Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kiros
Mar 16, 2008

Does anybody know about the quake?
Bullshit!
New Rifter here, looking to join the guild. Name's Omauj. Thanks! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Here's my UI along with a weird floor bug in Tempest Bay that was sort of unsettling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igE3obIyWGg

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

vandiar posted:

Here's my UI along with a weird floor bug in Tempest Bay that was sort of unsettling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igE3obIyWGg

That's about the same time that I messaged you last night, and you didn't respond! :argh:

I should have taken a screenshot last night, since I finally figured out how to do my buff bars correctly so I could see the Ion Shield on robutts. It also changes about every week, I'll take one after class today so you can marvel in the glory that is my UI.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Kreczor posted:

That's about the same time that I messaged you last night, and you didn't respond! :argh:

I should have taken a screenshot last night, since I finally figured out how to do my buff bars correctly so I could see the Ion Shield on robutts. It also changes about every week, I'll take one after class today so you can marvel in the glory that is my UI.

I am sorry Krezor I did not see any message from you! I went AFK right after that so I probably just missed it or maybe I have subconciously blocked all communication from you. If it was important you can PM me or mail me ingame or something.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Are there 2 good tanks out there who are interested in getting a second 20s group up? Getting at least the first 2 bosses of FT and the first boss of EE is easy enough.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

My Rogue can tank FT/EE though I only DPS'd it before (I've got 64k HP or so)

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

StumblyWumbly posted:

Are there 2 good tanks out there who are interested in getting a second 20s group up? Getting at least the first 2 bosses of FT and the first boss of EE is easy enough.

Well, I'm sure everyone is all for starting a second group. The only problem is that we have about what? 25 raiders at most? You'd have to end up pugging most of the raid or doing it on tuesdays/fridays so everyone from the other group that has an alt could fill some more slots.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

Well, I'm sure everyone is all for starting a second group. The only problem is that we have about what? 25 raiders at most? You'd have to end up pugging most of the raid or doing it on tuesdays/fridays so everyone from the other group that has an alt could fill some more slots.

If I get around to getting my warrior raid geared I'd help out and could see about helping fill some slots.

Alt second raid 20-man raid group was tried before and I dunno it had some downsides.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You could get alts from the main group if you schedule it outside of those hours, probably 5-6 of us. I could do it on the weekend. Add those 5-6 to the 5-10 people we have raid ready that can't get in the main group and you get close. You can pug a few slots. Won't be killing Crucia soon, but killing some bosses at least. The biggest issue there is the 5-10 new people and if they can find a common time.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Kreczor posted:

Yes, a second group would be largely pug, but I'd really rather not have to pug tanks or heals. If there are 2 good tanks, 2 good heals, and some extras who will make effort to go on a 2nd group, then it'll be worth setting up. Otherwise I'll pug with someone else for this week.

Did we have 2 HK groups at one point, or was it one group doing easy bosses, other doing Akylios?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

StumblyWumbly posted:

Yes, a second group would be largely pug, but I'd really rather not have to pug tanks or heals. If there are 2 good tanks, 2 good heals, and some extras who will make effort to go on a 2nd group, then it'll be worth setting up. Otherwise I'll pug with someone else for this week.

Did we have 2 HK groups at one point, or was it one group doing easy bosses, other doing Akylios?

The problem with doing this on your main if you don't get in on wednesday is that you'll be screwed out of progression come monday (and thus screwing us if we need that main to fill a slot), this is what happened before with alt raids.

I would posit that mains that miss wednesday only do whatever 20 man we haven't cleared.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

StumblyWumbly posted:

Both at some point. They changed HK to be more farm-friendly by making it so that you only had to kill darktide and inquisitor to get to Akylios around the time ID rolled out.

Before that a second group was tried and managed to clear both wings at some point maybe.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Here's that UI screenshot I promised.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Can I get invites for Toagiproi, Usraazoz, Jocheoth, and Hokuun?

Grey Elephants fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 1, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Kreczor posted:

Here's that UI screenshot I promised.

Get used to having the entire raid on your screen for when warriors get ~~ healz ~~.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

deimos posted:

The problem with doing this on your main if you don't get in on wednesday is that you'll be screwed out of progression come monday (and thus screwing us if we need that main to fill a slot), this is what happened before with alt raids.

I would posit that mains that miss wednesday only do whatever 20 man we haven't cleared.

Yeah, FT is an easy call. EE sucks because we're still progressing but clearing the first boss gives a guaranteed cool drop. Maybe we could try that on Tuesdays?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

:toot::dance:!!!REGGIE DOWN!!!:dance::toot:

And we finally got a ranged rogue DPS relic.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

deimos posted:

Get used to having the entire raid on your screen for when warriors get ~~ healz ~~.

Not pictured: raid frames above my buff bars. I'll find a way to make it manageable. SOMEHOW.

Dendrite
Jun 17, 2005
Surprisingly uninteresting.
What is the buff bar mod people have for short term procs over character frame?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dendrite posted:

What is the buff bar mod people have for short term procs over character frame?

Kalert, it's not really a buff bar mod so much as an alert system that lets you place icons when buffs are on certain targets.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

Kalert, it's not really a buff bar mod so much as an alert system that lets you place icons when buffs are on certain targets.

I made one that puts the message "RUN! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" In HUGE letters on your screen when you have the debuff that damages you when you don't move on the GA trash. I shared it with my GA group. Before that I was just calling out who had the debuff on vent and it didn't work too well. Now we hardly die to it. Thanks Karuul Alerts!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Did RIFT just die? Can't access the site or reach the character select server. We had 3 raid groups pulling kaaz'ra :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Kreczor posted:

Did RIFT just die? Can't access the site or reach the character select server. We had 3 raid groups pulling kaaz'ra :(

Working fine here!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Working fine here!

O.O Weird, I can't access a ts server I use all the time either. IRC and mumble still work though. What is happening ?!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Kreczor posted:

O.O Weird, I can't access a ts server I use all the time either. IRC and mumble still work though. What is happening ?!

I dunno man but check out this ballin dwarf I just found:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

I dunno man but check out this ballin dwarf I just found:

Oh god why is everyone dressing up like Aldwyn The White Wizard this is awful.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Kreczor posted:

I can't get to the website or anything either, might be TWC...

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Mysteriously, everything is now fine.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Kreczor posted:

Mysteriously, everything is now fine.

I'm still broked.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

The anti-cleric tears on the rift forums are aaaahhhhhmaaaaaazzzziiiinnnnnnggggggg.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

Post poste posted:

I'm still broked.

They just tweeted that they're looking into it.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Could I have a link to their twitter? I can't access even the rift website...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Post poste posted:

Could I have a link to their twitter? I can't access even the rift website...

https://twitter.com/Riftgame

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Kervik;4423481 posted:

Hey all,

A couple updates on things heading out to PTS for Purifier. With this update I'm backing away from the bigger changes and moving things back towards a version closer to what the Purifier is on live.

• Removed Flame Cascade.
  • New Ability: Fire Nova - Removes Burnout from up to 3 allies within 35m, healing and refreshing all active Wards. Instant cast. 30s cooldown. This ability is obtained by spending 61 points in the Purifier soul.
  • Removed Roaring Flames. Restored Ward of Fire to its current location on Live.
  • Absorb effects from Wards now stack. (This means you can have absorbs from each of the Wards on a target, but you still can only have a single stack of Ward of Fire at a time.)
  • Ward of Flame is now a 3 second channeled ability restoring health over 3s. Applies a stacking absorb shield effect each second. Lasts 10s. Max 3 stacks.
  • Feed the Flames now applies Feed the Flames to allies when they are affected by a Symbol buff, increasing healing received from Fire abilities by 10/20%.
  • Inflame now causes your Flame Lance and Fire Wall cause an additional 10/20% of their damage over 3s. Allows you to have an additional 1/ 2 Fire Walls active, but reduces the damage of Fire Wall by 10/20%.

The idea of having Burnout stacks on the caster is an interesting one. I'll give it some thought and see what sort of options there are in working with that sort of a mechanic.

:circlefap:

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
What the heck causes this?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

SlayVus posted:

Rift has a lot of text bugs.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

SlayVus posted:

expand the size of your chatbox (and then restore it if you want) to fix that

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

SlayVus posted:

it's only on your end too. I noticed this because I have the same text on two screens (general-ish and a tells specific screen) and one showed it truncated but it was perfectly fine on the other.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Post poste posted:

I can't get to the website or anything either, might be TWC...
Here's a forums post, and they even namedropped Time Warner specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

anthonypants posted:

Here's a forums post, and they even namedropped Time Warner specifically.

Awesome, so my friend won't be able to Rift, but I should be able to. Crazy stuff.

• Locked thread