Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Duncan is getting reamed on Twitter for wearing a fedora haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

toggle posted:

Duncan is getting reamed on Twitter for wearing a fedora haha

:confused: Why? He's always worn a fedora.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

bango skank posted:

:confused: Why? He's always worn a fedora.

Twitter?

Maybe it's the first time people have seen him? I don't know.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
i wonder what he thinks about my little pony

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
He wore one on that Joe Rogan Conspiracy show that just aired the other night.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Duncan talked about it on the podcast at one point... he wears it because he is going bald and is self conscious about it.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

bigperm posted:

Duncan talked about it on the podcast at one point... he wears it because he is going bald and is self conscious about it.

That's like wearing a clown nose because you're self-concious of a zit on your honker.

Did anyone listen to the recent Pointless podcast with Kevin Peweweweewa? Redban was the main "guest" and it actually gave a little insight into Redban due to Pereira's probing nature and penchant for asking personal poo poo. I'm sure lots of people couldn't stomach it but I found it kinda interesting.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
For me, Kevin's podcast will always be him prank calling his neighbors and ranting about Quake 2 :allears:

Joey Donuts
Feb 19, 2004

My code word will be: Endurance.
I watched the first episode of Joe Rogan Questions Everything and the best parts by far were Duncan's jokes and when Joe and Duncan are shooting the poo poo on their way to go squatchin'. Other than that it felt like another heartless, overproduced reality show. I really wish it was more genuine and didn't follow all the stupid Syfy ghost show conventions.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
Dan Carlin's gonna be on today's show. I'm pretty stoked.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Joey Donuts posted:

I watched the first episode of Joe Rogan Questions Everything and the best parts by far were Duncan's jokes and when Joe and Duncan are shooting the poo poo on their way to go squatchin'. Other than that it felt like another heartless, overproduced reality show. I really wish it was more genuine and didn't follow all the stupid Syfy ghost show conventions.

Seems like Joe shares that sentiment

https://twitter.com/joerogan/status/361933912043298817

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Well then he should just gorilla gently caress the co-producers into submission.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
It's awesome that Dan and Rogan have become friends. Even Bryan has bonded with him because everyone is around the same age.

It's endearing and hilarious that Rogan has become so excited by history. The Amy Schumer episode is great because Rogan goes off on the Khans.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

diesiel posted:

Well then he should just gorilla gently caress the co-producers into submission.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Please tweet this to him.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Oh man, Joe Rogan talking about the sophistication of pool one moment, and making GBS threads on darts the next.

Love the JRE.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Listening to the Ian McCall podcast.

Joe is straight up talking about using growth hormone and weekly test injections. I've never heard him mention this before.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Joe Rogan is a growth hormone injection.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Pocket Billiards posted:

Joe is straight up talking about using growth hormone and weekly test injections. I've never heard him mention this before.

Joe has been more than open about taking HGH and testosterone for at least three or so years now. I don't know about injections, but he did mention before that he had a cream version of testosterone he rubs on himself.

Which makes his shilling for supplements even funnier.

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

Matt 24:44
You know, I never even thought about that. Joe always talks about how much he loves alpha brain, but who knows how much of the time it's HGH that's doing the work. Anyways it's also bizarre that you can get alpha brain for less off of his website. Doesn't Joe own part of Onnit? e should be selling that poo poo lower than anyone else around.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

rivid posted:

You know, I never even thought about that. Joe always talks about how much he loves alpha brain, but who knows how much of the time it's HGH that's doing the work.

Doing what work?

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
HGH gives you dreams man, I know it works

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

haven't teams of scientists done proper studies to prove his claims, y'know, like the double blind placebo experiments, the proper ones? Joe told me

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

ZMA - we're for frothy loads

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I basically only just started listening to this show, but after hearing the Neil Degrasse Tyson episode, the Graham Hancock episodes, Tommy Chong and Joey Diaz, I am loving hooked to this poo poo. I have hundreds of episodes to catch up on!

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Its fun for a while but eventually you'll start cherry picking guests and only listen then.

I dare you to try to make it through an Aubrey Marcus/Chris Marcus/whatever he calls himself episode.

But early ones where its just Joe and Ari, or Joe and Diaz, are awesome.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Combo posted:

Its fun for a while but eventually you'll start cherry picking guests and only listen then.

I dare you to try to make it through an Aubrey Marcus/Chris Marcus/whatever he calls himself episode.

But early ones where its just Joe and Ari, or Joe and Diaz, are awesome.

This is pretty accurate.

Also, if you are enjoying the podcast you may want to stop reading this thread as it's kind of a buzzkill. Someone will call Rogan an idiot, then 10 people nod in agreement.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

hot sauce posted:

This is pretty accurate.

Also, if you are enjoying the podcast you may want to stop reading this thread as it's kind of a buzzkill. Someone will call Rogan an idiot, then 10 people nod in agreement.

I picked up on this after like three pages. But hey, goons.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I basically only just started listening to this show, but after hearing the Neil Degrasse Tyson episode, the Graham Hancock episodes, Tommy Chong and Joey Diaz, I am loving hooked to this poo poo. I have hundreds of episodes to catch up on!

Look for the Steven Rinella podcasts.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

And the Duncan ones. And the Bill Burr ones. And the Greg Fitzgibbon ones. And the Amy Schumer ones. And the Shane Smith ones. And the Dice ones..maybe

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
^^I tried the first Dice one and didn't like it. Are the others better?

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I picked up on this after like three pages. But hey, goons.

He's a total idiot FYI.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

The Dice ones were horrendous IMO. Among my least faves. Everyone has their tastes, but I really enjoy the Bert Krescher episodes.

Edit: I hate Dice Clay

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
The burr episodes are the greatest.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

If you're into history Dan Carlin from the Hardcore History podcast has started becoming a regular guest.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ZeroDays posted:

I really enjoy the Bert Krescher episodes.

Bert is the best. I remember downloading a JRE episode with him and having no idea who he was. Within minutes he had me laughing like crazy. It's that loving giggle.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Bert on Doug Loves Movies is really great too.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

bigperm posted:

Bert on Doug Loves Movies is really great too.

Yeah, because he's loving terrible at it. He seems to be the bane of Doug's existence, yet it makes me laugh endlessly

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

aubrey/chris marcus is the worst, before selling alpha bran he sold finger nail polish for dudes, alpha nails

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/03/07/alpha-nails-nailpolish-_n_1324982.html

he's not cool, he's a loving capitalist pig

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

i've listened since number 20 or so, and as much as i love joe having scientists, authors and experts, he's not the brightest bulb and neither is brian. really the only reason i'll tune in is for the jre drinking game. after 300 episodes it seems like some guests are abusing his power/reach/audience (everlast, rick ross, aubrey) and he had that 'reporter' from rt, the hot chick and she was dumb as gently caress, like a freshman in college that read a chomsky book and then read absolutely nothing else after.

i watched her interview richard wolff, a super smart marxist teacher and she literally had no questions besides, durp durp banks are bad

edit: also the rape culture denial is fantastic, and i finish my beer everytime they say it

edit x2: bert was on ari shaffir's podcast, and they talk about alcoholism, really good 2 hours or so

also the denial isn't fantastic, i meant to say fantastically ignorant, drink

An Apple A Gay fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I wonder what drug induced visions he saw to start up the Alpha Nails company?