Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Rift Forums 7/31 posted:

Hey everyone,

Following the North American update this morning we discovered an issue that has caused server instability. We need to bring shards offline immediately - however, due to internal network maintenance it is taking longer than expected to prepare a new build with a fix for the issue.

Our ETA is Up to 5 HOURS or approximately 4:00PM Pacific - we hope to be well under this & will let you know if this estimate changes.

Thanks for your patience while we get this issue resolved!

I swear this happens whenever I try a new MMO. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Pesterchum posted:

I swear this happens whenever I try a new MMO. Sorry.

:argh:

Kicked me off at the 3 minute warning, haha. Oh well, we sure got 2 of the open world bosses down in record time before the server went down.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
I logged in to the 1 minute splash message, OOPS.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

deimos posted:

Yes it was AFAIK.
This was it.

You are correct. Still up there ahead of everything but Pyro and lock sub-50%. Doesn't help that I'd forgotten that after my last big check of paragon parses they got buffed, so I was going in with a mental note of ~24k when the numbers everyone seems to be supposed to be balanced around now are 25k for melee and 22-23k for ranged.

e: God drat Ahov needs to not be talking about one spec and then parse with another.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 31, 2013

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

http://community.riftgame.com/en/2013/07/18/three-springs-dimension-winners/

How did we not win the dimension contest, not even an honorable mention? This is a travesty.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/news-announcements/377729-immediate-north-american-maintenance-7-31-12-a.html#post4420193

quote:

Default IMMEDIATE North American Maintenance - 7/31/12 @

Hey everyone,

Following the North American update this morning we discovered an issue that has caused server instability. We need to bring shards offline immediately - however, due to internal network maintenance it is taking longer than expected to prepare a new build with a fix for the issue.

Our ETA is Up to 5 HOURS or approximately 4:00PM Pacific - we hope to be well under this & will let you know if this estimate changes.

Thanks for your patience while we get this issue resolved!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Murvin posted:

http://community.riftgame.com/en/2013/07/18/three-springs-dimension-winners/

How did we not win the dimension contest, not even an honorable mention? This is a travesty.
People aren't clicking +1 on the guild dimension.

Also the guys who run Pirate Paradiso are paying people to +1 their dimension.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Looks like the servers are back up. For how long who knows.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Looks like my cleric is gone.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Grey Elephants posted:

Looks like my cleric is gone.

Uh. Have you talked to chat support or something about that?

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

Bonapartisan posted:

Uh. Have you talked to chat support or something about that?

I just submitted a support ticket. Hopefully they can help.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

Daerc posted:

You are correct. Still up there ahead of everything but Pyro and lock sub-50%. Doesn't help that I'd forgotten that after my last big check of paragon parses they got buffed, so I was going in with a mental note of ~24k when the numbers everyone seems to be supposed to be balanced around now are 25k for melee and 22-23k for ranged.

e: God drat Ahov needs to not be talking about one spec and then parse with another.

Lock is still parsing less than pyro even sub-50% :( It was fun while it lasted. Pyro is super-cooldown managey too, I still haven't figured out the pyro rotation, the guides are super outdated.

I wish I had a ranged spec like inq for spam! Lucky ducks.

Re: to not winning dim contest,
The top 3 winners were paying for +1 with plat and rex, the top winner on our server is likely why they made the winners the top 3 :P Oh well, ours is still kinda fun!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

lsp posted:

I wish I had a ranged spec like inq for spam! Lucky ducks.

And now the rubber band is on the other claw!

It's okay after a few patches clerics will be the worst where they belong.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 31, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Opener: Q>4>E>M5>E>1>E>1>1>1

Rotation: 3,3>Ct+4>2>Q>4>3>E>Ct+3,3,3>Ct+4>M5>3>2>2>2>2>2>E>Q>4>3>1>1>1>1>1

Easy.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I'm snailing along getting closer to 60 (I'm level 58 now), and I'm wondering if I should go Patron. Is it worth it?

Seems a bit pricey.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Up to you if it's worth it, it's roughly 15 bucks worth of ingame currency for 30 days of patron, same as subscribing used to cost.

Patrons get a bunch of passive bonuses, listed here http://www.riftgame.com/en/store/

+10% mountspeed

You get to summon a banker, mailbox and trainer once each every 2 hours

-10% to cash store purchases

1 charge per day (you can save up 7 charges max, if you don't use them) for a bonus 40% of each of the following: exp, notoriety, currencies (planarite, crafting marks, dungeon marks, pvp marks, etc), favor, prestige

Daily login claims in the cash store, and a weekly one. Not that great, usually it's ~75 random pvp/dungeon/expert/raid marks, a tiny bit of loyalty like 5 points, and a random artifact. If they let you choose which marks to get it would be a lot better in my opinion.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Mayor McCheese posted:

I'm snailing along getting closer to 60 (I'm level 58 now), and I'm wondering if I should go Patron. Is it worth it?

Seems a bit pricey.

You get some nice bonuses: daily 40% "vials" for XP, Rep, Tokens, Favor, Prestige and Favor that stack up to 7x (like dungeon dailies); daily and weekly rewards from the store (boxes with random items, I get a lot of artifacts but you can get potions, loyalty tokens, and deeps lock boxes); and personal mailbox/banker/gbanker/class trainer summons.

You can get everything (I think) but the summons without Patron (unless you had them from veteran rewards already).

e;fb

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Cool, I'll try it for a month. Thanks guys.

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 1, 2013

Donny J
Jan 20, 2006

lsp posted:

Lock is still parsing less than pyro even sub-50% :( It was fun while it lasted. Pyro is super-cooldown managey too, I still haven't figured out the pyro rotation, the guides are super outdated.

Yeah I'm also still trying to figure out a good pyro rotation for when I need to switch away from Harb during the "gently caress you melee" fights/portions of fights. Phantom Blades is nice, but that 15 second cooldown window is rough during some fights. I get the general concept of using filler spells during the 3 second Pyromancer's Aegis double fireball ICD, but still have trouble figuring out when to use poo poo like Flame Volley, Fulminate, Fusillade etc., and how to lineup cooldowns (Internalize Charge, Heat Wave, Extinguish to name a few).

Any guidance here would be awesome.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Just got home, the Rift Mobile app is saying Deepwood is offline, and the launcher is coming up with a Request Timeout instead of patch notes? But the game seems okay :iiam:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

anthonypants posted:

Just got home, the Rift Mobile app is saying Deepwood is offline, and the launcher is coming up with a Request Timeout instead of patch notes? But the game seems okay :iiam:

More than okay, we just got rapid assault Frozen Tempest :smugdog:

ixxit
Oct 15, 2010
Finally got through to the live support and got my old account restored. A man doesn't walk away from free bag slots.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

More than okay, we just got rapid assault Frozen Tempest :smugdog:

And one-shotted Matriarch! (Well, 2 technically, but Antaris DCed right as we did the first pull).

Loving that we are full clearing FT and the first 3 bosses of EE this quick. Time to hammer on Goloch, hopefully that won't be too bad.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

necrotic posted:

And one-shotted Matriarch! (Well, 2 technically, but Antaris DCed right as we did the first pull).

Loving that we are full clearing FT and the first 3 bosses of EE this quick. Time to hammer on Goloch, hopefully that won't be too bad.

Goloch isn't too bad, you should have him down in no time.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
tried rapid assault tdq today, wiped twice:

:argh:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Rianeva posted:

He's dead! Nearly had him after a couple pulls but lost most of the raid to Gaze. Next pull we nailed it (got all the achievements).

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

All thanks to my Glimpse Flickering.

Also, hi Regulos!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Wouldn't be a rift screenshot without horrible text errors

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I just now realised I have an EHP meter that I installed for my rogue on my mage :wtc:

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 1, 2013

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Everyone is giving Esthi so much hell for his UI, I figure his isn't all that bad, honestly. This is mine.

Keshik fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 1, 2013

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
What mod gives the rep tracking bar?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I dunno, I like my UI :shobon:. Works fine for me most of the time!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Post poste posted:

What mod gives the rep tracking bar?

Gadgets

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Your UI might be fine but that DPS is SHAMEFUL.

Also grats on your EE kills, hope you like tentacles on monday!

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

It was trash that half of us died to.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

It was trash that half of us died to.

That trash needs to be CC'd (silenced and/or knocked back I believe) during its casts or it WILL summon adds that will absolutely destroy everyone in sight.

Rianeva posted:

Goloch isn't that much harder than Matriarch, probably easier on the numbers requirements even, since it was designed to have mechanics at some point.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Keshik posted:

Everyone is giving Esthi so much hell for his UI, I figure his isn't all that bad, honestly. This is mine.

Yours is better... not a fan of vertical action bars, though. Horizontal bars on the bottom are great.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

You people have huge screens :( Here's my UI:

Also, congrats on Goloch!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
That's nowhere near as cluttered as mine:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Zoness posted:

Your UI might be fine but that DPS is SHAMEFUL.

Also grats on your EE kills, hope you like tentacles on monday!

Thanks, gonna go see mechanics, but we may not have enough dps for him since we're gonna be down Tsu and Kreczor and possibly others.

Zoness posted:

That's nowhere near as cluttered as mine:

Your group frames get more and more oddly spaced every time I see a screenshot of your UI.

• Locked thread