Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Popular Thug Drink posted:

One hundred years ago you would have said the same thing about blacks, I hope you realize this.

No, one hundred years ago it would more likely be women and Irishmen. He'd be a Northeast republican so blacks probably wouldn't be his main bugaboo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Funny, I thought being born into poverty kind of guaranteed that you would remain in poverty no matter what race you were. Blacks absolutely have it worse in every way imaginable, but poor whites often cannot simply magic themselves out of poverty.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
As an elitist east coast white who grew up in a rural area, double gently caress you.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I think the use of cracker there by Rangel is pretty appropriate considering he's talking about the police. The police are pretty much modern day (whip) crackers.

SilentD
Aug 22, 2012

by toby

I happen to know more than a few who would disagree with you, so I'm guessing you're papering over your tendency to socialize with sociopaths with some sort of class attribution thing.

Bullshit. Anyone who is a rampant classist is one fenderbender away from becoming a flaming racist. Your bigotry doesn't stop at the color line, and the fact that you think you can argue your way out of it indicates how little you respect people who are 'beneath you' (or it's just a really weird troll)

I do one weekend a month distributing food to the eldery who are being gentrified out of where they grew up here in DC so they can help keep their homes. My "bigotry" does stop at the color line. I'm against lower class rural hicks, that's it. I have no gripes with the lower classes who aren't hicks and weren't born with all the advantages of whiteness, don't pound the bible (I really hate Christians), or are urban poor.

I'm just trashing the people Bill Maher spends his time mocking, and I agree with him. I'm hardly the only person who considers them to be nitwits and dipshits who's most redeeming factor is they might die young.

poor nose
Oct 29, 2005

SilentD posted:

I've never met a single upper class liberal white that didn't hate crackers, hicks, and the other refuse, or get a kick out of watching them suffer. Most of us just keep that poo poo quiet in public because it doesn't sound good and we don't want to poke bears with sticks. But yeah, we look down on and hate them. And I said poor whites, I don't dislike poor people of other races. Whites were born white and with every advantage so it's their fault, other groups didn't have those advantages so it's not their fault. I have sympathy for poor inner city minorities and donate to charities and do food kitchen work off and on here in DC. But rural whites, yeah gently caress them and I hate that red states see a cent of money that might help those hicks.

Hey dummy you have racism figured out but backwards. And the reason you're afraid to say something in public is because most people don't feel that way and you WILL be attacked on your idiotic views.

Also how in the gently caress can you justify your views based on what you and your friends think and assuming everyone else must believe it too? It's like a group of COD fans who only talk to each other about COD so it must be the best game on the planet.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Could a kindly African-American soul please call me a cracker so I can be oppressed like other white people?

No, but seriously, I live in a pretty evenly split area racially speaking. I've never been called anything remotely racist for being white, but I've been straight-up callers a "friend of the family-lover" by a stranger for not agreeing with some racist poo poo

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SilentD posted:

I do one weekend a month distributing food to the eldery who are being gentrified out of where they grew up here in DC so they can help keep their homes. My "bigotry" does stop at the color line. I'm against lower class rural hicks, that's it. I have no gripes with the lower classes who aren't hicks and weren't born with all the advantages of whiteness, don't pound the bible (I really hate Christians), or are urban poor.

I'm just trashing the people Bill Maher spends his time mocking, and I agree with him. I'm hardly the only person who considers them to be nitwits and dipshits who's most redeeming factor is they might die young.

-I do charity once a month, so my awful opinions are valid and I am in no way a bigot!
-"I'm against hicks" is the exact same sentiment as "I love blacks, I hate niggers"
-"Urban poor" do you realize that this includes white people, including hicks? So your bigotry falls by zip code now?
-"I agree with Bill Maher" is a terrible thing to say when refuting allegations that you are an rear end in a top hat.
-"Other people share my horrible bigotry" is not a defense against bigotry, bro.

The fact that you pretend that your bigotry is restrained to stereotypical geographic classism is the weirdest thing to me. I don't believe you for a second and I am actually somewhat incredulous that you insist you only hate one specifically delineated socioeconomic group, scout's honor. This has to be some kind of an awful troll because you are just too stupid to exist.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

How many times are people going to bite on SilentD's trolling in this forum? He's not new here guys.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

I too look upon my fellow humans as beneath even my pet dogge.

Say what you want about racism, but all humans are less important than my dogge :colbert:

SilentD posted:

I've never met a single upper class liberal white that didn't hate crackers, hicks, and the other refuse, or get a kick out of watching them suffer. Most of us just keep that poo poo quiet in public because it doesn't sound good and we don't want to poke bears with sticks. But yeah, we look down on and hate them. And I said poor whites, I don't dislike poor people of other races. Whites were born white and with every advantage so it's their fault, other groups didn't have those advantages so it's not their fault. I have sympathy for poor inner city minorities and donate to charities and do food kitchen work off and on here in DC. But rural whites, yeah gently caress them and I hate that red states see a cent of money that might help those hicks.

I've met plenty. Your anecdote no longer counters! Booyah :smug:

I hope one day that people can become decent human beings and not wish suffering on anybody at all. Nobody, nowhere.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

How many times are people going to bite on SilentD's trolling in this forum? He's not new here guys.

Rush Limbaugh has an account, and he's the first goon.

SilentD
Aug 22, 2012

by toby

-I do charity once a month, so my awful opinions are valid and I am in no way a bigot!
-"I'm against hicks" is the exact same sentiment as "I love blacks, I hate niggers"
-"Urban poor" do you realize that this includes white people, including hicks? So your bigotry falls by zip code now?
-"I agree with Bill Maher" is a terrible thing to say when refuting allegations that you are an rear end in a top hat.
-"Other people share my horrible bigotry" is not a defense against bigotry, bro.

The fact that you pretend that your bigotry is restrained to stereotypical geographic classism is the weirdest thing to me. I don't believe you for a second and I am actually somewhat incredulous that you insist you only hate one specifically delineated socioeconomic group, scout's honor. This has to be some kind of an awful troll because you are just too stupid to exist.

I've never denied that I'm an rear end in a top hat, I've stated that I agree with Maher before, 100% I agree with him. It's not just class, it's their religion, it's Limbaugh, it's Palin, it's their culture, it's that they exist and I share some genetic material with them. I think NASCAR is loving stupid and the people who enjoy it are stupid, I hate the WWE as well. I hate Texas as well.

So going back to what started this, yes I would be upset if someone called me a cracker.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SilentD posted:

I've never denied that I'm an rear end in a top hat, I've stated that I agree with Maher before, 100% I agree with him. It's not just class, it's their religion, it's Limbaugh, it's Palin, it's their culture, it's that they exist and I share some genetic material with them. I think NASCAR is loving stupid and the people who enjoy it are stupid, I hate the WWE as well. I hate Texas as well.

So going back to what started this, yes I would be upset if someone called me a cracker.

Jesus christ you're a cartoon rich white person.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SilentD posted:

I still don't see how you can believe vehemently in one kind of stereotype while not sticking to others. It's bizarre. You're like some inverse Uncle Ruckus or something. J Hollingsworth Hound, maybe.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Real rich people don't have to be this angry about their superiority complexes. This is nouveau riche at best.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

SilentD posted:

I'd be insulted. I'm not poor, I'm not a redneck, I'm not from fly over country, and I'm not Christian. I loving hate those people, I enjoy when I see them get hit by tornados and lose their house, I loving laugh at the TV and get a big rubbery one. gently caress rural white people, the only they're good for is extracting money and forcing to work in coal mines and oil rigs, when they die on the job that's a bonus so they won't be sucking up money through a pension. They're lower than most animals in my view.

Caucasian please!

Seriously, that's a pretty hateful attitude to have.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SilentD posted:

So basically you're angry that you can't vocally hate minorities, so you chose a subsection of white people to feel better than so you can get your superiority complex rocks off on it?

If you're talking about which group of humans you feel you are better than based on their geographic location, religion, economic class or tastes in entertainment, maybe you should just shut up and take a long hard think about whether it's better to try to understand people than it is to blindly hate them out of ignorance and impotent rage. But you won't, so whatever, keep stroking your 'one of the good [white] ones' cock about how not a hick you are. We are all super impressed, as are all the people you probably spew this bullshit to in real life.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

SilentD posted:

Did it ever occur to you that as pathetic as that culture is, defining yourself by your opposition to it makes you more pathetic still?

SilentD
Aug 22, 2012

by toby

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Thanks for the compliment, still not a sister loving hick from flyover!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SilentD posted:

Neither are 99.99999999999999% of the people you're marginalizing with your hate speech. You should just stop man, if this isn't over 'the line' I don't know what is. You are such a hateful little pile of spite and pent-up white rage.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SedanChair posted:

Did it ever occur to you that as pathetic as that culture is, defining yourself by your opposition to it makes you more pathetic still?

Also note 'that culture' doesn't really exist. It's a vague collection of stereotypes which doesn't actually resemble rural america any more than CSI and Jersey Shore resembles urban America.

SilentD posted:

No, you're just a massively ignorant cryptoracist. You're dumping all of your pent up anger on the one group you are socially permitted to hate, because you're too cowardly to transgress.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 2, 2013

SilentD
Aug 22, 2012

by toby

Warchicken posted:

So basically you're angry that you can't vocally hate minorities, so you chose a subsection of white people to feel better than so you can get your superiority complex rocks off on it?

If you're talking about which group of humans you feel you are better than based on their geographic location, religion, economic class or tastes in entertainment, maybe you should just shut up and take a long hard think about whether it's better to try to understand people than it is to blindly hate them out of ignorance and impotent rage. But you won't, so whatever, keep stroking your 'one of the good [white] ones' cock about how not a hick you are. We are all super impressed, as are all the people you probably spew this bullshit to in real life.

Do you feel you are better than the social conservatives that want to elect Palin and Rick Santorum? If so you're doing the same thing I am, the difference is I'm at least honest about my self superiority when talking about them.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Are there podcasts where people just speak bullshit conservasay all day long, and have multiple hours of it like twit does with technology crap?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SilentD posted:

Hey realtalk you're a really weird dude who has this insane obsession of showing how 'better' you are but if anything that screams that you're not, in fact, any different and just have a massive ego issue. Like, I know it's a cliche at this stage but the people who are better than others usually don't have to say it.

InvincibleMadHouse
Jan 19, 2009

by Ralp

SilentD posted:

Oh look a poverty stereotype, I see, you hate ALL poor people REGARDLESS of whether they live in a trailer park and gently caress their sisters and happen to share a lot of opinions with you, or whether they live in a ghetto and drink 40s and smoke drugs all day. I bet you are uneasy around those darker (thus lazier and poorer) mexicans too.

SilentD
Aug 22, 2012

by toby

Warchicken posted:

Neither are 99.99999999999999% of the people you're marginalizing with your hate speech. You should just stop man, if this isn't over 'the line' I don't know what is. You are such a hateful little pile of spite and pent-up white rage.

You know exactly whom I'm talking about, these people

Are you honestly going to say you don't look down on them as well?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SilentD posted:

Do you feel you are better than the social conservatives that want to elect Palin and Rick Santorum? If so you're doing the same thing I am, the difference is I'm at least honest about my self superiority when talking about them.

Exactly how would it benefit me to sit around jerking off about being better than anyone? I have dear friends who vote republican, and while I very, very strongly disagree with them, we are still friends. Sometimes we talk politics and we've found a way to do so by being patient and occasionally biting our tongues, and both of us have softened our views about it. But I suppose you'd have me scream hate at them and refuse to talk to them.

I'm not better than them, life has simply led me in the direction that it did. The unconscious forces that are outside of my control that guide my life are to blame for my political views, not some herculean struggle on my part. I got lucky, they didn't. Their lives are complicated and varied and marginalizing their views by simply saying I'm better or smarter than them is stupid and counterproductive.

I don't know what you think you accomplish by proudly going about telling people who you think is inferior to you. Nobody gives a poo poo who you think you're better than. More educated = more understanding.

SilentD posted:

Nope, and I don't look down on you either. You're just a frustrated young white male being ground down by the same system as everyone else and you have an emotional need to blame a group of people for it. It's a very human thing to need to feel better than other people. I notice the impulse in myself all the time, and when I do, I try to suppress it. It's hard sometimes, but I do my best.

e: yes I am saying that in all of the respects you claim to hate, you are no better than the lady in that picture. At all. Just saying.

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 2, 2013

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SilentD posted:

The difference is those people actually exist. They aren't a collection of socially permissive labels that you're allowed to hate. They have real policy positions and can occupy a point in space and time to advocate those positions. You are quite literally angry at people who don't exist. That is how a crazy person thinks.

EDIT: It's also weird how you're assuming other people hate as much as you do and that appealing to that hate is a good way to marginalize their criticisms. It's like some kind of psychopathic strawman. If you're not trolling, please seek therapy.

SilentD
Aug 22, 2012

by toby

The difference is those people actually exist. They aren't a collection of socially permissive labels that you're allowed to hate. They have real policy positions and can occupy a point in space and time to advocate those positions. You are quite literally angry at people who don't exist. That is how a crazy person thinks.

Look at your avatar and then tell me they don't exist smart rear end, they do, and it's OK to look down on them.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SilentD posted:

Look at your avatar and then tell me they don't exist smart rear end, they do, and it's OK to look down on them.

Paula Deen is one person, she is not the manifest godhead of Redneckia. You are angry at ghosts. That is a mental illness. Sorry for your mental illness.

edit: You absolutely would be angry at black people if you had the courage to let your bigotry flow free.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SilentD posted:

They exist, but they have been victimized by our society and media just like everyone else. I don't care if it is 'OK' to look down on anyone else(it's not), I'm just not going to. Not interested! Get a new hobby.

Learn some empathy you sociopath, sheesh.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
You can't post a picture from the RNC and tell anybody that's the average Republican voter. You're instead taking an ugly person who's very likely rich and using their ugliness to justify furthering the divide between the marginalized under red masters and the marginalized under blue masters.

SilentD
Aug 22, 2012

by toby

Warchicken posted:

They exist, but they have been victimized by our society and media just like everyone else. I don't care if it is 'OK' to look down on anyone else(it's not), I'm just not going to. Not interested! Get a new hobby.

So you're saying it's not OK to look down at Palin and Bachmann?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SilentD posted:

Surprise! Not everyone turns barely restrained misanthropy into a hobby!

edit: Yeah it's obvious SilentD would be an old school racist if he had the courage.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 2, 2013

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
To add to it, your supposed "defense" of racial minorities appears to be little more than a method to assert your own sense of class superiority.

You look at minorities as little more than objects in this game of social one upsmanship. You have no actual empathy or concern for them beyond what your minimal efforts to assist them offers your own sense of ego. If your "one weekend a month" were no longer a shithead merit badge you could wear to justify your loathing of your fellow man, you would give up on it immediately.

SilentD
Aug 22, 2012

by toby

Cheekio posted:

You can't post a picture from the RNC and tell anybody that's the average Republican voter. You're instead taking an ugly person who's very likely rich and using their ugliness to justify furthering the divide between the marginalized under red masters and the marginalized under blue masters.

I was mocking the purple heart bandaid, that's why it's OK to hate her, plus the Dubya sticker. You're the one who focused on her being ugly instead of those things. That speaks volumes about you.

SilentD fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 2, 2013

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SilentD posted:

Yes. I choose to try to understand them and the whole situation around them. I have hosed up a lot in my life, enough that if you just laid out the list of ways I've hosed up, it'd give you sufficient reason to write me off as worthless. But I'm not worthless, and neither are they. I've done and said hosed up things, I've hosed up badly, and I still do good things and help people too. I wouldn't want to be treated as subhuman for my worst moments so why should I pretend it'd be right to do it to anyone else?

No matter what you do or say it still won't be 'right' or 'good' to sit around thinking about how you're better than other people. Aside from the moral aspect of it, what the gently caress is the point? Who cares?

AsInHowe posted:

Is today the day where SilentD finally gets banned?

Let's hope so.

Just say 'human beings deserve your respect and sympathy no matter what' enough and he'll probably just have a heart attack because you said he's not better than those people.

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 2, 2013

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Let's hope so.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AsInHowe posted:

Let's hope so.

Heh you foolish plebe he's not spending his money on malt liquor and menthols NASCAR tickets and dip, he has money to buy his account back!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SilentD posted:

I was mocking the purple heart bandaid, that's why it's OK to hate her, plus the Dubya sticker.

If soldiers are white trash cracker scum who you laugh at when they die, why does it offend you that she is being dismissive of the purple heart?

checkmate :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentD
Aug 22, 2012

by toby

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If soldiers are white trash cracker scum who you laugh at when they die, why does it offend you that she is being dismissive of the purple heart?

checkmate :smug:

I never said all soldiers were, I served in the military. Just that red states and rural areas are good for providing troops that society doesn't give a poo poo about.