Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Call me crazy, but I don't remember seeing any glitches. Just a boring game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

God drat it, I was gonna pretend to be daddyhughes111 but his signature has revealed my ruse before it had even begun.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Based on the comments, I think we've finally had a game creator find Lowtax's LP.

http://www.youtube.com/user/daddyhughes111

The quality of his header banner alone confirms it.

e: hahahahaha

Looks like the games music is from his EP Unicorn Cartwheel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWrw3yevK18

And he also has 3 other games by him linked on his site

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I love the adfly link in that video description.

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

God drat it, I was gonna pretend to be daddyhughes111 but his signature has revealed my ruse before it had even begun.

It's a shame he was prepared for this possibility.

After all, who wouldn't want to take credit for this wonderful game: Death, Stay Here!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I could listen to Lowtax and Shmorky talk all day. They sound a lot like Sifl & Olly.

Here are some games that look promising based on their screenshots and have been played less than 10 times:

Happy vs. His Evil Twin 2 Return of the Robots Version one

A Cat encounter as a mouse

Lunas Legendary Adventure

4UN viaje a PLANETA marte parte2 <-- This game looks amazing

Green and Purple 5

Pictures from clyton park barbacue

Topo Extreme - Europe Countries

Criminal Mastermind

Adventures in A

Jubs fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 1, 2013

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Please tell me this is a geographic game that features Topographic maps of Europe. I would un-ironically play that...

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

PrinceRandom posted:

Please tell me this is a geographic game that features Topographic maps of Europe. I would un-ironically play that...

It's actually just a boring 'Locate this country on a map' deal

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

Jubs posted:

4UN viaje a PLANETA marte parte2 <-- This game looks amazing

According to the author's profile page, that's just one of several zip files from a three game series, since the second and third entries were each uploaded as six and eleven multi-part zip files to get around the site's upload limit. Successfully extracting these results in the second and third games' executables being 111MB and 187MB, respectively.

A Voyage to Mars Part 1 is this one.
A Voyage to PLANET Mars Part 2's 001 file.
A Voyage to Mars Part 3's 001 file.

The third game's description has a 'helpful' minimum system requirements list:

domingo, translated posted:

THE REQUIREMENTS USE A CPU AMD 64X2 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 4000+2.11GHz 3GB RAM AND A GRAPHICS CARD OF 512MB OF VIDEO

E: Laymen's terms, you need to use something like 7Zip or WinRAR after you've downloaded all 6/11 files and have them in the same folder to actually get a working file out of them.

ElTipejoLoco fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 2, 2013

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Glasgow Kiss posted:

It kinda reminds of LSD: Dream Emulator, a really obscure and bad PS1 game.

http://youtu.be/70gtHWz70Z0?t=1m55s

Bad game? To each their own I guess. I personally really enjoyed LSD. It had some rare kinda creepy moments and proper exploration.
It aged badly, though.

neon flame
Feb 21, 2013

Apparently Dan is a sex symbol in France.

Did anyone ever figure out what's going on with the thumbnails? I've never used a custom thumbnail, but this made me decide to check:

My account is fairly new, but I'm guessing that's irrelevant, since Lowtax's is from 2006. Is it just that anyone who hadn't used custom thumbnails before can't use them at all now?

I have watched all the new videos, by the way. I just can't think of anything that hasn't been said before (90 degree angles, stolen models, etc)

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Some of the celebrity Let's-Players seem to be following Lowtax's lead. Cr1TiKaL just posted a video for Miami Traffic 3.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

Brother Jonathan posted:

Some of the celebrity Let's-Players seem to be following Lowtax's lead. Cr1TiKaL just posted a video for Miami Traffic 3.

To be fair, cr1tikal's channel is a goldmine of games of the same "quality" that Lowtax is coming out with. Granted I've never seen the majority of the games Lowtax has been playing.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Brother Jonathan posted:

Where's Joel Hodgson?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Lost Generation posted:

Did anyone ever figure out what's going on with the thumbnails? I've never used a custom thumbnail, but this made me decide to check:

My account is fairly new, but I'm guessing that's irrelevant, since Lowtax's is from 2006. Is it just that anyone who hadn't used custom thumbnails before can't use them at all now?

I have watched all the new videos, by the way. I just can't think of anything that hasn't been said before (90 degree angles, stolen models, etc)

I think you need to monetize to get access to custom thumbnails. If you've been seeing more of them in the suggested links section, it's because Youtube has adjusted its search algorithms to favor the ones that make them the most money.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Okay, thumbnails have mysteriously returned for absolute no reason whatsoever! ONE CRISIS: OVER.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Eruonen posted:

Bad game? To each their own I guess. I personally really enjoyed LSD. It had some rare kinda creepy moments and proper exploration.
It aged badly, though.

I think as a game it wasn't too spectacular but the idea behind it was really cool. Overall, my choice of words was bad.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Lowtax posted:

Okay, thumbnails have mysteriously returned for absolute no reason whatsoever! ONE CRISIS: OVER.

It's a Christmas miracle.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

ElTipejoLoco posted:

According to the author's profile page, that's just one of several zip files from a three game series, since the second and third entries were each uploaded as six and eleven multi-part zip files to get around the site's upload limit. Successfully extracting these results in the second and third games' executables being 111MB and 187MB, respectively.

A Voyage to Mars Part 1 is this one.
A Voyage to PLANET Mars Part 2's 001 file.
A Voyage to Mars Part 3's 001 file.

The third game's description has a 'helpful' minimum system requirements list:

I don't understand any of this. In laymen terms, is he requiring an insane amount of stuff to play his crappy game?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Jubs posted:

I don't understand any of this. In laymen terms, is he requiring an insane amount of stuff to play his crappy game?

IIRC, that means you have to extract the seven and eleven part files into one cohesive file. I think you also have to fuse the files together also? I've had to do it with files that are like 5 or 10 gb's. Not a 100 MB

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Lowtax posted:

Youtube: We like to gently caress with our users and our UI!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's OK. Google has decided to take Youtube out of Beta and shut it down. It just wasn't the success they were hoping it would be. Sorry guys. I guess you can all go to Dailymotion.

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

Hey Lowtax, you should play this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_i=507846

All I remember from a review was in the first move, Mexico gave the US a 1 billion dollar stimulus package and Belgium kept using its nuke's on random African countries. Should be a great review.
edit: make link clickable

HolyDukeNukem fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 2, 2013

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Some more suggestions based on screenshots:

kommisarie karlsson 2- I don't even...

Nemesis Online- I can see only good things coming from a Let's Play about this MMO

Magic School bus island- "Dude, you again? Stop making games, dude! Why is everything oon an Island?! All of your game is "So and So Island". Magic School bus? Really. WHat are you, five?"

Super Hyper Toilet Hero v23B43- "WARNING: If you have, or have had Epilepsy, please quit the game now using the red "X""

Spooderman The Video Game V2 Beta- Spooderman seems to be suffering from elephantitis. :(

Darwin Simulator

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

It's OK. Google has decided to take Youtube out of Beta and shut it down. It just wasn't the success they were hoping it would be. Sorry guys. I guess you can all go to Dailymotion.

Oh god. :suicide:

edit: Good lord. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZODtmaHIQng

Kelsing fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 2, 2013

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

HolyDukeNukem posted:

Hey Lowtax, you should play this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_i=507846

All I remember from a review was in the first move, Mexico gave the US a 1 billion dollar stimulus package and Belgium kept using its nuke's on random African countries. Should be a great review.
edit: make link clickable

He'd probably be better off playing the sequel, which somehow manages to be even more goddamn deranged.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Hey, do any of you guys like "Super Mario 64"? Well, you won't by the end of tonight.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Sorry Lowtax, Slowbeef killed my love for that game long ago.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Lowtax posted:

Hey, do any of you guys like "Super Mario 64"? Well, you won't by the end of tonight.

Searched Mario 64 on yoyo games and found Sonic 64

I think this is just the game for you

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

NoUU posted:

Searched Mario 64 on yoyo games and found Sonic 64

I think this is just the game for you
Maybe he meant "burrowing." In either case, that doesn't sound good.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
If Electrical Beast isn't involved, I'm not interested :colbert:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Finally, Vilepilot's endgame has been revealed

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Brother Jonathan posted:

Uh.

Travv0
Jan 26, 2013

Couldn't have said it better myself.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

I like how you're attempting to make sense out of any of it.

It's the only way I'll avoid snapping. I have to try. :unsmigghh:

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Hahhahahaha, what the gently caress is that?

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Brother Jonathan posted:

Jesus, that was painfully boring and unfunny, much like myself.

bof_man
Mar 23, 2006
Value Pack

Kanthulhu posted:

Hahhahahaha, what the gently caress is that?

What the gently caress, who let Raiden out of Metal Gear Revengeance ?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

AE-35 Unit posted:

Jesus, that was painfully boring and unfunny, much like myself.

I found out to my chagrin, you're not allowed to make fun of cr1t1kal - he has a rabid fanbase and apparently donates all his ad revenue to charity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

slowbeef posted:

I found out to my chagrin, you're not allowed to make fun of cr1t1kal - he has a rabid fanbase and apparently donates all his ad revenue to charity.
I can't hate the guy if that's true, but I doubt it is.
Of course, there's that chance it is true, and then I'm the rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread