Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poke
Mar 1, 2004
He didn't just punch a hole through the Sea King's torso. He punched through the Sea King's left fist and then obliterated his chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It was raining, so the sea king was at full strength, too. Saitama winning isn't surprising, but that he did so in front of witnesses who knew who he was is.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

And honestly, he probably hit him harder than he really needed to as well.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

NecroMonster posted:

He didn't even really pull back for the punch. He just tossed a jab from his waist.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I guess this is how he gets his official name.

He doesn't have one yet, does he?

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

NecroMonster posted:

When isn't this the case? Hell, he bitch-slapped the mosquito woman through a building. The most restraint we've seen from the guy is when he gave Sonic's nuts a love-tap.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Saitama only restraints himself when it's a human. He tends to go easy. They are still in pain, but at least they don't' have a hole in their torso. :v:

So he don't' give a poo poo going out on monsters.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
He held back versus Genos. Didn't even do anything but dodge.

Carnival47
Jul 21, 2004

PaganGoatPants posted:

He held back versus Genos. Didn't even do anything but dodge.

Funny thing about the genos fight is when Saitama was holding back, the fight was very shoneny; Lots of dodging, aerial acrobatics, ect. But when Genos asked Saitama to take the duel seriously, Saitama just sidestepped genos' attack and one shotted him.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I keep expecting that one punch to be less satisfying at some point, but hot drat if that wasn't glorious.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Zero_Tactility posted:

I keep expecting that one punch to be less satisfying at some point, but hot drat if that wasn't glorious.
Yeah, that's pretty amazing. We all know that this is one-punch man, and it's all going to come down to that one punch, but that one punch retains all of its excitement every single time. One/Murata are the ultimate manga combo.

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

Take a look at the Sea King's left hand on this page:

loving brilliant.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I guess this is how he gets his official name.

He doesn't have one yet, does he?

The official name saitama gets is caped baldy

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
I just loved Saitama interrupting the Sea King's monologue with, "It's raining, can we just get this over with?"

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I keep enjoying the build-up to the One Punch as much as the next goon, but I really hope that Saitama gets the recognition he deserves so that the manga can change gears a bit. Or maybe ONE has some better tricks up his sleeve, dunno.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Don't worry, things get different as it goes along. A bigger part is focusing more on the other heroes, and ONE's definitely best when he's working with... eccentric personalities.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Timid posted:

Take a look at the Sea King's left hand on this page:

loving brilliant.
Punched his fist clean in half.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Say Nothing posted:

Punched his fist clean in half.

God drat, everything about this panel is great. The expression on Sea Kings face, the crown, the sense of intense, yet easy motion of Saitama's jab. Even his loving cape looks amazing.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Murata is pretty much a genious. Personally, I'm not a real big fan of mangas or manwas, but there is no denying that I have never seen anyone do this medium as well as he does. I would pick this over any other comic art I've ever seen. Are there any who compare, across all genres?

He's the Saitama of the comic world. One-page man. All it takes to blow you away.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nice piece of fish posted:

Murata is pretty much a genious. Personally, I'm not a real big fan of mangas or manwas, but there is no denying that I have never seen anyone do this medium as well as he does. I would pick this over any other comic art I've ever seen. Are there any who compare, across all genres?

He's the Saitama of the comic world. One-page man. All it takes to blow you away.

Oh my, yes. Murata is an incredible comics artist, but he is hardly the only one, japanese or otherwise.

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

Speaking of which Murata is doing a live stream right now:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nebu-kuro1
He's doing some ink work right now, but I can't for the life of me tell at what part of the story it is.

nexas fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 4, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

nexas posted:

Speaking of which Murata is doing a live stream right now:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nebu-kuro1
He's doing some ink work right now, but I can't for the life of me tell at what part of the story it is.

If it's not from the main story, it might be the end-of-volume extra original chapter for volume 4. By the way, the cover illustration for v4 is Bang, and it's awesome.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
This manga is amazing, wow. Thank you for this thread existing or I'd have never gotten into it. Just...wow.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
A jab with no wind-up, follow-through, or footwork was that destructive.

Saitama :allears:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Don't forget that Genos is there as well, and is probably more than willing to tell the truth about Saitama's strength.

It'll be rationalized as Saitama dealt the final blow to a monster that had already taken lots of damage from several heroes.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Lamebot posted:

It'll be rationalized as Saitama dealt the final blow to a monster that had already taken lots of damage from several heroes.

All of which were probably hospitalized for weeks.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

international owl day posted:

All of which were probably hospitalized for weeks.

Except for Genos. He doesn't need hospitalization, he just needs a good mechanic.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
They'll send a styrofoam-padded box in the mail and send back a "like-new" refurbished Genos a couple weeks later.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Asimo posted:

Don't worry, things get different as it goes along. A bigger part is focusing more on the other heroes, and ONE's definitely best when he's working with... eccentric personalities.

I really thought the Sea King was one of the most enigmatic villains of all time, he didn't need any backstory, he just started loving people's poo poo up, and Murata's artwork made him imposing as hell and loving terrifying to boot.

This particular frame reminds me of this, from Kingdom Come:

I wonder if there is any inspiration drawn from this by Murata.

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Aug 5, 2013

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

I wonder if there is any inspiration drawn from this by Murata.

I wonder if ONE drew any inspiration from elsewhere for the nipple heart pasties, or if he came up with that all on his own.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

JosephWongKS posted:

I wonder if ONE drew any inspiration from elsewhere for the nipple heart pasties, or if he came up with that all on his own.

Nipples come up alot in this manga, for some reason. :shrug:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hmm...

There does seem to be a trend, doesn't there?

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

It's a direct and simple consequence of nipples being inherently funny.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Even when I knew what was going to happen from the original I still said "holy poo poo" out loud at the giant shockwave.

Whoa now buddy don't go comparing Satima to Man of Steel Superman. Satima actually saved the city he was trying to protect.

Also man that punch looks so wimpy compared to the stuff Murata pulls off

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I really thought the Sea King was one of the most enigmatic villains of all time, he didn't need any backstory, he just started loving people's poo poo up, and Murata's artwork made him imposing as hell and loving terrifying to boot.

The slightly out of focus picture of the Seaking right after he busted through the shelter wall when the low rank heroes were fighting him was really well done as well. You could just barely make out his eyes and incredibly sharp array of teeth, it was pretty terrifying.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

SirDan3k posted:

Whoa now buddy don't go comparing Satima to Man of Steel Superman. Satima actually saved the city he was trying to protect.

Yes but keep in mind Saitama's destroyed the city too, and he basically didn't give a poo poo about it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Meme Emulator posted:

The slightly out of focus picture of the Seaking right after he busted through the shelter wall when the low rank heroes were fighting him was really well done as well. You could just barely make out his eyes and incredibly sharp array of teeth, it was pretty terrifying.

For me the best scene was the bit where he and Prisoner exchange punches. There was such oomph in those two page spreads that you could almost feel the air shaking. Close followup is the scene where Sea King punches Genos through a wall and then follows up with another huge punch. That was great.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lamebot posted:

Sneck will probably try to take credit if he's still alive. He's probably holding a grudge against Saitama after getting flattened by him in chapter 16.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

Sneck will probably try to take credit if he's still alive. He's probably holding a grudge against Saitama after getting flattened by him in chapter 16.

The humor of Onepunch-Man is so very subtle, I laughed so hard at this exchange:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
If there ever was going to be a manga-comic crossover I would dearly love to see Dial H for Hero and characters from Onepunch-Man do a team up.

Aside from that I've taken great pleasure in introducing my friends to Onepunch-Man. It's pretty awesome to hear them gush about each arcs conclusion of 'Saitama punches a guys in an awesome way'.