Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Dance Zombie Dance :twisted:

That match was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Equilibrium posted:

So Injustice grand finals at WNF have been pretty great the past couple of weeks, but this week's somehow put them both to shame, check this out if you like hype or ridiculous Grundy tech:

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/439006726?t=05h32m21s

I have to admit I'm relieved that the game has regained some excitement after those deflating Evo finals.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

God drat, Superman is bullshit. Literally everything he does is safe.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Equilibrium posted:

So Injustice grand finals at WNF have been pretty great the past couple of weeks, but this week's somehow put them both to shame, check this out if you like hype or ridiculous Grundy tech:

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/439006726?t=05h32m21s

PUT THAT CAR BACK DOWN, THAT IS MY CAR AMIGO. :flashfap:

Edit: YEEEEAH, Grundy getting up and kicking Superman's poo poo in when he was trying to run out the clock was gorgeous. All these straight laser dodges, my god.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 1, 2013

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Can't wait until everyone learns how to backdash safely so that Superman's retarded eye lasers are rendered useless.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Man, backdashing through all those eyebeams and the piano was great.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

This was extremely great, is there any way to see the other matches or are they only doing the Top 8 now?

They only streamed from Top 6, starting with loser's semis here:

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/439006726?t=05h06m43s

If you want some more high level Injustice from last night though you can check out the NLBC VOD for some great matches between Rico's BA and Chris G's GA, CD Jr's Flash, and the Bane of America:

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/438887523?t=03h01m25s

Equilibrium fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 1, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Krad posted:

Can't wait until everyone learns how to backdash safely so that Superman's retarded eye lasers are rendered useless.

99.5% of the Injustice-playing population will never be able to do this, though. That's the talent of a tournament-caliber player combined with a high-end fight-stick. Beautiful to watch, impossible to obtain.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

99.5% of the Injustice-playing population will never be able to do this, though. That's the talent of a tournament-caliber player combined with a high-end fight-stick. Beautiful to watch, impossible to obtain.

Of course, I was talking about the tourney players, they still have a lot to learn/discover about the game.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Krad posted:

Of course, I was talking about the tourney players, they still have a lot to learn/discover about the game.

Ah yes, sorry, my mistake. I thought you meant in the general population.

That really was the coolest Grundy, I enjoyed the hell out of that match. If that had been EVO finals...man! Might have brought in some new players.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Argh. I have been using my "guest" account on my ps3 to learn Martian Manhunter matchups but no one is picking him—I switch to my real account and everyone is picking him. What the hell.

Edit: Oddly enough I have a better win record on my "guest" account. Maybe I will stick with that one.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 1, 2013

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
DLC Character Hint #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Earth-3 Zatanna's magic words are written as upside down in the comic book. Just sayin'.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
If it's Zatana I hope they use her look from Batman The Brave and The Bold https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htLMrc9l9Is.

You know, the one that doesn't look like a stripper.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Earth-3 Zatanna's magic words are written as upside down in the comic book. Just sayin'.

You're probably right.
Another theory that might work (but isn't as intelligent) would be if you looked at the middle of the NBC logo from that video upside down. That kind of resembles Power Girl's uniform.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

A girl looking like a non-stripper? In a fighting game? Based on a comic book? Good one.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Might as well wish that she didn't have a man-face, either. Come on, this is NRS we're talking about.

(for the record, I too support no-stripper Zatanna)

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

jscolon2.0 posted:

The main character of Cars is Lightning McQueen. Static Shock confirmed.

Doesn't he ride an upside-down sewer lid?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Nahxela posted:

Man, backdashing through all those eyebeams and the piano was great.

Wow, between this and how good Grr's Bane is I actually might start to believe in this game again.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I'd take her stripper look over a nonsensical-looking tuxedo armor that they'll probably end up giving her.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Edit: Oddly enough I have a better win record on my "guest" account. Maybe I will stick with that one.

Add me up again if you do. :v:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

strangemusic posted:

Wow, between this and how good Grr's Bane is I actually might start to believe in this game again.

Honestly, even though he got 3rd at NLBC, there were several elements of his gameplay that were just not good. There were too many random charges, not enough use of Venomed command grab, and his corner game seemed somewhat lacking. It was hype to see him put up a fight against ChrisG, but even that seemed more like ChrisG not knowing about or disrespecting Bane's venom in a lot of cases rather than Grr doing solid things. I hope he continues to go to NLBC and continues to refine his game so that we get to see more Bane in action.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Honestly, even though he got 3rd at NLBC, there were several elements of his gameplay that were just not good. There were too many random charges, not enough use of Venomed command grab, and his corner game seemed somewhat lacking. It was hype to see him put up a fight against ChrisG, but even that seemed more like ChrisG not knowing about or disrespecting Bane's venom in a lot of cases rather than Grr doing solid things. I hope he continues to go to NLBC and continues to refine his game so that we get to see more Bane in action.

I second this, he wasn't a very good Bane. I've fought a couple of other Bane players that absolutely destroyed me with non-stop 100% safe strings, well placed charges, armored moves, the works. Grr only won because people weren't used to the match up.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Alright, so I've messed around with Martian Manhunter some more, and he does have some pretty dirty stuff. I'm sure other people have found this already, but you want to end whatever midscreen combos you can with bf2. His bf2 move causes untechable knockdown and gives MMH a ton of time to do something. Specifically, he can throw out a df1 orb then forward dash and still block any wakeup reversal in the game, even Superman's 2f super. If your opponent chooses to do nothing, the df1 orb won't actually hit, but a df1~f orb will, so use the df1 orb and dash until they respect the setup, then pressure their empty wakeup with df1~f orb into dash.

If you happen to hit with an orb, you can go into b3, j3, j3 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 and do it all over again. For this combo, though, I prefer to swap the first j3 with a j2 instead, as it's 28% compared to 30% but way easier to land. For this combo, the b3 is almost not hit-confirmable, though, so you just have to commit to the option beforehand. That's not awful, though, since a blocked b3 is +10 anyway (assuming the in game movelist is right).

If the orb hits and you weren't prepared to b3, you can hit-confirm into db1~MB, b3, j3 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 for 28% back into the setup. If you don't have meter, you can settle for something like f2u1 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 for 22% total.

I haven't written up one of my full lists of combo options with MMH yet, partially because I'm still not sure I want to play him and partly because they'd be wildly variable depending on if you want to side switch, if you have trait to use, and if you want to use meter, but if I do make one I'll post it like I do with my other lists.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Chris Matrix is tearing up Bum's Batman with Bane right now. Really impressive venom usage.

http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Now that is a good Bane.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Alright, so I ended up making a big list of Martian Manhunter midscreen combos after all. Even after doing it, I'm still not sure I like him. On the plus side, ending combos in hard knockdowns with either bf2 followed by df1 or df1~f orb or b13 followed by df1~u orb is pretty cool. On the other hand, he suffers a bit from the same thing people were complaining about when Lobo dropped where MMH's b3 is really tough to connect after db1~MB for whatever reason. Oh well, here's what I came up with, although it's not super complete, just important combos to know I guess:

Martian Manhunter Midscreen Combo Stuff:
Note: I'm trying to end as many combos as possible in bf2 for df1 orb oki. Can also end a lot of combos in b13 for full screen hard knockdown and similar damage (oki with df1~u).

*** 11 starter (8f high, second hit is low in trait):

- Meterless, Traitless:
Nothing of note

- Meter, Traitless:
11 XX db1~MB, b3, j2, j3 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 (36%, 1 meter, switch sides)

*** 11u3 starter (8f high, second hit is low in trait):

- Meterless, Traitless:
11u3 XX db3, f2u1~1+3 (21%)
11u3 XX db3, f2d3 XX db1 (21%)
Note: have to do db1 in the opposite direction because MMH crosses under

- Meter, Traitless:
11u3 XX db3, f2d3 XX db1~MB, b3, 22 XX bf3 (29%)

*** f123 starter (5f mid but acts more like a high):

- Meterless, Traitless:
f123, dash f12 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 (28%)

- Meter, Traitless:
f123, dash b1 XX db1~MB, b3, j3 XX db3, 22 XX bf3 (43%, 1 meter, switch sides)

- Meter, Trait:
f123~4, dash f123, 22 XX bf2~MB, b3, db3, d2 XX bf2 (43%, 1 meter, switch sides)
f123~4, dash f123, 22 XX bf2~MB, b3, db3, b13 (45%, 1 meter, switch sides)
f123~4, dash f123, 22 XX bf2~MB, b3, j1 XX db3, 2 XX bf3 (46%, 1 meter, switch sides)

*** b1 starter (11f low, -6 on block):

- Meter, Traitless:
b1 XX db1~MB, b3, j2, j3 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 (38%, 1 meter, switch sides)

*** 22 starter (12f mid, safe)

- Meterless, Traitless:
22 XX db3, b13 (19%, same side)
22 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 (20%, switch sides)

- Meter, Traitless:
22 XX db1~MB, b3, j2, j3 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 (38%, 1 meter, switch sides)

*** 22b3 starter (12f mid, safe)

- Meterless, Traitless:
22b3, j3 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 (30%)

- Meter, Traitless:
22b3, j3 XX db3, 22 XX bf2~MB, b3, b13 (35%, 1 meter)

- Meter, Trait:
22b3~4, f123, 22 XX bf2~MB, b3, db3, d2 XX bf2 (40%, 1 meter)
22b3~4, f123, 22 XX bf2~MB, b3, j1 XX db3, 2 XX bf3 (41%, 1 meter)
22b3~4, f2d3 XX db1~MB, b3, j3 XX db3, 22 XX bf3 (45%, 1 meter)

*** b2~333 starter (18f overhead, -19 on block)
Note: You have to press all three 3's before the b2 hits, but you can then cancel the first or the second followup punch into a special

- Meterless, Traitless:
b2~333(2nd) XX db3, 22 XX bf2 (21%)

- Meter, Traitless:
b2~333(1st) XX db1~MB, b3, j3 XX db3, b13 (35%, 1 meter)
b2~333(2nd) XX bf2~MB,b3, j3 XX db3, b13 (30%, 1 meter)

*** f2 starter (11f mid, -3 on block, second hit unsafe)

- Meterless, Traitless:
f2u1 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 (22%)

- Meter, Traitless:
f2, db1~MB, b3, j3 XX db3, b13 (34%, 1 meter)
~ Note: must be super close for db1~MB to grab

- Meter, Trait:
[Trait active] f2d3 XX db1~MB, b3, j3 XX db3, b13 (42%, 1 meter)
~ Note: must be near max range of trait enhanced f2 to work, also do the cancel as late as possible. This one in general just seems incredibly finicky and stance might affect it, too.

*** b3 starter:
b3, j3, j3 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 (36%, meterless)

*** f3 starter:
f3, j3 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 (29%, meterless)

*** df1 starter (or db2~MB starter):
- Near: (df1 hits) b3, j2, j3 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 (28%, meterless)

- Far: (df1~u hits) db3, 22 XX bf2 (17%, meterless)
(df1~u hits) db3, f2d3 XX db1~MB, b3, b13 (25%, 1 meter)

*** db3 starter:
db3, f2d3 XX db1~MB, b3, 22 XX bf2 (27%, 1 meter)

*** db3~d starter:

- Meterless, Traitless:
db3~d, f2u1 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 (25%)

- Meter, Traitless:
db3~d, f2d3 XX db1~MB, b3, db3, 22 XX bf2 (35%, 1 meter)

- Meter, Trait:
db3~d, 4, f123, 22 XX bf2~MB, b3, db3, b13 (38%, 1 meter)
db3~d, 4, f2d3 XX db1~MB, b3, db3, 22 XX bf2 (38%, 1 meter)

Edit: Forgot j3 starter:
j3, 11 XX db3, 22 XX bf2 (27%, meterless)
j3, db1~MB, b3, j3 XX db3, b13 (40%, 1 meter)

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Aug 3, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

kaujot posted:

Chris Matrix is tearing up Bum's Batman with Bane right now. Really impressive venom usage.

http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3

I notice he barely uses the double punch or venom uppercut, are they inadvisable for the matchup, or do they just plain suck at high level play?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Kombatnetwork's got some games going right now, it's always fun to see a Green Arrow kick Superman's rear end.

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

If it's Zatana I hope they use her look from Batman The Brave and The Bold https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htLMrc9l9Is.

They only use tights like that because fishnets are a bitch to draw for animation. It's usually no real attempt to class it up.

Though on a show for kids it probably was.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

New DLC character clue:

The Theme From The FunHouse pinball game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HMAob229tk

I got no idea.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

New DLC character clue:

I got no idea.

Toyman... confirmed?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

New DLC character clue:

I got no idea.

A goofy, whimiscal game making use of a metal ball

METAL MEN CONFIRMED

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

New DLC character clue:

I got no idea.

Is it possible the theme was used elsewhere? During an episode or something?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

New DLC character clue:

I got no idea.

The Ventriloquist from Batman?

Or maybe it's a reference to Zatana's tuxedo?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
The Ventriliquist playing like the puppeteer boy from BlazBlue would be cool.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
There looked to be a grand amount of electricity in that pinball game. Come on Static Shock!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
In all reality, it's probably Fun House > Joker > Jason Todd aka Red Hood.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

At this point i'm more interested in how Ed Boon explains these are tied into the character than who the actual character is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Well get your guesses in because they're going to show the new character in a gameplay trailer this week.

• Locked thread