Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Podothehobbit posted:

It's limited to 20,000 units worldwide. It appears to be sold out online but reports are coming in that Lego stores have received between 1 and 6 units per store.

Hard to believe they would sell 20K of a $200 set so fast. It does look awesome though, way better than the set it is based on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

smackfu posted:

Hard to believe they would sell 20K of a $200 set so fast. It does look awesome though, way better than the set it is based on.

I threw in an order this morning, because even though it says "out of stock" they are accepting back orders, so I'm assuming there will be another batch added soon.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
My wife has some plan involving stopping Tom Riddle from becoming Voldemort brewing on her desk at work

Only registered members can see post attachments!

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Well, now that it's out of stock I can use my 10$ credit, dropping it to 34.50$ Which I guess is better than hoping the store gets more in and just waiting the 30 days for them to ship :shrug:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Oh wow the delorean is 65€ on the finnish lego shop. More than twice what the rest of you are getting it for :(

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

ireladd posted:

I threw in an order this morning, because even though it says "out of stock" they are accepting back orders, so I'm assuming there will be another batch added soon.

Ah yes, ship date of August 16th. And I think it's a hard limit of 20k, so maybe they just don't have them yet to ship out.

Very tempting. Must resist.

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine
Grimey Drawer

smackfu posted:

Ah yes, ship date of August 16th. And I think it's a hard limit of 20k, so maybe they just don't have them yet to ship out.

Very tempting. Must resist.

DO IT! The reviews have been pretty promising and who doesn't like an RC Lego car! At least Lego doesn't charge you if they can't deliver.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Alamein's Highlanders - Model S1 (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Alamein's Highlanders - Model R1 (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Are those tan bramble pieces supposed to be plumes of smoke? Because that's awesome if they are.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Neurion posted:

Are those tan bramble pieces supposed to be plumes of smoke? Because that's awesome if they are.

I was hoping they were huge gently caress-off antlers, either way those are cool as poo poo.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I don't really know what they are, but they looked cool. Some sort of decoration/banner/thing I guess?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Any comments or reviews on the new 21050 Architecture Studio? The Back to the Future set sorta over-shadowed this set, but it seems pretty cool.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

obi_ant posted:

Any comments or reviews on the new 21050 Architecture Studio? The Back to the Future set sorta over-shadowed this set, but it seems pretty cool.

Literally just came here to make this exact post.

lorddazron
Mar 31, 2011
Hi everyone.

Is Attack on Weathertop a good deal for £29.99 (GBP)?

I can get it later today for that price, and already have it reserved...

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
I love that set because it reminded me of Firelink Shrine from Dark Souls. So I made a few modifications to it to better resemble that location.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

AllisonByProxy posted:

I love that set because it reminded me of Firelink Shrine from Dark Souls. So I made a few modifications to it to better resemble that location.

Wow, I never thought of this despite the countless hours I've spent watching my friends play Drunken Dark Souls (a shot for every death, fun/sad game). Guess it's time to buy another Weathertop set and make a birthday gift or two.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Someone made a small transforming sound wave and posted the instructions on mocpages. Only 150 pieces I am going to hit up bricklink and build one for myself and a few for friends.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/293042

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I mean that's cool and all and

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser posted:

Holy poo poo.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Oh right, here's the link to the actual page:
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/311197

And if you're going to build Soundwave, why not build the one that comes with Lazerbeak?
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/242682
Half the images are broken, thats why.

But here's Soundblaster which is the same model:
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/235981

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Sockser posted:

I keep looking at that and wondering if it's LEGO or the real Omega Supreme.

I mean, I know it's LEGO, but when I just glance at it, my mind thinks it's the original Transformer. Holy poo poo, that's good.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I completely thought that was the transformer at first look. A friend of mine had that when we were kids and that's really drat good.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

Merchant of Death posted:

Someone made a small transforming sound wave and posted the instructions on mocpages. Only 150 pieces I am going to hit up bricklink and build one for myself and a few for friends.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/293042

Don't mean poo poo if you don't have Ravage & Laserbeak.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Sockser posted:

Oh right, here's the link to the actual page:
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/311197

And if you're going to build Soundwave, why not build the one that comes with Lazerbeak?
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/242682
Half the images are broken, thats why.

But here's Soundblaster which is the same model:
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/235981

So is mocpages down or something? None of that works.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I was trying to show someone the Daily Planet MOC earlier and it was down.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Sockser posted:

I can count maybe 3 exposed studs, that's impressive.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sockser posted:

whoa

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I loves me some minimalist Lego creations:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nurkdursimone/

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Those are amazing.

Love the Turtles and the Batmobile in particular.

I recognize all of it except the yellow car. What's that from?

Norns fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 3, 2013

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Norns posted:

Those are amazing.

Love the Turtles and the Batmobile in particular.

I recognize all of it except the yellow car. What's that from?

Maybe the original Bumblebee?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

See I recognized it all except the RV in the first picture.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Travis343 posted:

See I recognized it all except the RV in the first picture.

I figured it's the Spaceballs Winnebago, but there's no wings and the front bit is the wrong shape. Maybe Breaking Bad? It'd be the only modern series, though.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ville Valo posted:

I figured it's the Spaceballs Winnebago, but there's no wings and the front bit is the wrong shape. Maybe Breaking Bad? It'd be the only modern series, though.

The Winnebago was my first thought too. But I don't think it's quite as iconic as the others, so it seems a weird choice.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
If you click through to the gallery the images have captions if you mouse over them. The RV is from the Walking Dead apparently.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Digital War posted:

The RV is from the Walking Dead apparently.

Ugh. :rolleyes:

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR
Just bought craggers command ship. So far seems pretty awesome, would have LOVED this set as a kid. I'd really like some of the old plastic raised baseplates, the always had cool bases to go with them. Lego has some pretty awesome sets out, kids today are spoiled.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

evil_cheese posted:

Just bought craggers command ship. So far seems pretty awesome, would have LOVED this set as a kid. I'd really like some of the old plastic raised baseplates, the always had cool bases to go with them. Lego has some pretty awesome sets out, kids today are spoiled.

They sure are. I'm really digging a lot of the latest sets, like the Crocodile Hideout, Republic Gunship, and even the Friends Dolphin Cruiser. Every time I look at the box of Heartlike High, I wind up thinking of layer cake and get hungry.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I'm really digging the Chima minifigs but I can't really justify buying a £10+ set just to get one to play with. It'd be awesome if they did blindbags of them, though the blister packed set of 4 is also mighty tempting.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J1hvuCVTks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I was a bit surprised to see the Delorean on sale in Bluewater's Lego store today (one of the biggest malls in south east England), although there was no way I was gonna justify spending £35 on it to the girlfriend. That's about as much as I bought the Orc Forge and Uruk-Hai army sets for combined!