Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=

Gammatron 64 posted:

YES IT WENT THROUGH PLEASE DONT CANCEL

Mine got to authenticating my CC, then... nothing. I still have no idea if it went through or not. Siiiiigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Keldroc posted:

The first one of those "Transformer heads on a stick" things used for actors' eyelines has been spotted on the set of Transformers 4, and...well, there never really was much hope. Only a fool's hope.

I would give ANYTHING to see TFs cut with nothing but the unedited footage of Transformers heads on sticks :allears:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I figure you guys might appreciate this, cross-posting it from the Lego thread.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rythe posted:

Those rails look too big and sort of out of scale on that G1 reissue WHOA COOL!

I think I got an MP Soundwave order into the system, I don't have an email or anything to confirm it yet.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Twintwist and Topspin despite being retools are honestly nice updates to their original G1 counterparts. Yeah their original gimmick was a flip changer and they both were robot midgets, but they're pretty decent remolds especially with their weapons. Honestly the only issue I have with one of the Wreckers team members is Roadbuster. He deserves a full on voyager like Whirl, a swindle retrool just doesn't cut it with this guy. He's supposed to be one of the larger Wreckers and he's yet to get anything larger than a deluxe.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, if Whirl got one deluxe and one voyager we can always hope for ol' Roadbuster (even though I always found him boring as gently caress). I had both as a kid and I loved Whirl sooooo much. He was a kickass helicopter, I wish they did GDO WHirl instead of Springer for the tomahawk retool.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Well gently caress you, I only found out there was a G1 Whirl the other day, I thought he was just comic like Impactor and Rack'n'Ruin. I know Whirl never got across to the UK. I did have Topspin & Twintwist though.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Man that Omega Supreme is awesome, and I need instructions for that little Megatron. I gave up on the Lego thread when it became 99% about those stupid blindpack minifigures.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Didn't even need Ultra Magnus

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

Diet Poison posted:

Man that Omega Supreme is awesome, and I need instructions for that little Megatron. I gave up on the Lego thread when it became 99% about those stupid blindpack minifigures.

Anyone want Gen. Blitzwang, Springer or Sandstorm? BH Arcee, Crocout or FoC Shockwave? My target has tons.

I'm hunting for IDW Orion, Megs, Trailcutter, Gen Legends Optimus, Bee, Starscream and Megs.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So those little classics legends guys are smaller than I expected. They were coming with a targetmaster minicon and cost 10 bucks, so I was sort of hoping that they would have been the size of the Powercore combiners two packs since those were pretty much the same thing. However they are bigger than the RTS/GDO Legends figures so at least they're not smaller than their previous size class incarnations.

Speaking of the Powercore combiners though, it's strange that none of them have been repainted for Generations. Stuff like Heavytread, Skyhammer, Undertow, and The Dinobots could probably pass for Micromaster teams if they came with drones, since they were worlds better than the first PCC teams. Micromasters much like Minicons, tend to suck if they don't have bases or larger guys to connect to.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 3, 2013

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Diet Poison posted:

Pop over to the Lego thread and check out the last few post, there is a Lego Soundwave with instructions on how to build it, pretty impressive build.

Speaking of sound wave, for a run into TRU for a Mister Potato Head for my little one turned into this unexpectedly.

Was kind of shocked to see both of them sitting in the store, the Acid Storms where sold out but the Soundwaves where untouched, first shipment the stores has gotten too from what the employee was telling me.

Now to figure out what I am going to do with the second one, the first one is so going to get played with tonight.

Rythe fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 3, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Grab the pitchforks, lads!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rythe posted:

I continue to wonder why the hell the Kre-O TFs don't look this good. So disappointing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Because it would cost $500. Duh.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rythe posted:

Now to figure out what I am going to do with the second one, the first one is so going to get played with tonight.

Heyyyyy buddy! How you doin'?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Heyyyyy buddy! How you doin'?

Captain Invictus jumped on it quick for a possible buyer, if you are interested in it drop me a PM and I will let you know if he backs out. I am not trying to make a killing on the profit, I actually picked up the extra one because I knew a lot of people on here wanted one and had issues finding it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Nah it's cool, I can't really afford it right now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I passed. Have at it, Doctor, WHO KNOWS WHEN YOU WILL GET THIS CHANCE AGAIN etc.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

Nah it's cool, I can't really afford it right now.

I'm sure I can't afford it, did anyone get a TRU email or anything at all today when trying to order?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can afford it. Dibs. I have no PMs.

My email is Ryancharleswhite@yahoo.com

I have money in my PayPal right now!

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I can afford it. Dibs. I have no PMs.

My email is Ryancharleswhite@yahoo.com

I have money in my PayPal right now!

E-mail sent.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I lucked out today - got my car back from the collision shop and decided to run into Toys R Us before I left town for the weekend. Sitting right there was 2 Acid Storms and a Soundwave. The employee said they got around 8 boxes of it this morning.

Check your Toys R Us folks! I plan on checking another store while I'm out of town tomorrow.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

The first one of those "Transformer heads on a stick" things used for actors' eyelines has been spotted on the set of Transformers 4, and...well, there never really was much hope. Only a fool's hope.

That head really rustles my jimmies.

PriNcessofDarXness posted:

I'm hunting for IDW Orion, Megs, Trailcutter, Gen Legends Optimus, Bee, Starscream and Megs.
The Legends guys are up on Hasbro Toy Shop if that works for you.

So my Subscription Service Slipstream showed up today. The figure's awesome, really great deco, but Fun Pub packed her with one of those ridiculously tight clear plastic rubberbands around the back of her plane mode. That resulted in the soft plastic knee spikes becoming all warped inward. I put some small binder clips on them, hopefully that will straighten them back out because the wonky knee spikes totally ruin an otherwise slick-looking figure. Wasn't there some trick to fixing warped PVC, like hitting it with a hairdryer or something?

In other mail delivery news that doesn't affect anyone but me, my Soundwave's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully he'll make it through the shipping process better.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Goldskull posted:

Well gently caress you, I only found out there was a G1 Whirl the other day, I thought he was just comic like Impactor and Rack'n'Ruin. I know Whirl never got across to the UK. I did have Topspin & Twintwist though.

I have a complete G1 Whirl including his box :)

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I actually prefer the shredded insect face look of the first movie TF's to the humanized-stereotype faces of the second and third (and now fourth) films. Ugh.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Wow, you guys weren't kidding about Trailcutter being the best part of this wave. Not sure about the Megatron criticism though, really think he's pretty solid apart from the fiddly shoulders.

Couldn't find a drat Pax though :smith:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Orion Pax's box art is the grumpiest old robot man face of all time.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Bahhh, the Toys R Us near me got a shipment in but they sold out. I knew I should have just gone first thing.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Metroplex and MP Soundwave in the mail next week :dance:

No idea where I'm gonna put either

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Just got MP Soundwave, and he is glorious. Had some mold flash on the underside of his chin though, and trimming that off was the tensest moment I've had all weak. Trying to replace him would not have been fun.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TRU UK have a MP Soundwave listing, but it's 119.99 pounds. So about $200. So much for competitive pricing.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Presented for your entertainment.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Kinda heavy puffing there. Lay off the Marlboros.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I was kinda holding the phone in my mouth and trying not to giggle.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So I was looking at SDCC and Platinum Bruticus comparisons. They're pretty much the same, I also know some people have said the plastic might be slightly different when it comes to Blastoff, Vortex, and Swindle. But that seemed to not be the case, it was only Swindle that had the slight noticeable difference, the lack of swirling or whatever. Like you really can only tell with a side by side comparison and looking real closely.

I'm wondering now if different batches just used different plastic.

But yeah once you open the toys you can't really tell at all. Which means I'm going to get Platinum Bruticus.

I like Comic Con exclusives this way, just a different box but the same toy inside for a later general release. I've also collected all US releases that used the G1 bruticus mold(just missing Battle Gaia) including the four different flavors of Ruination(Japan Gold, US Silver, Urban Camo, and Desert Camo), both energon brutici, both PCC Combaticon guys, Classics Ultra Onslaught and legends Onalught, and Generations and G2 bruticus. Also RID and Universe 2.0 bruticus(but they're a dog and a giant dragon and don't really count);

So other than Platinum and Ruination, I almost have enough for a Bruticus Social.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

WendigoJohnson posted:

I like Comic Con exclusives this way, just a different box but the same toy inside for a later general release.

I don't. I'm not a convention exclusive collector, but I know how much bullshit people have to go through to even just get up to the front of the line at the Hasbro booth at SDCC, and to basically give the finger to those people by re-releasing the same toy at retail is not cool in my book. At least when Hasbro put out retail versions of the BotCon Classics Seekers they were different paint jobs. An exclusive should be an exclusive, otherwise you're just straight up lying to your most dedicated fans.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

TRU UK have a MP Soundwave listing, but it's 119.99 pounds. So about $200. So much for competitive pricing.

OOF, Even Kapow have it for £135 + postage.
Final Edition if that means anything
http://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/mp13-masterpiece-soundwave-final-p-6315.html

My Fiancee actually gave me the go ahead to get £155 Metroplex today, if I can find a place to put it. I will have him as my surrogate child and take him by the hand everywhere, but yeah. I can afford it, but I don't know if I can even justify it to myself. When resting he can live on top of the shelves stood with G1 Predaking and Piranhacon.
I'm more thinking pay that now and in 3-4 years it'll be £300+ on eBay, not that I'm one for scalping/selling them on.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

I don't. I'm not a convention exclusive collector, but I know how much bullshit people have to go through to even just get up to the front of the line at the Hasbro booth at SDCC, and to basically give the finger to those people by re-releasing the same toy at retail is not cool in my book. At least when Hasbro put out retail versions of the BotCon Classics Seekers they were different paint jobs. An exclusive should be an exclusive, otherwise you're just straight up lying to your most dedicated fans.

Maybe SDCC shouldn't be filled with so much bullshit then? It was really only Metroplex and Bruticus that were day 1 sellouts, stuff like Nemesis Prime were available way long after SDCC was over.

I mean look at the amount of bullshit that Monster High Collectors go through it's arguably worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I came home last night to discover a massive suitcase sized box waiting for me at my door! Asia convention exclusive Metroplex!

After taking him out of the packing and fiddling a bit I've gotta say I'm disappointed in the qc on this guy. Both his right shoulder and right thigh ratchets are weaker than his left side ones. They make noticeably different and softer clicking sounds. Also the chrome on his left thigh is puckered in places.

The rest of the figure seems ok and is ridiculously tall, but I wish Hasbro had given him tighter knee joints, or just tighter joints in general because when you handle him in bot mode he seems very wobbly and can barely support his own weight. A stiffer plastic would have probably made all the difference.

He's still awesome though.