettin another event, to either given the Jomsvikings some land or not.

Not only Stettin, it also checks few other counties around that area for a place to drop Jomsviking castle.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Pyromancer posted:

Not only Stettin, it also checks few other counties around that area for a place to drop Jomsviking castle.

Yeah you're right, I thought it was just the one series of events but nope there are several. Any of them popping prevents all the rest from doing so, and the provinces are: Stettin, Wolgast, Rugen, Werle.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Rurik posted:

And you can colonize the Americas as Japan, China or some South-Eastern Asian country!
Was it ever fixed in EU3 that the International Date Line couldn't calculate naval ranges across it, and so you couldn't colonize America East-West or Asia West-East?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
How the hell do you play the Vikings? My first game of CK2 had me start in Wales and take over the UK in a fairly straightforward way, how the poo poo are you supposed to get the entire kingdom of Norway when you've got to get it all done in one life before gavelkind takes your nice single colored country and fucks it up beyond all recognition or sense? Am I just supposed to guess when I'm supposed to die and start awarding landed titles to my chosen heir?

Admittedly I'm really new at the game, as my only experience is watching the Idle Thumbs guys and playing the aforementioned 10 hours or so from Wales->UK.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
Can Slavic pagans concubines? I want a Russian Muslim game, but waiting for a preacher to arrive could take time.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Rurik posted:

Can Slavic pagans concubines? I want a Russian Muslim game, but waiting for a preacher to arrive could take time.

Yes, every pagan religion (including generic pagan and hellenic, apparently) can have up to 3.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Bedurndurn posted:

How the hell do you play the Vikings? My first game of CK2 had me start in Wales and take over the UK in a fairly straightforward way, how the poo poo are you supposed to get the entire kingdom of Norway when you've got to get it all done in one life before gavelkind takes your nice single colored country and fucks it up beyond all recognition or sense? Am I just supposed to guess when I'm supposed to die and start awarding landed titles to my chosen heir?

Admittedly I'm really new at the game, as my only experience is watching the Idle Thumbs guys and playing the aforementioned 10 hours or so from Wales->UK.

Pretty much, though Gavelkind won't let you do that since it's gamey. The Subjugation CB used to be way more overpowered since it didn't have the "once per lifetime" limit, so forming the Scandinavian nations/empire was stupidly easy. Much tougher now, but arguably more fair.

Apparently Gavelkind is busted right now though with your firstborn getting the least amount of land while the other brothers get more when it's supposed to be the reverse. What you could do is either have only one child through :ese: or raise your direct heir as horribly as possible while turning his brothers into ambitious powermongers, and then hope that they push their claims through either more :ese: or straight-up war. If the firstborn has no children of his own, control will most likely default to one of the brothers.

That's the price you pay for building a pagan kingdom while unreformed/on Gavelkind. Lots of family blood.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
My solution to Gavelkind is pretty simple.

Never have more than one of the highest rank formed (So if you're a king, you only have one kingly title; if you're an emperor, only one empire, etc), and always hold 1/# holdings. Be count of one county, duke of one duchy, king of one kingdom, and emperor of one empire. Holding anything more than that is a trap unless you're holding it until you can give it out or using it as a bribery item. Legalism is basically the death sentence of technologies if you actually take it up on its intended purpose.

Let your vassals take care of everything else. You gain less money and you have a smaller liege army (You probably shouldn't be raising your liege anyway unless you want him to die/become an invalid anyway). There you go, that's your solution. After the present leader dies, there might be some "Relative for Empire" poo poo for a while, but that's nothing that your vassal armies or gift bribery can't take care of.

Likewise, treat your vassals the same! Don't let them have more than one title of a given rank (Yes, there can be kings under an emperor, they aren't autonomous when you're a higher rank) unless they take it through their intrigue games that they play with each other. When they do that, the other vassals have a way of plotting against them and taking away their titles anyway. Doing this controls civil wars and factions, since everyone is on roughly equal footing. It also allows you to just gift bribe or demand religious conversion as necessary to quell any possible uprising. You can also hold their vassalages hostage and then transfer them over to them when they get uppity (Do this by assigning a leader for all cities/temples/baronies, but then don't including all lower titles when you give out the county). When you conquer a chunk of land, personally hand out every city, temple, barony, and county, and then pick one of the vassals for the duchy/kingdom title - because it doesn't really matter, I usually pick whichever county the duchy is named after to be the duke. Demand religious conversion where applicable. Proper use of this can also tailor counties to be a specific religion and culture, since the county will eventually flip to whatever culture/religion the count has.

Using this tactic is basically the most gamey thing I've found for Gavelkind, and using it has allowed me to take over half of Europe as Hungary with no civil wars, and the entirety of Britannia, France, and some of Spain as a ruler designer Zoroastrian Persian. It really is amazing how hosed you can make yourself by just holding onto more than one title.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 31, 2013

Elwood P. Dowd
Oct 13, 2005

Jimmy Stewart would approve
Or just play a Norse king and conquer n+1 new duchies where n is the number of sons you have. If you form an empire you will need to start conquering kingdoms. Seems like the most metal way to do things.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Elwood P. Dowd posted:

Or just play a Norse king and conquer n+1 new duchies where n is the number of sons you have. If you form an empire you will need to start conquering kingdoms. Seems like the most metal way to do things.

This is the way I've been doing it until I manage to reform the faith. Just conquer a duchy for each son other than your main heir, and only keep one Kingdom title, one duchy, and all counties within that duchy. As long as all your other sons have a full duchy each, it seems your heir gets "your" duchy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

Never have more than one of the highest rank formed (So if you're a king, you only have one kingly title; if you're an emperor, only one empire, etc), and always hold 1/# holdings. Be count of one county, duke of one duchy, king of one kingdom, and emperor of one empire. Holding anything more than that is a trap unless you're holding it until you can give it out or using it as a bribery item. Legalism is basically the death sentence of technologies if you actually take it up on its intended purpose.

Let your vassals take care of everything else. You gain less money and you have a smaller liege army (You probably shouldn't be raising your liege anyway unless you want him to die/become an invalid anyway). There you go, that's your solution. After the present leader dies, there might be some "Relative for Empire" poo poo for a while, but that's nothing that your vassal armies or gift bribery can't take care of.

Likewise, treat your vassals the same! Don't let them have more than one title of a given rank (Yes, there can be kings under an emperor, they aren't autonomous when you're a higher rank) unless they take it through their intrigue games that they play with each other. When they do that, the other vassals have a way of plotting against them and taking away their titles anyway. Doing this controls civil wars and factions, since everyone is on roughly equal footing. It also allows you to just gift bribe or demand religious conversion as necessary to quell any possible uprising. You can also hold their vassalages hostage and then transfer them over to them when they get uppity (Do this by assigning a leader for all cities/temples/baronies, but then don't including all lower titles when you give out the county). When you conquer a chunk of land, personally hand out every city, temple, barony, and county, and then pick one of the vassals for the duchy/kingdom title - because it doesn't really matter, I usually pick whichever county the duchy is named after to be the duke. Demand religious conversion where applicable. Proper use of this can also tailor counties to be a specific religion and culture, since the county will eventually flip to whatever culture/religion the count has.

Using this tactic is basically the most gamey thing I've found for Gavelkind, and using it has allowed me to take over half of Europe as Hungary with no civil wars, and the entirety of Britannia, France, and some of Spain as a ruler designer Zoroastrian Persian. It really is amazing how hosed you can make yourself by just holding onto more than one title.

It's the second thing that is keeping your realm stable. Holding one county is a retarded thing that you do for no reason. Also what do you mean by raising your liege army being harmful to your liege's health? You can raise your personal levies without personally leading them.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Knuc If U Buck posted:

It's the second thing that is keeping your realm stable. Holding one county is a retarded thing that you do for no reason. Also what do you mean by raising your liege army being harmful to your liege's health? You can raise your personal levies without personally leading them.

If you dont personally lead your armies especially as a Norse you should just stop playing :colbert:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SpRahl posted:

If you dont personally lead your armies especially as a Norse you should just stop playing :colbert:

I always make my ruler lead a flank, no matter the culture. Norse get the centre.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Shima Honnou posted:

When playing as a pagan especially, you sometimes will end up with multiple king level titles because of the subjugation CB. I started a Harald Fairhair game the other day and I subjugated Norway using the become king ambition, while at the same time the Af Munsos formed Sweden. When I used my once per lifetime subjugation to take Sweden from him, this made me end up with two kingdoms. I couldn't form Scandanavia or the Falkyrite (so I could switch out of gavelkind to elective) before I died, so the kingdoms were split between my two remaining sons.

So I handled gavelkind the way that it's meant to be handled: pay the iron price for my brother's kingdom :black101:

A lot of the gamey tactics for handling gavelkind shouldn't even really be necessary since you're going to try to switch out of it as soon as you can anyway and it's not particularly hard to go fight your siblings for their holdings anyway. Even losing the capital shouldn't matter since you can switch back to it once you retake it (assuming you don't conquer a better capital at some point and decide to move there.)

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Holding one county is a retarded thing that you do for no reason.

:catholic: Except when you want to hold multiple high level titles and keep them forever and ever. :catholic:

jpmeyer posted:

When playing as a pagan especially, you sometimes will end up with multiple king level titles because of the subjugation CB. I started a Harald Fairhair game the other day and I subjugated Norway using the become king ambition, while at the same time the Af Munsos formed Sweden. When I used my once per lifetime subjugation to take Sweden from him, this made me end up with two kingdoms. I couldn't form Scandanavia or the Falkyrite (so I could switch out of gavelkind to elective) before I died, so the kingdoms were split between my two remaining sons.

Yep, this is the common case that nets you multiple kingdoms and it's usually at this point that you have:

1.) A large enough retinue that divesting yourself of all but 1 county doesn't put you at risk of revolts

2.) A large enough tax base that divesting yourself of same doesn't adversely impact your income

... and so can easily survive with a single county and also keep your high level titles until such a time as you can form an empire title or get to becoming the Fylkir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

Allyn posted:

Yes, every pagan religion (including generic pagan and hellenic, apparently) can have up to 3.

Ok, that's great. :) But I've run across another problem with my plan to convert into Sunni. The Russian duchies don't get any any navies and there are Tengri Magyars and Cumans as well as Orthodox Byzantines between them and the nearest Muslims. (And if the Russians even had navies, I think only the Norse could navigate rivers.) So there's practically no way to siege a Muslim province and take potential concubines prisoners. Taking them via diplomatic screen is also impossible, because "----- Sunni faith prohibits taking concubines". And cause there's so much land and different realms between me and the Muslims, it's unlikely a preaching Muslim will show up anytime soon.

The only way to do this that I can think of is to use the ruler designer to make a Russian Sunni from the start. But then I'd lose the portion of playing as a Slavic pagan and experiencing the story of conversion. Is there any other way left?

What was the "always accept diplomatic offers" cheat? I could enable that and ask for a Sunni concubine/wife.

Wait, will a Muslim ruler let me marry his courtier even if I'm infidel if she's not his relative?

Beamed posted:

Was it ever fixed in EU3 that the International Date Line couldn't calculate naval ranges across it, and so you couldn't colonize America East-West or Asia West-East?

I don't know about this problem, so maybe.

• Locked thread