Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sweeney Tom posted:

The city's bigger than the ones in the previous 3 games.

I really hate world size being touted in games. A lot of the times its just various sized prisms with a texture slapped on. I don't want a bigger world, I want more poo poo to do in it.

Also ShadownRun Returns is a good game. Lacks suplexes, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

coconono posted:

NO BUYS

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

coconono posted:

I really hate world size being touted in games. A lot of the times its just various sized prisms with a texture slapped on. I don't want a bigger world, I want more poo poo to do in it.

yeah, a big problem with the early wave of open world action games was that they got the open world part, but they didn't put anything meaningful to do in it. I remember this was a huge problem in GUN (but that game had a ton of problems).

maybe Saints Row 3's city could've been a little bit bigger (it's kind of weird how quickly you can go from one end to the other) but they packed it so full of stuff to do that I never really thought about it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah, a big problem with the early wave of open world action games was that they got the open world part, but they didn't put anything meaningful to do in it. I remember this was a huge problem in GUN (but that game had a ton of problems).

maybe Saints Row 3's city could've been a little bit bigger (it's kind of weird how quickly you can go from one end to the other) but they packed it so full of stuff to do that I never really thought about it.

Once you get the hoverbike, goodie hunting becomes child's play.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
What the hell am I missing in Universe mode in WWE 13? I see all this jazz about storylines but the most I've ever seen was Kane offering a handshake before slapping the poo poo out of CM Punk before a match.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Cardboard Box posted:

Saints Row 4 actually was going to be a Saints Row 3 add-on but during development THQ had them shift it to a full sequel in a panic before they shut down. that's why it's in the same city and recycles a ton of assets. I'm sure it will still be a good game, but it really is a glorified expansion rather than the next major title in the series.

Valeyard posted:

And the Saint's Row 3 propsed DLC - Enter the Dominatrix, which then turned into Saint's Row 4, is now being released as DLC for Saint's Row 4 :lol:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/22/report-enter-the-dominatrix-is-saints-row-4s-first-dlc-coming/

Fishbulb I hate you.

Enter the Dominatrix was a planned expansion for 3. THQ and Volition decided that INSTEAD of doing the expansion, they would just ROLL THAT into Saints Row 4 (which was already planned). Then in the production of EtD, Volition stripped everything out of it that was good and added that to WHAT WAS ALREADY GOING TO BE SR4. They then decided that they had enough left over good stuff to make the first DLC for 4 be a continuation of what was going to be SR3's DLC.

It's been repeated ad nauseum, but it is wrong. SR4 is not a glorified expansion pack, it isn't some DLC blown into a full game, and they aren't just pushing the 3rds DLC to the 4th one.

This has been confirmed (and the inaccurate version debunked) like 4000 times since the end of The Third and current times.

Once again Fishbulb, you suck and I hate you.

Volition themselves acknowledging peoples fears: http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/saints_row_4/news/saints_row_4_expansion_pack_criticism_understandable_says_volition.html

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

coconono posted:

Yeah, I'm loving it. Though I agree with the folks in the main SRR thread who say that the scope of the game increases from "avenge my friend" to "save the world!" too quickly. It's not perfect, but considering that I've been dreaming about another good Shadowrun video game for about 16 years and it didn't let me down I'd say it's pretty drat good.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Well of course they would say that :rolleyes:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
A new wrestling indie game came out on XBox 360 today, it looks low-rent enough to possibly be fun for $3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jp3kiNp3yk

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Looks better than wwe aka loving dragons lair 2kwhateverman

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Did that dude seriously just do a pop-up RKO? gently caress I'd buy that for $3 it looks like hella fun.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhSMChqPxYY
:stare: those CAW options are insane. For those who don't want to watch, a ball with a mullet is a possible character.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Well, it's $3, has ten-man survival tag, and gently caress, I'm getting reeled in.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

OK, so on a thirty-minute playthrough, my advice is: Skip it.

-Controls are clunky as hell.

-AI (at least on Easy) just sits there for the most part.

-In case you were hoping for a 360 indy game with not D- presentation and polish, hope some more.

-CAW options, both for moves and parts, are actually extremely limited compared to any other game I can think of, ever. And I played Legends of Wrestling 2. There's an in-game model editor, but really have fun loving with that I guess. This was overall really disappointing.

There's a skeleton of a Fire Pro-like system there in terms of option depth, but it's only a skeleton, nothing is there unless it gets a bunch of content patches down the line, which I would bet dollars to doughnuts it won't. The ability to easily import PC content is really great and the game talks to your PC no-fuss no-muss when you are looking for entrance music.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I wouldn't mind the D- presentation if it ran OK and had decent controls, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
I got a redeem code, but my 360 is elsewhere. so I have the game, just can't play it right now.

However, a friend got it and likes it a lot, so I dunno. Will have to see for myself.

The redeem code he got from the developer and obviously didn't need it, so he gave it to me. He had found a bug with the customizer program on PC, and the dev was extremely helpful and immediately worked on a patch. That alone tells me it's a game worth supporting, whether the controls are clunky or not. It's only $3, and I get the feeling they'll support it for a while.

But if it's too clunky to play, then I understand not supporting it, because why should you care if you're not even able to enjoy it.

Personally, I can't comment for sure until i've tried it.

PS, just realized I could update my contact info on the game spreadsheet... Add me on PSN and Steam, I'm Rudoreels

RudoReels fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 31, 2013

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

RudoReels posted:

I got a redeem code, but my 360 is elsewhere. so I have the game, just can't play it right now.

However, a friend got it and likes it a lot, so I dunno. Will have to see for myself.

The redeem code he got from the developer and obviously didn't need it, so he gave it to me. He had found a bug with the customizer program on PC, and the dev was extremely helpful and immediately worked on a patch. That alone tells me it's a game worth supporting, whether the controls are clunky or not. It's only $3, and I get the feeling they'll support it for a while.

But if it's too clunky to play, then I understand not supporting it, because why should you care if you're not even able to enjoy it.

Personally, I can't comment for sure until i've tried it.

PS, just realized I could update my contact info on the game spreadsheet... Add me on PSN and Steam, I'm Rudoreels

At $3 it's not like a pants-making GBS threads horror to play or anything, but I've had far more fun with video games that cost less money. For some reason Xbox 360 Indy means "Clearly made by one guy in his basement," unless I'm really missing a few diamonds in the rough. This was Not Fun though.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 31, 2013

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

At $3 it's not like a pants-making GBS threads horror to play or anything, but I've had far more fun with video games that cost less money. For some reason Xbox 360 Indy means "Clearly made by one guy in his basement," unless I'm really missing a few diamonds in the rough. This was Not Fun though.

There are legitimately some fantastic games on XBLIG, but dear god do you have to dig for them. Eventually I just grew tired of having to wade through the poo poo.

RockShowLevel27
May 31, 2006
The EWR thread got me back playing the game, and I finally realized why they say to let it load on start up.

So I booked WWE for about 5 months when TNA offered me a job. I thought it'd be a fun challenge, got there and in two months raised things up well. I landed a Monday night show to try and compete, but I needed more writers.

If you don't let the game load, the one problem that happens is you can't hire staff. No trainers, no refs, no writers.

Pissed.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

RockShowLevel27 posted:

The EWR thread got me back playing the game, and I finally realized why they say to let it load on start up.

So I booked WWE for about 5 months when TNA offered me a job. I thought it'd be a fun challenge, got there and in two months raised things up well. I landed a Monday night show to try and compete, but I needed more writers.

If you don't let the game load, the one problem that happens is you can't hire staff. No trainers, no refs, no writers.

Pissed.

Yeah I had the exact same problem, except my laptop would freeze whenever it tried loading the database so I could never get past that point. I could load my save after it crashed though, but yeah I couldn't hire any staff

My desktop handled it no problem though, so I just play there.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Exclusive US Collector Phenom pack announced and it includes a special DLC Character. The American Badass Taker. Also modern Taker revealed for the game to no ones surprise.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I think this year is the worst 'hype' wise, even the 2009 game with the NEW thing being hot tags had a few things going for it.

At least we have DLC per order wrestlers and 2 counts!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

simosimo posted:

I think this year is the worst 'hype' wise, even the 2009 game with the NEW thing being hot tags had a few things going for it.

Summerslam will be the big test for me, isn't that when they do the big reveal as part of Axxess? If they don't show some great stuff this game is sunk.

It's kind of weird to go from last year's game, which had the big Attitude Era reveal, to this one that has... Warrior and 2 counts.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Exclusive US Collector Phenom pack announced and it includes a special DLC Character. The American Badass Taker. Also modern Taker revealed for the game to no ones surprise.

That "American Badass" Taker is by far the only remotely decent looking character model they shown so far, though his hair looks a bit like dreadlocks, which is still better than the concrete hair-hat-thing that Warrior's model has. Though a alternate costume/enterance isn't much for a collector's edition, but good that they're not withholding something good for people who buy the regular game.

Also: who actually wants to play as American Badass Taker? and I assume they're not gonna license one of his themes from back then and it'll be generic stuff instead. Actually, no Limp Biscuit or Kid Rock is good thing.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The one semi recent 'Taker DVD saw those songs replaced.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Could this mean that we will possibly have four Undertakers as separate playable characters? Part of me is elated at the idea of Undertaker and Undertaker challenging Undertaker and Undertaker for the tag team titles. Especially considering this doesn't exactly take other characters OUT of the game, might as well add as many different versions of every wrestler you can.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
And I bet the motorcycle dissappears when the match starts too :colbert:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I wonder if the reflections in his glasses will move around as he moves, or if they're just painted on there

Or maybe they're just photoshopped on for the screenshot.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

simosimo posted:

And I bet the motorcycle dissappears when the match starts too :colbert:

Didn't it stick around in one of the old games? That was awesome.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Yeah. You can totally ride it around.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

CapCityGoofBall posted:

Yeah. You can totally ride it around.

And re-enact that scene where Undertaker dragged Hogan around by his neck

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Makes me wish Hulk/mr. America wasn't cut from that one roster.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What game lets you ride the bike around? I want to try that!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I know you could do it in the parking lot in Here Comes the Pain.

I recently went back and played some of the pre-SDvsRAW PS2 games. Here Comes the Pain is obviously the best, but it was fun to remember all the weird story modes and quirks from prior titles. Modern WWE games are awful about the CPU not selling damage and popping up as soon as you climb a ladder, but it was somehow even worse in stuff like Shut Your Mouth. You'd do an elbow drop onto a downed opponent, hit him, and then he would pop up at lightning speed before your wrestler even finished the elbow drop animation. Then he proceeds to beat the poo poo out of you by spamming strikes. It's like every opponent is Hulk Hogan being revived by Randy Savage.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
RAW on the original Xbox was the driving reason why I got one on launch I think, I was sick of borrowing my brothers PS2

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
They'll probably use You're Gonna Pay if I had to guess

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Nut Bunnies posted:

They'll probably use You're Gonna Pay if I had to guess

What are you talking about, Fred Durst loves fighting games!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGfNLg2g4rw

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I finally took the plunge and bought FPWR for the PSN. What are some recommended save packs? I'm looking for one that has relatively up to date rosters for WWE, NJPW, ROH, etc. and maybe some classic WWF/AJPW guys.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

njsykora posted:

There are legitimately some fantastic games on XBLIG, but dear god do you have to dig for them. Eventually I just grew tired of having to wade through the poo poo.

Speaking of XBLIG, Mount Your Friends is where its at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

Speaking of XBLIG, Mount Your Friends is where its at.

Funnily enough my friend sent me this yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r7b_RLk44Y, game looks funny

• Locked thread