Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Endless Mike posted:

TeeFury has a couple Tarnsformers, uh, "inspired" t-shirts today.

http://www.teefury.com

I think both are pretty sweet! The Aztec Grimlock with the blood smear is awesome, and Escherscream is cool too. I would probably get them both if I already didn't have a few teefury shirts in the mail coming in, heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Soundwave appears to be popping in and out of availability on TRU.com. Some people are getting orders in.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

therealjon_ posted:

Soundwave appears to be popping in and out of availability on TRU.com. Some people are getting orders in.
I'm considering asking my QA automation guy to write a quick test to refresh TRU every minute or so and notify me when the "Ship to Home" icon changes.

e:
\/ I'm using this link:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126

TheDK fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 1, 2013

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It doesn't even show up in a search for me now. :(

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

There are all kinds of good things going up on HTS.com

Metroplex, Shark Megatron, Sandstorm, Legends Starscream/Waspinator, Big Dumb Optimus, oh my

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers?BR=496&PG=1&ST=NW

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well, I just won a Soundwave on ebay. I guess that's that.

Time to sell the Energon and Alternators stuff I have sitting in boxes.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

strangehamster posted:

Metroplex, Shark Megatron, Sandstorm, Legends Starscream/Waspinator, Big Dumb Optimus, oh my
The description for Shark Megatron on HTS is so great

quote:

The invincible Decepticon tyrant is repaired, refitted, and hungry for revenge on Sharkticon Megatron! To defeat an old enemy, this Sharkticon Megatron figure has awesome new weapons! Your Transformers adventures are going to be better than ever with this incredible Sharkticon Megatron figure. In robot mode, he's armed with a spiky sharktooth spear, and the blades snap out when he's ready to attack! He can launch a devastating attack from above in his new shark jet mode!
The guy who writes these has the best job in Hasbro. It doesn't even make sense, really, it sounds like the drunken ravings of a bewildered sea captain or something.

Also which one is big dumb optimus? The leaderesque horror show?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

The guy who writes these has the best job in Hasbro. It doesn't even make sense, really, it sounds like the drunken ravings of a bewildered sea captain or something.

I liked when Aaron Archer got to write the box backs sometimes. Always wanted to see what the goblet of strife looked like.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Also which one is big dumb optimus? The leaderesque horror show?

Many of the BH bios don't even coincide with what's in the instructions story, and look like the guy was shown a picture of the toy and was told to just write his impressions. "Wow so let's see... this guy is LASERBACK and he has like a ... jaw or something and LAUNCHES TWO MISILES holy gently caress! (he only has one, forked missile)"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

strangehamster posted:

There are all kinds of good things going up on HTS.com

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers?BR=496&PG=1&ST=NW

Thanks for this. Still hoping for MP Soundwave somewhere.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

GD_American posted:

Thanks for this. Still hoping for MP Soundwave somewhere.

I forgot about secret unlisted Deluxe Prowl
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers-prime-deluxe-class-prowl-figure?BR=496&ID=32293

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Picked up the last MP Soundwave at my local TRU today. Apparently they shipped all of one case each to the stores in Washington. What the gently caress TRU distribution.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Spiderdrake posted:

If it's the dude that I'm thinking of, it doesn't surprise me

edit: got my regular Metroplex today - and wow, the paper stickers are way easier to get right vs the mylar ones from the SDCC version

Deceptive Thinker fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 1, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I saw Trailcutter at Target and passed him up. Am I a dummy?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I saw Trailcutter at Target and passed him up. Am I a dummy?

It's okay to prefer Hoist, I wish my Target had anything at all on the pegs.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

strangehamster posted:

I didn't even remember they were making a Hoist from the same mold. Huh! The crane to weapon owns, but I think I like Trailcutter more of the two.

My Target really didn't have a lot there. It was some FOC Jazz/Shockwaves and two Trailcutters.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

My Target has 6 Optimus/Jazz figures on the pegs still! I can send you a few if you'd like to put them on your Target's pegs.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
My Toysrus and Targets have nothing as well, it seems online only is the way to get the figures. However there seems to be one TRU that charges 25 dollars for each deluxe figure and 20 dollars for each legends figure. It's the only store in the area that does it. I'm tempted to go out of my way to find a Wal-Mart to see how their Transformer prices are, because target sells them for around 5 dollars cheaper than the 15 dollar price online.

I don't get why generations doesn't have sufficient stock.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

TheDK posted:

I'm considering asking my QA automation guy to write a quick test to refresh TRU every minute or so and notify me when the "Ship to Home" icon changes.

e:
\/ I'm using this link:

If you're using firefox then just install
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/check4change/
I'm sure there's a chrome equivalent too

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I picked up the Million publishing 2013 Transformers Generations book yesterday, and the have some really awesome prototype and design drawings of Metroplex in it.

Originally, in carrier mode, he was supposed to have two large tie fighter esque delta wings that would fold out and cover the arms sticking out the back. Think like a Star Wars episode 3 Jedi star fighter.

The waist would have also sat lower to the ground so that there was less of a space between the chest and the leg runway.

What could have been...

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Proof that I'd be a horrible scalper: Only picked up one MP Soundwave for a friend when it looked like they had at least 3 or 4 in stock. I didn't even come back later and see if a different person was at the counter or anything.

drat yous, functioning senses of guilt and shame!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

404GoonNotFound posted:

Proof that I'd be a horrible scalper: Only picked up one MP Soundwave for a friend when it looked like they had at least 3 or 4 in stock. I didn't even come back later and see if a different person was at the counter or anything.

I would ... I just... noooooooooooooo....

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

404GoonNotFound posted:

Go back and hook a goon up!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
The TRU near here got 40 Soundwaves this morning. They are trying to meet demand, it's just going to take some time. This isn't going to be another MP-10 Optimus situation.

On a related note, some TRUs have started to charge $131.99 for Soundwave, which is pure bullshit. Here is the link to the Soundwave page on their website. If you find one in a store, and they try to charge you $132 for it, pull that webpage up on your phone and make them price match their own website at $119.99.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
My post con depression is starting to kick in, but no worries, I'm doing one con right after another, as Charticon is next weekend.

I just wish they would change the name.

If anyone from outside NC is going to Charticon, make sure you go to Cook-Out and drink Cheerwine at least once. This is important.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

My post con depression is starting to kick in, but no worries, I'm doing one con right after another, as Charticon is next weekend.

I just wish they would change the name.

If anyone from outside NC is going to Charticon, make sure you go to Cook-Out and drink Cheerwine at least once. This is important.
If it ends up sucking (not sure how this is possible, but IF) we can just say "I'm never going back to lovely-con again!" and laugh/cry our way out of Charlotte.

:colbert:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I don't expect Charticon to be like a TFCon, but TFCon is like the highest standard as far as Transformers conventions go and you shouldn't expect it to be. I'm expecting it to be above BotCon and local toy shows, but still below TFCon because Auto Assembly is really the only thing that can compete with TFCon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I don't know who this comic shop is blowing, but they have the first wave of IDW deluxes in right now. And at a reasonable (for the UK) price. Only £17.99 (~$25) each. Considering a store around the corner has wave 1 of the Pacific Rim figures for £40 ($60) EACH, that's an actual bargain. I'm going to pick up Trailbreaker, but both Megatron and Orion Pax are looking pretty nifty too...

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I was just able to order MP Soundwave on TRU.com, GOGOGO!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

TheDK posted:

YES

THANK YOU

MaddT_Bagger
Dec 7, 2003
Hey, what's that on your face?
Thanks ... order went through ... lets hope they don't cancel it on me

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

TheDK posted:

YES IT WENT THROUGH PLEASE DONT CANCEL

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
It won't add any to my cart, they must be OUT :(

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Dre2Dee2 posted:

It won't add any to my cart, they must be OUT :(

Keep trying, judging by TFW's thread it's going in and out

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

It's just out for me, no in. :I

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Sorry man.

But I just got my confirmation email WOOHOO

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
MP Soundwave currently showing as in stock but it won't let me add it to the cart, I don't know if they're messing with me or if the library's internet is terrible.

:argh:

e: aaaand they're gone.

BXCX fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 2, 2013

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
The first one of those "Transformer heads on a stick" things used for actors' eyelines has been spotted on the set of Transformers 4, and...well, there never really was much hope. Only a fool's hope.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Keldroc posted:

The first one of those "Transformer heads on a stick" things used for actors' eyelines has been spotted on the set of Transformers 4, and...well, there never really was much hope. Only a fool's hope.

That THOAS looks like a sasquatch smoking a corn-cob pipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

strangehamster posted:

That THOAS looks like a sasquatch smoking a corn-cob pipe.

And they already had a sorta decent "old-man bot" with the Jetfire design already. I mean seriously what the gently caress is that :D

So has anyone seen the RiD preview? Apparently Starscream's getting a new body (Armada style?) and we have a new decepticon doctor, Flatline (from some movieverse comics I guess). That's a pretty cool name by the way.