Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Tae posted:

Still better than the Lights of Orion or whatever "upgrade" that was that shiny armor glitter in MMPR.

Lights of Orion was Lost Galaxy. MMPR got Metallic Armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

jivjov posted:

Lights of Orion was Lost Galaxy. MMPR got Metallic Armor

Should have got Dairanger suits as upgrades instead.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dr Tran posted:

Should have got Dairanger suits as upgrades instead.

Or as we call it these days, the Super Megaforce approach. (Goddamn I can't get over how awkward that's going to be. The Gokaiger suits are straight up pirate outfits, how do those function as upgrades? It'd make more sense if the pirates upgraded to the shiny, ornate, Goseiger suits. And don't even get me started on the Black-to-Green issue...)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They wanted to use the Movie Suits for the upgrade, but I think a combination of them belonging to Fox and being pieces of poo poo prevented that.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Tae posted:

Still better than the Lights of Orion or whatever "upgrade" that was that shiny armor glitter in MMPR.

Hey, Lights of Orion changed the megazord too that was badass. I have no idea what weed/coke was used to think of the metallic armor.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

jivjov posted:

Or as we call it these days, the Super Megaforce approach. (Goddamn I can't get over how awkward that's going to be. The Gokaiger suits are straight up pirate outfits, how do those function as upgrades? It'd make more sense if the pirates upgraded to the shiny, ornate, Goseiger suits. And don't even get me started on the Black-to-Green issue...)

Well, the good thing about the Gokaiger suits is that even though they don't look like upgrades you'll only have to wait 5 minutes max until they're using completely different suits. :v:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

RBX posted:

Like the Underground enemy. They look for it find it, bring it out and kill it. Yay. Then later they just HERCULES CRISIS everything ughhhhhhhhhhh.

What? The entire point of that fight was getting it out of the ground, since it wasn't trying to directly attack them. To do that they had to fight other Megazords, too. It was probably one of the better robot fights in the series because they had a clear plan and pulled it off.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

No not that one, the other one earlier in the series. It was transported underground and they had to scan for it. It was the first time it wasn't just dropped in above ground. http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_8:_Protect_the_Machine_Blueprints! http://www.gooddrama.net/japanese-drama/tokumei-sentai-go-busters-episode-8

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Burkion posted:

They wanted to use the Movie Suits for the upgrade, but I think a combination of them belonging to Fox and being pieces of poo poo prevented that.

The movie suits were also something like 40 pounds, so I imagine it would have been unpleasant using them so often.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Bunpachy is the best of them. :colbert:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Well I'm glad we're never gonna see that ridiculous Deboss suit again.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I don't know if its the perspective or what, but Kyoryu Violet seems SUPER short compared to the rest of them. She's so tiny.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Well I'm glad we're never gonna see that ridiculous Deboss suit again.

I'm confused as to whether Chaos and Dogold died, too. I mean, they were in that thing when it blew up, weren't they? Maybe the new enemy commander we're getting replaces Dogold? Surely he warranted a much better death than that?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

There's no way they're all dead. Surely you've all seen enough toku to know that. :|

They'll both come back again, and we'll get an even MORE ridiculous Deboss suit later on.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
I guess it would have been more accurate for me to ask "I wonder how they're not dead" since they're clearly not. Though it would be interesting to see Candelira and Aigoron muddle along for a few episodes trying to continue attacking the team.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Dexie posted:

There's no way they're all dead. Surely you've all seen enough toku to know that. :|

They'll both come back again, and we'll get an even MORE ridiculous Deboss suit later on.

Personally I'm just wondering how the hell they're gonna stretch this all out for thirty more episodes. Show's got some ridiculously fast power creep going on.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Shaezerus posted:

Personally I'm just wondering how the hell they're gonna stretch this all out for thirty more episodes. Show's got some ridiculously fast power creep going on.

That was Deboss dino mode for killin' dinos. We're about to get Deboss Human mode for killin' humans he will be resistant to plezuon because he has absorbed human bravery in addition to sadness joy and anger.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Don't we still have one more Voltasaur, not counting the movie one that will be SUPER AWESOME POWERFUL but only used in like one or two episodes of the show?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Don't we still have one more Voltasaur, not counting the movie one that will be SUPER AWESOME POWERFUL but only used in like one or two episodes of the show?

Yeah, we've still got Kyoryu Silver and Bragigas to show up. Silver may or may not be Torin, making me wonder if he'll also have goofy wings on his suit

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

jivjov posted:

Yeah, we've still got Kyoryu Silver and Bragigas to show up. Silver may or may not be Torin, making me wonder if he'll also have goofy wings on his suit
I could live and be happy with that since that character is awesome, but I'll hold out hope til the last bitter moment for KyoryuDad.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

King and his dad are going to end up fighting each other. I can feel it in the buildup.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Watching Go-Onger and it's hysterical what needless dicks Gold and Silver are.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

"Too many too many of these Futabains!"

The Futabain battery hasn't actually been used yet, has it? Is it a movie battery?

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

jivjov posted:

They might just have something bad happen, then Gokaiger is their new power. Like how the MMPR movie when

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Classic Twisty posted:

They might just have something bad happen, then Gokaiger is their new power. Like how the MMPR movie when

It happened in the series too. I believe it was the Ninja powers being destroyed and replaced with Zeo. Either way, that's how I came to terms with Megaforce using Goseiger and Gokaiger. They did it in the 90's and it helps get around the episodes with pre Zyuranger heroes.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Dexie posted:

"Too many too many of these Futabains!"

The Futabain battery hasn't actually been used yet, has it? Is it a movie battery?

My Internet-Fu is weak but apparently it was first used in Super Hero Taisen Z. It definitely hasn't been in the series before.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I still say Super Megaforce should have the Wild West Rangers.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

I still say Super Megaforce should have the Wild West Rangers.
A cowboy Sentai would probably actually not be that good.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Hiramechimedes is a better written and more fully realized character than Rio from Gekiranger.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Pretty sure Waffle was referring to the actual Wild West Rangers, from...the Wild West. Back in MMPR. They technically count as a separate power, given they had scarves, fringes on their gloves and six shooter blade blasters.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Burkion posted:

Pretty sure Waffle was referring to the actual Wild West Rangers, from...the Wild West. Back in MMPR. They technically count as a separate power, given they had scarves, fringes on their gloves and six shooter blade blasters.

Yeah, Kimberly went back in time to the Wild West.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Looks like someone needs to watch Kakuranger. :colbert:

(Jiraiya is the best Black.)

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 1, 2013

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my loving god. They poured one out for him.

Truly, the greatest Sentai miniboss there ever was.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Looks like someone needs to watch Kakuranger. :colbert:

(Jiraiya is the best Black.)

That man is a ninja? That is amazing.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That man is a ninja? That is amazing.

He's an American ninja.

Kakuranger is one of the best.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Okay, Go-Onger rules just for having villains that genuinely care about each other beyond simply finding each other useful for furthering their shared cartoonishly evil goal.

Amazing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I remember liking Hiramechimedes in that arc more than the Go-On Wings, and wondering whether that was intentional.

Probably not.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 1, 2013

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Justin_Brett posted:

I remember liking Hiramechimedes in that arc more than the Go-On Wings, and wondering whether that was intentional.

Probably not.
It absolutely is. You are absolutely supposed to feel sympathetic for Hirachimechamedes. That's the brilliance of it.
You have this intellectual-type and the only thing in the world he wants to do is please the only person who ever made him feel worthwhile. But he can't because despite coming up with several brilliant plans he's constantly foiled by bullshit completely out of his control. Yogostein actually recognizes that it isn't fault when his plan fails solely because a giant robot whale came out of nowhere. But despite that he can't take losing, and, realizing that logically thinking through your plans doesn't mean poo poo when the heroes are able to pull miracles out of their asses, decides to sacrifice his intellect to become a raving unstoppable monster. He's so loving out of it in his last episode alive that all the other villains are like "holy poo poo, maybe we should have been nicer to him" But even that fails because of "THE HUMAN SPIRIT" and it's just the saddest loving thing.
Then to just kick him while he's down he comes back as a ghost because he is just that dedicated and only fails because, and for those who haven't watched Go-Onger I swear I'm not making this up, the team adds salt to their clusterfuck mecha's final attack.

Hiramechamedes is basically the Sentai version of Frank Grimes.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That was beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It absolutely is. You are absolutely supposed to feel sympathetic for Hirachimechamedes. That's the brilliance of it.
You have this intellectual-type and the only thing in the world he wants to do is please the only person who ever made him feel worthwhile. But he can't because despite coming up with several brilliant plans he's constantly foiled by bullshit completely out of his control. Yogostein actually recognizes that it isn't fault when his plan fails solely because a giant robot whale came out of nowhere. But despite that he can't take losing, and, realizing that logically thinking through your plans doesn't mean poo poo when the heroes are able to pull miracles out of their asses, decides to sacrifice his intellect to become a raving unstoppable monster. He's so loving out of it in his last episode alive that all the other villains are like "holy poo poo, maybe we should have been nicer to him" But even that fails because of "THE HUMAN SPIRIT" and it's just the saddest loving thing.
Then to just kick him while he's down he comes back as a ghost because he is just that dedicated and only fails because, and for those who haven't watched Go-Onger I swear I'm not making this up, the team adds salt to their clusterfuck mecha's final attack.

Hiramechamedes is basically the Sentai version of Frank Grimes.

Okay now my reaction to Hiramechamedes makes sense. Thank you because I always wondered why I felt sad for a math robot with a Pythagorean theorem sword.

• Locked thread